Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

. - Politics (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (582187 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by hammer6F: 10:56pm On Oct 08, 2018
pazienza, they are a politics that we must play whether we like it or not.

we need to start toying with them.

1 Like

Re: . by BankeSmalls(f): 10:58pm On Oct 08, 2018
A lot of people here are just lying, scripting experiences like Nollywood movies. One even keeps reminding us of how his father said all Ikwerre are bad ppl like if his father is the only person wey don stay with ikwerre?

Go and start movie productions o

1 Like

Re: . by onuebonyi: 10:58pm On Oct 08, 2018
This is the kind of stuff some states in the SE should be discussing as election approaches. No one is interested until the same incompetent fellows are re elected particularly in Abia state.

BudgIT has again raised alarm that some states are yet to fully offset the outstanding amount owed pensioners and civil servants despite series of N1.8trillion bailouts.

BudgIT is a civic organization that uses tech tools to simplify the budget and public spending to raise the standard of transparency and accountability in government.

On Sunday, Ayomide Faleye, BudgIT head of communication, released a report of a recently conducted survey aimed at ascertaining the frequency and magnitude of challenges civil servants and pensioners are encountering.

The report sent to us explained that the survey focused on three categories of workers in all 36 states – primary and secondary school teachers, midwives and secretariat workers – while attention was paid to ascertain if retirees level were receiving pensions as at when due.

Faleye said BudgIT discovered that 12 states are yet to offset the amount owed secondary school teachers fully and that many states are threatening workers to keep the information away from public domain.

The report reads: “Notable among states with outstanding liabilities to secondary teachers is Osun and Kogi state.

“Osun State has been paying secondary school teachers above level 8 only a fraction of their salaries and entitlement for the last 30 months.

“Cumulatively, Osun state is owing secondary school teachers above level 8 about 15 months salary.

“Other states with outstanding liabilities to states include Abia, Benue, Bayelsa, Kwara, Imo, Ekiti, Oyo, Ondo and Zamfara.

“Kogi State, for instance, is owing teachers about 13 months salaries according to the response given by secondary school teachers during the survey.

“Midwives, whose responsibility includes attending to issues around pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum, women’s sexual and reproductive health and newborn care – are also bugged down by issues including failure of some state to pay salaries and emolument as at when due.

“Midwives were questioned during the survey across the 36 states. BudgIT discovered that 10 states are owing midwives salaries as at close of business on September 24, 2018.

“Delta, Imo, Abia, Osun, Plateau, Bayelsa, Ekiti and 11 other states owe Pensioners entitlement ranging from 1 month to 36 months.

“Almost all pensioners expressed how unhappy they are, their dissatisfaction with the government and how hard it has been for them to survive despite years of hard work up into service

“BudgIT hereby ask States to offset outstanding liabilities to its workers and pensioners as funds in form of bailout estimated to be in the region of N1.8 trillion have been issues to states to offset all outstanding liabilities owe workers.”

Re: . by hammer6F: 10:59pm On Oct 08, 2018
onuebonyi:
This is the kind of stuff some states in the SE should be discussing as election approaches. No one is interested.

Take ur dusty ass off this thread with that bootleg.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by onuebonyi: 11:01pm On Oct 08, 2018
hammer6F:

It is better than arguing who is Igbo and who is not. Lol

Re: . by BankeSmalls(f): 11:02pm On Oct 08, 2018
onuebonyi:
This is the kind of stuff some states in the SE should be discussing as election approaches. No one is interested until the same incompetent fellows are re elected particularly in Abia state.

BudgIT has again raised alarm that some states are yet to fully offset the outstanding amount owed pensioners and civil servants despite series of N1.8trillion bailouts.

BudgIT is a civic organization that uses tech tools to simplify the budget and public spending to raise the standard of transparency and accountability in government.

On Sunday, Ayomide Faleye, BudgIT head of communication, released a report of a recently conducted survey aimed at ascertaining the frequency and magnitude of challenges civil servants and pensioners are encountering.

The report sent to us explained that the survey focused on three categories of workers in all 36 states – primary and secondary school teachers, midwives and secretariat workers – while attention was paid to ascertain if retirees level were receiving pensions as at when due.

Faleye said BudgIT discovered that 12 states are yet to offset the amount owed secondary school teachers fully and that many states are threatening workers to keep the information away from public domain.

The report reads: “Notable among states with outstanding liabilities to secondary teachers is Osun and Kogi state.

“Osun State has been paying secondary school teachers above level 8 only a fraction of their salaries and entitlement for the last 30 months.

“Cumulatively, Osun state is owing secondary school teachers above level 8 about 15 months salary.

“Other states with outstanding liabilities to states include Abia, Benue, Bayelsa, Kwara, Imo, Ekiti, Oyo, Ondo and Zamfara.

“Kogi State, for instance, is owing teachers about 13 months salaries according to the response given by secondary school teachers during the survey.

“Midwives, whose responsibility includes attending to issues around pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum, women’s sexual and reproductive health and newborn care – are also bugged down by issues including failure of some state to pay salaries and emolument as at when due.

“Midwives were questioned during the survey across the 36 states. BudgIT discovered that 10 states are owing midwives salaries as at close of business on September 24, 2018.

“Delta, Imo, Abia, Osun, Plateau, Bayelsa, Ekiti and 11 other states owe Pensioners entitlement ranging from 1 month to 36 months.

“Almost all pensioners expressed how unhappy they are, their dissatisfaction with the government and how hard it has been for them to survive despite years of hard work up into service

“BudgIT hereby ask States to offset outstanding liabilities to its workers and pensioners as funds in form of bailout estimated to be in the region of N1.8 trillion have been issues to states to offset all outstanding liabilities owe workers.”

Wait. Why should it be SE discussing this problem and not the entire 17 states mentioned?

Make una come see mischief o

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by superlightning: 11:02pm On Oct 08, 2018
onuebonyi:
Dumb clown lol

I am not talking about other states. I asked you to give us news about your useless ABIA STATE..

All have been arguing all day like a mad man. I am very sure you are jobless.

Since my abia is "useless", why are you interested in a useless state?

Drowning boy.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 08, 2018
onuebonyi:
I am a regular visitor to PH, it's purely an Igbo city. The city is liberal and accommodating. The investments of Igbos in PH is greater than everything i have seen in the SE.

That means you are surrounded by Ndigbo not Ndikwerre. I know Ikwerri people here in Lagos, we discuss Igbo matters together, they even support the division of Nigeria sometimes but they always correct you when you call them igbos. Maybe they want to be recognized as an ethnic group ( I don't know for sure ) but, that is their business. As for the number of Igbo investments, you need to come to Lagos to see the massive investments owned by Ndigbo here. If you don't know, Lagos has the highest number and concentration of indigenous industries in Nigeria of which Igbos own a lot of them but, that does not make Lagos Igboland.

3 Likes

Re: . by superlightning: 11:04pm On Oct 08, 2018
BankeSmalls:

Wait. Why should it be SE discussing this problem and not the entire 17 states mentioned?

Don't mind the chichidodo..... We know his agenda. He feeds on attention.

He should go and form his "anambra only" thread.

1 Like

Re: . by onuebonyi: 11:04pm On Oct 08, 2018
Give us updates on development in the state and stop arguing endlessly here. You have been on this thread in the past one week without blinking only arguing meaninglessly.

superlightning:

Since my abia is "useless", why are you interested in a useless state?

Drowning boy.
Re: . by onuebonyi: 11:05pm On Oct 08, 2018
Since SE states are there we should discuss it

BankeSmalls:

Re: . by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 08, 2018
BankeSmalls:

This your experience in Ukwu Ani happened only once, but you have written hundreds of times to so much audience about it that it might seem that your intention is to keep broadcasting it every second to cause mor e friction even to those who don't know about it.

What's your real intentions? Tell us the truth so we can help save you.

Save who? It is people like you that carry Ikwerre matter for head like gala that needs saving.
Re: . by superlightning: 11:06pm On Oct 08, 2018
hammer6F:

Correct jaare..... Kick out the narcissist.
Re: . by hammer6F: 11:06pm On Oct 08, 2018
pazienza,

WE CANNOT LEAVE PEOPLE THAT COMFORTABLY CUT OIL PRODUCING PART OF IGBO LAND INTO THEIR STATE SIMPLY BECOS THEY CAN.

DID THEY TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE OPINIONS OF THE IGBOS?

TODAY THEIR SON HAVE KILLED OUR AIRPORT IN FAVOUR OF PORT HARCOURT.

WE MUST NEVER LEAVE THEM. THEY ARE A POLITICS THAT WE MUST PLAY.

1 Like

Re: . by BankeSmalls(f): 11:07pm On Oct 08, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

That means you are surrounded by Ndigbo not Ndikwerre. I know Ikwerri people here in Lagos, we discuss Igbo matters together, they even support the division of Nigeria sometimes but they always correct you when you call them igbos. Maybe they want to be recognized as an ethnic group ( I don't know for sure ) but, that is their business. As for the number of Igbo investments, you need to come to Lagos to see the massive investments owned by Ndigbo here. If you don't know, Lagos has the highest number and concentration of indigenous industries in Nigeria of which Igbos own a lot of them but, that does not make Lagos Igboland.

The Ikwerres must have paid you to be saying this on the Internet daily since they can't get to the Internet. That's your own reality. I know a lot of ikwerres who respects Igbos and Nnamdi Kanu and are active members of IPOB .

Different realities.

2 Likes

Re: . by superlightning: 11:07pm On Oct 08, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

Save who? It is people like you that carry Ikwerre matter for head like gala that needs saving.

She didnt ask you for any "saving" did she?

1 Like

Re: . by BankeSmalls(f): 11:09pm On Oct 08, 2018
onuebonyi:
Since SE states are there we should discuss it

And SS states are not there? You said only SE should discuss it?

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 08, 2018
onuebonyi:

lol They will come and defend Abia now with pics of Aba that look like Ketu and Mile12. That Ikpeazu of a man must be sent back home in 2019

2 Likes

Re: . by superlightning: 11:10pm On Oct 08, 2018
onuebonyi:
Give us updates on development in the state and stop arguing endlessly here. You have been on this thread in the past one week without blinking only arguing meaninglessly.

Then leave me and my abia state alone, na by force? Must I listen to you? Go and look for another state to rub shoulders with.

1 Like

Re: . by onuebonyi: 11:11pm On Oct 08, 2018
Everywhere you turn in PH you must see someone speaking Igbo. At times you will be looking for the so called Rivers people you won't see them. Igbos are everywhere in the city. I feel at home each time i am in the city.

Here is one of the numerous Genesis investments in PH

nnamdijonathan:

4 Likes

Re: . by BankeSmalls(f): 11:11pm On Oct 08, 2018
hammer6F:
pazienza,

WE CANNOT LEAVE PEOPLE THAT COMFORTABLY CUT OIL PRODUCING PART OF IGBO LAND INTO THEIR STATE SIMPLY BECOS THEY CAN.

DID THEY TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE OPINIONS OF THE IGBOS?

TODAY THEIR SON HAVE KILLED OUR AIRPORT IN FAVOUR OF PORT HARCOURT.

WE MUST NEVER LEAVE THEM. THEY ARE A POLITICS THAT WE MUST PLAY.

Go and beat them na grin
Armchair General.

3 Likes

Re: . by onuebonyi: 11:11pm On Oct 08, 2018
Shut up, do what i asked you to do.

superlightning:

Then leave me and my abia state alone, na by force? Must I listen to you? Go and look for another state to rub shoulders with.
Re: . by hammer6F: 11:13pm On Oct 08, 2018
BankeSmalls:

Go and beat them na grin
Armchair General.

We have wat it takes to humble them, if we choose.

Person like me was groomed to deal with Afonja and Aboki.

Ikwere and Ika Igbos are crayfish case.
Re: . by superlightning: 11:13pm On Oct 08, 2018
BankeSmalls:

And SS states are not there? You said only SE should discuss it?

Don't mind the expired fish. He wants to badmouth abians and glorify his state. Anu na-gbaala uka.
Re: . by NonsoWow: 11:14pm On Oct 08, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

lol They will come and defend Abia now with pics of Aba that look like Ketu and Mile12. That Ikpeazu of a man must be sent back home in 2019
Honestly, Aba should be burned to the ground. That blighted town is fit only for pigs.
Re: . by BankeSmalls(f): 11:14pm On Oct 08, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

What will we defend Bayelsa and Delta states that are on the same list with? THAT they Look like Modakeke cheesy

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 08, 2018
onuebonyi:
Everywhere you turn in PH you must see someone speaking Igbo. At times you will be looking for the so called Rivers people you won't see them. Igbos are everywhere in the city. I feel at home each time i am in the city.

I understand you sha. Let's see how this Igbo thing continues to play till 2023
Re: . by onuebonyi: 11:15pm On Oct 08, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

Hehehehe

My problem is that our people will leave substance and will be discussing irrelevant things. Was it Ikwerre people that put Abia in this condition? NO. Tomorrow we shall start crying of zero infrastructures but we cannot elect the right people like in the case of Abia state.

1 Like

Re: . by BankeSmalls(f): 11:16pm On Oct 08, 2018
NonsoWow:
Honestly, Aba should be burned to the ground. That blighted town is fit only for pigs.

True, all afonja states should also be burnt to the ground before diseases and epidemic kill all of them.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 08, 2018
BankeSmalls:

Go and beat them na grin Armchair General.
wetin they worry u and armchair self?
Re: . by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 08, 2018
hammer6F:

We have wat it takes to humble them, if we choose.
Person like me was groomed to deal with Afonja and Aboki.
Ikwere and Ika Igbos are crayfish case.
don't mention Ika here again
Re: . by hammer6F: 11:17pm On Oct 08, 2018
onuebonyi:

That city is full of armed robbers and cultist.

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.