Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,375 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

. - Politics (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (583741 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 6:05pm On Oct 02, 2018
O seti go cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Handsomegod(m): 6:06pm On Oct 02, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

No be only Areli and Arodi.
Let they keep disgracing their ancestors
Oga I've seen how you been up and about casting aspersions on the Gad/Eri hypothesis of Igbo origin. There are tangible and oral evidence to support it and there are also many practical reasons to believe it too. The Igbo/Jewsish links was even acknowledged by foreigners including English and Portuguese historians. Start by reading up G.T Basden's works "Among the Ibos of Nigeria" (Note: I attached the picture of the book for you). There are others I will recommend if you wish to study more. Let ask,how many books on Igbo history and Origin have you read? Mention them so we can do a little history class here for the benefit of our brothers and sisters. Don't just grumpily wave off any and everything that failed to suit your mold. Igbo core Omenani(customs and traditions) are Hebraic. Most root words in Igbo have same consonance and meaning as Hebrews. Again,this is an area of study many Igbo scholars this day are devoting their time and efforts to unravel these connections. There are lots we do not know that was lost to antiquity. This is an area of study worth delving into. Check these two names on facebook and follow their view with an open mind: Remy Ilona and Emeka Maduewesi. Also join this group on facebook:Omenala/Omenana(Igbo Culture) Defenders. All these are pointing to the imminent Igbo rennaisance. We leave nothing to chance and we assume nothing until there are ample proof to establish fact(s). Again,i presume you are worthy of response and responsible enough,just only misguided,given to how you waved the first statement aside. Just keep an open mind and quit acting trashy. Ndewo.

5 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 6:06pm On Oct 02, 2018
These guys can flog you very well. ......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 6:08pm On Oct 02, 2018
Mmanwu watching in Nnobi, Anambra state

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 6:12pm On Oct 02, 2018
Still in Igbo Ukwu

6 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 6:14pm On Oct 02, 2018
Some parts of Ogui and Uwani Enugu

7 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 6:17pm On Oct 02, 2018
Enugu.

3 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 6:19pm On Oct 02, 2018
Obosi, near Onitsha

8 Likes

Re: . by aniomafirstson: 6:19pm On Oct 02, 2018
pazienza:

Zik had his own struggles. The regions were limited in power, they were quasi regions, as they all had white governor general who they reported to. Compare it to the quasi Federal system we practice today, where almost everything is controlled by those who run Abuja.
The constitution then, the McPherson constitution was rigged against the indigenous people by British, the regions were powerless. Rather than resign to fate and say that the constitution can't be fought against, like IPOB are doing today. Zik got involved in the government, launched a frontal attack on those parliament members in the East who were feeding fat from the current constitution then, paralyzed the government and won, replaced them with his own henchmen, and held the British at the jugular, forcing them to re negotiate the McPherson constitution.

The end result was that the almighty Britain had to review the McPherson constitution and replaced it with the lyttleton constitution, which granted more powers to the regions. Notice that Zik ultimate goal was Independence, yet he was in 1950 fighting for more power to be granted to the regions. He fought it in tiny bits, watering down the British influence gradually and patiently, before going for the real deal.

You see, Zik met similar problems we are dealing with today.
1. Strong oppressor (British)
2. Internal collaborators who wish to retain the system for their selfish interests ( the politicians)
3. An unfavorable constitution.

How did he go about surmounting these obstacles?
He secured the home front first, by going after the number 2. Once that was done, the rest fell in place.

Anyone who seek to liberate Ndiigbo today, must first tackle the number 2, ie our current political jobbers and office holders. There is no two ways about this.

Igboland was balkanized for the first time in 1938 by Bernard Bourdillion, who took Western Igboland and joined to Lagos colony(SW) to form western region.

So you see, Zik also had to deal with the issue of balkanization of Igboland. But he focused more on uniting us all under one political party and ideology under NCNC, working closely with Dennis Osadebey, and it was only a matter of time before we pulled Western Igbo out of Western region, and created a Midwestern region for them. If Nzeogwu and co didn't mess things up, it was also a matter of time before the East merged with Anioma.

So you see, instead of crying over British cunning game of diving to conquer us, Zik wielded political solidarity as a veritable tool, to unify us and rendered the regional lines, redundant. This is what IPOB ought to be doing, and not crying over SS.

If we have a unified political system and party totally controlled by Ndiigbo, manned by highly intellectually radicalized Igbos who are patriotic to the Pan Igbo agenda, holding atleast 90% of all elective posts in the entire Igbo speaking areas from Anioma to upland Igboid Rivers. I assure you the geo political boundaries would be the least of our headaches, they would be rendered redundant, and would naturally fall on their own.

Good ideas, but everything starts with getting involved in the political process of the SE, toppling our current crop of political jobbers who are comfortable with the current oppressive system and who are feeding fat off the current state of things, while the masses suffers.

We are blessed to have people like you and osita mordi

Respect sir

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 6:25pm On Oct 02, 2018
Palm kernel production in Agbani, Nkanu West

6 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 6:27pm On Oct 02, 2018
Obiagu, Enugu city.........

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 6:31pm On Oct 02, 2018
Asaba, Delta state. .....

1 Like

Re: . by odogwu125: 6:31pm On Oct 02, 2018
bestviewer:
Thank you for seeing what i have always complained about. She(Ngozievergreen) and her partner(odogwu123) are the reason i always appear here as a troublemake whereas i am a pure gentleman.

Inyinyakpaoku(Ngozievergreen) is only against Gad/Eri simply because it originated from Anambra. Nothing more. I have not seen this sort of inferiority complex. Wetin dey pepper them?

All they do here from dusk to dawn is say anything to subtly attack Anambra people. Thank you for observing this.

Everything is opportunity for you to chest beat about anambra. FYI Arodi son of Gad can be linked with Arondizogu (imo) arochukwu (abia) alor (anambra) alor-uno, alor-agu, umualor (enugu)

1 Like

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 6:34pm On Oct 02, 2018
Owerri, Imo state. .

5 Likes

Re: . by odogwu125: 6:44pm On Oct 02, 2018
pazienza:

Zik had his own struggles. The regions were limited in power, they were quasi regions, as they all had white governor general who they reported to. Compare it to the quasi Federal system we practice today, where almost everything is controlled by those who run Abuja.
The constitution then, the McPherson constitution was rigged against the indigenous people by British, the regions were powerless. Rather than resign to fate and say that the constitution can't be fought against, like IPOB are doing today. Zik got involved in the government, launched a frontal attack on those parliament members in the East who were feeding fat from the current constitution then, paralyzed the government and won, replaced them with his own henchmen, and held the British at the jugular, forcing them to re negotiate the McPherson constitution.

The end result was that the almighty Britain had to review the McPherson constitution and replaced it with the lyttleton constitution, which granted more powers to the regions. Notice that Zik ultimate goal was Independence, yet he was in 1950 fighting for more power to be granted to the regions. He fought it in tiny bits, watering down the British influence gradually and patiently, before going for the real deal.

You see, Zik met similar problems we are dealing with today.
1. Strong oppressor (British)
2. Internal collaborators who wish to retain the system for their selfish interests ( the politicians)
3. An unfavorable constitution.

How did he go about surmounting these obstacles?
He secured the home front first, by going after the number 2. Once that was done, the rest fell in place.

Anyone who seek to liberate Ndiigbo today, must first tackle the number 2, ie our current political jobbers and office holders. There is no two ways about this.

Igboland was balkanized for the first time in 1938 by Bernard Bourdillion, who took Western Igboland and joined to Lagos colony(SW) to form western region.

So you see, Zik also had to deal with the issue of balkanization of Igboland. But he focused more on uniting us all under one political party and ideology under NCNC, working closely with Dennis Osadebey, and it was only a matter of time before we pulled Western Igbo out of Western region, and created a Midwestern region for them. If Nzeogwu and co didn't mess things up, it was also a matter of time before the East merged with Anioma.

So you see, instead of crying over British cunning game of diving to conquer us, Zik wielded political solidarity as a veritable tool, to unify us and rendered the regional lines, redundant. This is what IPOB ought to be doing, and not crying over SS.

If we have a unified political system and party totally controlled by Ndiigbo, manned by highly intellectually radicalized Igbos who are patriotic to the Pan Igbo agenda, holding atleast 90% of all elective posts in the entire Igbo speaking areas from Anioma to upland Igboid Rivers. I assure you the geo political boundaries would be the least of our headaches, they would be rendered redundant, and would naturally fall on their own.

Good ideas, but everything starts with getting involved in the political process of the SE, toppling our current crop of political jobbers who are comfortable with the current oppressive system and who are feeding fat off the current state of things, while the masses suffers.

I totally agree with you in everything but i think SE being a constitutionally recognized entity remain our next step. Zik easily overthrew the compromised regional govt but now if you try it everybody will recoil to their states and tell you to face your state. Some started it against kanu
Re: . by Xander85: 6:57pm On Oct 02, 2018
ckenneths:
Owerri, Imo state. .

We haven't seen much of Owerri lately!
Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:02pm On Oct 02, 2018
More Enugu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:06pm On Oct 02, 2018
Hostel buildings at Unizik, Awka

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:07pm On Oct 02, 2018
Students hostel. ......

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:10pm On Oct 02, 2018
Miliken hills, Enugu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ANSMEDIA: 9:10pm On Oct 02, 2018
DMGS Junction Onitsha

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 02, 2018
Cjrane2:
I'm not surprised, yet i'm shocked that the present Buhari Federal Government imports vehicles from abroad instead of patronizing Made in Nigeria vehicles such as INNOSON.

I remember when Peugeot Automobile of Nigeria (PAN) was in operation. The same Buhari as military Head of state bought all the civil servants and members of armed forces vehicles from PAN. Even when they merely assembled and didn't manufacture any parts in Nigeria. Many rich Igbo people bought the 504 and 505 GL and SR versions and seriously patronized the company.

What has suddenly made Buhari FG to shun INNOSON made in Nigeria vehicles? Is it because the company is based in Nnewi, Nigeria instead of Kano or Daura? You be the judge.

I also ask why the same Igbo millionaires that jumped over themselves to buy a mere 504 or 505 saloon car, are not buying the fantastic J-Wagon made by INNOSON? These are the types of things i speak about when i say our people are unable to act strategically.

The Igbo guy whose company was later given a contract by Government of Iraq to build mono-rail in the country said he had been begging the FG to build Abuja city rail and he was shunned. Yet DANGOTE is given all sorts of FG contracts even when he has no company or capacity to do them. Do you get the drift?

I have always warned people on this thread not to be biased when judging issues.
The Buhari lead administration is the highest buyer of innoson vehicles since the creation of IVM

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/army-partners-innoson-motors-war-vehicles/

https://www.naija.ng/1061035-recession-fg-leads-example-buys-made-nigeria-vehicles.html

https://punchng.com/fg-orders-mdas-buy-made-nigeria-vehicles/

https://www.nairaland.com/4290374/new-innoson-vehicles-acquired-nigerian

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/army-partners-innoson-motors-on-military-equipment-vehicles.html

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/255612-nigerian-army-takes-delivery-new-innoson-vehicles.html

https://theeagleonline.com.ng/nigerian-army-acquires-innoson-vehicles-for-military-operations/

As for the Dangote statement, Dangote has a construction firm called "AG Dangote Constructed Ltd". The company recently completed the Apapa Wharf Cement technology road in Lagos. This is currently the only project the company has accomplished for the FG.
Re: . by Xander85: 9:42pm On Oct 02, 2018
ANSMEDIA:
DMGS Junction Onitsha

I suppose it's an improvement on what was there before; though a fountain would have been better!

The structure seems a bit too big for such a small roundabout. Are the roads leading to and from it dualised?
Re: . by ezeagu(m): 9:44pm On Oct 02, 2018
Handsomegod:
Oga I've seen how you been up and about casting aspersions on the Gad/Eri hypothesis of Igbo origin. There are tangible and oral evidence to support it and there are also many practical reasons to believe it too. The Igbo/Jewsish links was even acknowledged by foreigners including English and Portuguese historians. Start by reading up G.T Basden's works "Among the Ibos of Nigeria" (Note: I attached the picture of the book for you). There are others I will recommend if you wish to study more. Let ask,how many books on Igbo history and Origin have you read? Mention them so we can do a little history class here for the benefit of our brothers and sisters. Don't just grumpily wave off any and everything that failed to suit your mold. Igbo core Omenani(customs and traditions) are Hebraic. Most root words in Igbo have same consonance and meaning as Hebrews. Again,this is an area of study many Igbo scholars this day are devoting their time and efforts to unravel these connections. There are lots we do not know that was lost to antiquity. This is an area of study worth delving into. Check these two names on facebook and follow their view with an open mind: Remy Ilona and Emeka Maduewesi. Also join this group on facebook:Omenala/Omenana(Igbo Culture) Defenders. All these are pointing to the imminent Igbo rennaisance. We leave nothing to chance and we assume nothing until there are ample proof to establish fact(s). Again,i presume you are worthy of response and responsible enough,just only misguided,given to how you waved the first statement aside. Just keep an open mind and quit acting trashy. Ndewo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn4bvjMh4vc
Re: . by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 02, 2018
pazienza:

Onicha is one of those proto Igbo word that it's meaning has been lost.

Another wildspread Word like Onicha used all over Igbo speaking realm is "Owerre".

1. Owerre-Uratta (Popular Owerri Imo capital)
2. Owelle-Ezukala (Orumba Anambra)
3. Owerre-Olubor (Ika Delta)
4. Umueleke Owerre ( Mbano Imo)
5. Owerrinta (Abia state)
6. Owerre. (Awgu Enugu)

Ute-Owerri ( ika north east LGA of Delta state )

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 02, 2018
aniomafirstson:
We also have idemili/Ndemili in anioma
Then another popular town name is umuigbo and obigbo
We also have Ute - Enugu community and Orji community in Ika north east.
Re: . by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:28pm On Oct 02, 2018
Handsomegod:

I can't spend my whole life disputing this fallacy of replacing my history or heritage with that of Hebrews. I have done those discussions more than Buhari has traveled out of the country.
Those folks as Maduewesi and Remi Ilona used to be my facebook friends and when I couldn't stand their fallacies and the insults such bring to Igbo heritage , I blocked the hell out of them. Including their facebook disciples, minus one that makes sense in other spheres. Igbo people are far older than Abraham.
Basden? Nothing is as sacrilegious as a white man telling me my origin .All what those peeps did were use funny sounding similarities to form vague linkages, that's all. Nothing particularly factual.

See how Igbo names/words were being bastardized to make room for possible similarities.
Being Igbos should be enough for us, nothing useful has ever come from this exercise, aside making Igbos look like people looking for attachment. Probably why I am antagonistic about those that try to convince some other people when they deny being Igbo. ....

For every one of those vague similarities, thousands of dissimilarities abound. Books on Igbo history are plenty, that you happen to be exposed to those paraded by jonsers doesn't mean they are the only ones that exist. I don't even consider them as books on Igbo history or customs in the first place. I will search and fetch one of the most powerful books that specifically trashed out Remi Ilona's projections, paragraph by paragraph. The day I came across that book is one of the happiest days in my life, it shows some Igbos have sense of pride and no complex as the likes of Maduewesi and Co possess.

Every tribe within the Igbo groups has the origin of their people, and none said anything Hebrew, not even that of Aguleri/umuleri, a story that the introduction of the Bible spurred. Awka people believe their ancestors are from the soil and I rather go with that, if I can believe Adam was made from the soil in Eden, it then means that God concurrently was making a man at Awka, albeit, centuries older.
Nkanu history doesn't have anything to do with Hebrew too, we traced our own from Nike...We don't play that league.
All you Eri descendants should speak for yourselves and stop dragging the rest of Igboland with you. We don't want.
Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by BankeSmalls(f): 10:33pm On Oct 02, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

I can't spend my whole life disputing this fallacy of replacing my history or heritage with that of Hebrews. I have done those discussions more than Buhari has traveled out of the country.
Those folks as Maduewesi and Remi Ilona used to be my facebook friends and when I couldn't stand their fallacies and the insults such bring to Igbo heritage , I blocked the hell out of them. Including their facebook disciples, minus one that makes sense in other spheres. Igbo people are far older than Abraham.
Basden? Nothing is as sacrilegious as a white man telling me my origin .All what those peeps did were use funny sounding similarities to form vague linkages, that's all. Nothing particularly factual.

See how Igbo names/words were being bastardized to make room for possible similarities.
Being Igbos should be enough for us, nothing useful has ever come from this exercise, aside making Igbos look like people looking for attachment. Probably why I am antagonistic about those that try to convince some other people when they deny being Igbo. ....

For every one of those vague similarities, thousands of dissimilarities abound. Books on Igbo history are plenty, that you happen to be exposed to those paraded by jonsers doesn't mean they are the only ones that exist. I don't even consider them as books on Igbo history or customs in the first place. I will search and fetch one of the most powerful books that specifically trashed out Remi Ilona's projections, paragraph by paragraph. The day I came across that book is one of the happiest days in my life, it shows some Igbos have sense of pride and no complex as the likes of Maduewesi and Co possess.

Every tribe within the Igbo groups has the origin of their people, and none said anything Hebrew, not even that of Aguleri/umuleri, a story that the introduction of the Bible spurred. Awka people believe their ancestors are from the soil and I rather go with that, if I can believe Adam was made from the soil in Eden, it then means that God concurrently was making a man at Awka, albeit, centuries older.
Nkanu history doesn't have anything to do with Hebrew too, we traced our own from Nike...We don't play that league.
All you Eri descendants should speak for yourselves and stop dragging the rest of Igboland with you. We don't want.
Thanks

You're very correct to block them, fulanis Arabs like you cannot be from an Isreali linked tribe.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.