Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,921 members, 7,835,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

. - Politics (460) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (587045 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by hammerFC: 5:21pm On Nov 10, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

But Anambra today is monolithic state

DONT JOIN DEM, NO ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE HAVE A BRAIN, THEY WILL BE HERE TILL TOMORROW AND CONTINUE.

TO NDIIGBO, THIS THREAD IS CLOSED FOR 24HRS, DO IGNORE THE NON IGBO NUISANCE.

SIGNED OUT!
Re: . by basilo101: 5:26pm On Nov 10, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

But Anambra today is monolithic state
Fraud! Scattered disjointed villages in a desperate move to belong to larger grouping
Re: . by basilo101: 5:27pm On Nov 10, 2018
somalianprince:
For instance....

Zik from Onitsha

Ojukwu from Nnewi

Achebe from Ogidi

Tansi from Aguleri

Could you see the triangle of monolith? Every community in Anambra has something to offer. That is another simple way of explaining that that binds us together as a monolithic people are more.

This illiterate does not even have a dictionary
Re: . by UgwuAghachi: 5:31pm On Nov 10, 2018
basilo101:

It is this historically shared common heritage that creates a monolithic entity not artificial boundaries created by military Fiat. Everybody loves their states and are united within the state. But the monolithic state some are claiming is pure fraud. Thank for the historical insight from that axis. That is what the thread should be all about

You already know that the boy doesn't know the meaning of monolithic. The different people of Anambra are maybe not balkanized but claiming that they are monolithic is sheer mischief
Re: . by somalianprince: 5:33pm On Nov 10, 2018
Ok so it is someone from ebonyi state that knows the meaning? Abeg go back to your northern state because that is where Ebonyi belong, you guys are the worst because you people are not even Igbos in the first place. cheesy

[s]
UgwuAghachi:

You already know that the boy doesn't know the meaning of monolithic. The different people of Anambra are maybe not balkanized but claiming that they are monolithic is sheer mischief
[/s]
Re: . by Yyeske(m): 5:34pm On Nov 10, 2018
UgwuAghachi:

Abia North which comprises Ohafia, Arochukwu, Isukwauto (Abia) and Ebonyi South with Edda, Afikpo, Ohaozara (Ebonyi) all share same heritage and its well documented. Their history is intertwined with Ibibio and Efik culture and history.

The main difference is between the Abia/Ebonyi connection with Ibibio and Anambra/Anioma connection with Igala is that Ibibio and Efik generally are receptive and friendly towards Igbo, seeing them as their kin whereas Igala and Benin are hostile and hate Igbo, seeing them as a competition and a problem to be dealt with
O yeah, can you even listen to yourself? So invariably you are telling us to hate the Igala and Bini influence in Omambala and love the Ibibio and Efik that has little or nothing to do with us?

Nairalanders hope you all can see why we are all hell bent in this Omambala identity stuff, we all can see the clannishness displayed here.

1 Like

Re: . by Yyeske(m): 5:39pm On Nov 10, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

The problem with Africans is that they lean on past so much that it makes them stupid

The British some came from Germany , some from Norse today they are British ..they don't go claiming past

The Australian came from England but today he is proudly Aussie

Even if the onoja and all what not came from Jupiter or Mars the bottom line is they are igbo today

Grow up dude
You are the person to grow up, if several people from other parts of Europe came and formed England, what difference does it make a people from different ancestries decide to have a common Omambala identity?

1 Like

Re: . by UgwuAghachi: 5:40pm On Nov 10, 2018
somalianprince:
For instance....

Zik from Onitsha

Ojukwu from Nnewi

Achebe from Ogidi

Tansi from Aguleri

Could you see the triangle of monolith? Every community in Anambra has something to offer. That is another simple way of explaining that that binds us together as a monolithic people are more.

Zik from Onitsha but traveled all the way to Afikpo to liase with Ibiam, where he found his wife to marry

Ojukwu from Nnewi but only tasted power after an Afikpo man had enjoyed the power of the seat first

Peter Obi from Onitsha but had to fly down to Ebonyi to beg an Afikpo man Umahi to let him be VP. Mind you Obi didn't even bother going to beg Obiano or Ekweremadu, but he had to beg Umahi
Re: . by BrownRoofRep: 5:43pm On Nov 10, 2018
basilo101:

Obosi that will kill you if you call his town onitsha? Monolithic indeed. I am beginning to think you don't even know the meaning of the word
Not true, Obosi, Nkpor, Ogidi, Nkwelle and to an extent Ogbunike are all reffered as Ontisha.

2 Likes

Re: . by UgwuAghachi: 5:45pm On Nov 10, 2018
Yyeske:
O yeah, can you even listen to yourself? So invariably you are telling us to hate the Igala and Bini influence in Omambala and love the Ibibio and Efik that has little or nothing to do with us?

Nairalanders hope you all can see why we are all hell bent in this Omambala identity stuff, we all can see the clannishness displayed here.

I just stated facts.

Or are you disputing the fact that Benin and Igala are hostile to Ndigbo? During the Nigerian civil war have you forgotten how Benin people were carried out the barbaric act of pointing out Igbo people on their midst to get killed
Re: . by Yyeske(m): 5:48pm On Nov 10, 2018
BrownRoofRep:

Not true, Obosi, Nkpor, Ogidi, Nkwelle and to an extent Ogbunike are all reffered as Ontisha.
Don't mind that one, they'd do everything possible to sow seeds of discord among Omambala people, why they hate that concept is what I don't seem to understand

2 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 5:49pm On Nov 10, 2018
I need the following people to get in touch with me via Email: Horseprogressive@gmail.com.

Ckenneths
Spyder880
Pazienza
Xander85
Cjrane2
Investnow2013
Develpeast
Cooly100
Handsomegod
Purehuman
Kokolet11
Igboid
whirlwind7
OreMI22
Chiwude
Arinzeejikonye
Ariesbull
ChimaAdeoye
Re: . by Yyeske(m): 5:53pm On Nov 10, 2018
UgwuAghachi:

I just stated facts.

Or are you disputing the fact that Benin and Igala are hostile to Ndigbo? During the Nigerian civil war have you forgotten how Benin people were carried out the barbaric act of pointing out Igbo people on their midst to get killed
And you never heard about the Ibibios and Efiks who pointed out the houses of Igbos living amongst them to the Nigerian army during the war, let's not derail the topic please.
Your assertion is that Umu Omambala should hate and deny any Bini or Igala link but to love your supposedly good people of Ibibio and the Efik nation because that's what you want(not as if I have anything against the Ibibio and Efik people).
Clannishness at its peak.

1 Like

Re: . by UgwuAghachi: 5:59pm On Nov 10, 2018
somalianprince:
LOL.. what a gibberish from inferior people, so this is your bargaining chip?

Well it does not remove the fact that Ebonyi people are inferior 3rd class Igbos often regarded as almajiri-Igbos or a.bokis. This is a FACT

[s][/s]

Re: . by goldviaggra: 6:14pm On Nov 10, 2018
[s]
OMANBALA1:

You sound like a mad dog that need to be in chains. Unnecessary emotional outbursts is for mentally weak people. Next time calm down and ask me questions like a normal human and I will explain myself,otherwise keep quiet , or , I will hurt your fragile mind.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: . by UgwuAghachi: 6:34pm On Nov 10, 2018
somalianprince:

It doesn't make Ebonyi an Igbo group. Right from time Ebonyi has always been a northern state, it was carved into SE because of political equation. But aside that they are a non igbo group. cool

And yet the first governor of Eastern Nigeria and Igbo in general is from Ebonyi south. I don't know whether you are naturally unintelligent, mad or both
Re: . by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 10, 2018
basilo101:

Fraud! Scattered disjointed villages in a desperate move to belong to larger grouping

Biko u want make we join nsukka?
Re: . by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 10, 2018
UgwuAghachi:

Who counts ebonyi state in scheme of things.

We don't dissippate our energy to that
Re: . by Chavens: 7:17pm On Nov 10, 2018
Avoid all the enemies of Igbos
Re: . by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 10, 2018
UgwuAghachi:

Zik from Onitsha but traveled all the way to Afikpo to liase with Ibiam, where he found his wife to marry

Ojukwu from Nnewi but only tasted power after an Afikpo man had enjoyed the power of the seat first

Peter Obi from Onitsha but had to fly down to Ebonyi to beg an Afikpo man Umahi to let him be VP. Mind you Obi didn't even bother going to beg Obiano or Ekweremadu, but he had to beg Umahi

Inferiority complex is disturbing u guys.....

Obi went to beg umahi....lolzzz

Abeg this no be argument

Anambra and ebonyi are not mates....biko....

Compare unasef with benue state.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 10, 2018
UgwuAghachi:

And yet the first governor of Eastern Nigeria and Igbo in general is from Ebonyi south. I don't know whether you are naturally unintelligent, mad or both

Since I have known u have been trying to make ebonyi relevant...OK we agree

Can u now face ur sagacious ebonyi state and leave omanbala with their igala brothers alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by GuyWise(m): 7:54pm On Nov 10, 2018
Spyder88 what happened? why did you remove the topic kwanu?

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.