Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,393 members, 7,826,517 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Can General M Buhari End Corruption In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can General M Buhari End Corruption In Nigeria? (2754 Views)

MASSOB To Buhari: End Fulani Herdsmen Attacks On S-east In 30days Or… / Buhari, End Fuel Scarcity Within 48 Hours Or You Resign - NANS / Can General Buhari Do This (see Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can General M Buhari End Corruption In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:18am On May 16, 2010
His proven track record indicates that he may just be the man to rid us of the cancer of corruption.

The fact that the corrupt and theiving Obasanjo and Babaginda are doing all they could to prevent him getting back into power says a lot for Buhari's patriotism , integrity and anti-corruption credentials.

During his 20months as Nigerian leader, Buhari imprisoned over 500 corrupt poiticians, officials and businessmen and made genuine efforts to recover their loot.

Q. Who truncated Buhari's successful anti-corruption drive between 1984-1985?
A.  Babaginda (IBB) most likely with support from his mate Obasanjo.

Between OBj and IBB, they ruled for  20 of the last  35 years and are equally responsible for the mess we find ourselves in today.

Now all IBB and OBJ are interested in doing, is to prevent Buhari getting power, as they know if Buhari becomes president, he would throw them both in jail for their corruption.

IBB is only seeking power in 2011 as a smokescreen to block Buhari's path to power.

Now we hear that OBJ does not want IBB or Buhari to seek election in 2011(please read it as :OBJ does not want Buhari - he knows that IBB is only trying to prevent Buhari).

Nigeria's number one problem today  is corruption, should we not focus on getting a leader who can eradicate it?

Buhari is now 68 and if he is not elected we would miss another opportunity to truely eradicate corruption.
Research for yourselves , the record of Buhari in power.

Re: Can General M Buhari End Corruption In Nigeria? by Osama10(m): 3:34am On May 16, 2010
Silly fools.
Re: Can General M Buhari End Corruption In Nigeria? by neily(f): 3:59am On May 16, 2010
The three of them should go and rest, we don't need them. Someone shuld tell them that this country is not their fathers' property.
Re: Can General M Buhari End Corruption In Nigeria? by paddylo1(m): 7:15am On May 16, 2010
Buhari is an slowpoke. . .Imagine truncating our democracy and wanting to come back again. . .

He should go and die in Katsina
Re: Can General M Buhari End Corruption In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:03am On May 16, 2010
what democracy did he truncate?

Do we really have true democracy now? Have we ever had true democracy in Nigeria?

When a government is corrupt it ceases to be democratic and it is right and proper that it is made to answer for it is actions.
This is exactly what Buhari did when his regime intervened in Dec 1983, to prevent the Shagari administration looting us down to the last kobo.
Re: Can General M Buhari End Corruption In Nigeria? by jamace(m): 6:20pm On May 16, 2010
May be in a military dispensation he can, but in this democrazy where bureaucratic bottlenecks exist, I doubt. Think about the Political opponents, political jobbers, the godfathers of Nigeria doom and the judiciary, are strong oppositions to anti-corruption war in Nigeria.
Re: Can General M Buhari End Corruption In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 17, 2010
He should be given the chance to try.
As commander -in chief of the armed force he could declare a state of emergency to deal with bureaucratric bottlenecks and opposition from corrupt institiutions.

jamace:

May be in a military dispensation he can, but in this democrazy where bureaucratic bottlenecks exist, I doubt. Think about the Political opponents, political jobbers, the godfathers of Nigeria doom and the judiciary, are strong oppositions to anti-corruption war in Nigeria.
Re: Can General M Buhari End Corruption In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 17, 2010
forget it - we deserve the sleazy leaders we get - look at the politics section - we have people defending james ibori as a 'small time thief who should be left alone

when buhari and idiagbon were ousted by ibb, did Nigerians not cheer?
Re: Can General M Buhari End Corruption In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 17, 2010
Only the the gullible Nigerians cheered because th IBB promised them the earth!
Re: Can General M Buhari End Corruption In Nigeria? by Abagworo(m): 5:52pm On May 17, 2010
are you general buhari?
Re: Can General M Buhari End Corruption In Nigeria? by Afam(m): 8:04am On May 18, 2010
GenBuhari:

what democracy did he truncate?

The Shagari government.

GenBuhari:

Do we really have true democracy now? Have we ever had true democracy in Nigeria?

Is there anything to show us that you will usher in true democracy in Nigeria? 3 drug pushers were executed based on laws that did not exist and to me that is murder because he could round up Nigerians anytime and execute based on laws that don't exist. Admission of error and apology could suffice in this regard.

GenBuhari:

When a government is corrupt it ceases to be democratic and it is right and proper that it is made to answer for it is actions.
This is exactly what Buhari did when his regime intervened in Dec 1983, to prevent the Shagari administration looting us down to the last kobo.

Buhari today is not a soldier so the promises in 1983 may be almost impossible to fulfill today.
Re: Can General M Buhari End Corruption In Nigeria? by adconline(m): 8:43am On May 18, 2010
what a waste of internet time I bet that www inventors never imagined that this senseless post would become one of the by-products of their ingenuity.
Re: Can General M Buhari End Corruption In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 18, 2010
Afam:

The Shagari government.

@ Afam
HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!
That cluess adminstration ceased to be democracy when corruption went out of control and he even rigged the election i n 1983 to be re-elected.

Afam:

3 drug pushers were executed based on laws that did not exist and to me that is murder because he could round up Nigerians anytime and execute based on laws that don't exist. Admission of error and apology could suffice in this regard.
@ Afam,
It is very interesting to note that you now seem to be defending criminals / drug pushers.
It is seems to make sense that you would be opposed to Buhari who is against corruption, criminals and drug pushers.

adconline:

what a waste of internet time I bet that www inventors never imagined that this senseless post would become one of the by-products of their ingenuity.
@adconline
I couldn't agree with you more! I give you credit for acknowledging that your own post is senseless.
Re: Can General M Buhari End Corruption In Nigeria? by Afam(m): 2:05pm On May 18, 2010
GenBuhari:

@ Afam,
It is very interesting to note that you now seem to be defending criminals / drug pushers.
It is seems to make sense that you would be opposed to Buhari who is against corruption, criminals and drug pushers.

I am not defending criminals neither am I defending drug pushers.

I am questioning the very wrong act of executing someone based on laws that never existed at the time the offense was committed.

The reason for questioning that action is this - Buhari could wake up one day and choose to execute all the Igbos based on a law that he just created last night.

Injustice to one person is injustice to all.

As a matter of fact killing someone for a crime that did not attract death penalty at the time of the crime is pure murder.

So, while those drug pushers were guilty of pushing drugs Buhari was guilty of murder.

I only hope you were Buhari so that you will defend the comment by other generals that Buhari believes that his ideas were always the best even when wrong.

I support his position on corruption but certainly not the execution of people who committed an offense that did not carry the death penalty.

If we ignore this then people who are accused of fighting may face firing squad under Buhari in future, that is my worry.
Re: Can General M Buhari End Corruption In Nigeria? by muhsin(m): 2:34pm On May 18, 2010
Hey,

I remain ambivalent towards Gen. Buhari's becoming a president or otherwise.

Yet if I can meet him I'll personally and faithfully advise him to simply quit politics. It's a game which his likes cannot play and score any goal. I'm afraid for him becoming frustrated, which that can easily affect his health.

May Allah save Nigeria, amin.
Re: Can General M Buhari End Corruption In Nigeria? by adconline(m): 3:26pm On May 18, 2010
I couldn't agree with you more! I give you credit for acknowledging that your own post is senseless.

I bet you cannot hide your face in shame for advocating that someone who truncated a democratic institution , should be allowed to become a democratically elected president. It's like licking your feaces. He failled to appear before Oputa panel, under a democratically elected govt, in fact, he sought for acourt injuction against Oputa Panel. He did not appear  for a presidential debate. He went to court to challenge the outcomes of presidential elections, the very institutions he suspended when he took over government.  India is a better democracy today, because it has kept on a democratic path, the same cannot be said of Pakistan that got its independence with India on the same day. Just look at South Korea and North Korea, it's only someone who's of  bereft Nigeria's history would advocate for a Buhari type of leadership.  " A human being  dissatisfied is better than a pig satisfied"
Re: Can General M Buhari End Corruption In Nigeria? by Ofodirinwa: 8:31pm On Dec 21, 2021
lol
Re: Can General M Buhari End Corruption In Nigeria? by slimfit1(m): 8:49pm On Dec 21, 2021
Stop deceiving yourself that guy sai Baba cant find the hole in Aisha's ass not to talk fight corrupt. He is part of the corruption so can't find what is not missing. For how long is he going to pretend as if he doesn't know what to do?

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Meets With Buhari Behind Closed Doors ! / Nigeria Governorship / State Assembly Election Results 2011 / If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.