Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,353 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Keloid Treatment - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Keloid Treatment (1613 Views)

How Do I Get Rid Of Keloid Scars (pictures) / Pls I Need Someone Who Can Help Me On Keloid Treatment. / MCKOLL Cream (bumps/keloid Remedy) Now In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keloid Treatment by Marthiee(f): 5:45pm On Apr 21, 2018
This is urgent. I need answers. Please has anyone here successfully flattened, removed or treated a keloid before especially one on the earlobe ? If yes what procedure did you follow?
Re: Keloid Treatment by Marthiee(f): 6:55am On Apr 22, 2018
Sorry I don't get you. I'm new to nairaland
semele001:
Marthiee AYsH10Nz1HzQ
Re: Keloid Treatment by shashank16(m): 9:18am On Apr 28, 2018
A warm compress shrinks and treats a cyst on the earlobe. Warm compress brings the bacteria and pus close to the skin surface and makes it easy to remove
Re: Keloid Treatment by sartorius(m): 11:38am On Apr 28, 2018
Yes, it can be treated
Re: Keloid Treatment by Marthiee(f): 7:56am On May 01, 2018
sartorius:
Yes, it can be treated
how?
Re: Keloid Treatment by sartorius(m): 5:28am On May 02, 2018
It can be removed, thereafter intralesional injection with some medications. Text zero8078552226.
Re: Keloid Treatment by Habby60: 6:53am On Oct 17, 2019
Hi Marthiee..
Re: Keloid Treatment by Habby60: 6:59am On Oct 17, 2019
Hi Marthiee... were you able to get the earrings and have you been able to get rid of your Keloid.. please I need your help
Re: Keloid Treatment by Marthiee(f): 11:33am On Aug 04, 2021
Hey I haven't visited nairaland in a while but yes, I was able to get rid of the keloid
Habby60:
Hi Marthiee... were you able to get the earrings and have you been able to get rid of your Keloid.. please I need your help
Re: Keloid Treatment by Thugnificent(m): 9:56pm On Aug 14, 2021
Marthiee:
Hey I haven't visited nairaland in a while but yes, I was able to get rid of the keloid
please how did you do it? I'm interested please
Re: Keloid Treatment by Marthiee(f): 5:31am On Aug 16, 2021
Thugnificent:
please how did you do it? I'm interested please
I did a surgery in 2018, then took intralesion steroid injections on the spot for a medically-specified period of time. Also used and still using kelocote silicone scar gel cream on that spot for years now and I don't think I'll ever stop.
It's called the triple therapy treatment, it makes recurrence rate a lot lower.
Surgery+intralesion injections+silicone scar gels.
(I'll recommend kelocote scar gel to you as the scar gel you should get. It's on the high side but still worth the price nonetheless.)

1 Like

Re: Keloid Treatment by Thugnificent(m): 8:38am On Aug 16, 2021
Marthiee:

I did a surgery in 2018, then took intralesion steroid injections on the spot for a medically-specified period of time. Also used and still using kelocote silicone scar gel cream on that spot for years now and I don't think I'll ever stop.
It's called the triple therapy treatment, it makes recurrence rate a lot lower.
Surgery+intralesion injections+silicone scar gels.
(I'll recommend kelocote scar gel to you as the scar gel you should get. It's on the high side but still worth the price nonetheless.)
please where can I do this procedure in Nigeria?. And how can I get this gel? Please can I have your digits for more information? Just sent you a DM. Awaiting your response. Thanks
Re: Keloid Treatment by Marthiee(f): 8:50am On Aug 16, 2021
I did my procedure at unth in Enugu. The doctors there were really nice. I got my first gel on konga (6g) at 15,000 or so and the second (15g) for 25,000 on jiji (N.B: the prices are estimated because I can't fully remember how much I got them. They may be higher or lower). Find trustworthy vendors because the product is sort of scarce and you may get a fake. If you have the money, order from amazon or wish or any trustworthy abroad sale site. Where is your keloid located?
Thugnificent:
please where can I do this procedure in Nigeria?. And how can I get this gel? Please can I have your digits for more information? Just sent you a DM. Awaiting your response. Thanks
Re: Keloid Treatment by Thugnificent(m): 9:12am On Aug 16, 2021
Marthiee:
I did my procedure at unth in Enugu. The doctors there were really nice. I got my first gel on konga (6g) at 15,000 or so and the second (15g) for 25,000 on jiji (N.B: the prices are estimated because I can't fully remember how much I got them. They may be higher or lower). Find trustworthy vendors because the product is sort of scarce and you may get a fake. If you have the money, order from amazon or wish or any trustworthy abroad sale site. Where is your keloid located?
Thanks for the info. I'm currently close to Enugu now. I'm in Abakaliki so I could visit unth. Do you know if i could still do the procedure there? How much did the procedure cost? I've bought some silicon gel cream from jumia early this year but it didn't work. I'll like to see a picture of the one you used to know exactly how it looks like (if possible). The keloid is located on my hand and leg.
Re: Keloid Treatment by Marthiee(f): 9:23am On Aug 16, 2021
Thugnificent:
Thanks for the info. I'm currently close to Enugu now. I'm in Abakaliki so I could visit unth. Do you know if i could still do the procedure there? I've bought some silicon gel cream from jumia early this year but it didn't work. I'll like to see a picture of the one you used to know exactly how it looks like (if possible). The keloid is located on my hand and leg.
It probably didn't work because of the size of the scar or the effectiveness of the gel itself. Silicone gels are meant for smaller scars or after scar-removal.
I'm not a doctor though, they'll tell you best.

Re: Keloid Treatment by Marthiee(f): 9:24am On Aug 16, 2021
Thugnificent:
Thanks for the info. I'm currently close to Enugu now. I'm in Abakaliki so I could visit unth. Do you know if i could still do the procedure there? How much did the procedure cost? I've bought some silicon gel cream from jumia early this year but it didn't work. I'll like to see a picture of the one you used to know exactly how it looks like (if possible). The keloid is located on my hand and leg.

Re: Keloid Treatment by Thugnificent(m): 9:37am On Aug 16, 2021
Marthiee:

It probably didn't work because of the size of the scar or the effectiveness of the gel itself. Silicone gels are meant for smaller scars or after scar-removal.
I'm not a doctor though, they'll tell you best.
This is different from what one I used. I got mine in jumia for 6k. The keloid is not that big sha. How much did the surgery cost? I'll check for the gel on Amazon or AliExpress hopefully I'll see it. Pls reply Ur mail. Thanks soo much.
Re: Keloid Treatment by Marthiee(f): 9:41am On Aug 16, 2021
Thugnificent:
This is different from what one I used. I got mine in jumia for 6k. The keloid is not that big sha. How much did the surgery cost? I'll check for the gel on Amazon or AliExpress hopefully I'll see it. Pls reply Ur mail. Thanks soo much.
I'm a student with the benefit of NHIS (a health insurance program which takes care of most of my cost as a unn student). It didn't cost up to 30k (surgery alone) but if you add other things I was supposed to buy, then it didn't cost up to 60k
Re: Keloid Treatment by Marthiee(f): 9:43am On Aug 16, 2021
Thugnificent:
I'm not sure I trust the ones on AliExpress to be the originals. In contrast to the Amazon and the manufacturers sites, their prices are a lot lower. On the Manufacturers site, it's about 30dollars while on AliExpress, it's 2-5 dollars.
Re: Keloid Treatment by Marthiee(f): 9:44am On Aug 16, 2021
Marthiee:
I'm not sure I trust the ones on AliExpress to be the originals. In contrast to the Amazon and the manufacturers sites, their prices are a lot lower. On the Manufacturers site, it's about 30dollars while on AliExpress, it's 2-5 dollars.
I have replied my mail
Re: Keloid Treatment by Marthiee(f): 9:46am On Aug 16, 2021
Marthiee:
I'm a student with the benefit of NHIS (a health insurance program which takes care of most of my cost as a unn student). It didn't cost up to 30k (surgery alone) but if you add other things I was supposed to buy, then it didn't cost up to 60k
this was in 2018 to be clear. Things may have changed now
Re: Keloid Treatment by Marthiee(f): 9:47am On Aug 16, 2021
Thugnificent:

If the keloid isn't that big, why bother with it?
Re: Keloid Treatment by Thugnificent(m): 10:15am On Aug 16, 2021
Marthiee:
Wow okay so I guess it'll probably be higher in my own case abi cos I'm not a student of unn neither a NHIS beneficiary just a random patient.
Re: Keloid Treatment by Thugnificent(m): 10:17am On Aug 16, 2021
Marthiee:
Yea I noticed. I go with Amazon then. The manufacturer site. Really? Do they also ship to Nigeria?
Re: Keloid Treatment by Thugnificent(m): 10:18am On Aug 16, 2021
Marthiee:
I have replied my mail
seen and replied
Re: Keloid Treatment by Thugnificent(m): 10:18am On Aug 16, 2021
Marthiee:
this was in 2018 to be clear. Things may have changed now
Okay 3 years is quite some time
Re: Keloid Treatment by Thugnificent(m): 10:22am On Aug 16, 2021
Marthiee:

If the keloid isn't that big, why bother with it?
lol I just don't like it . Maybe self esteem? I guess so. Actually it's better if it's not there cos it's quite visible. I mean the one on my hand.

(1) (Reply)

Very Ugent! Please My Conscience Is Pricking Me So Badly. / Does Donald Trump Have Syphilis? (picture) / Old Age Vs Youthful Age Which Is Better(cure For Ageing Found)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.