Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,978 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria (44854 Views)

Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output / Top 20 Universities With Most Employed Graduates In Nigeria (list) / Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by ojotask: 1:45pm On Apr 21, 2018
Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Rivers State. Just 9 months.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by treasuredm(f): 1:54pm On Apr 21, 2018
imamtobi:
my sister, I spent exactly two years in ui. And many of my friends in comp science, chemistry,physics,geography, stats,English,cla finished 7 months before me. That is, the spent exactly 19 montue..1yr '5months... Although, some departments are traditionally slow in running their course, whilebsome choose to be fast. Since postgraduate studies in ui are run independently by departments. That's school calender no dey work for Pg. So all u need to do is find out before applying about the particular department you're applying to on how they run it before ubget stuck. That's the simple trick. But I can guarantee u there are departments people use 2 semesters and roundup vwithout kickbacks...its about knowing the tradition of your department. DM for further infor
I was actually referring to Uniben. UI is by far better than uniben in terms of pg studies.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 21, 2018
ojotask:
Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Rivers State. Just 9 months.
Are you kidneying me?

1 Like

Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Aditueledumare(m): 1:54pm On Apr 21, 2018
HigherEd:
We are waiting for you at Covenant. smiley and it is cheaper than undergraduate studies.

kindly give us rough estimate of msc accounting and duration.
when will you start selling 2018/2019 form?
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Luv101: 1:59pm On Apr 21, 2018
Pls between UI and Unilag which of them is the fastest.
Course in mind MSC Chemistry.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 2:09pm On Apr 21, 2018
breathcutter:
Delta State University, Abraka.

My alma mater.

Delsu is another case study. Although I heard that the current VC, Prof Peretomode, is trying to bring some sanity to the system, I really don't know how far he has gone. However, the DELSU I used to know had terrible bureaucratic ropes students are made to jump. There are many protocols students go through before they graduate. Some are: Departmental defence, faculty defence, PG school closed defence, external examiner's assessment, plagiarism test, departmental board approval of synopsis, faculty board approval of synopsis, PG board approval of synopsis, Senate approval of research, etc etc. The process is tiring and tasking. Each step of the process may be repeated up to 3 times for some students.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 2:12pm On Apr 21, 2018
rezy15:

Big lie! Finished my msc from animal science, 2 yrs and change. my friend in 18 months. depends on dept and student. PG school doesn't delay if the dept submits.

Has my argument here not been that the PG school doesn't regulate the programmes and thus, we find departmental variances in speed? That you or those in your department were fast doesn't mean such applies to others. Before you call out someone, be sure of the facts.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 2:14pm On Apr 21, 2018
Luv101:
Pls between UI and Unilag which of them is the fastest.
Course in mind MSC Chemistry.

Unilag is very good. If you need a course based Msc that you'll finish on time, goto UNILAG. If you need a research based Msc that will take some extra time, goto UI. However, both schools are good.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by HigherEd: 3:33pm On Apr 21, 2018
Aditueledumare:

kindly give us rough estimate of msc accounting and duration.
when will you start selling 2018/2019 form?
Maximum school fees should be around N550,000.00 If you decide to stay at the PG hall then you would pay N150,000.00 for the accommodation or in the alternative you could stay at Ota environs.

They should start selling in the next two weeks or so. Just be checking their websites intermittently.

1 Like

Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by potent5(m): 3:40pm On Apr 21, 2018
emmanuelike:
unn is fast
Which UNN? Abeg o. Unless you are being ironical.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by zynellsmum(f): 4:06pm On Apr 21, 2018
[quote author=missyojo post=66902042][/quote]wow that means I heard otherwise thank you dear God bless
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by AdorableJosh(m): 4:14pm On Apr 21, 2018
Nobody is talking about Uniabuja.

1 Like

Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by PALYNOLOGY(m): 4:38pm On Apr 21, 2018
Please ,has OAU released their admission list;I applied for a PhD programme in Environmental Control and Management, all I saw was recommended from both Department and Faculty, nothing yet from the PG school, any news ?
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Archbishop88: 4:40pm On Apr 21, 2018
Base on individual opinion, school and departmental factors....I would recommend UI. We started academic work middle of march 2017, and currently we will resume 3rd semester dz Thursday ,d third semester is for seminar and the seminar end by middle of july. By God's grace August we are done...part of what use to cause delay is when department refuse to send result to pg school before August ending....Meanwhile entrepreneurship is my field if study.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 4:45pm On Apr 21, 2018
AdorableJosh:
Nobody is talking about Uniabuja.

It's also slow.

1 Like

Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Sirpc(m): 4:45pm On Apr 21, 2018
Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Former Anambra State University) is a bae when comparing the fastest PG Program Schools in Nigeria
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Archbishop88: 5:10pm On Apr 21, 2018
With the opinion of majority...it's a contest between UYO not being good enough, majority opined positively about Unilag, and UI also follow Unilag.....the poster can reach conclusion base on d summary of d whole comments I have here(above)...Meanwhile nobody is talking about Eksu formally Unad, my alma- mata.......PG programme in Eksu can be compare to u trekking from Ibadan to Niger state.

5 Likes

Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by paulavon: 5:56pm On Apr 21, 2018
Anyone interested in MSC in Industrial engineering should try UNIBEN. The program is just 9 months. it is run as one semester with 9 courses and project.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by micxwell(m): 5:58pm On Apr 21, 2018
Crixina:
One thing you have to understand Op is that what works for one may not work for another.

Take OAU for instance, that place is probably the worst...like if worst had a worst, but I have also seen people who have completed their programme in four semesters...18months tops
There are a lot of factors to that
1. A good supervisor that's ready to work with you

2. If you can handle the administrative bureaucracy which will mean you getting your act together and on time, because sometimes even if you finish your shiit on time...some administrative wahala will find a way of keeping you, which brings me to number 3

3. The YOU factor, let's face it, some students are damn lazy(in Bubu's voice) some just travel for an entire semester, then reappear one day and just expect everything to go smoothly.

So as much as the university counts, but other factors also come into play, which doesn't make one better than the other.

Well said. For instance, I resumed class late April 2016 at UI (Civil Engineering). Things went on smoothly for about two months then there was strike for about two months. We wrote our first semsester exams in september despite the fact that many of us especially those in other options resfused to agree to it. They all said they weren't prepared. Thank God for the set of stubborn class reps we had. They told the HOD to fix the exam and he did. The same thing repeated itself during the second semester and it was even more serious. Eventually the reps made sure we wrote our second semsester exams before Xmas (still in 2016). We had our final defense in August 2017, making it just about 16 months minus the 2 months strike. We all went home happy thinking we will convocate come November 2017. Later, the PG coordinator said there are 2 guys amongst us that are yet to finish their coursework and therefore they are afraid the PG School will sanction the department if they got to know that they allowed their students to defend a final project knowing full well that they aren't done with coursework. The department refused to send our results. Hence, my set was delayed by 2 students. We are 84 in all. Hopefully we'll convocate this year.
SO, THERE ARE MANY FACTORS INVOLVED. LUCK BEATS ALL.

1 Like

Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by AlphaT1(m): 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2018
Daree88:
Good afternoon nairalanders. Please, I need information on the universities with the fastest M. Sc programmes in Nigeria. I major in the Microbiology field. I would appreciate useful info, please. Can this be pushed to front page, please?
U can finish your MSc in UniLag in 9 months depending on your pace.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 7:16pm On Apr 21, 2018
Archbishop88:
Base on individual opinion, school and departmental factors....I would recommend UI. We started academic work middle of march 2017, and currently we will resume 3rd semester dz Thursday ,d third semester is for seminar and the seminar end by middle of july. By God's grace August we are done...part of what use to cause delay is when department refuse to send result to pg school before August ending....Meanwhile entrepreneurship is my field if study.
project ko
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by thambolo(m): 7:31pm On Apr 21, 2018
Daree88:
Good afternoon nairalanders. Please, I need information on the universities with the fastest M. Sc programmes in Nigeria. I major in the Microbiology field. I would appreciate useful info, please. Can this be pushed to front page, please?
1. University of Maiduguri
2. University of Illorin
3. University of Lagos
Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by sweetilicious(f): 7:32pm On Apr 21, 2018
yeyerolling:
Y wud anyone want to do an msc in zoogeria?
Because we cut our clothes according to our clothes.

2 Likes

Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 21, 2018
Daree88 xbya8ggSToXk
Daree88:
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by ritzyrita: 8:11pm On Apr 21, 2018
[quote author=jibbish post=66896816]Uniben na rubbish... That's all I can say for now[/quote
Big rubbish..still awaiting release of results. 2015/2016 session� ]
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by jibbish(m): 9:01pm On Apr 21, 2018
[quote author=ritzyrita post=66912419][/quote]
Which department is that?
I hope you know some of your mates in science's haven't written 2nd semester exams that was as at February 2018
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by SUNNINO(m): 10:36pm On Apr 21, 2018
University of Ibadan still the best in post graduate programs, I have done two there. I know about most schools.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by RAFTmedia: 11:11pm On Apr 21, 2018
if you want substance try UI, but if you want something fast move on to Unilag or Uniilorin, no other space beats them at that.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by kalu61(m): 12:14am On Apr 22, 2018
fratermathy:
@op:

AVOID UNIUYO AND UNICAL AT ALL COSTS!

Those schools will keep you there as if you are a secondary school student. Only a few students break the tradition and graduate in 2 or 3 years. Others finish as from 4 years and above for Masters.

When you are even done, the PG school will keep you for 6 months+ in the name of vetting (Uniuyo). It's a terrible situation. There's even an article by a current student on it. Just google "the woes of Uniuyo PG students".

UNICAL is no better with their slow academic calendar and bureaucratic witchcraft.
are you sure, I was in a friends place who advised me to pick uniUYo form but I went for MOUAU. There are writ their first semester exam now and mine is yet to release 2nd batch of admission. I was in regretful mode.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by kalu61(m): 12:27am On Apr 22, 2018
Sllime:
Msc Microbiology will cost you at least a million and above both in fees and research work. Why do you want to do masters?
1. Do you want to learn more and add to your academic qualification
2. Do you want to increase your chances of getting employed

If 1 is the reason, just don't waste your time because you will realise you learnt little or nothing. You will end up sending samples abroad for analysis during your research work and will never know how these analysis was done. Trust me you will pay a lot and only get results sent back to you in weeks. Except you want to travel out to do your masters.

If 2 don't waste your time either. It's better you invest that money in a skill you are passionate about. If you don't have any skills use a year to learn one skill or business. Source materials online esp youtube and bring in your creativity in it. No 2 was my reason for doing masters after not seeing a gainful employment. I was getting offers around 10 to 30k. With the M.sc nothing changed. I was even asked to remove the M.sc in my cv at some point because it limits my chances of even getting employed.

Back to your question, I did mine in UI and the school is very strict with time. 18months and you will be sent out of the lab. Ilorin too is strict cos I had colleagues that did theirs in the school.
it seem to studied MCB
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 8:25am On Apr 22, 2018
kalu61:
are you sure, I was in a friends place who advised me to pick uniUYo form but I went for MOUAU. There are writ their first semester exam now and mine is yet to release 2nd batch of admission. I was in regretful mode.

You were lucky you didn't. Your friend was economical with the truth.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by kalu61(m): 8:45am On Apr 22, 2018
fratermathy:

You were lucky you didn't. Your friend was economical with the truth.
Thanks, l have worrying myself for making a stupid mistake. lt seems you are running your program there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Maxwell Eseosa-Aimuan, UNIBEN Lecturer Shot Dead By Gunmen (Photos) / What An American Twitted About Nigeria, Is It True? / Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.