Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

. - Politics (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (586070 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by spyder880(m): 11:40am On Aug 12, 2018
More.....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 11:45am On Aug 12, 2018
Ogbete market,

Farther, I can even see some parts of Uwani, Achara layout. ........

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 11:48am On Aug 12, 2018
You can see the notorious 140 bedded ward of the UNTH, and the Coal Camp embankment. .......

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 11:51am On Aug 12, 2018
Enugu is a very beautiful city.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 11:52am On Aug 12, 2018
The third and fourth pictures are of Mbanugo area of Coal Camp, Asata mine road, Depot and the former shooting range..........

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 12:05pm On Aug 12, 2018
I have studied the inner streets of Enugu using google maps and I noticed that most of the city "Inner" roads are tarred. How was the various Enugu governments able to do this when other Igbo state governors are struggling to do the same?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by mightguy(m): 12:16pm On Aug 12, 2018
horsepower101:
I have studied the inner streets of Enugu using google maps and I noticed that most of the city "Inner" roads are tarred. How was the various Enugu governments able to do this when other Igbo state governors are struggling to do the same?
yes my broda. Another thing I observed is they love planting trees around their houses.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 1:04pm On Aug 12, 2018
Obosi, Anambra state.........

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Ikenna0b: 1:25pm On Aug 12, 2018
Cjrane2:

GBAM!

The people we are asked to copy have run down a wealthy nation like Nigeria. Stolen all the wealth to northern Nigeria, yet remained the poorest region in the world. They cannot stand the Igbos in 30 days of serious warfare if they didn't get help and arms supplied by Britain etc.

We must not copy the folly of Fulanis in things like breeding children they cannot take care of. It is silly and against Igbo tradition and civilization. The same Fulanis have tried everything in their power to marginalize and destroy Igbos for decades, yet they could not. Even when Igbos decided not to retaliate and push forward with building a "One Nigeria" for all. That is where our own silliness is bigger than stupidity of other Nigerians. We have fed ourselves bogus lies about Nigeria and have failed to wake up from those fake illusions we conjured about Nigeria inspite of glaring evidence to the contrary.

The question every Igboman should ask himself today is "Who benefits more from my sweat and business?" Is it my homeland in Igboland or the same Fulani and some Yoruba collaborators that have left no stone unturned to annihilate and impoverish me and my relatives. If something happened in Nigeria today and i am forced to suddenly leave this place, do i have enough wealth elsewhere not to end up a poor man for the rest of my life? If after a careful assessment, you realize that you are working for your enemies to benefit from your sweat by simply issuing a "QUIT NOTICE", then you must take steps to redress it ASAP!

As other Nigerians do, Igbos should learn to patronize their own. Buy with pride products of factories based in Igboland, use banks that have Igbos in their highest positions or better owned by Igbos, invest in businesses that will profit you and help our people overcome the dangerous dependence on Fulani herdsmen for food and animal protein.

The time to think strategically and pool resources together to benefit yourself, your family, your state, your homeland and your people has come.

Igbos be alert and strategic in your thinking and actions today. Tomorrow might be too late for us to reverse all these mistakes we have been making thinking of Nigeria as perpetually "One Country". There are several reasons to see that it is indeed false hope that we have fed ourselves for decades.

Let us wake up and have a deep re-think.

Nkwucha abughi ujo !
Taa bu gboo!

This has got to be the best post I read on NL. What I don't understand is why some Igbos have yet to realize this? I honestly feel zero pity for any Igbo with property outside of Igboland. If history didn't teach them anything, nothing will. Let them continue decieving themselves with one Niggeria. The person to lose it all because of their own hallucinations is them. The Igbos up north caught a glimpse of that last year. Any Igbo up north whom still decieving themselves in oneness in that country is a huge fool in my honest opinion.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Ikenna0b: 1:31pm On Aug 12, 2018
Dreamkiller:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU

Igbos you need to start practicing polygamy, your population is dwindling fast. the north agenda is to keep up breeding kids until they take over the country and enact laws that the the majority will have a say. check out Syria,Lebanon,iraq, turkey. they all had Christians but where are they now. they've been chased out by Muslims by persecution.

polygamy is the best thing for igbos, let's check this out, there are more women than men if all the men decide to marry then they'll still be women remaining who won't be able to marry if it's all about monogamy.
this women need to be looked after.

polygamy is not about men looking for wives but rather about women needing husbands.

secondly there's no place in the Bible that condemns polygamy, there are so many sisters in church without husbands getting old, this is necessary to save these women. the number of wives a man has is not a standard of holiness. John the Baptist father was a priest and served in the temple, he had two wives.

if you go to igboland, you'll see prostitutes everywhere, the truth is that these women will never marry. Is it not better to marry 2 or 3 wives that to indulge in extra marital affair, since extra marital affair is a sin before God and man.

In recent times we've seen NGO's come to Igbo land to share ideas about family planning I.e how to kill our babies but they never teach us on how to get babies considering most Igbo women are barren because thy enter marriage at an older age than other tribe before you know it, they enter menopause, so is the man supposed to freeze because his wife entered menopause early.

The NGO's in Igbo land are all about distributing truckloads of condoms every three months but they never do that in the north because it's rejected but they instead share food and clothing instead. The packet of condoms that they share in the east are 100 inside. this has stunted our growth as a tribe. If the igbos are willing to correct this trend, they need to start now.

When the children of Israel were in Egypt, they didn't use family planning neither did they use condoms, they were so populated that Pharaoh was afraid.

if we were not a minority, we won't be played by this country called Nigeria. we would become so many that when we enter a place we can never be resisted. sometimes I begin to believe that 10℅ statement.

The only solution to our marginalization is having more kids, let's start with five first. when I was young I used to hear that the child was brought up by the community. you don't need to have money, we can all help each other it should be a community thing. Everyone need to work together.

I was in the spirit when I was writing but i mistakenly deleted it so that's why it's cut and join. I couldn't go back to the way I wanted the write up to be and I don't write them down it just flows.

lastly I'm ready to debate anyone that says polygamy is banned in the bible.
uchesecondus.

read this link below and you'll know this senator was telling the truth but he was mocked for it.

https://www.nairaland.com/333388/imagine-senator-laments-low-birth

the truth is the Igbo can not risk being a minority in Nigeria.

Wtf is wrong with you?

In what way will such a thing progress Igbos?

You are aware that giving birth to children carelessly breeds nothing but poverty, and undevelopment?

There's a reason why despite the North repeatedly stole the wealth of the country and pushed that shit to their side likewise held the power of this shithole, they are still the most poverty ridden in the country despite all the advantages they stole and gave themselves.

What you're suggesting breeds underdevelopment and backwardness dude. Why should Igbo copy a region that can barely fucking feed themselves talkless of taking care of themselves. The Bleep?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Ikenna0b: 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2018
selemempe:
politics and morality go together...not just for u Yoruba folks tho. U guys have no morality.

When America banned slavery, it was a moral decision. They knew they would lose billions...but it was the right thing to do.

When u.k and france ended their african colonial campain it was moralistic.

When the igbos stood by the ss during the resouce control fight, it was moralistic.
Now that igbos are standing by the middle belt against fulani terrorists it is still moralistic.
When obj, a yoro xtian sent soldiers to kill ppl in odi, it was immoral
When awolowo blockaded biafra and starved little kids to death, it was immoral and it reminded us the type of demons u ppl are.

Of course we the igbos will keep playing moral politics. We will keep rejecting a sharia activist, coupist, civil war criminal and closet terrorist even if he drops osinbajo for roachas in 2019. The reason is that we are civilised people...u guys are not. Islam really destroyed the conscience of the west.

I hope ur region is now african dubai-taiwan with all the backbitting politics u have been playing in nigeria. Otherwise, u lost ur soul for nought. Nuff said

Another great post.
I think I'm going to park myself here. The conversation is intriguing

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Cjrane2: 1:39pm On Aug 12, 2018
horsepower101:

Enugu was also the capital of Eastern Region. It was well planned by our founding fathers and developed orderly.

Many cities in the SE today were hamlets or towns without any type of planning in 1960s. Worse still, the subsequent governments after independence paid ZERO attention to city planning and general decency of our cities. The result is what we have today.

We need to create NEW planned towns just outside the current cities because the cost of re-shaping the current cities into pallned cities will be too high in the number of demolitions that must occur. I commend Rochas Okorocha for creating NEW Owerri in the concorde hotel area and planned it as a modern city. Perhaps when Greenwood Estate Awka takes off, it will have the same ambiance if attention is paid to layouts planning with dual carriage roads as major access roads into the layout. Onitsha can do same and create modern new city along Nkwelle Ezunaka and towards Oba and Nteje axis. Aba can create a new city outside alaoji along Aba-PH expressway and another along Ikot-Ekene highway.

I am a little disappointed that Independence Layout Phase 2 Enugu was left to estate developers and they are currently making a mess of the brand new area. They are building beautiful homes quite alright, but they have distorted the roads masterplan by putting their gates haphazardly in the middle of main access roads and forcing traffic to divert. Currently, it is a mammoth task to get to the houses behind the Goshen estates through Enugu-PH expressway entrance. You have to access the area through tiny streets from Abakaliki road after the airport flyover exactly at by the NNPC depot junction in Emene! I sadly refused buying land there just because of difficult access to the place.
Again in Enugu, all the flyovers along Enugu-PH expressway have all sorts of illegal structures and even homes built inside the road ramp! Enugu state government must do what Anambra did at upper Iweka flyover by demolishing any illegal structures built within the ramp of a flyover. The area should be planted with trees and beautifies and not used as markets or prostitute brothels. These anomalies should be corrected now than wait for the future when they become too difficult and painful to fix.

SE governors MUST emulate Willie Obiano of Anambra in demolishing ANY structure that distorts the master plan of the city. People typically embark on such behavior of building illegal structures because they know that government will condone the structures and does not have enough commitment to decent city planning to demolish illegal structures.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by selemempe: 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

There are three ways to survive political isolation in Nigeria.

1. Opposition
2. Self sufficiency
3. Alliance

Opposition, not in the sense that you denigrate and attack the ruling power...but rather, disrupting consolidation of power in the ruler's hand. This is what Awo did to be out of power but remain a power.

Self-sufficiency, face-your-front type politics. Stay out of target range from the occassional missile fired from seat of power. Tinubu style.

Alliance is for those who are incapable of the first two. Alliance does not mean standing on same faith or having same ideology. Alliance means identifying a task to be accomplished, finding those that will do the task and reaching an agreement with them. Buhari could not win at the polls so he found partners that can get him victory. In return his partners acquired new powers for themselves.

SE had great opportunity in 2015 to go in opposition and position itself to disrupt APC power.

Your opportunity to be self sufficient was ruined in Afaraukwu.

Only option left is Alliance. You need to identify your task/s and reach to those who can make it happen.
since 1983 igbos have been politically isolated...we have survived fine. Rebuilt our cities destroyed by war. Reclaimed our position as education pace setters...reclaimed our position as commerce power house...we have done it all without any serious federal presence.

In 1967 gowon and awolowo created river state unilaterally...and by so doing, carved out p.h..our largest and richest city and gave it to the ijaws. Made our brothers the ikwerres to deny their igboness in order to get handouts from fg and ijaws...but we are still here. Igbo nation is still a force to be reckoned with.

Lets imagine wat Yorubas would be if they fight a war with fg and lose lagos. Lets just imagine it. Wat u would be if u have not been at the center since 1984...u are here giving ur betters political advice undecided

Dont be silly

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 6:14pm On Aug 12, 2018
Cjrane2:

Enugu was also the capital of Eastern Region. It was well planned by our founding fathers and developed orderly.

Many cities in the SE today were hamlets or towns without any type of planning in 1960s. Worse still, the subsequent governments after independence paid ZERO attention to city planning and general decency of our cities. The result is what we have today.

We need to create NEW planned towns just outside the current cities because the cost of re-shaping the current cities into pallned cities will be too high in the number of demolitions that must occur. I commend Rochas Okorocha for creating NEW Owerri in the concorde hotel area and planned it as a modern city. Perhaps when Greenwood Estate Awka takes off, it will have the same ambiance if attention is paid to layouts planning with dual carriage roads as major access roads into the layout. Onitsha can do same and create modern new city along Nkwelle Ezunaka and towards Oba and Nteje axis. Aba can create a new city outside alaoji along Aba-PH expressway and another along Ikot-Ekene highway.

I am a little disappointed that Independence Layout Phase 2 Enugu was left to estate developers and they are currently making a mess of the brand new area. They are building beautiful homes quite alright, but they have distorted the roads masterplan by putting their gates haphazardly in the middle of main access roads and forcing traffic to divert. Currently, it is a mammoth task to get to the houses behind the Goshen estates through Enugu-PH expressway entrance. You have to access the area through tiny streets from Abakaliki road after the airport flyover exactly at by the NNPC depot junction in Emene! I sadly refused buying land there just because of difficult access to the place.
Again in Enugu, all the flyovers along Enugu-PH expressway have all sorts of illegal structures and even homes built inside the road ramp! Enugu state government must do what Anambra did at upper Iweka flyover by demolishing any illegal structures built within the ramp of a flyover. The area should be planted with trees and beautifies and not used as markets or prostitute brothels. These anomalies should be corrected now than wait for the future when they become too difficult and painful to fix.

SE governors MUST emulate Willie Obiano of Anambra in demolishing ANY structure that distorts the master plan of the city. People typically embark on such behavior of building illegal structures because they know that government will condone the structures and does not have enough commitment to decent city planning to demolish illegal structures.

Good point but that still doesn’t explain the fact the inner streets are tarred. Are you trying to tell me that they tarred it back in the 50s and 60s and it has remained intact since then.

I am asking this very important question because we need to find out their secret. How was Enugu government able to afford to tar most inner streets when other igbo states are struggling to do the same?

The answer to this question will solve so many mysteries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 12, 2018
Bumped on these shots couple of months ago,

Close range CIC enugu and environs.

Gburugburu should remember that huge neglected hospital wallowing in decadence at asata sub.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 12, 2018
More

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by franco345(m): 8:25pm On Aug 12, 2018
horsepower101:

Good point but that still doesn’t explain the fact the inner streets are tarred. Are you trying to tell me that they tarred it back in the 50s and 60s and it has remained intact since then.

I am asking this very important question because we need to find out their secret. How was Enugu government able to afford to tar most inner streets when other igbo states are struggling to do the same?

The answer to this question will solve so many mysteries.
The answer to your question is simple.....
Enugu State government has been doing all this because Enugu State is in the hands of God.
Enugu is not a lucky State
we are a blessed State.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 8:28pm On Aug 12, 2018
franco345:
The answer to your question is simple.....
Enugu State government has been doing all this because Enugu State is in the hands of God.
Enugu is not a lucky State
we are a blessed State.

Of course it is but God didn’t come down to tar the roads. Lol.

Seriously we need to figure this out. What did they do differently?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 12, 2018
gwam gwam gwam....... gwam ndii ebea? ? ?

Credit - image Smith studios

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Cjrane2: 8:46pm On Aug 12, 2018
arinzeejikonye:
Ngwam Ngwam Ngwam....... Ngwam ndii ebea? ? ?

Enugu, Iva Valley estates opposite Golf estates

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 8:50pm On Aug 12, 2018
arinzeejikonye:
Ngwam Ngwam Ngwam....... Ngwam ndii ebea? ? ?

They should build a park around that stream.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 12, 2018
Abia and ebonyi governments ventured into mushroom production earlier, that of ebonyi has begun already

Courtesy ebonyi state government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Cjrane2: 8:56pm On Aug 12, 2018
horsepower101:

They should build a park around that stream.

Nwanne,

You and I think exactly alike! Wow! Almost what i wanted to say!

I like that they are developing the plots very well before selling to the public. The gutters must be carefully done and gentle flow of water into the Iva river. If not, when there is heavy rain, that area will be highly prone to erosion and landslide.

Planting a lot of trees on along the roads in that estate and along the bank of Iva River will help secure the environment from erosion.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 8:56pm On Aug 12, 2018
arinzeejikonye:
Abia and ebonyi governments ventured into mushroom production earlier, that of ebonyi has begun already

I didn’t know that there was demand for mushrooms locally... very interesting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Cjrane2: 9:00pm On Aug 12, 2018
arinzeejikonye:

All these agriculture based products should be encouraged. Also building factories to package these things in modern packaging packets for sale in Super Markets in Nigeria and abroad should be taken seriously to make the product of high quality even for export. That is how to make a business good paying and sustainable.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 12, 2018
Velite drink all the way from Aba to Abuja
Promoting made in aba, and made in Nigeria products.

If only we can have constant electricity.

How do we get rid of these myopic men of antiquity ,,to pave way for the incorruptible youthful inelligencier to take over leadership?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 9:05pm On Aug 12, 2018
Cjrane2:

All these agriculture based products should be encouraged. Also building factories to package these things in modern packaging packets for sale in Super Markets in Nigeria and abroad should be taken seriously to make the product of high quality even for export. That is how to make a business good paying and sustainable.

Agro-proceessing is the way to go. For all of us here that plan to venture into agriculture, make sure you have plans for processing your products.

My brother and I had a long conversation 2 days ago and we finally decided to invest in 2 places; Real estate and agriculture.

As for the agriculture part, we plan not just to be mere farmers but to also process our crops and animals for sales at local supermarket.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Xander85: 10:04pm On Aug 12, 2018
spyder880:
When a relative of mine who knows this thread told me he lives at the highest point in Enugu, I doubted him. And so I paid him a visit in his house at the top of Ngwo hills, not in Ngwo town but from Old GRA Enugu. The following pictures are what I came down with.

Climbing to his house was very challenging, a frightful experience if you are not used to climbing but lots of people are living here, even the rich with good buildings. The place is really close to the city centre.

They must be physically fit and healthy with all that mountain climbing and clean air! shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Xander85: 10:17pm On Aug 12, 2018
horsepower101:

I've noticed this as well. I think the concerted effort to construct inner-city streets started with Nnamani, and subsequent governors have built on it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Ofodirinwa: 11:42pm On Aug 12, 2018
spyder880:
This road has some solar system lighting, where is this?

this is so crude and ugly

1 Like

Re: . by Ofodirinwa: 12:20am On Aug 13, 2018
Cjrane2:

Building the warehouses are cool. But they are more like putting the cart before the horse. Two keys things must happen for cargo planes to land in Owerri, which are my two main concerns.

My two main concerns are:

1. When Okorocha wil utilize all he has done for Buhari and loyalty to his administration to get SMICA gazetted as an international airport.
2. When runway extension to 3KM will happen to allow large bodied cargo planes to land comfortably in the airport.

Unless these two critical pieces are done very quickly, building of 30 cargo storage rooms is a senseless investment because the plane will be unable to come without these key approval and runway extension done.

Okorocha has done well. This is the only refrigerated storage facility in the entirety of Nigeria. So even without planes using it, it's crucial for agriculture and medicine within the zoo of a country.
Re: . by ifyalways(f): 5:56am On Aug 13, 2018
achi4u :
, ifyalways etc?
I miss you all

Achi ofe grin I tinye "ke" nke a gbasalu gi cheesy

Ify dey o like dei-dei. Kedu ije? Udo.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.