Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,680 members, 7,831,108 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

. - Politics (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (586255 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 21, 2018
Bede2u:
[s] i will tell u this b4 i sleep. U sound like u know history...thats is why u will understand this.

Dont ever discount the posibility that kanu can be the guy that unites the se and ss to fight together for independence.

There are SO MANY cases like that in history and they usually start like this....with many nay-sayers turned allies.
Wen i was campaigning for buhari in 2015, i hated kanu and his message.
3 yrs later, am a big fan[/s].
Re: . by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 21, 2018
Funnicator:
I WILL VOTE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 2019

I CAN'T KEEP COMPLAINING IGBO LAND IS MARGINALIZED WHERE AS I DO NOT VOTE.

IT IS NOT MORALLY RIGHT

I WILL VOTE IN 2019

Unfortunately we don't need ebonyi votes again.

Others regions can do.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 9:38pm On Oct 21, 2018
Obi1kenobi post

IPOB desecrated a funeral by Ezeemo's family during the Gubernatorial campaign period in their "no referendum, no election" madness. They did the same during a mass service that Obiano attended.

I remember this news then, yet those who claimed it was IPOB, had no valid evidence to prove so. It was simply a politically organized charade to discredit IPOB. IPOB officially came out and denied having any of its members being sent or involved in such.

That is thuggery. They even burnt down an Abia police station. They blockaded the Niger Bridge a couple of times. My dad who traveled in December 2015 didn't find that funny at all.
I remember this police station incidence. The police illegally detained IPOB members, IPOB members came to protest and to demand the member be released, police declined , things got out of hands.
Even in civilized climes, a protest can get out of hand, when tempers flare. That does not in any way constitute thuggery. You are simply fishing for evidence to justify a prejudice pre conceived opinion here.

They don't set road blocks in Niger Bridge, their sheer numbers just simply cause traffic. There is a difference between the two.

They were known to set up road blocks and illegal tolls to extort motorists. I haven't denied the popular grassroots support they enjoy in the East. But many of those who shut their shops did it under the fear of consequences. When security is guaranteed in these areas, plenty do sit at home but the compliance is noticeably less. I have an uncle in Nkpor who loathes IPOB, but he always shut down his shop whenever they ordered a sit-at-home cos he didn't want to risk anything.

This is not true. IPOB cannot set up road blocks in SE. It's impossible. If only you stay in SE and know how heavily militarized SE is, and the heavy presence of police road blocks here. You wouldn't be propagating this propaganda. The Nigerian Army and police are looking to means to shoot and detain IPOB members, IPOB even if there were stupid, knows that they can't open road blocks here.
Those who shut their shops do it out of solidarity to the Biafran struggle. Many market union members are Biafra apologists, and they usually take the decision to lock up the markets, unanimously. Members of NURTW, including Keke drivers here are same, they are core Biafrans . And without transporters , many can't get to their shops and work places even if they want to. And if they insisted on going, they woud sure pay more to get there, and have little or no customers to sell to. So in the end, everyone figures it wasn't worth the stress.
Also, the heavy military presence in SE who patrol the streets during those sit at homes, create its own fear on the few that would want to come out too.

In summary, your accusations of thuggery against IPOB is unfounded and based on "hear say". It's not true.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 21, 2018
globemoney:
A lot of non igbos and political merchants are derailing this thread. Will this cjrane2 character stop embarrassing himself everywhere[b][/b]. If you were expecting Nnamdi Kanu to automatically support Atiku, then consider yourself as Foolish. Nnamdi Kanu will Never support Atiku/Buhari. His no election mantra was before Atiku emerged.
Re: . by Ikology(m): 9:41pm On Oct 21, 2018
Funnicator:

That guy is a scam.

He didn't even mention where and what he has been doing for the past one year after the abia state raid.

He didn't even mention how he escaped from Nigeria and found himself in Israel.

If you had any idea the amount this lunatic receives from igbo in the diaspora?

Shame on any igbo man supporting this lunatic and business man parading himself as freedom fighter.

We need to send a strong message to MNK. We are no fools. He is totally alone in this dance of shame. We all know that he couldn't have escaped from Nigeria without the help of government. We ain't interested in his Biafra. Kpomkwem.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 21, 2018
veryStupidChino:

Bia, nwoke, what is your problem na? We all know that you are from the North, leave us in peace na? Ogini di angry

I don't play with sand.
Look for ur fellow children

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 21, 2018
Funnicator:

That guy is a scam.

He didn't even mention where and what he has been doing for the past one year after the abia state raid.

He didn't even mention how he escaped from Nigeria and found himself in Israel.

If you had any idea the amount this lunatic receives from igbo in the diaspora?

Shame on any igbo man supporting this lunatic and business man parading himself as freedom fighter.

For the first time I have to agree with u.

Maybe coz of this, I will have a rethink on my stance against ebonyians.

Let love lead from now on....

Igbo amaka.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 21, 2018
Ikology:

We need to send a strong message to MNK. We are no fools. He is totally alone in this dance of shame. We all know that he couldn't have escaped from Nigeria without the help of government. We ain't interested in his Biafra. Kpomkwem.

I am not interested in HIS biafra either.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 21, 2018
globemoney:
A lot of non igbos and political merchants are derailing this thread. Will this cjrane2 character stop embarrassing himself everywhere. If you were expecting Nnamdi Kanu to automatically support Atiku, then consider yourself as Foolish. Nnamdi Kanu will Never support Atiku/Buhari. His no election mantra was before Atiku emerged.

May God bless you. I have been following all their annoying comments here against Nnamdi KANU, one even said he was released by Buhari. No election was declared by Nnamdi Kanu even before Atiku decamped to PDP so why would a person who claimed to be very updated say that NK is working for APC? NK speech this evening is an automatic loss for that AtikuObituary or whatever you call him and his running mate. Atiku should not waste much money on campaigns because, he is going back to Adamawa in 2019. No matter how bad you feel NK's speech was, it will surly have its effect on over 20% of all PVC holders in the east and that is "bye bye" to Atiku in 2019 because, Buhari's supporters are solidly behind him while Atiku just lost over 20% of his' without any hope of getting any reasonable amount of votes from the SW. I humbly declare #AtikuObituary dead on arrival after today. Wailing on nairaland can't save #AtikuObituary come 2019.

7 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 21, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Unfortunately we don't need ebonyi votes again.

Others regions can do.

How many people even have their PVCs in Ebonyi state? Disturbing ourselves over the number of votes from Ebonyi is total waste of time.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 21, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

[s]
How many people even have their PVCs in Ebonyi state? Disturbing ourselves over the number of votes from Ebonyi is total waste of time.[/s]
Re: . by Xander85: 10:10pm On Oct 21, 2018
Unsurprisingly, i'm with Mazi Kanu 100%....even if i may have issues with his insistence on including some ethnic groups in the so called south-south!

But those haranguing him, are they actually expecting IPOB to force these ethnic groups to join in if a referendum is announced for the southeast and south-south? When we express our fears, let's try and have them rooted in reality!

I'm going into the tunnel now, so i'll finish up later! smiley

1 Like

Re: . by ezeagu(m): 10:13pm On Oct 21, 2018
pazienza:

I complained of same thing, when some senseless Igbos started buying Ambode case on social media.
It's nauseating to say the least.

We just can't sit out of any event occurring in parts of Nigeria that is non of our concern.

One thing many haven't learned is that if you put yourself against Nigeria then you're putting yourself against a greater force that is behind it which is Western interest. If the major powers wanted Biafra it would have been existing. It's best just to bob and weave and find the best spots in the flow instead of trying to go against the current.

1 Like

Re: . by ezeagu(m): 10:16pm On Oct 21, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

May God bless you. I have been following all their annoying comments here against Nnamdi KANU, one even said he was released by Buhari. No election was declared by Nnamdi Kanu even before Atiku decamped to PDP so why would a person who claimed to be very updated say that NK is working for APC? NK speech this evening is an automatic loss for that AtikuObituary or whatever you call him and his running mate. Atiku should not waste much money on campaigns because, he is going back to Adamawa in 2019. No matter how bad you feel NK's speech was, it will surly have its effect on over 20% of all PVC holders in the east and that is "bye bye" to Atiku in 2019 because, Buhari's supporters are solidly behind him while Atiku just lost over 20% of his' without any hope of getting any reasonable amount of votes from the SW. I humbly declare #AtikuObituary dead on arrival after today. Wailing on nairaland can't save #AtikuObituary come 2019.

And what is the net gain for Igbo people from this pointless political move?

1 Like

Re: . by LordAdam16: 10:25pm On Oct 21, 2018
Truthfully, I don't see what the fuss is all about. Igbos are victims of their republican nature. Nothing else.

Take this for example. Ibori is the political godfather of Delta state politics. Most PDP members in the state belong to his political family. In April 2010, roughly 3 months after GEJ took power, Ibori's corruption file was reopened and he was chased out of his country home which led to his UK arrest.

Yet, in 2011 and 2015, the entire PDP family in Delta backed GEJ with the second highest vote he got in any state. In the just concluded PDP primaries, Delta PDP candidates backed GEJ's anointed candidate Atiku and GEJ's VP candidate Obi got the slot.

Since Ibori's return, he hasn't met with GEJ in public, yet they still align politically when it suits them. As vicious as the Wike-Amaechi feud, Amaechi is still constructing the Rivers Intl Airport.

I don't see why because Nnamdi Kanu is pursuing his own agenda, you all would want to collectively throw him under the bus. NK is a necessary evil. It's why even after SS and MB groups cautioned IPOB not to add their regions to the revised Biafra map, same groups condemned the proscription of IPOB. Why? Because IPOB agitation bolstered the call of restructuring. Kanu called out Buhari when most people were pretending the naked emperor had clothes on. Kanu fueled the #BackToDaura movement when people were still hypnotized by the scam chains.

-Lord

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by LordAdam16: 10:25pm On Oct 21, 2018
...continued

You don't always have to agree with someone. There are border communities in the US with Republican representation in the legislature who oppose Trump on immigration. Yet, when it was time to vote on Kavanaugh, they put aside their immigration differences to ensure a long-lasting conservative SCOTUS.

The republican nature is why everyone seems to be doing his own thing. Only you guys have APGA, PDP, APC, and IPOB. Inside each of these groups, there are sects that don't necessarily see eye to eye. Know your movements, choose your leaders, and set your objectives. This one where everyone seems to be going off in a different direction is unhelpful.

NW - A slight APC majority with a politically fluid minority. In 2011, this fluid minority sided with GEJ. In 2015, they sided with Buhari.
NE - Often mirrors NW.
NC - Mostly goes in one direction. 2011 GEJ. 2015 PMB. 2019 Atiku.
SW - Almost evenly split between APC and PDP, with a fluid minority that'd tilt the pendulum to one end or the other.
SS - Mainly PDP, very small but vocal minority APC, ND agitation that's apolitical (regardless of your political affiliation, the agitation is non-negotiable and central to the ND identity).
SE - A political amoeba at the moment. APGA, PDP, APC, and IPOB. Granted the majority is for PDP in national politics, but all of the division makes it difficult to chart a common, long-term political course. That's why there was voter apathy in 2015. That's why IPOB feels like a devil's advocate. That's why APC could reasonably expect to get more votes in 2019 than in 2015 even though an Igbo VP is on the ballot.

You guys need to sort this out before you guys get the presidency, if not the region wouldn't gain anything. It'd be like 2011-2015 when the region held sway in national politics but the region's elite did not do enough to bring the dividends to the region.

Nnamdi Kanu by himself is not the problem. IPOB is not the problem. The lack of coherent major movements is the problem. The all-or-nothing attitude is the problem.

Not all conservatives like Trump, the alt-right, and some of the far-right nutjobs. But all the conservatives are rallying around to take advantage of the unique opportunity presented by Trump to bolster the GOP's chances.

-Lord

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Chavens: 10:46pm On Oct 21, 2018
All I see is people who are myopic in reasoning. Igbos have a big problem to deal with. This generation is a total mess. It is most unfortunate. Tufiakwa. What a divided kingdom. I pray that it is not too late for us. We can still get it right.
Re: . by Chavens: 10:48pm On Oct 21, 2018
Nnamdi kanu is not the problem nor the IPOB. The problem is lack of unity and vision.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 10:52pm On Oct 21, 2018

I don't see why because Nnamdi Kanu is pursuing his own agenda, you all would want to collectively throw him under the bus. NK is a necessary evil. It's why even after SS and MB groups cautioned IPOB not to add their regions to the revised Biafra map, same groups condemned the proscription of IPOB. Why? Because IPOB agitation bolstered the call of restructuring. Kanu called out Buhari when most people were pretending the Unclad emperor had clothes on. Kanu fueled the #BackToDaura movement when people were still hypnotized by the scam chains.

Nope. He isn't a necessary evil for Ndiigbo.
He's a tool for the rest of Nigeria. They accept his good fight and good messages, while conveniently pushing the bad sides and and consequences of his messages to Igbo populace to bear.
Every coward Nigerian groups want to piggy back on NK struggle to push the restructuring agenda, they don't want to come out on their own. The idea is simple. They wouldn't want to bear the backlash of pushing the Powers that be. They want to hide behind NK, who is in turn hiding behind Igbo populace. So that when things fall apart, like it did in 2017, they can all deny NK and push the blame on Ndiigbo, while NK escapes, and Igbo populace bear the consequences.

It's akin to same thing Nzeogwu did. The entire Nigeria hid behind him to try to bring about revolution. But when it failed, every one ran away, and Igbo populace beared the brunt.

Ndiigbo will nolonger continue being the punchbag and bullet proof for Nigerian groups to hide behind to push their agendas in the dark, while denying and blaming Ndiigbo in the daylight.
We will throw any Igbo who wants to put Ndiigbo in such situation, under the bus. Our group survival must be of primary interest to us.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 11:03pm On Oct 21, 2018
LordAdam16:
...continued

You don't always have to agree with someone. There are border communities in the US with Republican representation in the legislature who oppose Trump on immigration. Yet, when it was time to vote on Kavanaugh, they put aside their immigration differences to ensure a long-lasting conservative SCOTUS.

The republican nature is why everyone seems to be doing his own thing. Only you guys have APGA, PDP, APC, and IPOB. Inside each of these groups, there are sects that don't necessarily see eye to eye. Know your movements, choose your leaders, and set your objectives. This one where everyone seems to be going off in a different direction is unhelpful.

NW - A slight APC majority with a politically fluid minority. In 2011, this fluid minority sided with GEJ. In 2015, they sided with Buhari.
NE - Often mirrors NW.
NC - Mostly goes in one direction. 2011 GEJ. 2015 PMB. 2019 Atiku.
SW - Almost evenly split between APC and PDP, with a fluid minority that'd tilt the pendulum to one end or the other.
SS - Mainly PDP, very small but vocal minority APC, ND agitation that's apolitical (regardless of your political affiliation, the agitation is non-negotiable and central to the ND identity).
SE - A political amoeba at the moment. APGA, PDP, APC, and IPOB. Granted the majority is for PDP in national politics, but all of the division makes it difficult to chart a common, long-term political course. That's why there was voter apathy in 2015. That's why IPOB feels like a devil's advocate. That's why APC could reasonably expect to get more votes in 2019 than in 2015 even though an Igbo VP is on the ballot.

You guys need to sort this out before you guys get the presidency, if not the region wouldn't gain anything. It'd be like 2011-2015 when the region held sway in national politics but the region's elite did not do enough to bring the dividends to the region.

Nnamdi Kanu by himself is not the problem. IPOB is not the problem. The lack of coherent major movements is the problem. The all-or-nothing attitude is the problem.

Not all conservatives like Trump, the alt-right, and some of the far-right nutjobs. But all the conservatives are rallying around to take advantage of the unique opportunity presented by Trump to bolster the GOP's chances.

-Lord

This analysis is flawed.
Not long ago, SW states were divided between AD/ACN, PDP, and LP, whereas the entire SE was under PDP not long ago.
I wonder where you get the idea that IPOB, PDP, APGA, ACN members don't see eye to eye on Igboland. You must have us confused with Yorubaland where Awolowo AG members and Akintola NNDP members never saw eye to eye, and killed/maimed themselves in broad daylight. See, this is why I don't like non Igbos getting involved in Igbo political discussions.

Your analysis is highly flawed. No region votes in bloc in national elections than Ndiigbo. Our votes are never divided. We might have disagreements, but we are United in presidential elections.

The political amoeba I know right now are SS. APC won up to 40% votes in Edo in 2015 presidential elections, and looking at how things stand, they will get more there. Also it was Amaechi, SS that worked against GEJ and truncated his mandate. So much for SS unity. Imagine if it was an Igbo man working against Another Igboman in a national elections, what Nigerians would say. Yet Amaechi led the campaign against GEJ, and bankrolled Buhari against GEJ. SS is the perfect definition of Amoeba. A union of diametrically opposed ethnic groups forming fake unity.

SE is as united as ever. Come 2019, our voting pattern will still be unanimous.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by LordAdam16: 11:54pm On Oct 21, 2018
pazienza:

This analysis is flawed.
Not long ago, SW states were divided between AD/ACN, PDP, and LP, whereas the entire SE was under PDP not long ago.
I wonder where you get the idea that IPOB, PDP, APGA, ACN members don't see eye to eye on Igboland. You must have us confused with Yorubaland where Awolowo AG members and Akintola NNDP members never saw eye to eye, and killed/maimed themselves in broad daylight. See, this is why I don't like non Igbos getting involved in Igbo political discussions.

Your analysis is highly flawed. No region votes in bloc in national elections than Ndiigbo. Our votes are never divided. We might have disagreements, but we are United in presidential elections.

The political amoeba I know right now are SS. APC won up to 40% votes in Edo in 2015 presidential elections, and looking at how things stand, they will get more there. Also it was Amaechi, SS that worked against GEJ and truncated his mandate. So much for SS unity. Imagine if it was an Igbo man working against Another Igboman in a national elections, what Nigerians would say. Yet Amaechi led the campaign against GEJ, and bankrolled Buhari against GEJ. SS is the perfect definition of Amoeba. A union of diametrically opposed ethnic groups forming fake unity.

It clearly flew over you. We're talking about 2019 and you're talking about the 1960's. Stick to a specific timeline.

GEJ lost more votes in the SE from voter apathy in 2015 than APC got in the SS in 2015. And maybe you have trouble comprehending simple terms or a logical viewpoint. This is not about SE unity. It is about standardizing your movements, so your region can chart a long-term political course.

I'd go over the SS position again, maybe this time you'd understand it. The SS is majorly PDP. There's a budding, solid, and vocal APC movement in the minority. Then there's the ND agitation that's apolitical. Regardless of political affiliation, every subscribes to the struggle. That's why when some nobodies who called themselves ND militants came up recently to say they'd work for Buhari, no one in the SS lost sleep over it.

Nnamdi Kanu coughed and some are already contemplating assassinating him. That's just nuts. This is an independent outlook from the outside in, using what I know of SE politics. Kanu is a fringe element. He has this much clout because there was a vacuum of leadership and no credible movements when he came on the scene. He has his merits and his demerits, and has his place. But you guys need credible movements that'd also appeal to mainstream Nigeria and guard against marginalization until Nigeria is restructured or devoluted.

This is not just about voting as a bloc. It's also about fully exploiting the potential of being on the winning team. 1999-2015, SE was voting for the winning team, how well did the region benefit? Did the SE elites do enough? How do you guys intend to take advantage of the VP position if PDP wins in 2019? How about the Presidency if you guys get it in 2023 or 2027?

This is a socio-political and economic forum no? It's not just about have a figurehead with an Igbo name.

-Lord

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by senatordave1(m): 12:04am On Oct 22, 2018
pazienza:

This analysis is flawed.

Let me come in here.dont you think the strategic move now will be to divide it 60-40 like the yorubas did in 2015 inorder to get a large say in the two parties in the run-up to the 2023 polls.

I know most ibos despise buhari/apc but i think they can put that aside for just a day,vote him and have a good shot at 2023 polls.a bloc vote for atiku and a win for buhari will not be savoury
Re: . by senatordave1(m): 12:10am On Oct 22, 2018
LordAdam16:

It clearly flew over you. We're talking about 2019 and you're talking about the 1960's. Stick to a specific timeline.

GEJ lost more votes in the SE from voter apathy in 2015 than APC got in the SS in 2015. And maybe you have trouble comprehending simple terms or a logical viewpoint. This is not about SE unity. It is about standardizing your movements, so your region can chart a long-term political course.

I'd go over the SS position again, maybe this time you'd understand it. The SS is majorly PDP. There's a budding, solid, and vocal APC movement in the minority. Then there's the ND agitation that's apolitical. Regardless of political affiliation, every subscribes to the struggle. That's why when some nobodies who called themselves ND militants came up recently to say they'd work for Buhari, no one in the SS lost sleep over it.

Nnamdi Kanu coughed and some are already contemplating assassinating him. That's just nuts. This is an independent outlook from the outside in, using what I know of SE politics. Kanu is a fringe element. He has this much clout because there was a vacuum of leadership and no credible movements when he came on the scene. He has his merits and his demerits, and has his place. But you guys need credible movements that'd also appeal to mainstream Nigeria and guard against marginalization until Nigeria is restructured or devoluted.

This is not just about voting as a bloc. It's also about fully exploiting the potential of being on the winning team. 1999-2015, SE was voting for the winning team, how well did the region benefit? Did the SE elites do enough? How do you guys intend to take advantage of the VP position if PDP wins in 2019? How about the Presidency if you guys get it in 2023 or 2027?

This is a socio-political and economic forum no? It's not just about have a figurehead with an Igbo name.

-Lord
Let me cut in here sir.i think there was no apathy in 2015,it was simply the card reader at work curtailing massive inflation.in reality,ss/se dont turnout much.

The militancy agitation is partially political,an indepth research will reveal it to you.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 12:14am On Oct 22, 2018
LordAdam16:

-Lord

We are reminiscing on the past political foray of each geopolitical zone. You don't get to pick and chose a timeline that appeals to you.

Voters apathy occurred in Igboland in 2015, for the same reason it occurred in SW in 2011. The "son of the soil" factor was no longer there. By 2011, many Igbos had become disillusioned by GEJ antics. Stella, Uzoma, Odumegwu, etc were sacked easily, Second Niger Bridge was still undone, Onitsha-Enugu and Ph-Enugu roads were still undone.
The SE governors were not as passionate to rig the election for GEJ in 2015, as they were in 2011, unlike Wike and Akpabio who produced miracle numbers.

SE political movement is very much standardized. We want Biafra, but we have to make do with Nigeria for the time being.

Well, the SE is majorly PDP too, at least in national politics. So don't know the point you are making.
There is an apolitical Biafra which majority here subscribes to,irrespective of party affliation.

GEJ lost an election, and even Edwin Clark came out to castigate him. You all were quick to throw him under the bus to save guard your group interests, what right do you have to speak to us about NK?
And you have credible movements in SS? Please spare us your hollow advice, we don't need them. If you have the Igbo voting bloc strength and track record of being united in voting a single candidate in mass, you will always be in the mainstream. We made a mistake with GEJ, but we are currently correcting it.

It's an economic and political forum for Igbo voices only. I'm sure SS have their own myriads of problems, go open your own forum to solve it amongst yourselves, we don't need your denigrating misguided advices.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by oyatz(m): 12:15am On Oct 22, 2018
So because of Atiku-Obi ticket, you now wish death to Mazi Nnamdi KANU,the Ohamadike-1 of Alaigbo?
So you want all those gallant IPOB members that have died in the course of the struggle to die in vain just because you are now Atikulating?

oilyngbati:
I have been saying that the best thing that would happen to Ndigbo now is for this fool called Nnamdi kanu to be killed off. I wish the Nigerian army killed him. The guy is just too arrogant for my liking . A time when we are trying to get it right with Atiku/Obi presidential ticket, this animal came out to skuttle whatever chances we have to correct these imbalances against us. This guy is working against Igbo interst, period!
For me, I stopped believing in Biafra when these ipob kept on playing ostrich by continually dragging SS into Biafra
We are going to be stuck in the wilderness again, for donkey years, unless this kanu of a guy is killed.

1 Like

Re: . by oyatz(m): 12:19am On Oct 22, 2018
You have a deep understanding of Nigerian politics and the renewed agitation for secession.

Obi1kenobi:

His group are "non violent" because they lack the capacity for violence and because Igbos aren't violent people. Their rhetoric and utterances have been violent and they've severally threatened violence against the state. In any civilized country in the world, no government would tolerate incitement like that. If Fulanis were making the kind of statements Kanu and his IPOB lieutenants have been making, the nation would worry because those people have tremendous capacity and will to dish out violence.
Re: . by oyatz(m): 12:32am On Oct 22, 2018
Some igbos believe that they are the lost 10tribea of Ancient Israel, so Kanu may want to reconnect
to his 'Jewish' roots, only that it looks very odd.

Obi1kenobi:

If the "one man" was even worthy of it, it might be understandable. Ojukwu made a lot of mistakes (and I still believe his fleeing the civil war rather than surrendering himself was cowardly) but he was fit to lead such a movement. Here, we have some jobless, uncouth riff-raff from the UK who is clearly not a mentally balanced individual leading many people off a cliff. He has proven a long time ago that he is directionless and has no strategic thought in his head and just goes as the wind leads him. Add his whole Jewish mystique thing and you just have a clown.

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.