Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android (23799 Views)

Why Iphone 13 Is The Worst Iphone Apple Has Ever Made... / Iphone 12 The Beast, Why Iphone Is The Father Of All Phones / Why Iphone Is Better Than Android. Appledoc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 21, 2018
blaizy:
let me park here and wait for mr greenhulk

I don't want to comment on this thread. The op has some good points but some of his points are also not true like saying iPhones are easier to use. That's not true, u need many taps to get into some settings on a iPhone while on Android just 1-2 taps u are where u wanna be. There are some things iOS do better than Android that the op didn't even include, I will write an article about that. But for everything iOS does better, there are 2 more things Android does better.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by Ovie56(m): 11:42am On Apr 21, 2018
OVA200:
I can't agree with you OP you are too one sided, almost all the things you listed up there are basic phone features nothing exceptional,

Sharing with family when you can share with almost everybody in the world with Android.

You are talking about Face ID that was invented by an android phone, why can't apple think and create their own security means?

You said apple is the easiest phone to use? that's when I lost interest in your write up, customization on Android is to give the user the privilege to set up their phone in any convenient way possible, you are talking about unlocking your and opening an app immediately have you forgotten android can also be set up the same way?

What do you mean by OS updates when you want them? Does that means anytime apple user want an update they will just go to system update and update it even without apple releasing the updates? Or what you meant to say is steady updates? If that's it then you partially right but their some Android brands with steady updates too like oneplus, google pixel, etc.

What do you about the best app first? we all know in term of app availability and possibly finding app for anything you want to do android wins, no even launcher for iPhone.

In term of bloatware you are right that's you only valid point to me.

Works beautifully with macs then what about all other electronic gadget in the world? you too know Android support all those way more than iPhone do.

Samsung pay does what you are boosting about in apple pay too so whats the exaggeration about.

Best support and help on iPhone more than Android haaa am hearing this for the first time, in term of everything about phone Android earn better support and help than iPhone let's even start from here nairaland take it any other social media android will win, do you how common calcare, slot, hublot, etc are very common in almost every city in Nigeria compare it to iPhone stores.

To chip in my view: I will consider Android ahead of iPhone because apart from common differences we know and better features we know about both phones I consider android better because even the best iPhone in the market now iPhone X is half done by Samsung and Samsung even earn more than apple on it that means their will be android knowledge in it, more so Apple have failed to introduce any new features for a long time now all what they do is over twist already exist features by Android manufacturers, so if apple can stand on it own I will consider them above.
Do you really believe $110 paid for each screen make Samsung earn more than apple on iphone x.. i mean really? iphone 10 production cost is about $480 and it retails for over $1000 lets even allocate $200 on each device to marketing cost still thats huge profit margin and when uoue say earn you make it sound as if the screen will cost Samsung no money... you are really funny
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by ollah2: 11:42am On Apr 21, 2018
Ovie56:
seriously? A7 faster than 1phone 7... don't make me laugh the only Note 8 and s9,9+ is faster than ipjone 7.. for some bizarre reason which i don't know iphone 7 is even faster than iPhone 8 and 10

The bizarre reason is iOS 11
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by ollah2: 11:45am On Apr 21, 2018
greenhulk:

I don't want to comment on this thread. The op has some good points but some of his points are also not true like saying iPhones are easier to use. That's not true, u need many taps to get into some settings on a iPhone while on Android just 1-2 taps u are where u wanna be. There are some things iOS do better than Android that the op didn't even include, I will write an article about that. But for everything iOS does better, there are 2 more things Android does better.

Honestly I laugh when I hear or read the bolded. I wonder why phone reviewers are sometimes sympathetic about iPhones and Apple in general. It's pretty bad tho
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by blaizy: 11:48am On Apr 21, 2018
greenhulk:

lol..Well said..waiting on your article though.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by Rockstar07: 12:05pm On Apr 21, 2018
Singapore1:

everytime you visit the already opened tab again, it has to reload again

But that’s how all phones operate or is that I’m not getting you?
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by Ovie56(m): 12:09pm On Apr 21, 2018
ollah2:

The bizarre reason is iOS 11
yea... i don't think they're ready to realse ios 11 yet.. i think they rushed it
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by AkpaMgbor(m): 12:10pm On Apr 21, 2018
ollah2:

You are wrong here. Very wrong. In our society, people buy these things to look rich amongst their peers and elsewhere. A lady was recently busted for using his boyfriend ATM to buy iPhone 8 plus and iPhone X from Jumia while currently using iPhone 7 plus. Most people spend money on these things to look bigger and feel superior.. They wanna make people know I'm using the latest iPhone not because of the camera or other functionalities. They end up using the same snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, and play candy crush and subway surfers.

Which phone is even priced 400usd?

An average consumer isn't you and I
I consider myself an average consumer.. I use my phone mainly for WhatsApp, Reddit,music streaming,camera and video shooting and occasional online chess playing..I think that’s pretty much average to me..I don’t consider myself a power user when looking at my usage pattern.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by AkpaMgbor(m): 12:12pm On Apr 21, 2018
greenhulk:

Should it even be in contention that iPhones are easier to use? Helloooo welcome to 3D Touch! I can basically do a lot of things on my phone by using the 3D Touch feature without needing to navigate much..this is 2018.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 21, 2018
ollah2:

Great your iPhone 5s still works same way some people still have old Android phones that still works. My old S3 which was given to a street younger brother still works though he has changed the battery. The fancy Android phones can be any Android phone as you aren't specific enough.

There are loads of people with old window laptops that will works perfectly well. So don't asssociate it with just MacBooks

Yes US made appliances are made durable same way some European and Korean appliances. The appliances in your house give you problems right? Are they made in US? Or the Toyota and Honda in Nigeria are made in US? Aren't they durable? Quit overhyping US products like others aren't good enough or better

I believe in giving praise where praise is due. First of all, there is nothing like a 'windows laptop'. Windows is an operating system, not hardware, and it is virtually impossible to get an hp, dell, lenovo, asus or toshiba that has the kind of durability that macbooks have. Most need at least, a battery change, after like one or two years.

As for other appliances, I believe my statement was that 'US made appliances are usually very durable'. This does not detract from the durability of non US appliances produced in some other regions. It merely implies that the US sets higher standards for internally consumed products and does not compromise these standards for a lower sales price. It seems to me that trying to look for flaws in the statement is only being argumentative. And even with that, at the risk of going off topic, whatever advantages Honda and Toyota cars have in fuel economy and lower repair costs; speaking from my experience with the cars and trucks I have used; their power, chassis strength and durability is incomparable to the average Ford or Jeep Cherokee of a similar build.

I do not know why you feel so offended about my point of view, if you want to use android, it is totally up to you. I have used and am still using, devices across the spectrum, and I have found apple to be the best in durability, despite certain drawbacks in other areas. You might agree or you might not, you are entitled to your opinion.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by ollah2: 12:22pm On Apr 21, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

I consider myself an average consumer.. I use my phone mainly for WhatsApp, Reddit,music streaming,camera and video shooting and occasional online chess playing..I think that’s pretty much average to me..I don’t consider myself a power user when looking at my usage pattern.

You could consider yourself one but you aren't. The reason is because you are online and you read from peole that knows more about it. To the average joe on your street who might be using an expensive phone, you are a power user.

An average user can't engage someone discussing about chipset, RAM, ROM, NAND, Aperture, resolutions et al.

How many Reddit users do you know offline? You tinker with your camera but an average user just point and shoot/video.
What online chess game do you plkay?
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by AkpaMgbor(m): 12:40pm On Apr 21, 2018
ollah2:

You could consider yourself one but you aren't. The reason is because you are online and you read from peole that knows more about it. To the average joe on your street who might be using an expensive phone, you are a power user.

An average user can't engage someone discussing about chipset, RAM, ROM, NAND, Aperture, resolutions et al.

How many Reddit users do you know offline? You tinker with your camera but an average user just point and shoot/video.
What online chess game do you plkay?
Lichess.com and followchess.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by ollah2: 12:40pm On Apr 21, 2018
Farmerforlife:

I believe in giving praise where praise is due. First of all, there is nothing like a 'windows laptop'. Windows is an operating system, not hardware, and it is virtually impossible to get an hp, dell, lenovo, asus or toshiba that has the kind of durability that macbooks have. Most need at least, a battery change, after like one or two years.

As for other appliances, I believe my statement was that 'US made appliances are usually very durable'. This does not detract from the durability of non US appliances produced in some other regions. It merely implies that the US sets higher standards for internally consumed products and does not compromise these standards for a lower sales price. It seems to me that trying to look for flaws in the statement is only being argumentative. And even with that, at the risk of going off topic, whatever advantages Honda and Toyota cars have in fuel economy and lower repair costs; speaking from my experience with the cars and trucks I have used; their power, chassis strength and durability is incomparable to the average Ford or Jeep Cherokee of a similar build.

I do not know why you feel so offended about my point of view, if you want to use android, it is totally up to you. I have used and am still using, devices across the spectrum, and I have found apple to be the best in durability, despite certain drawbacks in other areas. You might agree or you might not, you are entitled to your opinion.

If there is nothing like 'Windows laptop' , what are HP , Acer, Asus etc laptops rrunning windows called? Why is an android phone called an Android phone? Isn't Android an operating system?

You are sentimental and obviously a fanboy, there are loads of Windows laptops from low end to mid range to high end but an individual is concluding that Windows laptops aren't durable enough to match MacBook without any proof whatsoever. If you need to change your battery after a year or two, it's based on the usage of the person. Do you have any idea about battery technology? Do you know the number of cycles of batteries are fixed before it starts messing up?

If US sets standard, it's basically for the companies and not just American companies. Understand this simple thing, China is known to produce everything from rubbish to the best, they will export the best to USA because of standard of the country and bring rubbish to Nigeria.

Don't attach it to just American companies, there is a reason why phones have US edition. Cars have American specs. These exclusives are done by companies outside the shores of USA but sell their products in the states. I'm not offended by anything but like you said it's your opinion and it ends as your opinion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by ollah2: 12:42pm On Apr 21, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

Lichess.com and followchess.

Gonna check it out. Btw, an average consumer doesn't even know you can change your keyboard
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by AkpaMgbor(m): 12:42pm On Apr 21, 2018
ollah2:

If there is nothing like 'Windows laptop' , what are HP , Acer, Asus etc laptops rrunning windows called? Why is an android phone called an Android phone? Isn't Android an operating system?

You are sentimental and obviously a fanboy, there are loads of Windows laptops from low end to mid range to high end but an individual is concluding that Windows laptops aren't durable enough to match MacBook without any proof whatsoever. If you need to change your battery after a year or two, it's based on the usage of the person. Do you have any idea about battery technology? Do you know the number of cycles of batteries are fixed before it starts messing up?

If US sets standard, it's basically for the companies and not just American companies. Understand this simple thing, China is known to produce everything from rubbish to the best, they will export the best to USA because of standard of the country and bring rubbish to Nigeria.

Don't attach it to just American companies, there is a reason why phones have US edition. Cars have American specs. These exclusives are done by companies outside the shores of USA but sell their products in the states. I'm not offended by anything but like you said it's your opinion and it ends as your opinion.

Nawao..your last two paragraphs basically reiterated the person you quoted points naa..you just enjoy long talk shaa..
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by AkpaMgbor(m): 12:45pm On Apr 21, 2018
ollah2:

Gonna check it out. Btw, an average consumer doesn't even know you can change your keyboard
Many “average consumers” going by your standards will still be okay using a 5s..and do you know the best part of it all? They will still enjoy it! A phone of over 5 years and yet it still runs smoothly and reasonable efficiency!
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by ollah2: 12:49pm On Apr 21, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

Many “average consumers” going by your standards will still be okay using a 5s..and do you know the best part of it all? They will still enjoy it! A phone of over 5 years and yet it still runs smoothly and reasonable efficiency!

I'm not disputing that fact but some factors could make some people buy that 5s which are price, size and I must use an iPhone. A consumer seeking to buy an Android phone wouldn't buy a 2013 version in 2018 because there are several options for him within his price point and they will perform pretty well.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by Olifiz(m): 1:15pm On Apr 21, 2018
Sinof:
Iphone Is To Smartphones What Mercedese/Rolls Royce Is To Automobiles. While Android Based Smartphones Are Just Like Toyota, Nissan, Innoson Etc

Techno is innoson

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by tbadejo25: 2:28pm On Apr 21, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

I don't know which 5s you're using that runs smoothly but the iPhone 6 sef is almost unusable for heavy users.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by Hassan080196(m): 5:17pm On Apr 21, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

Another false information..see the screenshot below..and I can get it for free!

When I said vidmate, I didn't mean the one that just stream YouTube videos, the one that can download videos on YouTube just like the android vidmate
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by m003: 7:47am On Apr 22, 2018
Farmerforlife:

True, but there are high end android phones like HTC or Samsung.

As for the processors, it is not about who makes them, but about the standards required. Apple sets are made in China but to high quality standards set by apple. It is not everything made in China that is low standard. Anyway, as I said earlier, my firm belief in apple's durability is from direct experience.
I'm not disputing your view, what I'm saying is when poeple compare android and Iphone they don't use high end Android phones insted they generalize it. A better comparison will be Iphone and Google Pixel since both companies manufactured the hardware and software. Buy the way the reason why most people stick to old Ipone for long is because the so called upgrade are most of the time unnoticed by the average Nigerian who use it for show off and selfies. My opinion
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by akeentech(m): 12:32pm On Jun 13, 2018
ollah2:

Really??
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by akeentech(m): 12:45pm On Jun 13, 2018
post=66894726:
I can counter all this shiiii.. but no I won't use the one you like me I like Samsung.. You like iPhone so no need to fight
try this
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by Princejibril: 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2018
Yet Huawei has overtaken iPhone as the second best selling smartphone behind Samsung, which happens to be an Android device maker.
Save me all these iPhone craps jooor.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by freyainfosys(m): 8:04am On Apr 05, 2019
Android has improved on this by the ever-evolving hardware that makes it unnoticed and Apple offers a more secure and standard platform for development.
https://www.freyainfosys.com/top-mobile-technology-trends-2019/
Re: 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android by Uchetechs(m): 9:08pm On Sep 19, 2019
You can download iOS 13 now on iPhone 11, 11 PRO Max and Older iPhone devices...

It supportss iPods too. >> https://www.uchetechs.com/2019/09/how-to-download-and-install-ios-13-on-iPhone-iPod.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NIN-SIM Linkage: Unblocking SIM Cards Require Linkage - NCC / WhatsApp Is Back And Working Perfectly Now / Tor Browser(vidalia) Password

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.