Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,330 members, 7,850,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:51 PM

I Will Continue To Contest As Long As I Live —buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Continue To Contest As Long As I Live —buhari (533 Views)

Buhari Forced Me To Contest As Governor- El- Rufai / BREAKING: INEC Announces That Elections Will Continue Tomorrow / Channels TV Live: Buhari Meeting Private Sector In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Continue To Contest As Long As I Live —buhari by hatch: 8:57pm On May 16, 2010
http://www.tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/news/1037-i-will-continue-to-contest-as-long-as-i-live-buhari

I will continue to contest as long as I live —Buhari

| Print | E-mail

Written by Ishola Michael
GENERAL Muhammadu Buhari has declared that as long as he is alive and fit he will continue to contest for the highest political seat in the country until he achieves his political ambition, just as he has declared to contest in the 2011 general elections under the banner of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC).

Buhari said he was not afraid of former military president, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, saying, “as long as all of us play in accordance with the Constitution, there is no problem.

The CPC chieftain, who spoke on a BBC Hausa programme on Saturday, berated Nigerian youths for letting the country and its people down administratively, saying that, “since the constitution of the country allows any fit Nigerian to seek for any elective offices we will continue to do so until the National Assembly amends the constitutions as it affects elections.”

He lamented that successive administrations had allowed corruption to eat into the fabrics of the society but expressed optimism that with commitment on the side of the government, the war against corruption would be won.

On free, fair and acceptable elections in the country, Buhari said it was achievable if the Justice Muhammed Uwais Electoral Reform Committee report was carefully studied and implemented.
Re: I Will Continue To Contest As Long As I Live —buhari by hatch: 8:59pm On May 16, 2010
I love Buhari's spirit ! After all Abraham Lincoln was once in his shoes grin grin
Re: I Will Continue To Contest As Long As I Live —buhari by Oboma1(m): 9:03pm On May 16, 2010
Just like the topic of this thread, he will continue to lose as long as he lives!.
Re: I Will Continue To Contest As Long As I Live —buhari by maedan(f): 10:02pm On May 16, 2010
This is his new party:

DPAD:
[b]D[/b]ogged [b]P[/b]olitical [b]A[/b]mbition is a [b]D[/b]isease.
Re: I Will Continue To Contest As Long As I Live —buhari by mamagee3(f): 10:31pm On May 16, 2010
He's got to be the biggest clown that has ever lived. grin
Re: I Will Continue To Contest As Long As I Live —buhari by rasputinn(m): 10:35pm On May 16, 2010
You are free grin grin grin
Re: I Will Continue To Contest As Long As I Live —buhari by otokx(m): 2:08pm On May 17, 2010
Let him keep contesting; its a free country.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: Lawmaker Makes Vice President Hopeful / Cocaine Smuggling' Nigerian Politician Held In Lagos / Nigerian Portfolios/offices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.