Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? (2750 Views)

President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post / Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa / Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by auwal87(m): 10:52pm On Jan 20, 2012
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2012/01/20121199386700637.html

It is rather annoying and painful the way things are being run in this country! I know it sounds rather awkward with bombings all over the North, but honestly, like I always say, and will repeat so, Nigeria needs to be divided.

The way, and fastest way to curb Boko Haram is to politically deceive them at some point, by accepting all their demands, yes ALL! Even give them some positions in government (advisers or whatever), spoil them with some money, put them in one airplane, bomb them all. Remember John Garang of Sudan?

Immediately after that, First BIAFRA be let free, them go decide with their SS brothers, nothing concern the rest of the country with them. Secondly Referendum be hold to decide whether South West, and Northern Nigeria remain one or go separate ways.
Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 20, 2012
auwal87:

It is rather annoying and painful the way things are being run in this country! I know it sounds rather awkward with bombings all over the North, but honestly, like I always say, and will repeat so, Nigeria needs to be divided.

The way, and fastest way to curb Boko Haram is to politically deceive them at some point, by accepting all their demands, yes ALL! Even give them some positions in government (advisers or whatever), spoil them with some money, put them in one airplane, bomb them all. Remember John Garang of Sudan?

Immediately after that, First BIAFRA be let free, them go decide with their SS brothers, nothing concern the rest of the country with them. Secondly Referendum be hold to decide whether South West, and Northern Nigeria remain one or go separate ways.

this is the best thing that can ever happen to nigeria

1 Like

Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by auwal87(m): 11:04pm On Jan 20, 2012
re@lchange:

this is the best thing that can ever happen to nigeria

sure. but they are blinded with one Nigeria because of selfishness. see what oyibo say about being "Independent"

Scotland's First Minister, Alex Salmond, "I want Scotland to be independent because independence is the natural state for most nations around the world - not being independent is the exception."
Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jan 20, 2012
auwal87:

sure. but they are blinded with one Nigeria because of selfishness. see what oyibo say about being "Independent"

Scotland's First Minister, Alex Salmond, "I want Scotland to be independent because independence is the natural state for most nations around the world - not being independent is the exception."

most nations with forced unity spend too much money on internal security; money that can be used to create better civil infrastructure and jobs
nigeria is a classical case of forced unity. it should give away to nations sustained by natural unity and peace

1 Like

Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by tunnytox(m): 11:25pm On Jan 20, 2012
Don't mind Alex salmond he's only using this nationalistic approach to get votes, if scotland become independent they will have to take their own share of the total UK debt, by the time they start to service this debt their supposed oil revenue will not be enough. This coupled with their nanny state approach of giving almost everything free will and only will lead to one thing; bankruptcy! scotland will become bankrupt in no time. yeye people

1 Like

Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 20, 2012
tunnytox:

Don't mind Alex salmond he's only using this nationalistic approach to get votes, if scotland become independent they will have to take their own share of the total UK debt, by the time they start to service this debt their supposed oil revenue will not be enough. This coupled with their nanny state approach of giving almost everything free will and only will lead to one thing; bankruptcy! scotland will become bankrupt in no time. yeye people

well, at least they can control their own future, debt or no debt. and they will have freedom to decide how to pay
we don't have too much debt in nigeria, so that makes it easier for us
peaceful split remains the best option for nigeria

1 Like

Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by tunnytox(m): 12:12am On Jan 21, 2012
re@lchange:

well, at least they can control their own future, debt or no debt. and they will have freedom to decide how to pay
we don't have too much debt in nigeria, so that makes it easier for us
peaceful split remains the best option for nigeria

Scotland is not in any bondage so the issue of independence didn't arise, UK is a union of 4 countries and scots will be given a chance to decide their fate in a referendum authorised by westminster. Nigeria's case is a different issue entirely.

1 Like

Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 21, 2012
UK is not Almighty by the way !!!

1 Like

Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 21, 2012
tunnytox:

Scotland is not in any bondage so the issue of independence didn't arise, [b]UK is a union of 4 countries [/b]and scots will be given a chance to decide their fate in a referendum authorised by westminster. Nigeria's case is a different issue entirely.
nigeria is a union of at least three nations
in nigeria, there are three clearly identifiable nations around which the british built the three regions before independence. ultimately, nigeria is a nation of at least three countries

1 Like

Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by coogar: 12:26am On Jan 21, 2012
frosbel:

there's no greater country.

look at how small they are on your map - compare the size to the number of countries speaking their language.

1 Like

Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by Beaf: 12:26am On Jan 21, 2012
Beaf endorses this thread. cool
Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by dempeople(m): 12:38am On Jan 21, 2012
frosbel:

. . . but used to be, back in the days.
Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by nedu210(m): 8:11am On Jan 21, 2012
frosbel:

almighty or no almighty nigeria should divide.
Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by auwal87(m): 8:35am On Jan 21, 2012
sad
Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by Lucifa2015: 8:42am On Jan 21, 2012
auwal87:

no way ohhh, na divide we want, South Naija first and den we go hold SNC for South.

I no trust Norherners ohhhh, na so so wayo and arangee dem dey do!
Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 21, 2012
my ten fingers, my ten toes, my head and everything on it infact everything about me support this idea.
Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by tunnytox(m): 9:06am On Jan 21, 2012
I don't think any of the Nigerian tribes is ready to leave Nigeria not even the Igbos! we only have some coward noise makers/ethnic bigots on the internets barking daily like castrated dogs while their leaders are busy sharing the national cake in Abuja.
Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by ASOROCKb(m): 10:13am On Jan 21, 2012
tunnytox:

I don't think any of the Nigerian tribes is ready to leave Nigeria not even the Igbos! we only have some coward noise makers/ethnic bigots on the internets barking daily like castrated dogs while their leaders are busy sharing the national cake in Abuja.
To you, nigerians should hold on killing themselfs just to keep the forced union. What an evil heart you gat there? Pity you!
Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by tunnytox(m): 10:20am On Jan 21, 2012
ASOROCK b:

To you, nigerians should hold on killing themselfs just to keep the forced union. What an evil heart you gat there? Pity you!

Safe your pity for yourself! Go back to school if you can't understand simple English.
Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by AndreUweh(m): 10:20am On Jan 21, 2012
The U.K has not yet divided. Scotland is not gone yet.
Dividing Nigeria will not solve our collective problem. I prefer a one unified Nigeria with improved understanding.
Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by ASOROCKb(m): 10:39am On Jan 21, 2012
On Tunny, do you think that if Nigeria divides the killing and bombing will still be bombarding. Hell no! If that is your notion. Dividing Nigeria=ceding peace a chance. Think and tell me if that wont end the killings and backwardness of the force union. Waiting,
Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by tunnytox(m): 10:47am On Jan 21, 2012
ASOROCK b:

On Tunny, do you think that if Nigeria divides the killing and bombing will still be bombarding. Hell no! If that is your notion. Dividing Nigeria=ceding peace a chance. Think and tell me if that wont end the killings and backwardness of the force union. Waiting,

I can see that comprehension is not your strong point so i will make my point a bit clearer; i have no problems with Nigeria breaking even into hundred of pieces. My point is there is no Nigerian tribe that is truly ready to break away from Nigeria, though we know that Igbos have always wanted biafra but even now only few bigoted igbos are shouting for biafra many of igbo leaders who should be fighting to break away are busy sharing money in abuja.
If these leaders truly want biafra like many igbo on NL want it they would have consistently push forward for this simples!
Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by jude2011: 11:21am On Jan 21, 2012
If the igbo leaders support biafra openly it will be treason. Some people always speak of peace and understanding. We have been forced together for more than 50yrs now if I don't understand someone 4 that long then eternity is not enough. Remember the first independent motion was turn down because the north does not trust the south. Years after independence there is no trust now when are we going to trust each other. 70% of southerners would vote for division even the north want an islamic country which is not possible under a united nigeria but oil won't let the north speak about division.
Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by ASOROCKb(m): 11:31am On Jan 21, 2012
tunnytox:

I can see that comprehension is not your strong point so i will make my point a bit clearer; i have no problems with Nigeria breaking even into hundred of pieces. My point is there is no Nigerian tribe that is truly ready to break away from Nigeria, though we know that Igbos have always wanted biafra but even now only few bigoted igbos are shouting for biafra many of igbo leaders who should be fighting to break away are busy sharing money in abuja.
If these leaders truly want biafra like many igbo on NL want it they would have consistently push forward for this simples!
What the hell that is ceding you the notion of majority not wishing the evil nation to split. Reality, Arewa, Oduduwa and Biafra are all saturated with the union if you dont know that. So, you bombarding that is only Biafra people that need the evil country to split is a capital fib. Divide to stop the killings even if the evil leaders need that or not. Divide to stop the killings once more,
Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by tunnytox(m): 11:35am On Jan 21, 2012
jude2011:

If the igbo leaders support biafra openly it will be treason. Some people always speak of peace and understanding. We have been forced  together for more than 50yrs now if I don't understand someone 4 that long  then eternity is not enough. Remember the first independent motion was turn down because the north does not trust the south. Years after independence there is no trust now when are we going to trust each other. 70% of southerners would vote for division even the north want an islamic country which is not possible under a united nigeria but oil won't let the north speak about division.

Lies! clamouring for independence especially in a democracy is not treason and can never be termed as treason. Let Igbo leaders come together and organised a peaceful march and request for a referendum, also during the next election let no igbo son or daughter contest for any election either to the legislative and executive position and let's see whether they'll not be taken serious even by the United nations.

1 Like

Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by tunnytox(m): 11:38am On Jan 21, 2012
ASOROCK b:

What the hell that is ceding you the notion of majority not wishing the evil nation to split. Reality, Arewa, Oduduwa and Biafra are all saturated with the union if you dont know that. So, you bombarding that is only Biafra people that need the evil country to split is a capital fib. Divide to stop the killings even if the evil leaders need that or not. Divide to stop the killings once more, 

Lol  grin grin I can see you're one angry dude just to remind you that if Nigeria split people like you will require visa to visit Yorubaland and we'll not ever give you a working permit so be careful what you wish for might come to past grin grin
Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by ASOROCKb(m): 11:56am On Jan 21, 2012
What the big deal projecting to yoruba, arewa or biafra land with visa? There you are, will you tell me that you are there with no visa, huh? Worry about that not for dividing the country is for good/progress.

Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by auwal87(m): 11:59am On Jan 21, 2012
ASOROCK b:

At least one puzzle has been solved when divided, all countries can face their collective problems without blaming and fighting the other.

Andre Uweh:

The U.K has not yet divided. Scotland is not gone yet.
Dividing Nigeria will not solve our collective problem. I prefer a one unified Nigeria with improved understanding.

If understanding is not reached in the last 50 years, what made you to think there will be understanding in the future? Hope? Well, we can keep hoping for the next 1000 years to come if we stay like this.
Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by tunnytox(m): 12:03pm On Jan 21, 2012
@ASOROCKb

Could you please write in proper English? thank you
Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by ASOROCKb(m): 12:35pm On Jan 21, 2012
tunnytox:

@ASOROCKb

Could you please write in proper English? thank you
Pls, endeavour be meaningful. Lol!
Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by tunnytox(m): 10:29pm On Jan 21, 2012
LOL grin grin grin I see
Re: If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? by ASOROCKb(m): 11:12pm On Jan 21, 2012
tunnytox:

LOL grin grin grin I see
Up Biafra! You comprehend now, huh?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Know.. The Word Nigeria Was Coined In Kogi State? / Nigerian Military, Yesterday And Today - By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde / BREAKING: APC Presidential Campaign Timetable Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.