Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,612 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today (23211 Views)

Things You Should Start Doing To Live Longer / The Side Effect Of Eating Tomatoes; See This Now To Be Safe / Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by Cupie22(f): 10:56am On Apr 26, 2018
But I heard it is not good to eat raw anyhow whether it is good or not I still carry go on eating raw nitemi o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by Olukokosir(m): 10:57am On Apr 26, 2018
nagoma:

All these unproven ramblings ... where are the scientific papers ? when and where did the studies take place?

Reason y most pple will nt make heaven.

Dem dey talk local treatment, Uhr looking for scientific papers.

Kuku go lab now

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by Assassin101: 11:02am On Apr 26, 2018
it also increases pen!s size smiley am a living witness

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by SirBunky85(m): 11:07am On Apr 26, 2018
niqqaclaimz:

Tanx brah..
pla what is brah?
Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by SirBunky85(m): 11:07am On Apr 26, 2018
niqqaclaimz:

Tanx brah..
pls what is brah?
Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by rita25(f): 11:17am On Apr 26, 2018
TOMA GINI? biko these idea of everything been medicinal should stop.....does eating tomato add to my bank acct? angry
Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by rita25(f): 11:20am On Apr 26, 2018
that's hw wannabeees call BRO grin
SirBunky85:
pls what is brah?
Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by SirBunky85(m): 11:24am On Apr 26, 2018
rita25:
that's hw wannabeees call BRO grin
chai,dia is God o
Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by GindoX(m): 11:45am On Apr 26, 2018
Samsimple:
I eat tomato almost everyday... Weda na form of stew or soup na cha tomato.. Abi i lie

Yeah, maybe.. But its nutrients has been cooked away!

Eating fresh or slightly cooked is the best.. I took my with noodles... Slice it in...

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by Austin234(m): 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2018
Does tin tomato contain same nutruents as mentioned?

niqqaclaimz:
Lemme repharse a litle bit.

Would you believe if i told you tomatoes is a citrus fruit??

Tomatoes is a red citrus fruit which is mistaken to be a vegetable. This fruit is found anywhere around the world and is used to prepare dish such as stew,jellof rice, salad,add to indomie to make it palatable. Due to the high acidity in tomatoes it can be stored or canned. Adult and children eat it while some prefer it in dish.
Personal I did prefer it to dish but when I started to research on tomatoes and how beneficial it could be to human health, I found out that it’s nutrients are best utilized and beneficial to the body
when eaten in it’s fresh state.So I had to switch things up by eating it in it’s fresh state.
So here are the benefits of eating tomatoes

Prevent and fight cancer-

Tomatoes contains a substance called lycopene.
This substance lycopene in tomatoes makes it red.
The lycopene when in human system fights and ward off cancer.
The good part about this is that it fights all type of cancer. Postrate cancer,stomach cancer name it,it prevent and fights it off.

Lower’s risk of heart disease-

Research and study has been made and it was found out that people who eat more of tomatoes tend to have lower risk of heart disease.
Nutrients such as folate,vitamin B6 and niacin help to reduce cardiovascular disease.
So it is essential you eat at least two fresh ball of tomatoes.

Reduce depression-

Study has shown that more intake of tomatoes help to reduce depression.
Tomatoes contain this nutrients named folate.
High concentration of folate in human system help reduce depression which tomatoes is rich in.

Lower sugar level-

Tomatoes contains an antioxidant named alpha-lipoic acid.This alpha-lipoic acid help turn glucose into energy.The ALA enhances the body ability to use it’s own insulin to lower
sugar level in blood and also fights diabetes type 2.
The Ala also reduce symptoms of neuropathy which causes nerve damage and is caused by diabetes.

A good healthy skin-

Tomatoes is rich in vitamin c which the collagen,the connective tissue in our skin which helps with firmness,supply and constant renewal which is vital for skin elasticity.
So the collagen needs vitamin c to function well.
Vitamin c protects the skin from sun damage,pollutants and harmful uv rays.

Healthy hair-

Do you experience hair damage as hair fall often and you don’t know how to go about it,tomatoes is a sure bet,a good remedy.Tomatoes would provide your scalp with the nutrition it needs to grow.
How do you go about this;

Just grind about 2-3 balls of tomatoes and apply the juice to your
scalp and leave for 20 minutes the wash it with luke warm water.

READ ALSO;HOME REMEDIES FOR DAMAGED HAIR

Improve your eye health-

Vitamin A is essential for a bright healthy sight.
Low level of vitamin A in the body will lead to your eyes having hard time to detect light and send visual information to the brain.
So having a cup of tomatoes which is 2-3 ball of tomatoes contains around 700mcg-900mcg of vitamin A.
So it is essential you have this everyday as it helps eye vision to be sharp and healthy and being able to detect light and send visual information to the brain.

Control cholesterol level-

Vitamin B as well as potassium help lower cholesterol level which usually goes high as a result of unbalanced meal which is high in sugar and unhealthy fat which can lead to heart disease.

Healthy kidney-

Eating tomatoes on a daily basis makes your kidney healthy and also gets you a less chance of developing a gallstones or any other kidney disease. So tomatoes are good for the kidney.

Anti-smoking damages-

The many mineral and vitamins present in the tomatoes help to deal with the damages done by smoking in the lungs as well as other systems of the body.

http://www.dietfitelt.com.ng/benefits-of-eating-tomatoes/

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by joeGH: 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2018
Nice piece.. Besides, tomato juice itself is a natural buffer; that is to say it balances the bodies pH ensuring that it is always within the homeostatic setpoints necessary for the optimal functioning of the body... Again, it is due to this property of tomato juice that makes it ideal for use in babies for the treatment of oral thrush (candidiasis of the mouth or in layman's language, whitening of the tongue in infants n babies).

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by niqqaclaimz(m): 12:46pm On Apr 26, 2018
Austin234:

Yes buh I prefer fresh tomatoes.
Cus d tin tomatoes has gone tru a little preservative and oda things.
So fresh tomatoes is best

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by niqqaclaimz(m): 12:51pm On Apr 26, 2018
Mutemenot:
Wow. I enjoy raw tomatoes often. It's one of my best vegetable
Dat's great.Keep it up..
Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by joeGH: 12:55pm On Apr 26, 2018
Austin234:

Tinned tomato like any other processed food one way or the other rids off a nutrient or another...The pasteurization or sterilization process they are subjected to alone is enough to rid off the water soluble vitamins such as the B-vitamins through evaporation among others, that explains why u re advised not to overcook ur foods..However, through fortification, the nutrients may be reintroduced into the food..so it depends.
Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by niqqaclaimz(m): 12:58pm On Apr 26, 2018
ameri9ja:
How about if u don't like tomato
Das ok..
Buh is good for yur health.
Actually, I didn't like to eat fresh tomatoes buh I started when i learnt of it's nutritional value and wonder it works in our body
Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by niqqaclaimz(m): 1:00pm On Apr 26, 2018
chrisbaxtian:

half truths abound! lycopene doesn't have any medicinal value! it's a poor antioxidant in vitro
Go get your research ryt
Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by niqqaclaimz(m): 1:13pm On Apr 26, 2018
SirBunky85:
pla what is brah?
Das my own way of saying bro
Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by Rexeffiom(m): 1:13pm On Apr 26, 2018
Sorry bro... Tomatoes is NOT citrus
Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by niqqaclaimz(m): 1:19pm On Apr 26, 2018
Rexeffiom:

Sorry bro... Tomatoes is NOT citrus
Tomatoes is a citrus fruit brah.
Get your research ryt, alot in the net could be confusing you
Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by niqqaclaimz(m): 1:20pm On Apr 26, 2018
joeGH:
Tinned tomato like any other processed food one way or the other rids off a nutrient or another...The pasteurization or sterilization process they are subjected to alone is enough to rid off the water soluble vitamins such as the B-vitamins through evaporation among others, that explains why u re advised not to overcook ur foods..However, through fortification, the nutrients may be reintroduced into the food..so it depends.
Exactly
Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by SirBunky85(m): 1:48pm On Apr 26, 2018
niqqaclaimz:
Das my own way of saying bro
ok

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by ameri9ja: 2:04pm On Apr 26, 2018
niqqaclaimz:

Das ok..
Buh is good for yur health.
Actually, I didn't like to eat fresh tomatoes buh I started when i learnt of it's nutritional value and wonder it works in our body

Bla bla bla. I don't like tomato and u can't make me eat tomato
Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by ameri9ja: 2:08pm On Apr 26, 2018
chrisbaxtian:

half truths abound! lycopene doesn't have any medicinal value! it's a poor antioxidant in vitro

What are the health benefits of lycopene?

Lycopene is a powerful antioxidant that can protect and repair the body from damage caused by a multiple diseases. You can get a great deal of it in your diet by consuming tomatoes, watermelon, and other common fruits and vegetables.Jul 29, 2016

7 Lycopene Benefits that Fight Disease & Improve Cognition - Dr. Axe

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by niqqaclaimz(m): 2:14pm On Apr 26, 2018
ameri9ja:

Bla bla bla. I don't like tomato and u can't make me eat tomato
Dnt act like I give sh*t, if u dnt like to eat it das yur business, am just trying to educate on it's benefits.
Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by duffyng: 2:45pm On Apr 26, 2018
Tomatoes is not a citrus fruit please get your facts right before you post it.
Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by niqqaclaimz(m): 3:03pm On Apr 26, 2018
ameri9ja:

Lycopene is a powerful antioxidant that can protect and repair the body from damage caused by a multiple diseases. You can get a great deal of it in your diet by consuming tomatoes, watermelon, and other common fruits and vegetables.Jul 29, 2016

Nice one

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by chrisbaxtian(m): 3:16pm On Apr 26, 2018
niqqaclaimz:
Go get your research ryt
I got it right bro!

5 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by chrisbaxtian(m): 3:17pm On Apr 26, 2018
ameri9ja:

it's not true jare

4 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by Rexeffiom(m): 6:20pm On Apr 26, 2018
niqqaclaimz:

Tomatoes is a citrus fruit brah.
Get your research ryt, alot in the net could be confusing you

Tomato is not citrus fruits.
Citrus fruits usually grow on perennial trees, whereas Tomato is grown on vine plants.
Tomatoes are Nightshades.
Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by ameri9ja: 6:45pm On Apr 26, 2018
chrisbaxtian:

it's not true jare

Your argument is with top experts
Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by ameri9ja: 6:47pm On Apr 26, 2018
niqqaclaimz:

Dnt act like I give sh*t, if u dnt like to eat it das yur business, am just trying to educate on it's benefits.

I thought u were trying to force me
Re: Reason Why You Should Start Eating Tomatoes Today by chrisbaxtian(m): 6:52pm On Apr 26, 2018
ameri9ja:

Your argument is with top experts

I am a researcher in this field! who are the so called "top experts"?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Need Urgent Assistance With Vitiligo. / How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? / Coronavirus: Cure In Sight As Australian Scientists Recreate Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.