Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria (44833 Views)

Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output / Top 20 Universities With Most Employed Graduates In Nigeria (list) / Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 12:06pm On Apr 22, 2018
kalu61:
Thanks, l have worrying myself for making a stupid mistake. lt seems you are running your program there.

I did my Masters there. I'm done now but I'm the only one who has finished Masters in my department for over 2 years now. Things are difficult here, I tell you.

Even if your department is fast, the PG school will slow you down with many bureaucratic processes.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by kalu61(m): 12:15pm On Apr 22, 2018
fratermathy:

I did my Masters there. I'm done now but I'm the only one who has finished Masters in my department for over 2 years now. Things are difficult here, I tell you.

Even if your department is fast, the PG school will slow you down with many bureaucratic processes.
thanks sir, am relieved. l thought l have made a huge mistake in pursuit of my careers.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Archbishop88: 5:43pm On Apr 22, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
project ko
The department advised us to get in touch with our various supervisors as early as first semester, to avoid last minute rush.u get to know the name of ur supervisor immediately which will be indicated in admission letter. Still with dz , some LAZY(bubu's voice) students wouldn't make it up with their project....u are expected to start fully ur project ASAP in second semester, because research methodology will be taught in first semester.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by beulaho: 7:10pm On Apr 22, 2018
studylocal helps you choose the right choice of institution and courses. visit www.studylocal.ng and get your answer
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by mavicare(m): 10:13am On Apr 23, 2018
UNIVERSITY OF THE PEOPLE SCHOLARSHIP

Deadline: 10th of May 2018.

Mode of Study: online study for international students.
Next Semester starts on 21st of June 2018.

Fields of study:
The university offers associate and bachelor degree programs in the field of business administration, health science, computer science and MBA program.
Read more about the scholarship here:
University of The People Scholarship

Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 24, 2018
NOUN does not offer Microbiology
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by spartanian(m): 10:09am On Apr 24, 2018
Nasarawa State University

1 Like

Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by starz100: 12:56pm On Apr 24, 2018
spartanian:
I am trying to get information about the school, whether their program is a bit flexible for a working class student, living far away
Please are you a student there? I want to connect with a Phd student there.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by beeyourduhn(m): 2:41pm On Apr 24, 2018
Have you ever dreamt of securing a 3 month all expenses paid internship or perhaps a full time job with the world’s leading investment banks in London, Lagos or any other city of the world? Are you pondering on the right steps to take to become irresistible to these investment banks?
Well, Yes you can!!!

The training is so good, most of the graduates from The Refinery go on to secure positions with leading firms like Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, The Boston Consulting Group (BCG), ARM, Afrinvest, among others. For example, 90% of candidates who have interned or got full time jobs with Bank of America Merrill Lynch from Nigeria graduated from The Refinery.

To apply Visit http://tlt.mn/theref
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 25, 2018
rexspect:
Daree88 AFJz2XgijnwF

Pls, I don't get that quote
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 25, 2018
GrammarNazi1:
Nairalanders.

Thank you our Grammarian. Apologies, please.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 25, 2018
Thank you.

imamtobi:
my sister, I spent exactly two years in ui. And many of my friends in comp science, chemistry,physics,geography, stats,English,cla finished 7 months before me. That is, the spent exactly 19 montue..1yr '5months... Although, some departments are traditionally slow in running their course, whilebsome choose to be fast. Since postgraduate studies in ui are run independently by departments. That's school calender no dey work for Pg. So all u need to do is find out before applying about the particular department you're applying to on how they run it before ubget stuck. That's the simple trick. But I can guarantee u there are departments people use 2 semesters and roundup vwithout kickbacks...its about knowing the tradition of your department. DM for further infor
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by kachiz(m): 11:45am On May 03, 2018
micxwell:

Well said. For instance, I resumed class late April 2016 at UI (Civil Engineering). Things went on smoothly for about two months then there was strike for about two months. We wrote our first semsester exams in september despite the fact that many of us especially those in other options resfused to agree to it. They all said they weren't prepared. Thank God for the set of stubborn class reps we had. They told the HOD to fix the exam and he did. The same thing repeated itself during the second semester and it was even more serious. Eventually the reps made sure we wrote our second semsester exams before Xmas (still in 2016). We had our final defense in August 2017, making it just about 16 months minus the 2 months strike. We all went home happy thinking we will convocate come November 2017. Later, the PG coordinator said there are 2 guys amongst us that are yet to finish their coursework and therefore they are afraid the PG School will sanction the department if they got to know that they allowed their students to defend a final project knowing full well that they aren't done with coursework. The department refused to send our results. Hence, my set was delayed by 2 students. We are 84 in all. Hopefully we'll convocate this year.
SO, THERE ARE MANY FACTORS INVOLVED. LUCK BEATS ALL.

Hello bro,

I sent you a PM
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:39am On May 08, 2018
Luv101:
Pls between UI and Unilag which of them is the fastest.
Course in mind MSC Chemistry.
my dear, I dunno about unilag, but in ui, chemistry[color=#000099][/color] department uses 2 to 3 semestets to complete the programme
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:24am On Jun 15, 2018
yeyerolling:
Y wud anyone want to do an msc in zoogeria?
cos some of us don't have the long legs to escape the zoo
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by ontolegit(m): 5:34am On Jun 15, 2018
Just when I wan apply
cadesky:
I don't abt oda uni, Ahmad Bello University will delay ur destiny for as long as possible...
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Talk2ndsure(m): 5:28pm On Oct 21, 2018
Pls Unizik Public health and Unn Public health which is faster
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 21, 2018
Margy:
Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka...
Thank me later
Yea but moni for hand
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 21, 2018
Godsknight:
not all depts in uniben. Minimum duration for Msc in business administration(uniben) is four years. Some spent six to seven yrs to do Msc in that dept .
Why?
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 21, 2018
[quote author=Mires post=66899054]

Bro, I am not arguing with you. There are reasons to this. For instance, you can't expect Uniuyo to be as fast as some universities such as Ui, Unilag, Unilorin, OAU and the likes. The question should be why? You have pointed out inadequacy of teaching staff at Uniuyo. Of a truth, if Uniuyo decides to employ today, what you will see on advert will be high level manpower such as professor, reader, and senior lecturer. But in her closet, nepotism in employment of BSc holders even when she has qualified PhD holders will be the order of the day.

What's the consequence? Before an academic can supervise MSc Thesis, he/she must have attained L1 position. So why won't MSc be delayed in such schools where academics of L1 above will be made to supervise so many students? In Ui for instance, you will never see BSc given appointment as academic even if the person came out top in the world. And hardly will you see MSc as academic in the system except few departments like Theatre Arts. In fact, 97% of departments in Ui employ PhD holders into academic positions. Hence, few supervision for each academic from L1 to Prof.

And when it comes to external defence, the Prof that is coming from another school has little or no work to do given that he's convinced that the manpower at Ui are tested and worthy.

Let me shock you a little. The dreaded Prof Akpan Ekpo, a one time VC of Uniuyo was at Ui for PhD external defence. Considering the PhD supervisor of the student and the host institution, it was rather a ceremony for merriment
Why?
I learnt some department in UI don't invite external examiners is it true?
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 21, 2018
anzaku47:
I learnt that pg is fast over there or it boils down to department
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 21, 2018
adeoba2008:
Nothing beats Babcock University Post Graduate Programmes.
Is it faster than covenant?
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 21, 2018
breathcutter:
Delta State University, Abraka.
Is it faster than AAU, NDU or Uniben?
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 21, 2018
fratermathy:

UNN is the lesser evil of the two but if I am to advise you outrightly, I'd say you should go to UNILAG!
I learnt it is faster over there is it true?
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 21, 2018
Mires:

Sincerely OAU MSc is ideal on one ground. If the person wants to pursue PhD and he's sure of acquired PhD grade, then OAU is the place to be.

Why?

Her MSc is a research MSc just like that of UNN?

What's the implication of that?

One might spend time (years) on the programme to understand the rudiment of research.

But the beauty of it is the cost of PhD is paid. While on PhD, three years is guarantee because the person knows what is expected of him.
Really! But the student will be drilled right?
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 6:51am On Oct 22, 2018
asuustrike1:

I learnt it is faster over there is it true?

Over where? UNN or UNILAG?

UNILAG runs a course-based Masters which is generally faster than thesis or research based Masters, which many Nigerian varsities run.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Talk2ndsure(m): 8:29am On Oct 22, 2018
asuustrike1:

Yea but moni for hand
If this is true ,why do people always blame unizik Mph for delaying students keeping them for 6-8 yrs...or 're they unserious student or something?...
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 22, 2018
Talk2ndsure:

If this is true ,why do people always blame unizik Mph for delaying students keeping them for 6-8 yrs...or 're they unserious student or something?...
Na moni oh. If you have enough cash you would be able to penetrate. Don't tell all M.PH are delayed for 6 years.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by adeoba2008(m): 3:42pm On Oct 23, 2018
asuustrike1:

Is it faster than covenant?

I dont know
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 24, 2019
Daree88:
I learnt UI and UNIBEN have fast postgraduate programmes also. ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

45 A.B.U Students Graduated From Chinese University In Railway Engineering / Maxwell Eseosa-Aimuan, UNIBEN Lecturer Shot Dead By Gunmen (Photos) / Blackout: OAU Students Reading Outside (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.