Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,743 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today (23218 Views)

Things You Should Start Doing To Live Longer / The Side Effect Of Eating Tomatoes; See This Now To Be Safe / Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by niqqaclaimz(m): 6:41am On Apr 21, 2018
Lemme repharse a litle bit.

Would you believe if i told you tomatoes is a citrus fruit??

Tomatoes is a red citrus fruit which is mistaken to be a vegetable. This fruit is found anywhere around the world and is used to prepare dish such as stew,jellof rice, salad,add to indomie to make it palatable. Due to the high acidity in tomatoes it can be stored or canned. Adult and children eat it while some prefer it in dish.
Personal I did prefer it to dish but when I started to research on tomatoes and how beneficial it could be to human health, I found out that it’s nutrients are best utilized and beneficial to the body
when eaten in it’s fresh state.So I had to switch things up by eating it in it’s fresh state.
So here are the benefits of eating tomatoes

Prevent and fight cancer-

Tomatoes contains a substance called lycopene.
This substance lycopene in tomatoes makes it red.
The lycopene when in human system fights and ward off cancer.
The good part about this is that it fights all type of cancer. Postrate cancer,stomach cancer name it,it prevent and fights it off.

Lower’s risk of heart disease-

Research and study has been made and it was found out that people who eat more of tomatoes tend to have lower risk of heart disease.
Nutrients such as folate,vitamin B6 and niacin help to reduce cardiovascular disease.
So it is essential you eat at least two fresh ball of tomatoes.

Reduce depression-

Study has shown that more intake of tomatoes help to reduce depression.
Tomatoes contain this nutrients named folate.
High concentration of folate in human system help reduce depression which tomatoes is rich in.

Lower sugar level-

Tomatoes contains an antioxidant named alpha-lipoic acid.This alpha-lipoic acid help turn glucose into energy.The ALA enhances the body ability to use it’s own insulin to lower
sugar level in blood and also fights diabetes type 2.
The Ala also reduce symptoms of neuropathy which causes nerve damage and is caused by diabetes.

A good healthy skin-

Tomatoes is rich in vitamin c which the collagen,the connective tissue in our skin which helps with firmness,supply and constant renewal which is vital for skin elasticity.
So the collagen needs vitamin c to function well.
Vitamin c protects the skin from sun damage,pollutants and harmful uv rays.

Healthy hair-

Do you experience hair damage as hair fall often and you don’t know how to go about it,tomatoes is a sure bet,a good remedy.Tomatoes would provide your scalp with the nutrition it needs to grow.
How do you go about this;

Just grind about 2-3 balls of tomatoes and apply the juice to your
scalp and leave for 20 minutes the wash it with luke warm water.

READ ALSO;HOME REMEDIES FOR DAMAGED HAIR

Improve your eye health-

Vitamin A is essential for a bright healthy sight.
Low level of vitamin A in the body will lead to your eyes having hard time to detect light and send visual information to the brain.
So having a cup of tomatoes which is 2-3 ball of tomatoes contains around 700mcg-900mcg of vitamin A.
So it is essential you have this everyday as it helps eye vision to be sharp and healthy and being able to detect light and send visual information to the brain.

Control cholesterol level-

Vitamin B as well as potassium help lower cholesterol level which usually goes high as a result of unbalanced meal which is high in sugar and unhealthy fat which can lead to heart disease.

Healthy kidney-

Eating tomatoes on a daily basis makes your kidney healthy and also gets you a less chance of developing a gallstones or any other kidney disease. So tomatoes are good for the kidney.

Anti-smoking damages-

The many mineral and vitamins present in the tomatoes help to deal with the damages done by smoking in the lungs as well as other systems of the body.

http://www.dietfitelt.com.ng/benefits-of-eating-tomatoes/

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by Aliyeous(m): 6:54am On Apr 21, 2018
Very Educative thumbs up op

7 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by Nobody: 7:34am On Apr 21, 2018
Very informative thanks for the article

7 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by Samsimple(m): 8:02am On Apr 21, 2018
I eat tomato almost everyday... Weda na form of stew or soup na cha tomato.. Abi i lie

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by niqqaclaimz(m): 8:30am On Apr 21, 2018
BSoul1001:
Very informative thanks for the article

Sure thing...

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by niqqaclaimz(m): 8:32am On Apr 21, 2018
Aliyeous:

Tanx brah..
Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by niqqaclaimz(m): 8:34am On Apr 21, 2018
Samsimple:
I eat tomato almost everyday... Weda na form of stew or soup na cha tomato.. Abi i lie
You dne mean it..

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by centmanuel(m): 10:42am On Apr 21, 2018
Thank you and God bless #niqqaclaimz
Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by niqqaclaimz(m): 11:28am On Apr 21, 2018
centmanuel:
Thank you and God bless #niqqaclaimz

You too man
Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by niqqaclaimz(m): 7:14am On Apr 26, 2018
Why not lalasticlala push dis article so people can read
and be informed..

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by eluquenson(m): 10:25am On Apr 26, 2018
Okay good

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by Waakanda: 10:27am On Apr 26, 2018
Issorite.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by lilfreezy: 10:27am On Apr 26, 2018
Tomato that buhari has been De-marketing.

4 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by Mutemenot(m): 10:28am On Apr 26, 2018
Wow. I enjoy raw tomatoes often. It's one of my best vegetable

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by ameri9ja: 10:30am On Apr 26, 2018
How about if u don't like tomato

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by IVORY2009(m): 10:31am On Apr 26, 2018
Tomape...shocked
Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by Macheteros1: 10:31am On Apr 26, 2018
Na so.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by chrisbaxtian(m): 10:31am On Apr 26, 2018
niqqaclaimz:
Lemme repharse a litle bit.

Would you believe if i told you tomatoes is a citrus fruit??

Tomatoes is a red citrus fruit which is mistaken to be a vegetable. This fruit is found anywhere around the world and is used to prepare dish such as stew,jellof rice, salad,add to indomie to make it palatable. Due to the high acidity in tomatoes it can be stored or canned. Adult and children eat it while some prefer it in dish.
Personal I did prefer it to dish but when I started to research on tomatoes and how beneficial it could be to human health, I found out that it’s nutrients are best utilized and beneficial to the body
when eaten in it’s fresh state.So I had to switch things up by eating it in it’s fresh state.
So here are the benefits of eating tomatoes

Prevent and fight cancer-

Tomatoes contains a substance called lycopene.
This substance lycopene in tomatoes makes it red.
The lycopene when in human system fights and ward off cancer.
The good part about this is that it fights all type of cancer. Postrate cancer,stomach cancer name it,it prevent and fights it off.

Lower’s risk of heart disease-

Research and study has been made and it was found out that people who eat more of tomatoes tend to have lower risk of heart disease.
Nutrients such as folate,vitamin B6 and niacin help to reduce cardiovascular disease.
So it is essential you eat at least two fresh ball of tomatoes.

Reduce depression-

Study has shown that more intake of tomatoes help to reduce depression.
Tomatoes contain this nutrients named folate.
High concentration of folate in human system help reduce depression which tomatoes is rich in.

Lower sugar level-

Tomatoes contains an antioxidant named alpha-lipoic acid.This alpha-lipoic acid help turn glucose into energy.The ALA enhances the body ability to use it’s own insulin to lower
sugar level in blood and also fights diabetes type 2.
The Ala also reduce symptoms of neuropathy which causes nerve damage and is caused by diabetes.

A good healthy skin-

Tomatoes is rich in vitamin c which the collagen,the connective tissue in our skin which helps with firmness,supply and constant renewal which is vital for skin elasticity.
So the collagen needs vitamin c to function well.
Vitamin c protects the skin from sun damage,pollutants and harmful uv rays.

Healthy hair-

Do you experience hair damage as hair fall often and you don’t know how to go about it,tomatoes is a sure bet,a good remedy.Tomatoes would provide your scalp with the nutrition it needs to grow.
How do you go about this;

Just grind about 2-3 balls of tomatoes and apply the juice to your
scalp and leave for 20 minutes the wash it with luke warm water.

READ ALSO;HOME REMEDIES FOR DAMAGED HAIR

Improve your eye health-

Vitamin A is essential for a bright healthy sight.
Low level of vitamin A in the body will lead to your eyes having hard time to detect light and send visual information to the brain.
So having a cup of tomatoes which is 2-3 ball of tomatoes contains around 700mcg-900mcg of vitamin A.
So it is essential you have this everyday as it helps eye vision to be sharp and healthy and being able to detect light and send visual information to the brain.

Control cholesterol level-

Vitamin B as well as potassium help lower cholesterol level which usually goes high as a result of unbalanced meal which is high in sugar and unhealthy fat which can lead to heart disease.

Healthy kidney-

Eating tomatoes on a daily basis makes your kidney healthy and also gets you a less chance of developing a gallstones or any other kidney disease. So tomatoes are good for the kidney.

Anti-smoking damages-

The many mineral and vitamins present in the tomatoes help to deal with the damages done by smoking in the lungs as well as other systems of the body.

http://www.dietfitelt.com.ng/benefits-of-eating-tomatoes/

half truths abound! lycopene doesn't have any medicinal value! it's a poor antioxidant in vitro

5 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by Sharon6(f): 10:31am On Apr 26, 2018
Informative and educative. Thanks for sharing OP

GIVE YOUR SKIN A TREAT, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by Olukokosir(m): 10:32am On Apr 26, 2018
ameri9ja:

U gz lyk it.

Ur body go dey shine. If u cum dey rub am for face, e dey clear pimples nd oily face too

M a living witness

3 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by fiercehillz(m): 10:33am On Apr 26, 2018
I can testify to these facts...you are bound to look way younger than your real age when you consume tomato at least thrice a week. Daily intake is still the best though.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:34am On Apr 26, 2018
Looking 4 wia 2 buy tomatoes naw....

Tnx op

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by Hapigirlxoxo(f): 10:35am On Apr 26, 2018
ameri9ja:

Start liking it

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by Godspowerlive: 10:35am On Apr 26, 2018
Na this kind news we want no be

BBniaja people committing fornication for open place

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by ABDULSODEEQ(m): 10:35am On Apr 26, 2018
Olukokosir:

U gz lyk it.

Ur body go dey shine. If u cum dey rub am for face, e dey clear pimples nd oily face too

M a living witness
Oga abeg tell me more,are you serious or joking,no b say I no fresh oo wink but I'll like to be more fresher tongue

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by Olukokosir(m): 10:40am On Apr 26, 2018
ABDULSODEEQ:

Oga abeg tell me more,are you serious or joking,no b say I no fresh oo wink but I'll like to be more fresher tongue

I no lie bro.. I apply it to my face on daily basis nd I also eat it everyday.

My face dey shine.. No black spot, my face no dey oily again nd I no cum gt pimples

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by ameri9ja: 10:45am On Apr 26, 2018
Hapigirlxoxo:

Start liking it

Why don't u start liking men instead of women
Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by ameri9ja: 10:47am On Apr 26, 2018
Olukokosir:

U gz lyk it.

M a living witness

Na lie. They say that about every vegetable, even sperm

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by rhythyson: 10:49am On Apr 26, 2018
Aliyeous:

e don tay wen Aboki don dey put tomatoes for the suya wen we dey it jare..

i beg park well grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by nagoma(m): 10:49am On Apr 26, 2018
All these unproven ramblings ... where are the scientific papers ? when and where did the studies take place?
Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by lurlah2014(f): 10:49am On Apr 26, 2018
Nice one
Health is wealth

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by Olukokosir(m): 10:55am On Apr 26, 2018
ameri9ja:

Na lie. They say that about every vegetable, even sperm

Na female dey use sperm rub body.

Naso I hear ooo.. Buh tomatoes is very good

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Need Urgent Assistance With Vitiligo. / COVID-19: CFL To Release 20-Minute Result Oriented Test Kit Into Nigerian Market / Coronavirus: Cure In Sight As Australian Scientists Recreate Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.