Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

. - Politics (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (586066 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by achi4u(m): 9:50pm On Aug 11, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Odenigbo Aroli dei!
Ifyalways is still here, Onlytruth is my friend on FB and Dede1 is probably inactive. Oh, when Nairaland was brimming with abundance knowledge and civility...chai

I see Umahi means business.
Chai!
Those guys made here another school of thought.
Very educative and hilarious at the same time.

OK thanks Bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by achi4u(m): 10:09pm On Aug 11, 2018
Abagworo:

In Nigeria people refer to an area with vegetation as undeveloped.
I understand what you mean perfectly, yes because if don't plant flowers or trees in a way it will grow and can be maintained orderly then what you have is a mini bush that can hide that ur beautiful mansions, the schools, Church and even the marketplace then you already living in under develop area.
Visitors can hardly appreciate the beauty of ur towns etc...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by achi4u(m): 10:18pm On Aug 11, 2018
selemempe:
i tell u o bro. We have hundred of acres of fallow 'community lands' in enugu. Why not plant various cash crops on them. We would have a big agric gdp plus a green state.

How costly can it be...compared to wat can be gained from it
No. Our Governors are only concerned about their 4 years tenure then the state can go to hell.
Those cash crops OMANBALA1 listed are just a few but today we wait 'aki oyibo' from Ghana, we wait for 'oji' kola nut from ala Yoruba and the list continue...
We shouldn't just blame our people for lack of foresight rather we blame the govt because they have the resources and manpower to do anything.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Cjrane2: 10:26pm On Aug 11, 2018
selemempe:
i tell u o bro. We have hundred of acres of fallow 'community lands' in enugu. Why not plant various cash crops on them. We would have a big agric gdp plus a green state.

How costly can it be...compared to wat can be gained from it

@the bolded, that is why there is so much poverty in Nigeria. People leave resources they could benefit from and look for oil and other resources they will not benefit from.
Our people dont believe in making effort to plant anything. They only want the trees already there which God planted centuries ago grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Cjrane2: 10:40pm On Aug 11, 2018
Abagworo:

Let's leave politics out of this to prevent the usual deadlock associated with politicizing Igbo issues. Okorocha will soon leave and even if he does not get it rolling, we now have the infrastructure while we seek for runway extension and the political pronouncement.

Oga,

Read my name again. I have told you guys i don't care about petty local politics, my concern is the overall development of Igboland and for us to recognize Nigeria for what it is and not what we wish it to be.

Yes, It is very good to build the cargo warehouses, you can even build a brand new terminal building larger than Abuja airport terminal. It is ok.
However, without the FG officially gazetting of the airport to approve cargo operations and extension of the runway to encourage international airlines to operate into the airport safely, the warehouses or massive terminal building are useless if the cargo planes don't come. Thats all i'm saying. Do what will bring the planes first, then worry about terminal buildings and cargo buildings

At least, Rochas is lucky to belong to the ruling party as the FG. He has good relationship with Buhari. So he could ask his friend a little favor to officially gazette the airport now that APC controls the center and IMO state. It will be their powerful legacy in Igboland which will be undeniable.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Xander85: 10:45pm On Aug 11, 2018
selemempe:
wat about the actual cargo airport?

Heheheheheh grin grin grin

For that one, proper money is required from the federal gov't! wink
Re: . by BabaRamota1980: 10:59pm On Aug 11, 2018
Cjrane2:

Oga,

Read my name again. I have told you guys i don't care about petty local politics, my concern is the overall development of Igboland and for us to recognize Nigeria for what it is and not what we wish it to be.

Yes, It is very good to build the cargo warehouses, you can even build a brand new terminal building larger than Abuja airport terminal. It is ok.
However, without the FG officially gazetting of the airport to approve cargo operations and extension of the runway to encourage international airlines to operate into the airport safely, the warehouses or massive terminal building are useless if the cargo planes don't come. Thats all i'm saying. Do what will bring the planes first, then worry about terminal buildings and cargo buildings

At least, Rochas is lucky to belong to the ruling party as the FG. He has good relationship with Buhari. So he could ask his friend a little favor to officially gazette the airport now that APC controls the center and IMO state. It will be their powerful legacy in Igboland which will be undeniable.

Dude, don't volunteer what you cannot deliver.

The cargo port you guys are talking about is meant to be regional. FG will never built 5 cargo ports one for each state, particularly in a region with short cross-span. Buhari wants regional victory in SE and you ask Okorocha to approach him fraternally to approve cargo port in Imo. Guess what Buhari will say? How does other governors and leaders in SE feel? In return for approval what will they yield?

Can you deliver what Buhari wants?
Re: . by selemempe: 11:06pm On Aug 11, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

The cargo port you guys are talking about is meant to be regional. FG will never built 5 cargo ports one for each state, particularly in a region with short cross-span. Buhari wants regional victory in SE and you ask Okorocha to approach him fraternally to approve cargo port in Imo. Guess what Buhari will say? How does other governors and leaders in SE feel? In return for approval what will they yield?

shame on u bro.

See as u just said it as if its moral. So Mr. Integrity will not do the right thing unless we deliver SE to him? Kinda reminds me of satan.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Chuksdiesterase: 11:11pm On Aug 11, 2018
This is interesting
Attached is professor Christian Onybuchi Chukwu

Re: . by Cjrane2: 11:22pm On Aug 11, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

You people are shameless. You must blackmail them to get Federal presence? What about those that have been voting APC in Imo state? Don't they deserve some encouragement to atleast say it was because of them that APC did something positive in Imo state? You can keep your cargo runway. Exactly as IMO Airport was built without FG, we shall build that Cargo airport ourselves. This is the same wicked attitude Buhari and APC used to wipe out, instead of grow their support base in the SE after 2015. You can keep all your projects away from the SE, it still has not made you better off or has it?

Buhari owes some of his supporters in the SE including Rochas something to save their face as APC people. Rochas was promised Igbo Presidency and he too daft to see it's all a scam. Besides, Buhari can ONLY get support in the SE by being a true statesman not by holding people to ransom. People will come back to him if he is fair and not because he compels them through threat of blackmail not to approve their airport or road projects. It gives them even more incentive to vote for the opposition who will give them a sense of belonging in Nigeria.

I don't expect you to understand what i'm saying because your hearts are filled with hate against Ndigbo. So again, i tell you truly, Buhari can keep his approval. In time, the airport will still be built without his help.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by BabaRamota1980: 11:41pm On Aug 11, 2018
Cjrane2:

You people are shameless. You must blackmail them to get Federal presence? What about those that have been voting APC in Imo state? Don't they deserve some encouragement to atleast say it was because of them that APC did something positive in Imo state? You can keep your cargo runway. Exactly as IMO Airport was built without FG, we shall build that Cargo airport ourselves. This is the same wicked attitude Buhari and APC used to wipe out, instead of grow their support base in the SE after 2015. You can keep all your projects away from the SE, it still has not made you better off or has it?

Buhari owes some of his supporters in the SE including Rochas something to save their face as APC people. Rochas was promised Igbo Presidency and he too daft to see it's all a scam. Besides, Buhari can ONLY get support in the SE by being a true statesman not by holding people to ransom. People will come back to him if he is fair and not because he compels them through threat of blackmail not to approve their airport or road projects. It gives them even more incentive to vote for the opposition who will give them a sense of belonging in Nigeria.

I don't expect you to understand what i'm saying because your hearts are filled with hate against Ndigbo. So again, i tell you truly, Buhari can keep his approval. In time, the airport will still be built without his help.

This is the error you guys keep making over and over. Politics and morality do not go together. There is nothing called shame in politics.

You negotiate what you need....in other words, you give something so you get something back.

I highlighted that point of Okorocha going to Buhari for a reason.

Why did you feel Okorocha can just throw his friendship in Buhari face and get a cargo port approval?
Re: . by hammer6F: 12:04am On Aug 12, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

This is the error you guys keep making over and over. Politics and morality do not go together. There is nothing called shame in politics.

You negotiate what you need....in other words, you give something so you get something back.

Why did you feel Okorocha can just throw his friendship in Buhari face and get a cargo port approval?

Actually, cargo port was GEJ approval and construction but Buhari took it over.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by selemempe: 2:21am On Aug 12, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

politics and morality go together...not just for u Yoruba folks tho. U guys have no morality.

When America banned slavery, it was a moral decision. They knew they would lose billions...but it was the right thing to do.

When u.k and france ended their african colonial campain it was moralistic.

When the igbos stood by the ss during the resouce control fight, it was moralistic.
Now that igbos are standing by the middle belt against fulani terrorists it is still moralistic.
When obj, a yoro xtian sent soldiers to kill ppl in odi, it was immoral
When awolowo blockaded biafra and starved little kids to death, it was immoral and it reminded us the type of demons u ppl are.

Of course we the igbos will keep playing moral politics. We will keep rejecting a sharia activist, coupist, civil war criminal and closet terrorist even if he drops osinbajo for roachas in 2019. The reason is that we are civilised people...u guys are not. Islam really destroyed the conscience of the west.

I hope ur region is now african dubai-taiwan with all the backbitting politics u have been playing in nigeria. Otherwise, u lost ur soul for nought. Nuff said

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Dreamkiller: 3:18am On Aug 12, 2018
I have noticed that most of you who claim to be igbos are neither residing here or are too blind to see these things.

i still haven't seen anywhere in the bible that says polygamy is a sin. The Hausa man lacks ambition, and it's nobody's fault but theirs. Igbos having a high population means that we can produce and consume more goods and services leading to economic growth.

population growth lead to advancement in technology that leaves countries better of than it is, population growth is correlated to technological advancement, there are technological changes in other to meet the demand for certain goods and services, there is also a large labour force, increase in labour and low cost of labour means rise in employment. (coal &hoover 1958)

if this guys had a good land and indulge all in agriculture, they will beat us hands down but the northerners are lazy. I see people of 30 to 40 walking round with no skills at all only skills is cutting nails.

secondly, an Igbo population growth population will create urbanization, because population and urbanization go together, companies can produce goods in larger numbers and more cheaply too. so many companies benefit from an increase in population growth, and are always targeting urban areas (friedbeing and Hart 1995)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Dreamkiller: 3:35am On Aug 12, 2018
the igbos being a minority with this low birth rate is what's plaguing us right now, then add that with the killing of so called Christians in the north.

I can equate having more kids to having a better life, to further your education is not worth it but having a professional skill is worth more than a university career

is college worth it?
https://books.google.com.ng/books?id=R5ZQ-m8ZDFIC&pg=PA40&lpg=PA40&dq=is+furtherance+of+education+worth+it&source=bl&ots=AHf3fljQYr&sig=4mnkjRh77JmuU7yO5s2QNCAU0TU&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwid-OK9uubcAhUJvxoKHW5UCskQ6AEwCXoECAEQAQ#v=onepage&q=is%20furtherance%20of%20education%20worth%20it&f=false

everything you've been told about education is false, this shows that you can't all send you're children to universities but you can turn them to useful citizens, to the other guy who ask me if I'll send my kids all to school, I think the igbos have a model for that, where you get help from your senior bro that has made it already by serving him for seven years then after that he helps you stand on your own.

that was the model used to sustain our population growth in the past, don't forget we practiced polygamy in the past.

the book I posted above is just to show you that the white men are realizing that college is not worth it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/why-higher-education-has-little-incentive-to-deliver-better-value/2018/03/08/a02684e0-224a-11e8-94da-ebf9d112159c_story.html?utm_term=.912e67429460&noredirect=on

another post by the new York times is here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/16/opinion/college-useful-cost-jobs.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by BabaRamota1980: 3:45am On Aug 12, 2018
hammer6F:

Actually, cargo port was GEJ approval and construction but Buhari took it over.

There are three ways to survive political isolation in Nigeria.

1. Opposition
2. Self sufficiency
3. Alliance

Opposition, not in the sense that you denigrate and attack the ruling power...but rather, disrupting consolidation of power in the ruler's hand. This is what Awo did to be out of power but remain a power.

Self-sufficiency, face-your-front type politics. Stay out of target range from the occassional missile fired from seat of power. Tinubu style.

Alliance is for those who are incapable of the first two. Alliance does not mean standing on same faith or having same ideology. Alliance means identifying a task to be accomplished, finding those that will do the task and reaching an agreement with them. Buhari could not win at the polls so he found partners that can get him victory. In return his partners acquired new powers for themselves.

SE had great opportunity in 2015 to go in opposition and position itself to disrupt APC power.

Your opportunity to be self sufficient was ruined in Afaraukwu.

Only option left is Alliance. You need to identify your task/s and reach to those who can make it happen.
Re: . by spyder880(m): 6:03am On Aug 12, 2018
Nnebisi Road, Asaba, Delta state.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 6:05am On Aug 12, 2018
Oga Abagworo, we need to see Imo state beautiful pictures o, please give us plenty.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Abagworo(m): 6:07am On Aug 12, 2018
Dreamkiller:
the igbos being a minority with this low birth rate is what's plaguing us right now, then add that with the killing of so called Christians in the north.

I can equate having more kids to having a better life, to further your education is not worth it but having a professional skill is worth more than a university career

is college worth it?
https://books.google.com.ng/books?id=R5ZQ-m8ZDFIC&pg=PA40&lpg=PA40&dq=is+furtherance+of+education+worth+it&source=bl&ots=AHf3fljQYr&sig=4mnkjRh77JmuU7yO5s2QNCAU0TU&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwid-OK9uubcAhUJvxoKHW5UCskQ6AEwCXoECAEQAQ#v=onepage&q=is%20furtherance%20of%20education%20worth%20it&f=false

everything you've been told about education is false, this shows that you can't all send you're children to universities but you can turn them to useful citizens, to the other guy who ask me if I'll send my kids all to school, I think the igbos have a model for that, where you get help from your senior bro that has made it already by serving him for seven years then after that he helps you stand on your own.

that was the model used to sustain our population growth in the past, don't forget we practiced polygamy in the past.

the book I posted above is just to show you that the white men are realizing that college is not worth it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/why-higher-education-has-little-incentive-to-deliver-better-value/2018/03/08/a02684e0-224a-11e8-94da-ebf9d112159c_story.html?utm_term=.912e67429460&noredirect=on

another post by the new York times is here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/16/opinion/college-useful-cost-jobs.html

Igboland especially Anambra and Imo State is already highly saturated in terms of population density. Have you ever tried to view Nigeria on google earth to notice that almost the entire half North of Imo State and half South of Anambra is already more built up than some places considered as cities. Mind you this area also has the highest number based outside Igboland which means if they didn't migrate in droves it would have been a serious disaster already. Check these screenshots of Edo/Delta boundary, Lagos/Ogun boundary and Imo/Anambra boundary.

3 Likes

Re: . by spyder880(m): 6:07am On Aug 12, 2018
More pictures of Asaba

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 6:12am On Aug 12, 2018
African flags at the Stephen Okechukwu Keshi stadium in Asaba.........

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 6:16am On Aug 12, 2018
The stadium from the outside........

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 6:21am On Aug 12, 2018
Inside, the state box.........

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by bestviewer: 6:22am On Aug 12, 2018
Delta State adigo mma mehn cool

1 Like

Re: . by spyder880(m): 6:23am On Aug 12, 2018
The main bowl.........

I wished I came with my running shoes and track suit, this place makes you feel like running. ...... grin cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 6:30am On Aug 12, 2018
Everything still in clean and minty conditions. .........

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 12, 2018
Ututu oma Umu nnem,

Aerial shot of Stephen keshi stadium Asaba.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by whirlwind7(m): 9:05am On Aug 12, 2018
selemempe:
politics and morality go together...not just for u Yoruba folks tho. U guys have no morality.

When America banned slavery, it was a moral decision. They knew they would lose billions...but it was the right thing to do.

When u.k and france ended their african colonial campain it was moralistic.

When the igbos stood by the ss during the resouce control fight, it was moralistic.
Now that igbos are standing by the middle belt against fulani terrorists it is still moralistic.
When obj, a yoro xtian sent soldiers to kill ppl in odi, it was immoral
When awolowo blockaded biafra and starved little kids to death, it was immoral and it reminded us the type of demons u ppl are.

Of course we the igbos will keep playing moral politics. We will keep rejecting a sharia activist, coupist, civil war criminal and closet terrorist even if he drops osinbajo for roachas in 2019. The reason is that we are civilised people...u guys are not. Islam really destroyed the conscience of the west.

I hope ur region is now african dubai-taiwan with all the backbitting politics u have been playing in nigeria. Otherwise, u lost ur soul for nought. Nuff said

Your post sent a chill down my spine.

See, I have never viewed the situation this way. Not saying you are wrong or right, though.
Just that what you posted made me view certain situations in the past in a new light, from a different perspective.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 11:01am On Aug 12, 2018
arinzeejikonye:
Ututu oma Umu nnem,

Aerial shot of Stephen keshi stadium Asaba.

Beautiful!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 11:06am On Aug 12, 2018
When a relative of mine who knows this thread told me he lives at the highest point in Enugu, I doubted him. And so I paid him a visit in his house at the top of Ngwo hills, not in Ngwo town but from Old GRA Enugu. The following pictures are what I came down with.

Climbing to his house was very challenging, a frightful experience if you are not used to climbing but lots of people are living here, even the rich with good buildings. The place is really close to the city centre.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 11:20am On Aug 12, 2018
Many parts of Old GRA, till Ogui road areas......

Some parts of Upper Akwata, Ogbete street, and those old small colonial quarters. .......

6 Likes

Re: . by spyder880(m): 11:35am On Aug 12, 2018
You can see most of Ogbete main market, Old park and Holy Ghost areas up till P&T quarters. .....

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.