Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,363 members, 7,864,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:19 AM

. - Politics (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (592235 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Nobody: 1:17am On Sep 23, 2018
Bede2u:
i would like to join this group...but isnt ohaneze already such a group??
Ohaneze isn't such a group but this new group shall liaise with it playing an advisory role. Ohaneze is a parent body of the Igbo ethnic nationality. The organization I'm talking about if we match words with action by creating it, will be a kind of cultural and political grassroot pressure group whose mandate will have among many - Igbo ethnic harmonization/reorganization and Igbo interest protection etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Cjrane2: 1:59am On Sep 23, 2018
Bede2u:
If the ss igbos dont take a stand soon...they will be left behind without apology.

Look at this map...the green part represents ss igbos while the other part is se.

Can u all see that no part of igboland whether se or ss is bordered by atlantic ocean.

The ss igbos dont have any advantage over se igbos. Time to cut the nay sayers off.

Se igboland is good to go it alone...and if asaba and genuine delta igbos want, we can go it together. Others can fvck off. We dont need them. And its time we get very violent about it.

Obuaku and Afikpo are connected by navigable waterways to the Atlantic ocean.

If it becomes necessary, these places can host any type of seaports needed. The rivers might need to be dredged to accommodate deep sea vessels.

The constant attack on Afikpo people to vacate their farms is exactly a ploy by Nigeria to push them away from their lands on western bank of the Cross River.

Nigeria has already built a low bridge along the East-West Highway over the water channel leading to Obuaku, therefore, big ocean liners will struggle to find space to pass under that bridge deliberately made low by Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: . by Bede2u(m): 2:42am On Sep 23, 2018
Cjrane2:

Obuaku and Afikpo are connected by navigable waterways to the Atlantic ocean.

If it becomes necessary, these places can host any type of seaports needed. The rivers might need to be dredged to accommodate deep sea vessels.

The constant attack on Afikpo people to vacate their farms is exactly a ploy by Nigeria to push them away from their lands on western bank of the Cross River.

Nigeria has already built a low bridge along the East-West Highway over the water channel leading to Obuaku, therefore, big ocean liners will struggle to find space to pass under that bridge deliberately made low by Nigeria.
if we are talking about an independent igboland, then the bridge at obuaku is not an issue...since there are other water bodies we can use instead

But if we are talking about igboland within nigeria, then the onitsha port is already there and there is already a railway linking igboland with sea port in rivers
Re: . by Nobody: 3:47am On Sep 23, 2018
spyder880:
Otito dili Jesu, na ndu ebighi ebi, Amen.

Sane people build statues of their traditional religion, about their history or their greatest people/heroes

how did Mary or her son Jesus relate to Igbo?
you can say what ever you want, sane people won't be proud of that which they used to enslaved and keep enslaving them.

we don't appreciate ours thats why the white-men looted them away

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 3:58am On Sep 23, 2018
spyder880:
Otito diri nu Onye nwe anyi Jesu Christi, na ndu ebighebi, Amin.

1 Share

Re: . by investnow2013: 4:48am On Sep 23, 2018
ROBAN STORES AWKA ANAMBRA STATE

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 5:29am On Sep 23, 2018
Igbo land is total rubbish from Google map.

IMO STATE VS MIAMI

SEE HOW MIAMI/USA PLANED THEIR CITIES

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 5:30am On Sep 23, 2018
Isinweke:
Igbo land is total rubbish from Google map.

IMO STATE VS MIAMI

SEE HOW MIAMI/USA PLANED THEIR CITIES

1 Share

Re: . by Chef2000: 6:08am On Sep 23, 2018
Isinweke:

Sane people build statues of their traditional religion, about their history or their greatest people/heroes

how did Mary or her son Jesus related to Igbo?
you can say what ever you want, sane people won't be proud of that which they used to enslaved and keep enslaving them.

You are right, and also these statues are not the real images of Jesus and Mary to me these images are foriegn fake idols and doesn't in anyway represent the real Jesus, these are man made idol that shouldn't be seen or worship, that is why I have no such nonsense in my house and in my phones

1 Like

Re: . by mightguy(m): 8:03am On Sep 23, 2018
Bede2u:
if we are talking about an independent igboland, then the bridge at obuaku is not an issue...since there are other water bodies we can use instead

But if we are talking about igboland within nigeria, then the onitsha port is already there and there is already a railway linking igboland with sea port in rivers
wow so there are so many places with access to the sea in abia state. Lol. Some people will open their useless mouth to tell us landlocked people. People who don't know geography. The "them say igbo is locked" people. This forum ave opened our eyes
Re: . by vanbonattel: 8:08am On Sep 23, 2018
horsepower101:

My brother lets be honest, identity crisis and Igbo denial is a big obstacle in working closely with our south-south igbo brothers.

In order for all Ndigbo to move forward, and progress together as brothers, we have to address that issue. South east igbos have swept this issue under the rug for decades hoping that it will stop but it never did.

My conviction is that it’s time to lay it out in the open and solve it once and for all. Let everyone publicly announce their stance on igbo identity.

I don’t ever want south east igbos defend or die unnecessarily again for another igbo from the south south when they themselves or their people deny igbos.

And please before you accuse me of creating divisions, my mother is an anioma woman. Also the first land I ever bought with my hard earned money is in Asaba.

I just believe in fairness and hate injustice.

Seems they will switch tactics today, ya bing Owerri and the Catholic Church is their agenda today grin

4 Likes

Re: . by vanbonattel: 8:10am On Sep 23, 2018
Chef2000:

You are right, and also these statues are not the real images of Jesus and Mary to me these images are foriegn fake idols and doesn't in anyway represent the real Jesus, these are man made idol that shouldn't be seen or worship, that is why I have no such nonsense in my house and in my phones

GOD will have mercy on your soul.

2 Likes

Re: . by ariesbull: 8:55am On Sep 23, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

can you please explain further

There is nothing like a king of Ukwuani land...they don't have Obi or Igwe they are governed by oldest men
Re: . by ariesbull: 9:04am On Sep 23, 2018
pazienza:
In his speech, the Asaagba reinstated that the Anioma People of Delta State are Igbos, citing their language as one of His bases for saying so. He noted that what the people of Anioma speak is Igbo/Ibo, just like their Brothers from across the Niger. He reinstated his support for the creation of Anioma State saying it will help expand the Igbo territory. He urged OhanezeNdigboNollywood not to relent in her effort to promote, project and preserve Igbo culture

This is the way things should be done.

Being open and clear, and not speaking from both sides of the mouth. The Asagba has been very consistent in upholding Igbo identity of Ndi Ahaba, he even tries to make claims for other Anioma people, but until we see monarchs from those places making such speeches themselves, we would hardly be convinced of their own loyalty.
I'm a member of Ahaba facebook pages, and as an Igbo, I feel very welcomed there. The people are pro Igbo, and don't tolerate any exhibition of Igbophobia.
This is also part of the reason Ndiigbo in SE had since moved our Nollywood to Ahaba, and are making massive investments there.

Ahaba and the Asagba are leading the way, why is the rest of Anioma not following?

Your right...Asaba, Ogwashi , Igbuzor and Enuani groups are great Igbo and unlike them and their songs...I love Ukwuani also but not the way inline Asaba

As of Ika...forget them

1 Like

Re: . by UgwuAghachi: 10:19am On Sep 23, 2018
UgwuAghachi:
Afikpo

ABIA just like ANIOMA is an acronym. ABIA stands for Aba, Bende, Isiokwatu and Afikpo which were the places that championed the creation of Abia from the old Imo and were the places with the most population.

Old Afikpo Province was part of Abia state and consisted of current day Local Governments:

Isiokwatu ( currently in Abia)
Afikpo North
Afikpo South
Ohaozara
Ivo
Onicha

Isiokwatu Local Government in Abia State was part of Afikpo. Isiokwatu produced Basketmouth (the comedian), Oluchi Oluegbu (the model), Sunday Mba (footballer) and more

Great people from Afikpo you didn't know

Afikpo North

Uche Azikiwe: Wife of Nnamdi Azikiwe. Azikiwe fell for her watching the Umu agbogho dance. She is from Ehugbo, Afikpo North

Akanu Ibiam: The first governor of eastern Nigeria. He was governor of Eastern Nigeria till 1966 when he handed over to Odimegwu Ojukwu. He is from Unwana, Afikpo North

Samuel Eto'o: Africa's highest paid footballer. Controversial as this might sound, it was revealed by complete sports in 2005 that Samuel Etoo's parents moved to Cameroon during the civil war. Eto'o is from Amasiri, Afikpo North and he visits from time to time. There is a concession in his family to keep the information from the media so as not to sabotage his political bids in his adopted country

Ohaozara
Dave Umahi: Current and best governor of Ebonyi state

Ogbonnaya Onu: The first governor of Abia state, current minister of Science and Technology

Jaja Nwachukwu: The first Minister of Education of Nigeria

Ivo
Anyim Pius Anyim: Former Senate president of Nigeria and former Secretary to the Federal government (highest ranking Igbo politician during the Goodluck Jonathan regime)

Be informed!
Re: . by investnow2013: 11:21am On Sep 23, 2018
If Ohaneze feels it is fighting for Igbo course it should first of all try to recover all Igbo territories ceded to other regions in Nigeria.

Are you aware that sometime in 1939 some Anioma communities in present day Delta and Edo states was carved out of the core Igbo heartland despite protests from Anioma kings then to the British colonial authorities?

The same period the Ezza community of present Ebonyi state was carved into Benue state of present day.

Again, in 1976 during the Yakubu Gowon regime, Ahoada and Port Harcourt was ceded to Ijaw dominated River state. Do you still wonder how Igbo speaking people are now minorities in other states?
This was carried out despite rejection by the people to the Willink commission on boundary adjustment.

Still in 1976, oil rich Obigbo LGA in Aba division of old Imo state was ceded to Rivers state. Obigbo is Ndoki clan and has over 50 oil wells, they are pure Igbo people separated from their Azummili kins by the Imo river.

Ohugbu, an oil rich Ndoki community was ceded to Akwa Ibom state. Ohugbu is one of the highest onshore gas and oil producing area.

In the same 1976, the Egbema community was balkanized into three towns with the highest oil producing town ceded to River state from old Imo state.

Same time too, Ndoni was carved out of Aboha and given to Rivers state. Ndoni and Ogbaru are same people. Ogbaru is in Anambra with some of their kinsmen in Delta state.

We know that these oil producing areas of Igbo land was the highest oil producing areas pre 1966 and that the Hausa/Fulani led military government has partitioned our land in other to remove Igbo land as the highest oil producing region in the land.

The envious Hausa/Fulani government acted contemptuously in other to gain control of our oil and soon after these sordid act, they started sharing our oil wells to themselves hence, today they control almost eighty two of such.

This is where I expect Ohaneze to act. They should do all within their ability to recover all our lands dubiously ceded to other regions.

Only then can we see them as true representatives of our people!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by whirlwind7(m): 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2018
ckenneths:
Have you been here yet? cheesy

I am just exploring opportunities. .............

The Enu-Ani mega city housing estate in Anioma, Delta state.

I've heard so much noise about this place.
What is your impression about it?

I don't know anything about the company floating the estate, except the little I read online.
Re: . by B2mario(m): 2:23pm On Sep 23, 2018
aniomafirstson:

This is the problem with some of you

you've not gotten anioma you are looking at opobo

once SE gets anioma then I assure you everything will fall in place

There's going to be a bigger problem if aniomas get their state without the help of SE

If you all really love igboland then let's fight for anioma state together irrespective of the geopolitical zone we find ourselves.
Oga what are you saying? pls leave this unnecessary argument and concentrate on the purpose of this thread. Bonny and Opobo are parts and parcels of Igboland dont be confused because of their distance to Igbo main land. You have your right to keep quiet and learn what you dont know from people that know.
Re: . by raker300: 2:24pm On Sep 23, 2018
Enugu,

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 2:24pm On Sep 23, 2018
whirlwind7:

I've heard so much noise about this place.
What is your impression about it?

I don't know anything about the company floating the estate, except the little I read online.
Enuani Mega City project is done by REAL(Reliance Economic Advancement Limited)

It will be close to like Centenary City in Enugu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe_Oa-HOwco

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 2:56pm On Sep 23, 2018
Isinweke:

how did Mary or her son Jesus relate to Igbo?

AndrewUweh. Longest time. Where have you been all these while.
You and Onlytruth are the pioneer Igbo warriors of this forum.
Not to forget Ninetofive, Ezeuche and Ohsisi herself.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 2:57pm On Sep 23, 2018

Interesting.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 3:00pm On Sep 23, 2018

This isn't a big issue.
We can always build a new elevated bridge, in place of the current one, if push comes to shove. I don't see a potential AkwaCross nation blocking our path to the sea.

Problem will be the Ijaws (Bonny/Opobo) who control the Rivers down below.

Ijaw are laying claim to all the seas coasts from Southern Ondo( Ese-Odo) to Edo (Gelegele) and down to Akwa Ibom (Eastern Obolo and Ibeno). They(Ijaws) don't have the numbers to pull this off and they are spread too thin.

I have an interesting hypotheses on how we can benefit from this Ijaw struggle, in post Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 3:02pm On Sep 23, 2018
pazienza:

This isn't a big issue.
We can always build a new elevated bridge, in place of the current one, if push comes to shove. I don't see a potential AkwaCross nation blocking our path to the sea.

Exactly!!!!

That’s was my thinking too years ago when I discovered that bridge. We can easily knock down that bridge and build a higher one to allow bigger vessels to pass.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 3:07pm On Sep 23, 2018
horsepower101:

Exactly!!!!

That’s was my thinking too years ago when I discovered that bridge. We can easily knock down that bridge and build a higher one to allow bigger vessels to pass.

A tall suspension bridge. And it's all solved.

2 Likes

Re: . by Purehuman(m): 3:38pm On Sep 23, 2018
We are not keying into Akwa ibom seaport project. We are all here complaining about Lagos. If we can partner with the company building the seaport and we get 50years waiver from the port, this will push industrialisation alot.

I am seeing Akwa ibom in the big picture soon. We need to outrun every other competitor now before we start from behind.
Re: . by mightguy(m): 3:40pm On Sep 23, 2018
pazienza:

This isn't a big issue.

Problem will be the Ijaws (Bonny/Opobo) who control the Rivers down below.

Ijaw are laying claim to all the seas coasts from Southern Ondo( Ese-Odo) to Edo (Gelegele) and down to Akwa Ibom (Eastern Obolo and Ibeno). They(Ijaws) don't have the numbers to pull this off and they are spread too thin.

I have an interesting hypotheses on how we can benefit from this Ijaw struggle, in post Nigeria.

let them continue claiming. When the time comes. We shall see. They will claim sea and claim land.

2 Likes

Re: . by Purehuman(m): 3:56pm On Sep 23, 2018
The Obuaku river is small and we should stop all these emotional stuff. Except you will expand the river, the amount ships alaigbo will be needing will supersede the carrying capacity the Obuaku river can offer us. We should stop acting as if we are Madagascar that's just going to stay alone and play developmental politics.

I was thinking that we should be plotting possible ways of cornering Akwa ibom seaport to our advantage and possibly link it with our industrial cities and river ports. I am of the opinion that even if we will use other river ports, the deep seaport will generate lots of advantage for us in terms of heavy imports.

We have been wooed countless times in terms of this port. The Hausa people have started thinking of linking the port directly to the north through rail. The only point of contact with the port is Abia and these people have still connected the Abia rail straight to Maiduguri. We are keeping quiet and not working of feasible plans of cornering the port and it's industrial city. So that it will be our economic outstation incase things work out in the state. Akwa ibom people do not have that bad feeling against us unlike the rest of SS tribes, so let's work on this available window for our use.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 23, 2018
pazienza:

AndrewUweh. Longest time. Where have you been all these while.
You and Onlytruth are the pioneer Igbo warriors of this forum.
Not to forget Ninetofive, Ezeuche and Ohsisi herself.

I don't know what you're talking about,

20 Shares

Re: . by pazienza(m): 4:24pm On Sep 23, 2018
Isinweke:

I don't know what you're talking about,

I'm psylas

My bad.
There use to be an AndreUweh here. He is from Isinweke in Imo state.
I guess I got you confused for him.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 23, 2018
pazienza:

My bad.
There use to be an AndreUweh here. He is from Isinweke in Imo state.
I guess I got you confused for him.

Okey, I'm from Orlu

1 Share

Re: . by mightguy(m): 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2018
Purehuman:
The Obuaku river is small and we should stop all these emotional stuff. Except you will expand the river, the amount ships alaigbo will be needing will supersede the carrying capacity the Obuaku river can offer us. We should stop acting as if we are Madagascar that's just going to stay alone and play developmental politics.

I was thinking that we should be plotting possible ways of cornering Akwa ibom seaport to our advantage and possibly link it with our industrial cities and river ports. I am of the opinion that even if we will use other river ports, the deep seaport will generate lots of advantage for us in terms of heavy imports.

We have been wooed countless times in terms of this port. The Hausa people have started thinking of linking the port directly to the north through rail. The only point of contact with the port is Abia and these people have still connected the Abia rail straight to Maiduguri. We are keeping quiet and not working of feasible plans of cornering the port and it's industrial city. So that it will be our economic outstation incase things work out in the state. Akwa ibom people do not have that bad feeling against us unlike the rest of SS tribes, so let's work on this available window for our use.
lol. Who told u?. They ave that bad feelings about igbos. Go to their forums and see for urself... Any igbo man dat is rich must be greedy or a Ritualist. That's how they behave. Majority of them but they tend to mellow down when it comes to Abia state cos they see as their Kins

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.