Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,652 members, 7,955,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:37 AM

Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! (6722 Views)

Five Embarrassing Situation That Occurs In A Banking Hall/premises / Interested In Attending Event Planning And Decoration Training School In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by jot01(m): 8:48pm On May 16, 2010
Am a Nigerian Abroad, looking for  what to Invest into in Nigeria, i have been thinking about buying a Land and Build a very big and beautiful hall where people can always Have Parties like wedding,Birthday and Burial in Ibadan.

And also Event planning Firm.

Nairalander, what do you think about this ideas? can this really Work in the Nigeria of nowadays.

comment will be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by jot01(m): 8:50pm On May 16, 2010
Event Planning and Hall for Ceremonies, Please Advise are needed.

Thanks
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by Oludele1(m): 6:07pm On May 17, 2010
Its a nice Business here in Nigeria. I also want to go into it fully, Can we partner if you dont mind?
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by jot01(m): 7:29pm On May 19, 2010
Why Don't we have Contribution here Is this business not a Good One.

Please Someone Advise.

Event Planning and Land for Occasions.

Discuu
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by solu: 9:32am On May 20, 2010
go for it my dear
but you will need a lot of contact
you know in Nigeria it is connections
good luck
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by waladis(m): 5:54pm On May 20, 2010
solu:

go for it my dear
but you will need a lot of contact
you know in Nigeria it is connections
good luck
Connections    
Why? Can't that be replaced with a good publicity. There are 1001 ways of giving your company a good publicity in Nigeria, starting from the cheapest of all, mouth propaganda follow with a good customer's service, Leaflet distribution (use the BOYZ BRIGADE), distribute your business card at events, create a company Website for your biz, Nairaland, Nairalist,  You tube, facebook, advertise on your on personal vehicle or Company's vehicle, newspapers, magazines,  banners, Posters, radio, Placing advert in Yoruba & Nollywood Movies,  billboards, television e.t.c,

You only need to be focus, reliable and provide good customer's service which means at the beginning you will need to go extra miles to satisfy your customers and you must always have a PLAN B, when you are providing services. Once you could successfully provide good services for your first few customers, the rest goes automatically. I researched that it's a good business but I will advice anyone to do their home work properly before venturing into any business in Nigeria.
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by jot01(m): 12:16pm On May 24, 2010
@ Everyone, Thanks so Much,
Yes, i believe its not only by connection but by Ads running around town where you have the Bizness. Been abroad has made one ave an idea how to get your Business to people to know about your product. Its a very Good Business i will be looking into asap.

I need More Ideas and Advise regarding this Business, is there any Company offering this Business in Nigeria that is very big so i can look them up and read about them.

Anybody with help should contact me,

Cheers
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by jot01(m): 12:45pm On May 25, 2010
No Reply to this Post. Is this Business really a Good One in Nigeria.

I really need to know if this Business is a good one. Someone please advise Asap.

Cheers
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by Kaestro(m): 7:39pm On May 25, 2010
Like every other business its a sure banker provided you have the mindset and tools of operation. Your principles and goals should be to provide the best possible service and of course continuity should be your watchword. If you're going into business for the sake of it then you may not last but with 120% dedication, decent developmental and competitive attitude, sacrifice and good ol HARD-WORK you will succeed. Also prepare an intensive plan upon research and have rules and principles that guide your mode of operation. Be bold and step out life is all about the gamble.
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by jot01(m): 10:44pm On May 25, 2010
@ Kaestro, I really appreciate your comments, its also ginger me a long way. I will Pump money into the business and do some adverts for more awareness. God bless.

Bye for Nowwwww
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by jot01(m): 12:59pm On May 26, 2010
Any Comment from Anyone Else, Comments and Contribution's are needed here !!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by asscend: 2:43pm On May 27, 2010
You're idea of an event center is brilliant as the demand out weighs supply in Naija at the moment. How ever; i don't know how much you are putting into your project as such projects requires plenty bux.

Three things you must have in mind

Parking/ Transport _ The venue should have a good parking facility (which many Naija halls don't have). Many investors just build buildings without factoring parking into it as they feel people can park on the roads or where ever. Remember this is what causes traffic jams on our roads. Also your intended venue must have good transport links or you provide transport to your venue.

CAPACITY - How many people is your hall or halls going to take?
Statistics show in Nigeria that big halls have been taken over by churches and there is every possibility that yours might go the same way. The reason being the churches have enough funds to pay the rent every week. Most times owners of such builds prefer to take the bulk cash from these churches and b4 u know it your building has become a church building. (pls note i don't have anything against any church that does this).

Know your target audience and tailor your building towards them. if its for weddings, decorate it to say gradiour. (it cost money but its worth it).

The roof must be high. Don't make the mistake of having a typical house roof height. This must delibrately be a high roof building. This helps for better video recording as you can have cameras high up; thus capturing the whole hall with one swing. This is very vital dont ignore this one as people will pay more for such facilities.

Just implementing these few tips will put you ahead, there is more but start with this. Enjoy your project and dont hesistate to ask more questions as i see your too inquisitive on your forum, i like that,
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by jot01(m): 4:51pm On May 27, 2010
@ Assend,
You have really said it well and i really accept and welcome your contributions.
I never people like you re on this Website.
I will really work towards all you have said.

Thanks. More advise are needed here.
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by jot01(m): 5:20am On May 28, 2010
Please more comments are welcomed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets do this,
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by jot01(m): 3:00pm On May 29, 2010
Any More Idea, Please Contributeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by jot01(m): 4:59pm On May 29, 2010
jot01:

Any More Idea, Please Contributeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lets go there, Drop your Idea,
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by suxes2005(m): 5:29pm On May 29, 2010
I fink u must be in charge urself or av som1 whom u trust
monitor it. Dnt 4get, d location matters and also publicity.

Try cr8 somfin diff in ur own service so dat pple can patronise u

SHALOM
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by jot01(m): 9:32pm On May 29, 2010
suxes2005:

I fink u must be in charge urself or av som1 whom u trust
monitor it. Dnt 4get, d location matters and also publicity.

Try cr8 somfin diff in your own service so dat pple can patronise u

SHALOM

Thnkxs, Thats a very Good One. I really appreciate and Understand that.

We need to be Unique More than Other's.

Cheers.

More contributions are welcome My People of Nairaland,
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by jot01(m): 9:37pm On May 29, 2010
going !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by jot01(m): 7:32pm On May 30, 2010
Waiting for More Responds.

Cheers
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by jot01(m): 8:00pm On Jun 03, 2010
Lets talk here, More Advise wanted
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by jot01(m): 6:00pm On Jun 16, 2010
Lets go there. Final idea and we get it done,

Comment Nowwww
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by jot01(m): 8:18pm On Jun 30, 2010
Anybody Home
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by dejia(m): 11:30pm On Jul 03, 2010
Hi,

I also thot of setting something like that up in ilorin, cos when i looked at it

a very good hall in ilorin goes for 250k and most saturdays its fully booked, i saw down did the analysis

its capital intensive, so i looked into get an abandoned factory/hall/warehouse , close to city centre to do a long term lease ( you can consider that as well).
the major reason why i have slowed down was because i really dont have trustworthy hands in 9ja to manage it, and am not looking into relocating till 2012.
i can help u with details of where to get nice chairs tables, lovely concepts etc, as well.

its a very good business, but management is key, I will reccommend you need to be there, nobody will understand your concept except you at the initial stage.

another thing u can include is kids party centre by the side, u know most of the amusement parks have closed down, pple dont have places to take there kids to on weekends, if u have something small , where kids can come, or rent to have parties ( u knw lots of pple stay in small houses( flats) and want to have parties for there kids, that too will make u cool bucks.
If u already have land, i will recommend u dont build a permanent structure, go for the canopy, there is this place in lagos called 10 degrees its a very nice event centre, go check it out.

holla for more info if needed
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by honeyguy(m): 5:54am On Jul 05, 2010
why not buld permanent structure?
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by jot01(m): 9:40am On Jul 07, 2010
honeyguy:

why not buld permanent structure?

Thnks Honeyguy. Am actually Looking at Permanent place and not rental. Looking at buying a Very Big Land and Build Big hall with all Facilities and then rent out to people and also will have all kinds department that can handle parties. Which i just wanna be sure before starting the projects.

At everyone, Thanks for comments and am still looking for comments and ideas.

God Bless all.
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by jot01(m): 9:45am On Jul 07, 2010
Are People not seeing this Post?
Responds are needed here asap.
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 07, 2010
ive responded to this post twice but it keeps on disappearing. look in my profile
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by jot01(m): 11:23pm On Jul 07, 2010
chaircover:

ive responded to this post twice but it keeps on disappearing. look in my profile

@ ChairCover, Just went to your profile and see the comments you made and its very helpful.
I am presently out of Nigeria and will plan a trip to do my Research around IB. I am so keen on doing this in IB cos Lagos is really too busy for me.
Congestion, Traffic and all that.

I will take all you said into action and if i need you in the nearest future, I will let you know

Cheers
Re: Event Planning And Hall For Wedding And Parties ! by sonety2k(m): 12:56pm On Jul 08, 2010
chaircover:

I just went to your profile now and see d nice comments you made , hope to keep in touch you for more info,

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Legit Is Branch Loan App, I Just Invested My ₦100k / What Is Session ID In Bank? / Pls Where Can I Get High Quality Towels In Bulk: Body And Shoulder Towels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.