Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Transcript Of Buhari Commonwealth Interview. ( Scary) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transcript Of Buhari Commonwealth Interview. ( Scary) (820 Views)

Full Transcript Of Amaechi's Leaked Tapes "Insulting Buhari" / Transcript Of IGP Ibrahim Idris' 'Transmission' Message (Video) / Transcript Of Bill Gates Speech To Buhari In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Transcript Of Buhari Commonwealth Interview. ( Scary) by desmond2pk: 10:08am On Apr 20, 2018
From the lady moderator: "Mr Buhari, there is great interest in your thoughts on many issues, on investments in the North East, on the continental free trade agreement, errm, feel free to take your pick. Would you like to take the microphone and errm leave us with your final thoughts from you. Buhari takes the mic and fiddles with it. The lady moderator facing him said, "I think its (the mic) probably already turned on". Buhari takes the mic tries to turn it on and slaps the mic head pam pam pam and says, "well erm thank you very much for the observations". We will start with one on the North East. Errm, All the questions i think are errr would relate about Nigeria's preparedness to accept investments and secure the confidence of those who are ready to invest or those who are already there. Ermm I believe for those who are following us closely, they could recall on the political errrm campaign we conducted and (he was inaudible here) was based on 3 things. First, securing the country and in particular the person who mentioned the NE, the so called Boko Haram was occupying a large chunk of this part of the country and they caused a lot of damage to the infrastructure, especially educational and health. And then the economy; we have a very young population. Our population is estimated conservatively to be errr a hundred and eighty million. Eh, This is a conservative one. More than 60% of the population is below the age of 60, (eh 30 - he changed it himself). A lot of them havent been to school and they are claiming ahhh !ahhhh you know that Nigeria has been an oil producing country therefore eh they should sit and do nothing and ahh get housing, healthcare, ahh education free; but let me tell you that ehh erm recently my minister of education (or for information- he changed it) was constrained to answer a question when people accused the administration of doing nothing. He said let Nigerians be reminded what position we were before May 2015, whay condition we are now and what we have achieved between then and now. And I think people were impressed with the answer. To security? we have done quite well. Ahhmm Economy? Ahhhm, We have done very well especially in Agriculture by providing soft loans and the ehhhhh gurantee is just you have to belong to a certain locality and you have got land, you dont have to go to the banks you know, ehhhh and bring a physical collateral. So I think a lot is being done. And on the security side, certainly, both in the North East and in the South South, there has been an improvement on the security of the country. And this morning, before just I came here, I saw Shell Group, they came and saw me. They are preparing to invest $15b you know..ahh in Nigeria (they came and broke the news to me).......someone (obviously a Nigerian official) initiated clapping in the audience and clap clap clap....the video ended...It is a harrowing experience listening to this geriatric man. I haf tried biko....

(1) (Reply)

Keyamo Has Not Spoken Against Fulani Herdsmen For Selfish Reasons / How Buhari Indicted Himself In June 12 / Northern Appointments: Man Blasts Buhari, Lists 3 Things That Can Sack Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.