Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,712 members, 7,955,686 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:43 PM

TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread (25500 Views)

Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread / Infinix Hot 6 Pro X608 Official Discussion Thread / TECNO Camon X/X Pro Official Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by PureMe01: 9:44pm On Apr 27, 2018
henry007:

Oukitel is more expensive for a phone without warranty tbh.
oga oukitel c8 is $72..so even if u apply d rate of #400/$ in calculating,come to worse u get it for #28000 compared to d crap of #27000...who warranty help..ask people wey get tecno warranty wetin dem experience even with 30 years warranty tho me know say u be marketer but u know d truth of my grievances over tecno's mad prices for their devices...this f3 or wateva shouldn't ordinarily exceed #20000 tbvh...u know d truth
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by henry007(m): 10:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
PureMe01:
oga oukitel c8 is $72..so even if u apply d rate of #400/$ in calculating,come to worse u get it for #28000 compared to d crap of #27000...who warranty help..ask people wey get tecno warranty wetin dem experience even with 30 years warranty tho me know say u be marketer but u know d truth of my grievances over tecno's mad prices for their devices...this f3 or wateva shouldn't ordinarily exceed #20000 tbvh...u know d truth

Are using the C8 or just speculating that it's not crap?
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by omoalajah(m): 4:03pm On Apr 28, 2018
Very much affordable
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by datyorubaboy: 4:17pm On Apr 28, 2018
This phone makes sense
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by missslimzy(f): 4:53pm On Apr 28, 2018
sure, could just buy for a younger one
sureinfo:
these are great devices, especially for that price, they come in handy
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by scarycuteface(m): 10:12pm On Apr 30, 2018
datyorubaboy:
This phone makes sense
Yep. For it's price and specs. It's okay.
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by BeardedTraveler: 5:10am On May 01, 2018
henry007:

Are using the C8 or just speculating that it's not crap?

I use c8 as a spare phone and it's by no means crap. This F3 on the other hand has 1G RAM, 8GB ROM (this two specs alone would turn off anyone who knows how Android runs these days, how would multi-task with that RAM, and also be prepared to have storage issue as soon as u start using the phone).

Oukitel c8 has a responsive Fingerprint sensor, 2G RAM and 16GB ROM and cheap parts sef (the replacement screen costs less than #2,000), all for a cheaper cost than this F3.

It's a no-brainer, really.

1 Like

Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by henry007(m): 8:05am On May 01, 2018
BeardedTraveler:

I use c8 as a spare phone and it's by no means crap. This F3 on the other hand has 1G RAM, 8GB ROM (this two specs alone would turn off anyone who knows how Android runs these days, how would multi-task with that RAM, and also be prepared to have storage issue as soon as u start using the phone).

Oukitel c8 has a responsive Fingerprint sensor, 2G RAM and 16GB ROM and cheap parts sef (the replacement screen costs less than #2,000), all for a cheaper cost than this F3.

It's a no-brainer, really.

It's usually a no brainer on paper but i feel like most buyers within a short period would be opening threads like this.
https://www.nairaland.com/4473437/oukitel-c8-screen#67156003
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by BeardedTraveler: 9:04am On May 01, 2018
henry007:

It's usually a no brainer on paper but i feel like most buyers within a short period would be opening threads like this.
https://www.nairaland.com/4473437/oukitel-c8-screen#67156003

That's way off the point.

Going this way is more against Tecno than it is Oukitel. We have heard more stories from Tecno users about needing to change part almost as soon as the first booting of the phone. Nairaland is littered with complaints of many kinds about Tecno and Infinix packing up or having problems.

Showing me one or two users with screen problem or any other thing doesn't portray to me what u intend it to, it doesn't become a problem till it gets to m8/m8 pro touch issue level.

On the other hand, I'm amazed you chose to overlook the specs of both phones and attempt to attack from such a soft angle smh.

2 Likes

Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by henry007(m): 9:17am On May 01, 2018
BeardedTraveler:

That's way off the point.

Going this way is more against Tecno than it is Oukitel. We have heard more stories from Tecno users about needing to change part almost as soon as the first booting of the phone. Nairaland is littered with complaints of many kinds about Tecno and Infinix packing up or having problems.

Showing me one or two users with screen problem or any other thing doesn't portray to me what u intend it to, it doesn't become a problem till it gets to m8/m8 pro touch issue.

On the other hand, I'm amazed you chose to overlook the specs of both phones and attempt to attack from such a soft angle smh.

Right now i only know 2 users of the C8, you and the guy on that thread. Pretty sure i've never seen any Oukitel phone in real life and i worked in computer village. I've never had to fix a screen but everyone knows what Carlcare is by now.
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by BeardedTraveler: 9:30am On May 01, 2018
henry007:

Right now i only know 2 users of the C8, you and the guy on that thread. Pretty sure i've never seen any Oukitel phone in real life and i worked in computer village. I've never had to fix a screen but everyone knows what Carlcare is by now.

That's off the point too.

The tech world doesn't revolve around your observation, it doesn't matter whether or not you have seen a device or not for it to be rated. This is my second oukitel device, and I have purchased some on behalf of people too, also this device is the 4th most purchased mobile phone on Aliexpress presently. So it doesn't matter whether you have come across it or not.

I have had experience with Carlcare a couple of times, and stories abound on NL how "grateful" their real life customers are about their service.

Funny enough, I'm not pushing anyone towards Oukitel myself, I'd choose Xiaomi over them anyday. But the truth has to be said.

3 Likes

Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by shiftback: 10:53am On May 01, 2018
This is the entriest of entry levels. Na to buy this one gift my own Chioma grin
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by henry007(m): 2:46pm On May 01, 2018
shiftback:
This is the entriest of entry levels. Na to buy this one gift my own Chioma grin

Burst my head grin
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by KendrickAyomide: 8:03pm On May 07, 2018
henry007:

bro what's the battery life like
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by henry007(m): 8:45pm On May 07, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
bro what's the battery life like

I get around 4hours and 30mins of SOT, that means with mostly browsing, light gaming and messaging , I'd need to charge around 4PM coz that's when it hits 10%
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by KendrickAyomide: 9:51am On May 08, 2018
henry007:

I get around 4hours and 30mins of SOT, that means with mostly browsing, light gaming and messaging , I'd need to charge around 4PM coz that's when it hits 10%
What's SOT
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by jetz(m): 10:39am On May 08, 2018
henry007:
Here's my TECNO Pop 1 Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7ng_X3tjDg&t=2s

If you wish to see more, check out the video.

Full Specs

Dimensions: 151.5*71.89*8.5mm
Display Size: 5.5 inch FWVGA
Display Type: IPS LCD
Resolution: 480 X 960 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~195 ppi density)
Chipset: Mediatek MT6580
CPU: Quad-core 1.3 GHz
GPU: Mali-400 MP
Network: GSM/EDGE/GPRS/WCDMA
SIM: True Dual SIM (2 micro sim)
Primary Camera: 5MP dual LED Flash
Secondary Camera: 5MP with Flash
Memory: 8GB Storage Expandable
RAM: 1GB
Battery Capacity: 2400mAh battery
The feature: In-built radio Antenna* Lalasticlala
Price: 26,400

Sound your questions below!

Also SEE: TECNO F2 Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmMQeVx_6pQ&t=86s
infinity display ke abi Na 18:9 display specify o
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by KendrickAyomide: 12:54pm On May 08, 2018
jetz:
With the pictures i no see anything like 18:9 display there
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by KendrickAyomide: 12:56pm On May 08, 2018
henry007:

okay.. i guess you charged in the morning
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by saxby(f): 1:31pm On May 08, 2018
i think what he means is that the f3 has a superb display
jetz:
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by jetz(m): 2:08pm On May 08, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
tec-NO lol
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by jetz(m): 2:08pm On May 08, 2018
saxby:
i think what he means is that the f3 has a superb display
henry don turn tecNO agent na lol
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by henry007(m): 2:47pm On May 08, 2018
KendrickAyomide:

All the questions you're asking have answers in the video.

KendrickAyomide:
okay.. i guess you charged in the morning

Yes
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by henry007(m): 4:04pm On May 08, 2018
jetz:

I guess that's the guy name Samsung uses but yeah it's 18:9 aspect ratio. It has bezels.
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by jetz(m): 4:11pm On May 08, 2018
henry007:

I guess that's the guy name Samsung uses but yeah it's 18:9 aspect ratio. It has bezels.
lol Mr Henry I hear u just be say infinity display is overrated I agree for d 18:9 tho
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by henry007(m): 4:30pm On May 08, 2018
jetz:
lol Mr Henry I hear u just be say infinity display is overrated I agree for d 18:9 tho

Infinity display is supposed to be used when there are no bezels at all but that only exists in a Vivo Apex concept phone as at now. It is not overrated o. Went back to my 16:9 aspect ratio Phantom 8 recently and it felt a lil uncomfortable.
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by jetz(m): 6:31pm On May 08, 2018
henry007:

Infinity display is supposed to be used when there are no bezels at all but that only exists in a Vivo Apex concept phone as at now. It is not overrated o. Went back to my 16:9 aspect ratio Phantom 8 recently and it felt a lil uncomfortable.
wah now happened to infinity display on samsung n co thats actually infinity display with minimal bezels?
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by henry007(m): 6:40pm On May 08, 2018
jetz:
wah now happened to infinity display on samsung n co thats actually infinity display with minimal bezels?

They're a lil out of the price range of users looking to buy the TECNO Pop 1, i think grin
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by jetz(m): 8:04pm On May 08, 2018
henry007:

They're a lil out of the price range of users looking to buy the TECNO Pop 1, i think grin
agreed but tecno can do more not passing an 18:9 as an infinity display
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by henry007(m): 9:05pm On May 08, 2018
jetz:
agreed but tecno can do more not passing an 18:9 as an infinity display

I called it "Infinity display" the way you call every noodles 'Indomie' and every tablet 'iPad'.

The term infinity display however isn't patented sef and Samsung that uses it still has very small top and bottom bezels. It's not 100% bezel-less.
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by henrixx(m): 9:33pm On May 08, 2018
PureMe01:
comparing this side by side with ordinary oukitel c8 of cheaper price tag, u go just weak for tecno and their regular outrageous prices for their scraps
xiaomi man... You seem intimidated by transsion phones and gionee phones. You are everywhere condemning and condemning.

Are you aware tecno pays taxes. if oukitel comes to naija their phone prices will go up cos they will pay taxes pay staff pay publicity and finance their customer care.

So chill man. If you want sell xiaomi carry put for market. People wey go buy go buy and if you go sell you go sell. You can't force people against their choice

I advice you calm down. Be patient let xiaomi bring its presence to Nigeria. people will buy and you won't need to continue all these.
Re: TECNO Pop 1/Pop 1 Pro (F3) Official Discussion Thread by PureMe01: 9:43pm On May 08, 2018
henrixx:
xiaomi man... You seem intimidated by transsion phones and gionee phones. You are everywhere condemning and condemning.

Are you aware tecno pays taxes. if oukitel comes to naija their phone prices will go up cos they will pay taxes pay staff pay publicity and finance their customer care.

So chill man. If you want sell xiaomi carry put for market. People wey go buy go buy and if you go sell you go sell. You can't force people against their choice

I advice you calm down. Be patient let xiaomi bring its presence to Nigeria. people will buy and you won't need to continue all these.
tecno man...tell ur people dat Africa deserves better..Africa is no dumping ground for scraps.deep within u,U know tecno will be relegated if they eventually take these same devices of ridiculous specs with outrageous prices to d very much enlightened western world...they are simply taking advantage of d ignorance in Africa and dats manipulation and legalized scam tho I don't blame dem.d gullible ones are to be blamed for falling prey.
a tecno marketer using an iPhone,who is deceiving who

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Things Affecting Battery And Data Life On Your Android & How To Manage Them / 12-Year Old Boy, Joshua Agboola Wins MTN Mpulse Hackathon / Despacito: Most Watched Youtube Video Ever 'deleted' In Apparent Hack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.