Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

. - Politics (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (587038 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by pazienza(m): 4:58pm On Oct 21, 2018
Let's take a look at the 2018 budget clarification, with emphasis on parts that affects SE.

1 Like

Re: . by pazienza(m): 4:58pm On Oct 21, 2018
15.To give the exact detail of the projects where we made deductions, it should be noted that the counterpart funding for the Mambilla Power Plant, Second Niger Bridge/Ancillary roads, the East-West Road, Bonny-Bodo Road, Lagos-Ibadan Express Road and Itakpe-Ajaokuta Rail Project, was reduced by only N3,956,400,290 – which represents only 1.78 % of the total N222,569,335,924 submitted by President Buhari. This left these projects with N218,612,935,634 which cannot negatively affect their implementation. This obviously contradicts the claim that these projects lost “an aggregate of N11.5 billion”.
16. Specifically:
a. The counterpart Funding for 3050mw Mambilla Hydropower Project was reduced from N8.5billion to N8.2billion (a reduction of N300million);
b. The construction of the Second Niger bridge including access roads phases 2a and 2b in Anambra and Delta states and other projects in the South East were reduced from N10billion to N9.1billion (a reduction of N900million);

1 Like

Re: . by Chavens: 5:00pm On Oct 21, 2018
pazienza:

It's not good enough. We must demand for, and get our full entitlements from Nigeria as a country.

I also noticed that having less number of states, also affected our allocation for FG projects.
Yes! There is a need for creation of more state in Southeast. Our Governors should work with our strong hold billionaires both home and in diaspora to fight for our right as a people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 5:01pm On Oct 21, 2018
e. The Railway Projects (Counterpart Funds): 1. Lagos-Kano (ongoing) 2. Calabar-Lagos (Ongoing) 3. Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Aladja (Warri) (Ongoing) 4. Port Harcourt- Maiduguri (New) 5. Kano-Katsina-Jibiya-Maradi in Niger Republic (New) 6. Abuja-Itakpe and Aladja (Warri)-Warri Port and Refinery including Warri new Harbour (New) 7. Bonny deep Sea Port & Port Harcourt of N162,284,335,924 was retained by the National Assembly as presented by Mr. President; and
f.The National Assembly increased the aggregate funding for the East-West Road from N11,285,000,000 to N12,085,000,000 because we realized the strategic importance of the road to the entire oil producing areas of our country and the fact that the road project has lingered for too long.

So, it would appear that non of the ongoing railway project passes through the breadth of SE. The Portharcourt-Maiduguri line seem to be an after thought meant to appease SE and is yet to even take off.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 5:07pm On Oct 21, 2018
17.Addressing the issue of the Second Niger Bridge project, apart from early works, as of today, there is no existing contract for the Second Niger Bridge in spite of frequent requests from the National Assembly. The N900million reduced from the N10billion proposed by the Executive was deployed to fund ancillary roads that connect to the Bridge. It should again be noted that the N12.5billion and the N7.5billion appropriated for the Second Niger Bridge in the 2016 and 2017 budget by the National Assembly were never utilized for the project.

So, there was no existing contract for second Niger Bridge, according to Buhari.

Remind me again what we gained for all the support we offered to GEJ. Yet some people, especially political psychophants, who had been bought with little crumbs, want to take us down this same road of blind support for presidential candidates?
Can someone clarify the house on our gains for the support we gave to GEJ as a region and people?

1 Like

Re: . by raker300: 5:07pm On Oct 21, 2018
Onitsha

By

Jb

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 21, 2018
pazienza:
e. The Railway Projects (Counterpart Funds): 1. Lagos-Kano (ongoing) 2. Calabar-Lagos (Ongoing) 3. Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Aladja (Warri) (Ongoing) 4. Port Harcourt- Maiduguri (New) 5. Kano-Katsina-Jibiya-Maradi in Niger Republic (New) 6. Abuja-Itakpe and Aladja (Warri)-Warri Port and Refinery including Warri new Harbour (New) 7. Bonny deep Sea Port & Port Harcourt of N162,284,335,924 was retained by the National Assembly as presented by Mr. President; and
f.The National Assembly increased the aggregate funding for the East-West Road from N11,285,000,000 to N12,085,000,000 because we realized the strategic importance of the road to the entire oil producing areas of our country and the fact that the road project has lingered for too long.

So, it would appear that non of the ongoing railway project passes through the breadth of SE. The Portharcourt-Maiduguri line seem to be an after thought meant to appease SE and is yet to even take off.

It would be total calamity if SE don't nail the Minister for transport under Atiku government.

Chai! My heart is crying and heavy.

I hate Buhari with passsion!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 5:11pm On Oct 21, 2018
18.We also need to call the attention of the public to the fact that the National Assembly allocated an additional N2billion to the Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway project. This was more than the Executive proposed.

Additional 2 billion? How much was the initial budget for the road?
Seeing as the road is still bad, I would say peanuts that got squandered by contractors and their government lackeys.

2 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 5:13pm On Oct 21, 2018
19. As part of the implementation of the 2017 budget, the contracts for 15 roads were awarded by the Federal Executive Council with no budgetary provisions. Realizing the importance of these projects, the National Assembly decided to spread the N3.9billion saved from the earlier mentioned projects funding to facilitate the take-off of these projects that include: the rehabilitation of Ikorodu-Shagamu road in Lagos State; the rehabilitation of 9th Mile-Orakam to Benue Border; and the general maintenance of Pankshin – Ballang – Nyelleng – Sararele – Gindiri road in Plateau State, etc. These are the projects purported to be “project inclusions without conceptualization.” On these projects, the National Assembly needs to be commended by Mr. President for helping to to support the take-off of these awarded but unfunded projects.

I don't see any SE road featuring here. Not even the bad Aba to Ikot Ekpene road. cry

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 21, 2018
pazienza:
17.Addressing the issue of the Second Niger Bridge project, apart from early works, as of today, there is no existing contract for the Second Niger Bridge in spite of frequent requests from the National Assembly. The N900million reduced from the N10billion proposed by the Executive was deployed to fund ancillary roads that connect to the Bridge. It should again be noted that the N12.5billion and the N7.5billion appropriated for the Second Niger Bridge in the 2016 and 2017 budget by the National Assembly were never utilized for the project.

So, there was no existing contract for second Niger Bridge, according to Buhari.

Remind me again what we gained for all the support we offered to GEJ. Yet some people, especially political psychophants, who had been bought with little crumbs, want to take us down this same road of blind support for presidential candidates?
Can someone clarify the house on our gains for the support we gave to GEJ as a region and people?

Yorubas were right.

We supported Goodluck blindly and loved him even more than his SS.
And yet we got nothing in return. Shabby AIIA.no 2nd Niger Bridge.

SE leaders and all governors of SE during 2007-2015 brought huge SHAME to us.

This is so much reason why I hate Anyim pius with passion.

His Senate presidency in 2000 brought nothing to SE in terms of infrastructure.
His SGF position to GEJ orchestrated the highest level of looting in Nigeria and Anyim never bothered to fight for the cause of SE. Anytime he gets to corridor of power Anyim abuses it.

Look at how the present SGF garners coordinates all project funds to the north.

Gosh! ANYIM, GEJ ALL SCAMMED US.
WE MAY HAVE GOTTEN BETTER CUT IF WE HAD SUPPORTED BUHARI IN 2O15. ESPECIALLY WITH NIGER BRIDGE AND THE RAILS.

3 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 5:15pm On Oct 21, 2018
[b]24. Furthermore, it was claimed that the provision for Construction of the Terminal Building at Enugu Airport was cut from 2 billion Naira to 500 million Naira and that this will further delay the completion of this critical project. However, for the avoidance of doubt, it is necessary to again clarify that during the budget defense and oversight processes, the National Assembly discovered that out of the N2billion contract for the Enugu Terminal Building, N1.7billion had already been paid to the contractor. And what is left to complete this project is justN300million. Hence, the National Assembly approved N500million for the project — which is even N200million more than was required. We refer Nigerians to a publication in THISDAY newspaper published in April and titled “Giving Enugu Airport a Facelift” and written by the newspaper’s Aviation correspondent, Chinedu Eze, where the Minister of State (Aviation), Mr. Hadi Sirika was quoted as saying “We just last week released N1.7billion to the contractor and hopefully also, within the shortest possible time, we will release another N300million for him so that they can quickly finish the airport terminal. This will bring the airport to its desired standard.”[/b]

Hmm

Cjrane, what do you have to say about this?

2 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 5:21pm On Oct 21, 2018
b. The Executive’s proposal for the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) was N71,195,023,529, however the National Assembly appropriated N81,882,555,891 — which represents a N10,687,532,363 increase;
c. An additional N33,981,437,188 was also appropriated for the outstanding liabilities to the NDDC by the Federal Government to enable the commission settle some of its contractors that were owed over N1 trillion ;
d. The National Assembly received an additional N14.5billion in funding;
e.In order to ensure that they are able to meet their mandate, the National Assembly increased the Public Complaint’s Commission’s budget from the N4,200,000,000 proposed by the President to N7,480,000,000 — which represents a N3,280,000,000 increase; and
f.Lastly, the National Human Rights Commission’s budget was increased from N1.5billion to N3,013,745,000, which represents a N1,513,745,000 increase.

How much of this NDDC budget was accrued to Abia and Imo, or invested in infrastructural development of those two SE states that are NDDC members.

These are things the Igbo commoners should be researching and keeping our political office holders alert to their duties and responsibilities, in ensuring we get our full entitlements from Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 5:23pm On Oct 21, 2018
v. Additional provision of 82b naira on critical federal roads e.g. rehabilitation of Abuja-Kaduna-Zaria-Kano 10b naira, rehabilitation of Lagos-Badagry-Seme road 4b naira, rehabilitation/dualisation of Calabar-Itu-Ikot Ekpene-Aba-Owerri Road 7b. 92,000,000,000

Okay.
Finally, the Aba-Ikot Ekpene road, got covered here.

Who knows the company handling that project. If they have started work, and if yes, how far have they gone and what's the pace of the work?

2 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 5:24pm On Oct 21, 2018

2 Likes

Re: . by B2mario(m): 5:25pm On Oct 21, 2018
[quote author=HopeAtHand post=72253549][/quote] I believe you bro. We know your root and still believe that you are part and parcel of southern Igbo like Asa, Ndoki, Ngwa, Etche, Ohaji, Ogba, Owerri, Orlu and Egbema. Dont mind what you read here, most people here are not Igbo.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 5:27pm On Oct 21, 2018
Funnicator:

Yorubas were right.

We supported Goodluck blindly and loved him even more than his SS.
And yet we got nothing in return. Shabby AIIA.no 2nd Niger Bridge.

SE leaders and all governors of SE during 2007-2015 brought huge SHAME to us.

This is so much reason why I hate Anyim pius with passion.

His Senate presidency in 2000 brought nothing to SE in terms of infrastructure.
His SGF position to GEJ orchestrated the highest level of looting in Nigeria and Anyim never bothered to fight for the cause of SE. Anytime he gets to corridor of power Anyim abuses it.

Look at how the present SGF garners coordinates all project funds to the north.

Gosh! ANYIM, GEJ ALL SCAMMED US.
WE MAY HAVE GOTTEN BETTER CUT IF WE HAD SUPPORTED BUHARI IN 2O15. ESPECIALLY WITH NIGER BRIDGE AND THE RAILS.

They were right.
Our support for GEJ was blind and a bit emotional , even bothering on Moronic.
We must learn from that horrible mistake, and task/ condemn those whose responsibility it were to help us avoid such mistakes, but who got compromised by lucre.
We move on. We must learn to play interest based politics.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 21, 2018
B2mario:
I believe you bro. We know your root and still believe that you are part and parcel of southern Igbo like Asa, Ndoki, Ngwa, Etche, Ohaji, Ogba, Owerri, Orlu and Egbema. Dont mind what you read here, most people here are not Igbo.

Shake my head

Hopeathand?

You're doing python dance with the python if you take these South southerners as brothers.

In the end you'd say "even you Brutus".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Xander85: 5:30pm On Oct 21, 2018
pazienza:

Was watching NTA network news yesterday, and the spotlight was on railway construction throughout Nigeria. Apart from the fact that these guys in NTA were ascribing all the finished and ongoing jobs to their god Buhari, another thing i noticed was that whereas they showed ongoing and finished jobs in the southwest and north (so you could see with your eyes what's been done so far), when it came to the southeast and south-south all they showed was names of cities which the proposed coastal and Port Harcourt-Maiduguri rail lines will pass...and they added that 'planning for this was at an advanced stage'!

That's 'one fair and equitable Nigeria' for you! wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Cjrane2: 5:44pm On Oct 21, 2018
Funnicator:

It would be total calamity if SE don't nail the Minister for transport under Atiku government.

Chai! My heart is crying and heavy.

I hate Buhari with passsion!

Yes, everyone' s heart is crying. However, this isn't just because Buhari is wicked, we allowed such evil men to come into office through a direct consequence of voter apathy/boycott when it mattered most: A Presidential election!

Now, again Buhari is spoiling to set up the SE for another round of apathy/boycott through the mysterious release of Nnamdi Kanu, so that Buhari will benefit from another electoral boycott by Igbos and continue in office. If you think this report is bad, what is missing are the huge economic toll on Igbo businesses by denying them foreign exchange, increasing taxes on their products and exclusion of Igbo from most federal appointments and jobs.

So, When you hear our people say "I'm not going to vote for anyone because it doesn't matter and the person i voted for will do nothing for me", show them the data! Tell them the truth that it really matters if they vote or not! Tell them to stop ruining their homeland and making future generation of Igbos to perpetually become servants in other regions with better economic opportunities due to years of neglect of the SE.

5 Likes

Re: . by LasGidiOwner: 5:51pm On Oct 21, 2018
OK
Re: . by Xander85: 5:56pm On Oct 21, 2018
pazienza:

They were right.
Our support for GEJ was blind and a bit emotional , even bothering on Moronic.
We must learn from that horrible mistake, and task/ condemn those whose responsibility it were to help us avoid such mistakes, but who got compromised by lucre.
We move on. We must learn to play interest based politics.

I'm cutting GEJ some slack here, and heaping most of the blame on our useless political elite in PDP at the time! If they had been insistent enough i'm sure more would have been done in the southeast.

GEJ was distracted by trying to please the north with an eye on 2015, and had he won a second term, i believe he would have faced the southeast and his south-south much better than he did in his first term.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 6:00pm On Oct 21, 2018
Funnicator:

Shake my head

Hopeathand?

You're doing python dance with the python if you take these South southerners as brothers.

In the end you'd say "even you Brutus".

Lol! He's likely an IPOB member.
Those lots will sell the rest of us to SS minorities as slaves, if it will make SS people accept their version of Biafra.
You never even see anything.
See Nnamdi Kanu using Ph time for his broadcast, instead of Enugu,Aba , Onitsha or even Abakaliki time.

Nah siddon dey look I dey for their matter.

5 Likes

Re: . by Curlieweed: 6:12pm On Oct 21, 2018
pazienza:

Lol! He's likely an IPOB member.
Those lots will sell the rest of us to SS minorities as slaves, if it will make SS people accept their version of Biafra.
You never even see anything.
See Nnamdi Kanu using Ph time for his broadcast, instead of Enugu,Aba , Onitsha or even Abakaliki time.

Nah siddon dey look I dey for their matter.

He said that we are not Igbo. It’s only himself and his Hopeful friend that are Igbos.

Very hilarious!
Re: . by pazienza(m): 7:00pm On Oct 21, 2018
Curlieweed:

He said that we are not Igbo. It’s only himself and his Hopeful friend that are Igbos.

Very hilarious!

Lol! Many IPOB members hate hearing the word "Igbo". They want it killed and replaced with Biafra. grin

3 Likes

Re: . by Obi1kenobi(m): 7:07pm On Oct 21, 2018
Chavens:
My happiness is that despite the marginalization of Southeast states. Southeast develop faster both economically, education, human resources, structure, and even security wise more than the so called NW, SW, NE and Co.

Nah.....we have a very long way to go. There is no point talking about marginalization if we can't admit how far behind we are. The fastest growing state in Nigeria by far is Ogun state which has dominated the non-oil Foreign Direct Investments into Nigeria for a decade now: in some years surpassing all states in Nigeria combined. It has become a major manufacturing hub where all FMGC's, pharmaceuticals etc all have their major factories. It even leads in non-oil extractive industries/mining output. Its proximity to Lagos markets and access to enabling infrastructure like gas supply has given it a massive advantage. When the FG complete the AKK pipeline which can deliver gas powering industries in the Kano, Kaduna area, they'd be on the fast track too. Add the ongoing rail project across the Western corridor of the country (which many are underestimating its economic effects) and we're losing out without FG investments in our states.
We are trying in our little ways given the obstacles (particularly in human development indices including education and health), but we are far behind. Our graduates still often have to go to Lagos, Ogun, Rivers or Abuja to get jobs. We have to aspire to more than that.

3 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 7:10pm On Oct 21, 2018
After Nnamdi Kanu broadcast, where he told Niger Delta people that there is nothing like Niger delta or SS.
It's safe to say that Ndiigbo are up for another embarrassing press releases from minority ethnic nationalities bodies from that region,where they would denounce any association with IPOB, Biafra or Ndiigbo

Please my people, for how long must we bear this shame and embarrassment Nnamdi Kanu and his misguided and uniformed speeches, expose us to?

How long before we say enough is enough and do the needful?
Isn't it becoming obvious that IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu are becoming a big problem for us?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 7:17pm On Oct 21, 2018
How can a full grown adult who is in his right senses stay in the comfort of his room and tell a group he is not part of, that a name they go by, accept and are proud of, doesn't exist?
Does Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB followers not have single iota of self appraisal?
What would be their reaction, if a Fulani leader says that Biafra doesn't exist, that all that exists is Arewa, and that Biafra is part of Arewa?

Can some one tell me that these lots are psychologically normal, because I'm really struggling seriously here, to accept that they are mentally normal. Because, it just doesn't make sense. It doesn't. This is madness. It's a joke that has been allowed to go on for far too long.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 21, 2018
pazienza:
After Nnamdi Kanu broadcast, where he told Niger Delta people that there is nothing like Niger delta or SS.
It's safe to say that Ndiigbo are up for another embarrassing press releases from minority ethnic nationalities bodies from that region,where they would denounce any association with IPOB, Biafra or Ndiigbo

Please my people, for how long must we bear this shame and embarrassment Nnamdi Kanu and his misguided and uniformed speeches, expose us to?

How long before we say enough is enough and do the needful?
Isn't it becoming obvious that IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu are becoming a big problem for us?

That guy is a scam.

He didn't even mention where and what he has been doing for the past one year after the abia state raid.

He didn't even mention how he escaped from Nigeria and found himself in Israel.

If you had any idea the amount this lunatic receives from igbo in the diaspora?

Shame on any igbo man supporting this lunatic and business man parading himself as freedom fighter.

1 Like

Re: . by pazienza(m): 7:25pm On Oct 21, 2018
Sensible Igbos can not go on keeping quiet on this issue again.
He's in safe comfort of Israel, and he goes about making these crazy statements.
He's stubborn and set in his ways, he wouldn't accept reality.
The various stay at home order, were only complied in SE, no where in SS was it complied, except areas Igbos dominate. Other indgenes of SS went about their businessess. Yenegoa, Uyo, non Igbo controlled parts of PH, Calabar, etc. They all went about their business.
Never was there any massive protests from these places for Biafra. Their commoners tell us they are not Biafrans in Facebook, Nairaland and in life, their national ethnic groups release official press articles condemning IPOB adding of their lands to Biafra.

Even if IPOB is run by morons, they sure must have gotten the memo, that groups in SS in the vast majority don't want Biafra. Many IPOB members live in Ph,Yenegoa, Calabar, etc they know the attitude of Ikwerre people to Biafra agitation, even the Okirikas .

They know all these things, yet they maintain this stance?
Isn't it obvious that IPOB is out for annihilation of the Igbo nation?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 7:26pm On Oct 21, 2018
How much longer can we allow this madness go on?
What are we going to tell our unborn generations? cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Obi1kenobi(m): 7:35pm On Oct 21, 2018
My sister in the UK is a fanatical supporter of Nnamdi Kanu. grin I've given up trying to make sense with her cos she's aggressively argumentative, totally fanatical about her convictions and she happens to be nearly 10 years older than I am and still sees me as the kid who should never question her opinions. So whenever she calls me and starts rambling about him, I just move on to another topic. It's beyond me how people cannot see how much of an empty charlatan the guy is. By sheer cult of personality, he has succeeded in zombifying many Igbos. I would laugh at the guy, but someone that commands the sort of deluded following that he does is dangerous and would lead many Igbos off a cliff.

3 Likes

Re: . by Cjrane2: 7:37pm On Oct 21, 2018
pazienza:
How much longer can we allow this madness go on?
What are we going to tell our unborn generations? cry

The truth has finally been exposed!

Buhari released Nnamdi Kanu to work for his second term.

Now it is clear and it will be a total resistance of this foolishness moving forward.

How can Nnamdi Kanu suddenly re-emerge and he would not speak one word against Buhari that he insulted almost daily while he was free? Then he would attack Abia State governor who does not have control over Nigerian army??

It is clear that Nnamdi Kanu has been compromised and Igbo will no longer listen to him nor join him in committing political suicide.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.