Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,701 members, 7,865,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:19 AM

The Beauty N Faults Of Niger Delta - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Beauty N Faults Of Niger Delta (1029 Views)

Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool / Back In Time - Colonial Era Of Niger-delta, Nigeria / The Beauty Of Igbo Ishiagu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Beauty N Faults Of Niger Delta by fero007: 1:23am On Apr 21, 2018
Niger delta is no doubt a highly blessed land, yes there have some faults, as a Niger deltan from delta state n who has travelled to other parts of this country I want to give my insight into this land for does who dont know
The real Niger deltans are those from Bayelsa, Delta and Rivers states, though political it is now confused to mean 9 oil producing states or 6 south south states. The ethnic groups of ND are the Igbo, Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre, Isoko, Ijaw, Urhobo, Itsekiri, Ogoni n odas, fellow south south tribes are Bini, ishans, afemai, efik, Ibibio, annang ogoja, e.t.c.
These people have the richest culture and I will prove it.
First, Evri tribe has good food but tell me which you've enjoyed more than onunu and fish soup, starch n oghwo/banga, kekefiyai, ukhodo, ofe akwu, ofe nsala, polofiyai, native soup, all garnished with sea foods, not to talk of popular snacks of bole with fish/okazi, okpa, banga rice, jampie, e.t.c. also afang, ekpakukwo, black soup. Secondly, in terms of music n dance, can u lie that in church you dont dance uncontrollably when you hear an urhobo or ijaw song, the sweet dance of the people. In dressing, the itsekiris, efiks, binis, ve the most stylish designs, not to mention the ND has d most gorgeous ladies(although the ugly ones are extremely ugly)its 45% very fine, 10% average, 45% very ugly, u are free to contest dis fact
The culture of the people is also very interesting for those who really know the culture of the people.
Of course, growing up in cities like Port Harcourt, Warri and Benin will make you a smart, tough and charming person. For those who think Lagos is the rugged centre of Nigeria, visit any these cities and see if Lagos sense will help you, I sorry for you. And yes these places are cities, highly commercial, developed, industrialized, beautiful, n fun, not villages like most outsiders think. Celebs from Ph include Timaya, Mr Eazi, Burna boy, Duncan might, mama gee, tonto dikeh, Julius agwu, agbani darego, e.t c while Wafi made 80% of the comedy industry, Omawumi, Orezi, Harrysong, sterioman, Justus esiri, RMD, Ufuoma McDermott, Ebube, Efe,e.t.c just a few from an endless list of talented south southerners
Now for the bitter truths, the ND is first, the most immoral part of d country, the most unsafe(filled with kidnappers, cultists, robbers, prostitutes, yahoo boys n girls, militants) some of the worse leaders(In my opin anyway). Truly the govt policies are designed to marginalize the SS, ports of wafi, Ph n cali r rearly used so dat business is conc in lagos only. The oil money revenue is taken to lag n abj n no fg project is going on in the ND, nt to mention good no of oil companies work in SS degrading d environs but pay tax to office in Lagos. Its d SS n SE dat make Lagos what it is.
But then even the small percent of the money we get if properly managed is far more than enough if nt for yeye leaders, n selfish youths. What we need is to stop fighting ikwerre vs ijaw, urhobo vs itsekiri, n start using our Godly minds to do things, no corruption, tribalism, embezzlement, violence.
I hope someone who cares will help spread this. Long live Niger Delta
Igbo kwenu! Ikwerre meka o! Haa Izon! Urhobo ado! Oma tsekiri dede! Iyo Ogoni! Edo a tokpe ye! Ibibio Songh!
Re: The Beauty N Faults Of Niger Delta by Sinistami(m): 7:57pm On Apr 24, 2018
Nice one
Re: The Beauty N Faults Of Niger Delta by Sinistami(m): 8:42pm On Apr 24, 2018
You forgot to mention its status as the headquarter of Pidgin. it has the sweetest versions of Naija Pidgin from Benin, Sapele , Warri to Yenagoa and Port Harcourt especially Wafi own. LOL.
Re: The Beauty N Faults Of Niger Delta by fero007: 11:58pm On Apr 27, 2018
Sinistami:
You forgot to mention its status as the headquarter of Pidgin. it has the sweetest versions of Naija Pidgin from Benin, Sapele , Warri to Yenagoa and Port Harcourt especially Wafi own. LOL.

Me sef, I'm a port harcourt boy
See more of the south south from this site
https://www.nairaland.com/4236912/south-south-developed-lagos-abuja
Re: The Beauty N Faults Of Niger Delta by Sinistami(m): 10:44pm On May 03, 2018
I just loved the way you said the truth without sugarcoating anything.
Re: The Beauty N Faults Of Niger Delta by SlayerForever: 2:24am On May 04, 2018
Nice one.

(1) (Reply)

Passengers plead the “blood of Jesus” as Ooni of Ife makes his way into a plane / A Foreigner In Need Of Ur Help / Yoruba Group On Facebook For Proverbs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.