Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best (68944 Views)

UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) / UI Ranked Among Top 500 Varsities Globally, Named West Africa’s Best. / University Of Ibadan Ranked Best In Nigeria - THE's University Rankings 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by j0rdannkyle: 6:46pm On Apr 21, 2018
This, in my opinion is a celebration of mediocrity.
801+ is nothing to be proud of.
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by zinaunreal(m): 6:49pm On Apr 21, 2018
iAudio:
8 hundred and what?

whaaaaaaaaat? 800+ ? What is wrong with this country sef?
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by profdee1(m): 6:54pm On Apr 21, 2018
Congratulations to University of Ibadan.
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by Newboss(m): 7:06pm On Apr 21, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

This is times its one of the most reputable rankings. According to those rankings UI is higher than so many UK universities Nigerians are fond of. Why should someone's spend his whole family's inheritance on a UK masters from a stupid school that is ranked lower than UI when he could go to UI comfortably and have a lot of change remaining.
You still don't get it! angry

The strength of a ranking is the criteria! angry

What is their criteria? angry

Everyone knows that even a cow won't choose a stupid university with dilapidated infrastructure and greedy and corrupt and randy lecturers over a university in a sane world with solid systems! angry

Stop all this show of shame bro! angry
The rankings are useless if they have never schooled in any of those schools! angry

The ranking criteria is fvcked up from all corners if you look at it very well! angry

Which University of Ibadan? angry That trash that is sitting over there with dead structures and a dead system? angry

They are clueless when it comes to Nigeria! angry

Someone wins award or publishes a major work years after leaving a school, then one dummy will come and tell me that the school the person graduated from must be ranked higher than the current best schools in the country? angry

Who does that? angry

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by Pavore9: 7:08pm On Apr 21, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

All this for just a year with a 99 percent probability of coming back to Nigeria jobless and dashing your parents hard earned money to the Queen of England not worth it IMHO.

I get your perspective and that's why it is really important to research on foreign schools factoring the possibility of earning an income while studying, does it offer one the option to stay behind after graduation and is it a stepping stone to a desired third country?

Nigerians go to fellow African countries for studies not because of their exceptional standards but because of the "coded" opportunities to travel out of Africa when the school is on break and many never return.

Those who know, knows. cheesy
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by SpaceTime: 7:08pm On Apr 21, 2018
Of the greatest Uites!
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by Solidkay(m): 7:15pm On Apr 21, 2018
alen4smith:
stupidity and foolishness "two in one"for only you

Dear friend,
go get a life,

I don't fight in the mud with pigs.
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by noah91(m): 7:31pm On Apr 21, 2018
Proudly an alumnus of the FIRST and BEST University in Nigeria
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by Lonergem: 7:32pm On Apr 21, 2018
Greatest Uites
Even with the Man of rock as v.c we're making name....

Very soon this Illiterate and lazy President will go abroad and be saying gibberish

Where are the Northern University most of them don't even make it to the top 10 in Nigeria since the president and his northern people are not educated....

#Proudly Uites
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by alen4smith(m): 7:32pm On Apr 21, 2018
Solidkay:

Dear friend,
go get a life,

I don't fight in the mud with pigs.
you are the pig!lazy youth
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 21, 2018
The ranking is based on the number of alumni and staff publishing journals in Nature and Science, number of alumni and staff winning Nobel prizes and Field medals.

In addition to that, number of quality research by Alumni and staff. If you think your school is supposed to be among the best universities, how many original quality resources have you carried out?

In Nigerian universities, even ordinary final year project research are recycled and copied.

I rest my case.
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by Proffeluczy1(m): 7:51pm On Apr 21, 2018
OP this your news na archaic one!
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by Proffeluczy1(m): 7:53pm On Apr 21, 2018
zinaunreal:

whaaaaaaaaat? 800+ ? What is wrong with this country sef?
I beg help me ask oh and the news self na old news.
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by ttyl02(f): 8:02pm On Apr 21, 2018
University of Ibadan,the first and the best..Always repping
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by tsnsamuel(m): 8:15pm On Apr 21, 2018
Abeg wia unilorin dey?
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by dimeji877(m): 8:24pm On Apr 21, 2018
First and the best

Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by Dolypson04(m): 8:34pm On Apr 21, 2018
Nigerians always celebrating mediocrity.
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by dheilaw1(m): 8:51pm On Apr 21, 2018
myboy2111:
Yet Atiku said, they are brainless
dont mind the yeye man

Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by LZAA: 8:57pm On Apr 21, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Flat/Head go and sleep!

cc lazy mad IDP youths - Imhotep Onyeara
why so pained naaa grin cc immhotep onyeoga
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by CioAngels(f): 8:58pm On Apr 21, 2018
daewoorazer:
The university of Ibadan has secured a spot in the top 978 ranked universities in the world.

In the ranking released by the Times Higher Education, Nigeria’s premier university was ranked 801 alongside several others.

UI was also the only Nigerian university to make the list.

Earlier in 2016, the Academic Ranking of World Universities (AWRU) and the Center for World Universities Ranking (CWUR) released a list of the top 500 and 1000 world universities respectively and no Nigerian university was on the list.

CWUR said that Nigerian universities were not considered for the ranking because of lack of quality research.

AWRU, who did not give a reason for Nigeria’s absence, made it clear that the criteria for ranking were the number of alumni and staff publishing journals in Nature and Science, number of alumni and staff winning Nobel prizes and Field medals.

South Africa and Egypt had the highest number of universities on the list from the continent.

63 universities from the United states made it to the top 200 while 32 from the United Kingdom also made the cut.

The United States had 63 universities among the hundreds of schools considered.

Source:
https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/finallly-one-nigerian-university-makes-top-world-universities-ranking/
Congratulations.
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by ishowdotgmail(m): 9:41pm On Apr 21, 2018
SoapQueen:
Yayyy

Of the greatest, of the greatest.

Of the greatest gbogbo! First and the Best!

Proudly Idiate!

Proudly Agbowo-ite.

Lol... U now staying off campus to be claiming agbowo... What dept?
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by ishowdotgmail(m): 9:45pm On Apr 21, 2018
Proudly kutite..... Proud of my Alma mater
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by Alkanoicacid(m): 9:48pm On Apr 21, 2018
SoapQueen:
Yayyy

Of the greatest, of the greatest.
Of the greatest gbogbo! First and the Best!

Proudly Idiate!
Proudly Agbowo-ite.
Which side for Agbowo?
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by Bimpe29: 9:55pm On Apr 21, 2018
Many things are wrong with this county. We are not always at the front in the context of goodness but the leaders or runners up in relation to shit.
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by Ahsad: 10:09pm On Apr 21, 2018
of the greatest first and best

of the greatest Kutites

I rep University of Ibadan
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by luluman: 10:30pm On Apr 21, 2018
ilevic:
First and the best

Another FTC, this is also for my galaciousbabe
Haaaa!! , the yellow ones will be envious o.
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by luluman: 10:31pm On Apr 21, 2018
thesicilian:
Such a pitiable disma pisma.
leave grammar I beg

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by luluman: 10:33pm On Apr 21, 2018
Abass07:
Nonsense
Bad belle haf come o.
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 21, 2018
daewoorazer:
The university of Ibadan has secured a spot in the top 978 ranked universities in the world.

In the ranking released by the Times Higher Education, Nigeria’s premier university was ranked 801 alongside several others.

UI was also the only Nigerian university to make the list.

Earlier in 2016, the Academic Ranking of World Universities (AWRU) and the Center for World Universities Ranking (CWUR) released a list of the top 500 and 1000 world universities respectively and no Nigerian university was on the list.

CWUR said that Nigerian universities were not considered for the ranking because of lack of quality research.

AWRU, who did not give a reason for Nigeria’s absence, made it clear that the criteria for ranking were the number of alumni and staff publishing journals in Nature and Science, number of alumni and staff winning Nobel prizes and Field medals.

South Africa and Egypt had the highest number of universities on the list from the continent.

63 universities from the United states made it to the top 200 while 32 from the United Kingdom also made the cut.

The United States had 63 universities among the hundreds of schools considered.

Source:
https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/finallly-one-nigerian-university-makes-top-world-universities-ranking/

U people have started again.
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by omokudu(m): 10:58pm On Apr 21, 2018
Solidkay:
APC cows will come and claim responsibility for this one now.

801 na achievement? We are doomed in this country
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by goshee: 11:08pm On Apr 21, 2018
tensazangetsu20:
Well all those Nigerians running to those funny UK universities with names like coventry and anglia ruskin you can save that money and attend our own UI it's ranked higher than coventry and is very cheap grin
I'd rather be an illiterate in UK than being a professor of law in the ZOO
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best by blazhykowskyi(m): 11:15pm On Apr 21, 2018
PrecisionFx:

U people have started again.

I feel your pain. Ndo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle / What If Nigerian Female Students Wore This As School Uniforms? (see Photo) / Africa's Best (2014) - Top 10 Private Universities On The Continent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.