Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,575 members, 7,820,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" (36955 Views)

Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) / OAU Sex For Marks: What Monica Osagie Told Panel – Counsel / Monica Osetobe Osagie Is The Student In Sex For Marks Scandal – OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by castrol180(m): 5:32pm On Apr 20, 2018
This is not a good development...do something on osagie Monica too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by BackToLife: 5:35pm On Apr 20, 2018
shocked Congratulations to her! What a great opportunity, intelligent people here can see that. All she needs to do now is to write and apply to several Universities in Canada, USA, or Europe and refer them to links of what she's passing through. She would easily be transferred and accepted into Western Universities now, even with full scholarship. She better hurry before OAU claims that they would help better her life.Tell her to contact me if she's confused on how to go about it. Transparency International and other Canadian/American Women right Groups would gladly help her too.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by talk2percy(m): 5:38pm On Apr 20, 2018
All I know is Buhari is taking his sorry lazy old ass back to Daura! #sendlazybuhariback2daura
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 20, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

What are you saying sef ?

Is social media the vehicle for communicating official OAU business ?
In this sort of case she must be given a formal written invitation, assured of full safety as well as right to legal representation and just hearing.
This is not a social media thing. Dont be surprised if the lack of an invitation was a deliberate hurdle placed there to kill the case.
if you follow the story well you'll know that the school didn't know the exact lady in question. the things you say they should have sent can only be sent if the person has been identified. they put out a public notice saying the person should come forward. that's why they reported that no one did. and that's why she said rightly that she didn't receive any invitation. I just feel that in this case she ought to hav first sought a legal advicer who will explain her rights to privacy and fair hearing and other legalities instead of coming out publicly to say she wasn't sent a notice.

1 Like

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by DavidHume(m): 5:47pm On Apr 20, 2018
igctrader:
That girl CANNOT graduate from that school.
she is a graduate of the same institution. As a matter of fact , she was my classmate in philosophy 20008-2012 (OAU) we graduated together. and she is someone who is very brilliant.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by DavidHume(m): 5:48pm On Apr 20, 2018
Adebowhales:
Na cultists go treat this girl fucck up

no pronounce cult activities in oau is 1999. Oau is crazy against cultism
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by ollyruffy: 6:05pm On Apr 20, 2018
His accomplices are trying to protect their partner in the business. Useless lecturers.

1 Like

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by doctokwus: 6:31pm On Apr 20, 2018
OneSentence:
u were not invited? u saw it all over social media. u knew it concerned u and your future but u were waiting for Iv abi? u r very wise. as for the school, I believe they put out a notice for the person to come forward cos I remember reading a post that sid nobody has come forward as regards the issue. anyway with or without u the man will pay for his sins.
So she wud just jump into the panel meeting with thugs and force herself to be heard like OmoAgege did?
Even if the VC told her on the phone to come,there must be an official invitation from the panel before any reasonable person can be heard or wud wish to be heard.
Leave your agbero mentality and reason like a civilized man please.

4 Likes

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:41pm On Apr 20, 2018
OneSentence:

if you follow the story well you'll know that the school didn't know the exact lady in question. the things you say they should have sent can only be sent if the person has been identified. they put out a public notice saying the person should come forward. that's why they reported that no one did. and that's why she said rightly that she didn't receive any invitation. I just feel that in this case she ought to hav first sought a legal advicer who will explain her rights to privacy and fair hearing and other legalities instead of coming out publicly to say she wasn't sent a notice.

I agree with most of what you have said. But

1. The school could have made a determined effort to track her down. For instance, the tape reveals that she was one of three that failed the course. They could start there. If this had been a case of theft or assault against a staff member the school security would have traced the culprit with great speed.

2. From the tone of her statement, I suspect she had a lawyer behind her.

Let's watch as things unfold. #Lazy Nigerian youth fighting back
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:43pm On Apr 20, 2018
BackToLife:
shocked Congratulations to her! What a great opportunity, intelligent people here can see that. All she needs to do now is to write and apply to several Universities in Canada, USA, or Europe and refer them to links of what she's passing through. She would easily be transferred and accepted into Western Universities now, even with full scholarship. She better hurry before OAU claims that they would help better her life.Tell her to contact me if she's confused on how to go about it. Transparency International and other Canadian/American Women right Groups would gladly help her too.

Damn right! Sharp guy !

1 Like

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by bigtt76(f): 6:43pm On Apr 20, 2018
Ok ....so now that you've heard or know ....please pay them a visit and testify yaaaa grin grin

40ng:
@APROKOGIRL

BY APROKO GIRL : https://aprokogirl.com/2353/oau-sex-for-marks-i-was-never-invited-by-the-committee-monica-osagie/

cc; lalasticlala

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 20, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

I agree with most of what you have said. But

1. The school could have made a determined effort to track her down. For instance, the tape reveals that she was one of three that failed the course. They could start there. If this had been a case of theft or assault against a staff member the school security would have traced the culprit with great speed.

2. From the tone of her statement, I suspect she had a lawyer behind her.

Let's watch as things unfold. #Lazy Nigerian youth fighting back
yes you are right. this is naija sha...a lot goes on behind the scenes that we don't see. tracking her would have been very easy but behind closed doors she would have hinted them or they would somehow have gotten to know that she isn't interested in showing up and then they put up that notice. I don't follow what's said on paper cos na naija we dey...
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 20, 2018
doctokwus:

So she wud just jump into the panel meeting with thugs and force herself to be heard like OmoAgege did?
Even if the VC told her on the phone to come,there must be an official invitation from the panel before any reasonable person can be heard or wud wish to be heard.
Leave your agbero mentality and reason like a civilized man please.
what was she expecting when she released the evidence? she was rhe one who recorded it and if she didn't want this drama she won't have let it out whether directly or indirectly. now that she's created the heat she's claiming she wasn't given an Iv...u release such with your voice in it and your think it will just go like that? it's not agbero mentality. it's reality. she should be prepared for the storm she's created...

by the way I'm far from being what u mentioned up there ok...
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by shadrach77: 7:26pm On Apr 20, 2018
This is the lady

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by Adedove(m): 7:32pm On Apr 20, 2018
shadrach77:
This is the lady
Stop this! I value this picture
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by udemzyudex(m): 7:36pm On Apr 20, 2018
OneSentence:
u were not invited? u saw it all over social media. u knew it concerned u and your future but u were waiting for Iv abi? u r very wise. as for the school, I believe they put out a notice for the person to come forward cos I remember reading a post that sid nobody has come forward as regards the issue. anyway with or without u the man will pay for his sins.

You too mumu, sorry to say.
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by oloriooko(m): 7:44pm On Apr 20, 2018
I am shocked at the bolded shocked
Did you just write this A lady student failed a course and she asked the lecturer what could be done about her bad scores and in your wisdom you said she was not wrong? You must be kidding me!
The worst moves she made were asking the lecturer what could be done about her bad grade and releasing the recording on SM
On the other hand, did anyone notice her grammatical blunder grin no wonder she failed and asked for help smh
HeavenlyBang:

If I go and ask a lecturer what can be done about my bad grades...I have committed a crime?

By what legal statute exactly?

She committed no crime. It's left for the lecturer to refuse her and send her on her way. The burden of action lies 100% on the lecturer.
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by seguno2: 8:03pm On Apr 20, 2018
inoki247:
go join ApC. Dey will epp u out of ur corruption case...

Like Obanikoro, Kalu, Sylva, late Audu and even Abacha who is a saint in Buhari’s eyes despite billions of dollars in recovered loot. grin
Buhari is the uneducated, lazy old soldier chopping free oil money since before he joined the army after abandoning school who prefers to be intellectually redundant.
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by Pain(m): 8:14pm On Apr 20, 2018
NIGERIAN VERSION OF MONICA LEWINSKY.. tongue
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by grandstar(m): 8:51pm On Apr 20, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:
I sincerely doubt she would reap the rewards she anticipated.

Sexual harassment is very bad but so is begging for marks you don't merit.

If you are deliberately failed...take it to the Senate and request for your scripts.

The randy lecturer and the manipulative 0losho are both guilty angry

Is begging for marks wrong? Don't all students including males beg for marks?

If a male student should plead with his lecturer to give him an E rather than an F, is that not begging for marks?

It is only human to beg just like it is to err. To always think its best to abuse the situation is worrisome

1 Like

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by ijeemma: 9:19pm On Apr 20, 2018
Adebowhales:
Na cultists go treat this girl fucck up

Idiot, na ur father Bleep up them go treat.
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by BlackPantherxXx: 9:42pm On Apr 20, 2018
grandstar:

If a male student should plead with his lecturer to give him an E rather than an F, is that not begging for marks?

It is only human to beg just like it is to err. To always think its best to abuse the situation is worrisome

Don't be myopic. I HAVE NEVER BEGGED for marks and i never will.

Can you fail in ANY school abroad and go and beg your lecturer for marks?

The answer to this question would make you see how ridiculous your post is.

Stop thinking this way, it's one of the reasons why Nigeria is so backward. Do you even understand what meritocracy means?

1 Like

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by Whinky23(m): 9:55pm On Apr 20, 2018
igctrader:
That girl CANNOT graduate from that school.

That's my thinking too...
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by otokx(m): 10:00pm On Apr 20, 2018
BackToLife:

Are you sure her brain can carry?
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by otokx(m): 10:01pm On Apr 20, 2018
grandstar:

Its unfortunate
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by steveDpro: 10:12pm On Apr 20, 2018
Ok
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by redangel2017: 12:39am On Apr 21, 2018
I admire the girls courage.. Many wouldnt come out bold.. U knw what i mean angry
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by redangel2017: 12:41am On Apr 21, 2018
OneSentence:
its not easy to come out against such reputable lecturer.. U knw what i mean.. Its a move many will not dare to take.. I admire the girls courage tho angry
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by grandstar(m): 1:02am On Apr 21, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:

Stop thinking this way, it's one of the reasons why Nigeria is so backward. Do you even understand what meritocracy means?

Well, I will be sincere, I am not sure of the best practices regarding marks but still feel its wrong when the lecturer abuses the situation.

To armtwist and impose sex on the student is wrong. Using it as a form of intimidation is wrong.

If they reach it mutually okay.

You need to remember that some lecturers deliberately fail students including females to exploit them either financially or sexually and that is the act that actually irks me.

1 Like

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by 0monnak0da: 1:21am On Apr 21, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:

First of all you have to DEFINE this phrase you keep parroting "begging for marks". I am sure it makes a lot of sense TO YOU

Without knowing all the facts and context then it would appear that you are beng deliberately obtuse,

Was she "begging for marks" that were undeserved or unmerited?

The honest truth is we don't know.

When people beg or pay the police it is not because they have necessarily broken the law

The power dynamics in Nigerian universities as well as our cultural context means that people are failed or marked down by vindictive lecturers ,in fact some cases have been reported where they have recruited their friends/colleagues to fail students in other courses.
Students then have no choice but to succumb ,grovel and beg.

So "begging" does not imply a request for undeserved credits . In fact it could mean a request to forego sexual demands and or requests for FAIRNESS.

We simple do not know and to talk of beggng for marks is indeed to take an uninformed judgmental position.

Students are well within their rights to ask their teachers to RECONSIDER a grade there is nothing intrinsically unethical about this.
They may believe there is a glaring error or quite simply differ with the teacher's evaluation and invite them to reassess/remark their work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

National Open University Headquarters In Abuja In Pictures / JAMB Cut-Off Marks For Universities, COES And Polytechnics / Ayomide Adeoye Enrolled Into Avi-cenna International School, G.R.A, Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.