Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,434 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

. - Politics (499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (579472 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 08, 2019
Curlieweed:

I watched the video and I must say that Nwodo was impressive. He clearly did some very useful work in bringing together the Southern and Middle Belt Forums behind a worthy cause.

However, it was obvious from Mumuharri’s antecedents that those efforts were going to be ultimately futile. Some of us predicted that the elections were going to be massively rigged. And that was the case.

If the next few decades were going to be like the last few ones, then I would say that we should continue on this path of building bridges and eventually succeeding in restructuring this country.

However, without sounding too much of a Cassandra, the next few decades in this country are going to be very, very difficult ones. I can’t emphasize this enough. And it will be mainly due to two words, “Global Warming”. Of course Mumuharri’s incompetent economic management will not only exacerbate the downside but will also rob us of the ability to respond flexibly to this impending doom. Watching the “mere commissioner” debate Okwute doesn’t also give much room for hope in his direction. We are literally fcked.

Like I said in an earlier post, the likely scenario is that increasingly frequent droughts in the North as well as population pressures will increase the frequency and intensity of conflicts in the North and Middle Belt (and even start to affect the Northern fringes of Igboland).

As more countries switch to renewable energy supplies, government revenue will slow to a trickle. As economic and security anxieties increase, we will become an obvious target for scapegoating, given our nationwide exposure to commercial activities.

The threats are very, very urgent and while “building bridges” is good, we cannot ever again afford to rely on the kindness of strangers. It had failed us in the past and we can only expect failure in the future. We need to come together and craft a vision and pursue our survival with all the energy we can harness.

We cannot continue to wait for “restructuring” or even outright independence before we get our act to together. If we take the example of Slovenia (in former Yugoslavia, they ignored all the petty rivalry (like we have here; North vs South, SW vs SE), worked on building their homeland and were able to escape the eventual crises, virtually unscathed.

Make no mistake about it. Crises is coming and the sooner we started winding down our commitments outside Igboland the better.

You are really, really talking.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 08, 2019
deadkamalu:
monogamy have reduced our population from what it used to be in the 60s downward,though its a good omen but politically we will keep getting irrelevant in nigeria. just imagine what a state with cities like aba and umuahia delivered in a national election compared to desert gombe and katsina.

political education is paramount to us at this point in time,do you know that igbo votes in benue delivered atiku in that area? i was part of the process and many of our people voted pdp but the indegneous people except for the idomas voted mostly for the apc. it goes to show that most of SE residents are politically naive and disinterested in politics,most of the people i called on that day said they didnt go out to vote because it is useless to them,many of our people share same sentiments especially those at home.

nigeria ga agabanari anyi n'oso ma obu n'anyi akpacharo anya

Okwu gi kwü ötö ka siga.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 08, 2019
Xander85:
Good points Curlieweed!

The meeting was done obviously before the outcome of the rigged elections were known. Sadly, Ohanezes’ calculations didn’t quite pan out as hoped!

The points you raised are germane, but we can be proactive in this regard only in the restructured federation Dr Nwodo was talking of; or alternatively, in our own country! Dr Nwodo talked of supporting Atiku and PDP due to their favourable stand on restructuring, but personally i don’t see any northern president or the northern elite agreeing to a change in the status-quo that would revert the political-economic structures of the country back to its pre-66 settings, thereby giving them a kick in the teeth and leaving them with the short end of the stick! If anything, Buhari forcing himself on Nigerians makes that dream even more distant and unachievable!

Buhari has an agenda to hold the south down while the north Arewa steals unmerited advantages over us in the political-economy of the country! A restructured Nigeria will dagbaru his plans, so as long as he’s the de-facto president we may just as well perish that thought of restructuring! Our only other options are to focus on achieving Biafra or we hunker down and try and ride out the next 4 years, hoping minimal damage would be done to our region and people by the bigot-in-chief sat in Aso-Rock!

Personally, i thought those thinking they could remove the desperate likes of Buhari, Oshiomole, El-Rufai, Amaechi, Tinubu, Keyamo, et-al just by using their PVCS were a bit naive and too trusting!

Your last paragraph has it all.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 08, 2019
[quote author=horsepower101 post=76346995]Xande85 and Curlieweed you guys raised very good points.

But I think that igbos should start divesting their critical and important assets and moving it to the east immediately.

We need to start preparing for a future without Nigeria and get ourselves ready for all eventualities.

I can see so many igbo are beginning to realize this and taking actions but there are still so many that are drowning in the one Nigeria fairytale.

[/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by aniomafirstson: 10:22pm On Mar 13, 2019
I miss this thread
Re: . by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 13, 2019
aniomafirstson:
I miss this thread

Just leave here, is not meant for u
Re: . by aniomafirstson: 10:49pm On Mar 13, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Just leave here, is not meant for u
lol
don't you have a life outside nairaland?

1 Like

Re: . by Daewang: 8:53am On Mar 14, 2019
aniomafirstson:
I miss this thread

They succeeded in killing it.
Re: . by Chekitaut: 12:42am On Mar 16, 2019
Investors needed urgently in trucking, monthly take home is N1,100,000 every month

Investment capacity min of N11,000,000
Terms & Conditions apply
Call: 08055545355

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Xander85: 4:35am On Mar 16, 2019
Daewang:

They succeeded in killing it.

It's Spyder that caved in to the dirty tricks and schemes of those pathetic Igbo haters (like the fool two posts above yours) that felt threatened by the way this thread was ironing out a lot of issues and uniting Igbos from different states and regions into one formidable block! Notice the bastards that camped on this thread 24/7 when it was thriving....trying to start fights between supposed kinsmen, and posting old, degrading and disgusting pics of cities in Alaligbo in a bid to cause divisions in the ranks.....notice they've all disappeared now they think they've succeeded in killing the thread!

Spyder should return the thread title as it was before. The rest of us can police those bigoted scum when they rear their ugly heads again, as i'm sure they're bound to do!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Xander85: 4:49am On Mar 16, 2019
Musical interlude! smiley

The contributions of Ndigbo to the Nigerian music scene is unquantifiable and started way back from the 60s/70s. Enjoy this nostalgic number from Egwugwu; She's My Choice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K18Jo_3VKcQ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by raker300: 6:57am On Mar 16, 2019
Enugu new areas: thinkers corner

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by raker300: 6:58am On Mar 16, 2019
Awka

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by raker300: 6:58am On Mar 16, 2019
Asaba

1 Like

Re: . by raker300: 6:59am On Mar 16, 2019
Onitsha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by raker300: 7:00am On Mar 16, 2019
Awka: Ifite

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by raker300: 7:01am On Mar 16, 2019
Somewhere in anambra

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by raker300: 7:03am On Mar 16, 2019
Fight against erosion in awka.

Anambra battles to rescue land the size of 3 football fields

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by raker300: 7:05am On Mar 16, 2019
Anambra.

I jst love the church building. So elegant and simple

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by raker300: 7:07am On Mar 16, 2019
Enugu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Daewang: 7:42am On Mar 16, 2019
Xander85:

It's Spyder that caved in to the dirty tricks and schemes of those pathetic Igbo haters (like the fool two posts above yours) that felt threatened by the way this thread was ironing out a lot of issues and uniting Igbos from different states and regions into one formidable block! Notice the bastards that camped on this thread 24/7 when it was thriving....trying to start fights between supposed kinsmen, and posting old, degrading and disgusting pics of cities in Alaligbo in a bid to cause divisions in the ranks.....notice they've all disappeared now they think they've succeeded in killing the thread!

Spyder should return the thread title as it was before. The rest of us can police those bigoted scum when they rear their ugly heads again, as i'm sure they're bound to do!

We need some form of control on this thread to be able to deal with them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 16, 2019
Xander85:

U guys are killing yourselves in rivers state(niger delta) and you are here claiming igb where ur fellow niger deltans are dying in cold blood.
Have u lost your conscience? Or is it not humans that is been killed.
Igbos are not known to be violent and as such we have finished and concluded our elections.
Who is a fool here when una brothers they fight like idiots and u are here looking for a threa to be opened for u.

Go and create a rivers state thread or niger delta thread.....or u can seek my help I will create that for you guys.
Re: . by Xander85: 1:03pm On Mar 16, 2019
raker300:

This is what i like to see! Though areas reclaimed should be landscaped and made to look appealing to the eyes. Normally, we just do the barest minimum without going the extra mile to make the reclaimed area stand out in a unique way.
Re: . by superlightning: 8:45am On Mar 17, 2019
Erosion of land isn't our only problem in alaigbo. There is erosion of human resources.

1. Anambra son, Bennet omalu, a "concussion" celebrated neuropathologist, left Nigeria due to Nigeria's political and economic instability. after discovering Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE) in Americas most lucrative sport, the NFL (American football), America made him their citizen immediately. He was honored by the american medical association with a lifetime achievement award. Will Smith played his character in 2015 in the film "concussion".
OUR HUMAN RESOURCES ARE BEING ERODED FROM OUR LANDS.

1 Like

Re: . by superlightning: 8:58am On Mar 17, 2019
2. Abia state son, Professor Samuel Achilefu, invented a device that can see cancer cells in real time. this has really helped in the study of oncology all over the world. He left an economically distraught Nigeria for scholarship in France before moving to america, ever since, he has remained america and Europe's beloved in medical research. he has won awards for his groundbreaking innovations.

1 Like

Re: . by superlightning: 9:12am On Mar 17, 2019
Dr Kalu Ogbureke, a celebrated maxillofacial surgeon, left Nigeria when he discovered that Nigeria's medical system had taken a downturn. Today, he is the 2016 (and first black) receipent of the King James IV professorship in UK. His contributions to maxillofacial surgery is unprecedented as of today. HOW DID WE LOSE THIS BRAIN?

1 Like

Re: . by Chekitaut: 1:52am On Mar 20, 2019
Bring your dump truck, we put to use have a take home of N1,100,000/month.
Call 08055545355

Re: . by superlightning: 10:32am On May 07, 2019
Las las e go beta.
Abia must get their basic infrastructure right. roads, drainages, etc
Anambra must not relent in their urban renewal
Ebonyi must find a way to leave poverty
Enugu must engage in massive rural development
IMO must complete their urbanization projects.
obigbo in rivers must push for urbanization in their communities
anioma needs better roads and electrification.

1 Like

Re: . by weownthewest: 9:30am On May 09, 2019
superlightning:
Las las e go beta.

Abia must get their basic infrastructure right. roads, drainages, etc

Anambra must not relent in their urban renewal

Ebonyi must find a way to leave poverty

Enugu must engage in massive rural development

IMO must complete their urbanization projects.

obigbo in rivers must push for urbanization in their communities

anioma needs better roads and electrification.
Re: . by weownthewest: 9:31am On May 09, 2019
raker300:

Very good.
Re: . by weownthewest: 9:33am On May 09, 2019
raker300:
Anambra.

I jst love the church building. So elegant and simple
Looks like these churches attended by African Americans in the US.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.