Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

. - Politics (501) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (583047 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:23pm On Nov 14, 2019
This is Abakpa Nike, Enugu. This is the inner section of Abakpa. Very highly populated. You can see some roads not tarred since the days of Adam. But that does not mean thousands of people are not building and moving into Abakpa.

3 Likes

Re: . by somalianprince: 7:24pm On Nov 14, 2019
[s]
Anago0147:
. See the troll here

Did you see your fellow abakaleke people that were rounded up today in Awka by the Anambra state govt? Ebonyi people are 4th class igbos. cheesy
Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:28pm On Nov 14, 2019
I can't believe it. But this is Abakpa Nike.

2 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:30pm On Nov 14, 2019
New houses growing in every part of the old city of Abakpa Nike.

The home of Igwe Edward Nnaji of blessed memory.

2 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:32pm On Nov 14, 2019
Does anyone still remember the very upright man, Igwe Edward Nnaji of Enugu (Not only Nike)

We should celebrate our own, especially when they are men of integrity.

3 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 7:34pm On Nov 14, 2019
What if land lords came together and start building roads in their own neighborhoods? At this point there is no need to depend on government for roads. The rate of housing development far surpasses the funds for building and maintaining roads

2 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:37pm On Nov 14, 2019
horsepower101:
What if land lords came together and start building roads in their own neighborhoods? At this point there is no need to depend on government for roads. The rate of housing development far surpasses the funds for building and maintaining roads

Yes. And I think the cost should be passed to tenants. The rate with which buildings are springing up in their thousands, no state government can match it with provision of roads, and other very important infrastructure.

4 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
Abakpa Nike, Enugu.

2 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:41pm On Nov 14, 2019
More pictures of Abakpa later. I just love the way the whole area is developing.

1 Like

Re: . by somalianprince: 7:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
This is a useless thread. Can't it be used for proffering industrial, economic development solutions, than usual posting pictures of what have posted on other states threads years ago.
Re: . by somalianprince: 7:44pm On Nov 14, 2019
Is going about joblessly from state to state taking pictures of the same areas that have previously been covered the aim of this thread?
Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:47pm On Nov 14, 2019
Whenever I am in Abakpa, it evokes in me old memories. I remember when we were taking lectures at the WAEC and JAMB preparatory classes at 'Ogba' grin

2 Likes

Re: . by somalianprince: 7:48pm On Nov 14, 2019
There is absolutely no new thing to post, all of igbo land has been covered pictorially before now. So why repeating the same thing over and over?

Let this useless thread focus on new projects if any across the region.
Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:48pm On Nov 14, 2019
Modern Abakpa with newer developments. I love to see the changes that happen daily.

4 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
Did anyone notice that Abakpa is getting greener? grin

Abakpa is now planting trees! Wonderful grin

2 Likes

Re: . by somalianprince: 7:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
You need a job, if not an old man like you shouldn't be walking around aimlessly taking pictures cheesy
Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:52pm On Nov 14, 2019
Gat to go and meet friends in Enugu. Its gonna be a long night as we come out to discuss politics, football and everything in the city.

It's a really enjoyable city.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 7:52pm On Nov 14, 2019
Will be back.
Re: . by somalianprince: 7:54pm On Nov 14, 2019
Better think of something better to do with your life, than moving around aimlessly taking pictures so you could get some "likes" when you post. At your age, you should be more reasonable
Re: . by horsepower101: 7:55pm On Nov 14, 2019
ckenneths:
Did anyone notice that Abakpa is getting greener? grin

Abakpa is now planting trees! Wonderful grin

I am not familiar with abakpa area so I can really compare but kudos to them for encouraging greenery in the area.

I would love to start seeing trees in the major parts of Onitsha. I dont want it to become a concrete jungle.

1 Like

Re: . by somalianprince: 7:56pm On Nov 14, 2019
You have been doing this for the past 7yrs- walking up and down taking pictures like onye nut pulu na Isi. cheesy
Re: . by somalianprince: 7:57pm On Nov 14, 2019
Kam bia kwa
cheesy
Re: . by IGBOSON1: 8:00pm On Nov 14, 2019
horsepower101:

Yet the useless gov’t will still be collecting all manner of taxes!

2 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 8:06pm On Nov 14, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Yet the useless gov’t will still be collecting all manner of taxes!

Yes that won’t be acceptable. If I were the government, I will incentivize property owners to form neighborhood organizations and build their own roads. I will regulate the building codes that they use. But I will also give them tax breaks.

If this happens, all the inners roads will be built up within 4 years.

1 Like

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 8:15pm On Nov 14, 2019
horsepower101:

Yes that won’t be acceptable. If I were the government, I will incentivize property owners to form neighborhood organizations and build their own roads. I will regulate the building codes that they use. But I will also give them tax breaks.

If this happens, all the inners roads will be built up within 4 years.

Its possible. Government cannot do everything. They just need to provide the enabling environment.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 14, 2019
This means and opportunity are being used to thank you Spyder880 for restoring the trade's name.

The trade really brought those who want the progress of Nd'Igbo and Al'Igbo together and it it will subsequently continue to do so.

The trolls seem inevitable but we should see it as part of the whole. The best response to the trolls kwesiri ibu igba nkiti, agbanyeghi ife onyewanu na-ekwu.

Dalu!

3 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 8:21pm On Nov 14, 2019
ckenneths:

Its possible. Government cannot do everything. They just need to provide the enabling environment.

Exactly!

Besides, We already provide our own security, water, electricity, jobs, phone, internet, education, health care etc. Lol

We do almost everything for ourselves.

We might as well start building our own roads.

2 Likes

Re: . by SLAP44: 10:14pm On Nov 14, 2019
I am so glad this wonderful thread is back cheesy

I will sit down and enjoy the progress of ndi be anyi.

2 Likes

Re: . by SLAP44: 10:19pm On Nov 14, 2019
ckenneths:
Modern Abakpa with newer developments. I love to see the changes that happen daily.

Please show us what changed. We need to see the things that are changing in our towns. Many of us are not home nd might take a few years to return home. I beg you in the name of a God, keep this thread alive. If it means contributing money for you, we will do so. God bless you nwanne mmadu.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 14, 2019
Please nobody should draw omambala ethnicity back with this thread. We have moved forward and advancing. This thread suppose to remain as it is because it has outlived it's usefulness. We already have threads created for omambala ethnicity. We can't accuse government of duplication of functions and you still doing such.

spyder880 If you need to promote your thread while not indulging other make sure this moniker IGBOSON1 is not seen around this thread.

I may not call him a spy but on a serious issue if he remains here this threads is bound to die off again.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: . by SLAP44: 11:06pm On Nov 14, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Please nobody should draw omambala ethnicity back with this thread. We have moved forward and advancing. This thread suppose to remain as it is because it has outlived it's usefulness. We already have threads created for omambala ethnicity. We can't accuse government of duplication of functions and you still doing such.

spyder880 If you need to promote your thread while not indulging other make sure this moniker IGBOSON1 is not seen around this thread.

I may not call him a spy but on a serious issue if he remains here this threads is bound to die off again.

You are not an Igbo man. I have busted you many times and we don't know why you are masquerading around Igbo forums trying to belong. Maybe, just maybe God will help you become an Igbo person in your next life. But for now, return to your tribe and stop trying to confuse yourself thinking you are confusing anyone.

We know you and your negative antecedents.

3 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 11:23pm On Nov 14, 2019
SLAP44:

You are not an Igbo man. I have busted you many times and we don't know why you are masquerading around Igbo forums trying to belong. Maybe, just maybe God will help you become an Igbo person in your next life. But for now, return to your tribe and stop trying to confuse yourself thinking you are confusing anyone.

We know you and your negative antecedents.

Please don’t ever respond. You should know better.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.