Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens (3000 Views)

Itel Launches Ear Phones, Laptop, TV And A New Phone Into Nigerian Market / What Are The Best Wireless Ear Buds Under 10k-15k? / Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, Ear Buds Free Shipping (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by geekdigital: 2:41pm On Apr 23, 2018
Maliki001:
we are jst too ignorant about it
Obviously true
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by geekdigital: 2:48pm On Apr 23, 2018
zamanient:
yea
Exactly..its the right and best thing
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by geekdigital: 2:49pm On Apr 23, 2018
This is real Tech
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by SirSpencer97(m): 5:04pm On Apr 23, 2018
This is one health care problem parents of now Adays fail to notice
This earbuds issue had killed so many apart from damaging the ears
We need to be cautious
Nice one
Thanks for the awareness
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by GeneralBlaze: 6:37pm On Apr 23, 2018
Tarivanessa:

There’s a big push to pay attention to how much “screen time” kids have these days, with electronic tablets now becoming more commonplace in schools as well as at home. Part of that effort should also be focused on the impact this has on their hearing.

While there are many different causes of noise-induced hearing loss, the pervasiveness of portable listening devices can’t be ignored. In fact, a 2010 study in the Journal of the American Medical Association showed that 1 in 5 teenagers have experienced some degree of hearing loss. Ear buds are placed directly in the ear and can increase the sound signal by as much as 6 to 9 decibels. At maximum volume, this places music from personal audio devices somewhere between the noise created from power tools and that of loudspeakers at a rock concert.
Here are some tips for safe listening from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA):

• Keep it down: We’ll start with the obvious and point out that a good guideline to follow is keeping the dial to about half volume.

• Take breaks: Like any part of your body, your ears can get tired, and any damage from noise is made worse with longer exposure. Think of the 60-60 rule: 60 percent volume for 60 minutes. This also helps with that pesky “screen time” issue.

• Be an example: If children see you blaring your tunes, it’ll be tougher for them to want to keep the volume down.
It’s also important for parents to have their child see an audiologist to establish a baseline hearing level. The audiologist can then recommend a hearing-loss prevention program suited for that child’s individual needs.

We know that parents are concerned about this, too, but that hasn’t always translated into action. In a recent AHSA national poll, 75 percent of parents said that teaching the proper use of ear buds and headphones is important, but that only 50 percent have brought up the topic with their children. It’s never the wrong time to start the discussion.

http://www.infinix.club/forum/196/372913

The awareness is welcome
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by GeneralBlaze: 6:37pm On Apr 23, 2018
SirSpencer97:
This is one health care problem parents of now Adays fail to notice
This earbuds issue had killed so many apart from damaging the ears
We need to be cautious
Nice one
Thanks for the awareness

I didn't even know something like 60-60 rule existed
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by GeneralBlaze: 6:39pm On Apr 23, 2018
zamanient:
i can put ear piece like for 20hrs

Chairman sir... Your welcome
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by GeneralBlaze: 6:40pm On Apr 23, 2018
Ayebaeapretai:
very true, my body sometimes pick my phone up and connects the earpieace to his ears at at the highest volume. i have to monitor him now.

When it's like that I collect my earphones and say... No spoil am for mw
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by GeneralBlaze: 6:40pm On Apr 23, 2018
surest07:

Lolzzz bro are u a doctor

Does one have to be a doc to know certain things?
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by GeneralBlaze: 6:42pm On Apr 23, 2018
Maliki001:
we are jst too ignorant about it

And gone are the days when what you don't know won't kill you... Now what you don't know will even kill you first
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by GeneralBlaze: 6:42pm On Apr 23, 2018
Sarhyd:
We Africans especially Nigerians won’t follow this tips as we hardly listen to simple instructions and believe them not to be real �

Younger parents these days are now listening or.
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by BennyPachino: 6:44pm On Apr 23, 2018
Tarivanessa:

There’s a big push to pay attention to how much “screen time” kids have these days, with electronic tablets now becoming more commonplace in schools as well as at home. Part of that effort should also be focused on the impact this has on their hearing.

While there are many different causes of noise-induced hearing loss, the pervasiveness of portable listening devices can’t be ignored. In fact, a 2010 study in the Journal of the American Medical Association showed that 1 in 5 teenagers have experienced some degree of hearing loss. Ear buds are placed directly in the ear and can increase the sound signal by as much as 6 to 9 decibels. At maximum volume, this places music from personal audio devices somewhere between the noise created from power tools and that of loudspeakers at a rock concert.
Here are some tips for safe listening from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA):

• Keep it down: We’ll start with the obvious and point out that a good guideline to follow is keeping the dial to about half volume.

• Take breaks: Like any part of your body, your ears can get tired, and any damage from noise is made worse with longer exposure. Think of the 60-60 rule: 60 percent volume for 60 minutes. This also helps with that pesky “screen time” issue.

• Be an example: If children see you blaring your tunes, it’ll be tougher for them to want to keep the volume down.
It’s also important for parents to have their child see an audiologist to establish a baseline hearing level. The audiologist can then recommend a hearing-loss prevention program suited for that child’s individual needs.

We know that parents are concerned about this, too, but that hasn’t always translated into action. In a recent AHSA national poll, 75 percent of parents said that teaching the proper use of ear buds and headphones is important, but that only 50 percent have brought up the topic with their children. It’s never the wrong time to start the discussion.

http://www.infinix.club/forum/196/372913

Wonderful
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by BennyPachino: 6:46pm On Apr 23, 2018
GeneralBlaze:

I agree with you..just as how younger men now do things for their wives more
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by BennyPachino: 6:49pm On Apr 23, 2018
GeneralBlaze:

I didn't even know something like 60-60 rule existed

Now you do
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by BennyPachino: 6:49pm On Apr 23, 2018
GeneralBlaze:

And gone are the days when what you don't know won't kill you... Now what you don't know will even kill you first

LMAO..... Word
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by BennyPachino: 6:50pm On Apr 23, 2018
GeneralBlaze:

When it's like that I collect my earphones and say... No spoil am for mw

Werey
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by BennyPachino: 6:51pm On Apr 23, 2018
Tarivanessa:
Most parents dont pay attention to this.

That was then oo
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by Sarhyd(m): 7:31pm On Apr 23, 2018
Geekhabeeb:

and its affecting our hearings

I’m telling you
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by Sarhyd(m): 7:32pm On Apr 23, 2018
The bigger the headset, the louder the beats. Higher the volume, you feel the beat well LOL
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by kasim1: 8:41pm On Apr 23, 2018
geekdigital:

Really nice bro..I love the Tips
he killed it man
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by kasim1: 8:41pm On Apr 23, 2018
surest07:

Wow...nice teaching thanks bro
a million naira awareness
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by kasim1: 8:42pm On Apr 23, 2018
Sarhyd:
The bigger the headset, the louder the beats. Higher the volume, you feel the beat well LOL
the more damage it causes yoi
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by kasim1: 8:42pm On Apr 23, 2018
Sarhyd:

I’m telling you
even the brain
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by kasim1: 8:43pm On Apr 23, 2018
BennyPachino:

LMAO..... Word
cany fit to laugh
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by Maliki001: 8:45pm On Apr 23, 2018
GeneralBlaze:

not only the parents but all in general
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by Maliki001: 8:45pm On Apr 23, 2018
kasim1:
even the brain
the entire system my brother
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by Maliki001: 8:46pm On Apr 23, 2018
BennyPachino:

Now you do
very well
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by Maliki001: 8:49pm On Apr 23, 2018
BennyPachino:

That was then oo
bro even now
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by Maliki001: 8:50pm On Apr 23, 2018
BennyPachino:

Werey
lols
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by Maliki001: 8:50pm On Apr 23, 2018
GeneralBlaze:

Chairman sir... Your welcome
yea if am traveling always in my ear
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by zamanient: 8:52pm On Apr 23, 2018
kasim1:
he killed it man
more than
Re: Ear Buds And Headphones: Safe Listening Tips For Kids And Teens by zamanient: 8:52pm On Apr 23, 2018
Maliki001:
yea if am traveling always in my ear
same over here

'ucweb In The House' Opera Mini Or Mod Is The Grand Son Of Ucweb! / Blackberry Messenger Now On Android And Ios / Usb On The Go: How Much Of It Do You Know Or Use?