Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Volkswagen Beetle Restoration - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volkswagen Beetle Restoration (3556 Views)

The Production Of The Volkswagen Beetle Ends Today / Old 1966 Volkswagen Beetle Transformed By Nigerian Man (Photos) / This Is Not The Regular Volkswagen Beetle; It Has Been Customized For Offroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Volkswagen Beetle Restoration by Octaves(m): 4:50pm On Apr 29, 2018
Denn:

I have owned many beetles and used it as a daily driver for some months, travelling across abeokuta to Lagos through ifo at least once a week during these periods.

Top speed was around 120km/h but the car got to that speed really fast.

Traction was sure and vehicle felt like a German through corners.

Front gets too light if the power delivery is proportionally too huge. A beetle with less than 100hp at the wheels will do just fine, infact too fine with that set up
hmmm. that's good to know. didn't have any personal experience with the car. just commenting based on my knowledge of car engine-axle layouts. I guess the rapid acceleration was due to increased traction at the driving wheels. I'm sure the braking would be strong as well

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Beetle Restoration by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 29, 2018
Octaves:
MR cars are not the same as RR cars. RR cars have some outstanding advantages that front mounted engines don't have like stronger acceleration and braking. apart from that, they have some inherent over steering and stability issues, which of course can be minimized in high performance cars with ingenious engineering. mid engine cars have a nearer even weight distribution than rear engined cars. The VW beetle is a nice classic car that drives well, but that won't stop some of the disadvantages inherent in its design to manifest in extreme conditions.
MR i have driven a bettle several times before. We had one in the family same color as OP's own. The car never felt light or had any steering or stability issues. It was a well grounded and solid car all round even turning at corners. It's a real German vehicle.

2 Likes

Re: Volkswagen Beetle Restoration by Octaves(m): 6:29pm On Apr 29, 2018
dumo1:

MR i have driven a bettle several times before. We had one in the family same color as OP's own. The car never felt light or had any steering or stability issues. It was a well grounded and solid car all round even turning at corners. It's a real German vehicle.
great to hear that. I kinda fancy the car. would love to test drive it one day just for fun.

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Beetle Restoration by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 29, 2018
Octaves:
great to hear that. I kinda fancy the car. would love to test drive it one day just for fun.
I don't know if Denn still has his beetle or he has sold it?
Re: Volkswagen Beetle Restoration by Chibzee2: 2:33am On Apr 30, 2018
Hehehehe..... Let me sit down first.
Bar man!!

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Beetle Restoration by Nobody: 12:06am On May 25, 2018
iniruo so you just opened A thread, gave us appetizer dish and went on holidays ba? It's ok o!! undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Car Tips: How To Troubleshoot Catalytic Converter / Nissan Quest Problems. Advice Needed. / Car Review: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.