Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,077 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Kalu Says:we Voted Mko,obj: Its Time For Yorubas To Support The Ibo Candidacy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalu Says:we Voted Mko,obj: Its Time For Yorubas To Support The Ibo Candidacy (1229 Views)

Today March 28, It's Exactly A Year We Voted For Buhari, Do You Regret? / Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas / We Voted APC Because Of Unpaid Salaries – Benue Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kalu Says:we Voted Mko,obj: Its Time For Yorubas To Support The Ibo Candidacy by smile4kenn(m): 7:35am On Mar 15, 2007
Said Kalu: "We voted for MKO; we voted for Obasanjo, so they should help us and vote for Kalu because bean cake (Akara) oil is sweet and must be passed around. Hausa has licked, Yoruba has licked, Igbo should lick."
He called on the Yoruba to reciprocate the support the Igbo gave to them during the 1993 and 1999 presidential elections, where the late Chief M. K. O. Abiola and President Olusegun Obasanjo respectively were voted for en masse, by voting for him in the April 21 presidential election.

"They (Yoruba) owe a debt they must pay. Because there is nothing satisfying as when one reciprocates another act of kindness. I am calling on my Yoruba brothers that we have done them favour twice. We supported M. K. O. Abiola, he became president.

The sad news was that Abiola died. The good news is that I followed the footsteps of Abiola. The bad news is that he won and never ruled. The good news is that I will win and I will rule. Secondly, we voted for Olusegun Obasanjo. The whole Igbo land voted for him twice. So since we supported them in M. K. O. and OBJ, they now have to support us by voting in OUK," he said.

He also noted that there was nothing good in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), except creating poverty and dribbling the masses for about eight years now.
He stated that it was shameful that eight years of democracy in the country, the World Bank is still seeing Nigeria’s economy as very fragile, adding that a situation where petroleum products were sold for N150 per litre, in a country that produces and exports crude oil, was disturbing.
The governor expressed concern that rather than create employment, boost power supply and provide enabling environment for the masses, Obasanjo had crippled the economy, created poverty mentality and above all, generated bad blood in Igboland.

He regretted that the crop of leaders Nigeria has today are the same people, who were in power during his primary school days and which manipulated his grandfather’s and father’s wealth, adding, "they are equally trying to manipulate my own and my children’s wealth again, without achieving anything all these years of manipulations."

He said that if given the mandate to become the president, he would release all the containers of imported goods seized by the Federal Government by June 4, adding that power failure would be a thing of the past before the end of July.

He said that all victims of the Abuja demolition exercise, conducted by FCT Minister, Mallam El-Rufai, against Ndigbo would be paid compensation, pointing out that he would equally rename prison yard correction centers, where the inmates would be sent to school for reformation.
Pledging that his administration would not only provide air and sea ports in Onitsha, but also would provide adequate health care facilities so that people like Yar’Adua or Atiku Abubakar would be treated at home instead of being flown abroad at any slight emergency.
He also pledged to reform the military and the police in such a way that there would be job security, ethics and professionalism.

In his speech, Senator Uche Chukwumerije stated that for almost eight years, Obasanjo had cowed all Igbo indigenes at the corridors of power, except Kalu who broke the jinx.
Chukwumerije, who said he fought against third term plot in partnership with Kalu, therefore, urged all and sundry to vote for Kalu, particularly now that he is the anointed candidate of Ohanaeze Ndigbo.
Also speaking, former Minister of Health, Dr. Tim Menakaya, noted that Kalu’s ambition had already been destined to succeed.

Highlights of the occasion included the introduction of Chief Emeka Okafor as the governorship candidate of PPA in Anambra State as well as the singing of solidarity songs for Kalu who was later renamed "Bush of Africa" by his esteemed supporters.
Meanwhile, Kalu, on Wednesday, warned that any attempt by anybody or political party to rig the 2007 general election would be an invitation to anarchy and disintegration of the country.
Speaking at the Government House, Awka, when he paid a courtesy visit to Governor Peter Obi, on his way to Onitsha for the flag-off of his campaign in the South East zone, Kalu said Nigerians were interested this time in who governs them and therefore ready to take laws into their hands should anybody try to play with their mandate.

Kalu said that the only way Nigeria would remain one after the April polls was for their choices to be respected, noting that anything short of that would amount to trouble.
He said: "It is left for Nigerian people to decide whether the election will be fair or not. If the electoral law has made it possible that all votes will be counted where we voted and if the electoral law says that all the votes will be counted there, it means nobody can rig the election. The laws are there. If you are getting your results you are calling other people. We are prepared for this election and I want to tell you that those of you who are thinking that they will rig this election; if you rig this election; they will question the unity of this country."
Re: Kalu Says:we Voted Mko,obj: Its Time For Yorubas To Support The Ibo Candidacy by Afam(m): 10:46am On Mar 15, 2007
smile4kenn:

Highlights of the occasion included the introduction of Chief Emeka Okafor as the governorship candidate of PPA in Anambra State as well as the singing of solidarity songs for Kalu who was later renamed "Bush of Africa" by his esteemed supporters.
Meanwhile, Kalu, on Wednesday, warned that any attempt by anybody or political party to rig the 2007 general election would be an invitation to anarchy and disintegration of the country.

Bush of Africa indeed. That may be correct sha given the fact that Bush has been a monumental failure as the president of the US. I hope his supporters are not indirectly mocking him without his knowing.
Re: Kalu Says:we Voted Mko,obj: Its Time For Yorubas To Support The Ibo Candidacy by McKren(m): 11:34am On Mar 15, 2007
Afam:

Bush of Africa indeed. That may be correct sha given the fact that Bush has been a monumental failure as the president of the US. I hope his supporters are not indirectly mocking him without his knowing.

Spot on. Bush is a collosal failure, so if Kalu is referred to as Bush of Africa then there is not much to argue about.
Re: Kalu Says:we Voted Mko,obj: Its Time For Yorubas To Support The Ibo Candidacy by luckyCO(m): 11:38am On Mar 15, 2007
Let him go and sit down. I don't think I can agree with him. What was his contribution in 2003 toward having an Ibo turn come through. They followed it selfishly because he will gain and loss his birth right. He is only making niose, spending money he has stolen from his state Abia, using God's name to swear just because of position he cannot smell even if it is left between him and AC.

Thanks God it remains 29days to the election let us see toothless british bull dog in action. Ibo or no Ibo history will not forgive them for not standing to their right. All these people shouting now, what was their contribution when Nzeribe brought 15 count charges against Obj where he (Obj) cannot answer one.

Which mean our constitution can save a corrupt person because Democracy is new? Let's keep calm and watch. The fight is already in their spirit and they cannot stop unless they are out of there, they will make peace after ruining Nigeria otherwise they will all be jailed.
Re: Kalu Says:we Voted Mko,obj: Its Time For Yorubas To Support The Ibo Candidacy by firstborn: 2:57pm On Mar 15, 2007
The yoruba people are not obliged to vote for anybody. i come from the east and i know that Obasanjo and mko was voted for by the people of the east because they liked them at that time, not because they wer coarsed into it. Kalu is a manipulator and it wont work. This is the mafestation of bolekaja politics. AGBERO.
Re: Kalu Says:we Voted Mko,obj: Its Time For Yorubas To Support The Ibo Candidacy by lewa(m): 7:38pm On Mar 15, 2007
The sad news was that Abiola died. The good news is that I followed the footsteps of Abiola. The bad news is that he won and never ruled. The good news is that I will win and I will rule. Secondly, we voted for Olusegun Obasanjo. The whole Igbo land voted for him twice. So since we supported them in M. K. O. and OBJ, they now have to support us by voting in OUK," he said.

Well--------
He also noted that there was nothing good in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), except creating poverty and dribbling the masses for about eight years now.
He stated that it was shameful that eight years of democracy in the country, the World Bank is still seeing Nigeria’s economy as very fragile, adding that a situation where petroleum products were sold for N150 per litre, in a country that produces and exports crude oil, was disturbing.
The governor expressed concern that rather than create employment, boost power supply and provide enabling environment for the masses, Obasanjo had crippled the economy, created poverty mentality and above all, generated bad blood in Igboland.
After 8 years as Abia State Gov?OK single handedly wrecked Abia !He should tell us what's on ground at Umahia!W
hat dividends has he brought to the people?Roads?Jobs?Education?Healthcare?Rule of law?

they are equally trying to manipulate my own and my children’s wealth again, without achieving anything all these years of manipulations."
What of his billion naira manipulations?
Kalu is a demagogue,lacks principlesand a lout.It was a pityto learn that the World Igbo Congress adopted him as its candidate!That was a serious lapse of judgement on their part.Igbos need something better than Kalu~however since fifth columnists abound in their midst,it's perhaps safe to say not yet uhuru for a S/E presidency.Shame though
Re: Kalu Says:we Voted Mko,obj: Its Time For Yorubas To Support The Ibo Candidacy by firstborn: 8:29pm On Mar 15, 2007
IF KALU WILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO RUN FOR THE OFFICE OF THE PRSIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA AFTER WRECKING ALL THOSE MONSTROUS HAVOC IN ABIA STATE cry cry cry, THEN IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE I WILL CONTEST FOR THE OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY GENERAL OF THE UNITED NATIONS, WALAHI TULAHI, !!! undecided undecided
Re: Kalu Says:we Voted Mko,obj: Its Time For Yorubas To Support The Ibo Candidacy by smile4kenn(m): 3:04pm On Mar 16, 2007
firstborn:

IF KALU WILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO RUN FOR THE OFFICE OF THE PRSIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA AFTER WRECKING ALL THOSE MONSTROUS HAVOC IN ABIA STATE cry cry cry, THEN IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE I WILL CONTEST FOR THE OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY GENERAL OF THE UNITED NATIONS, WALAHI TULAHI, !!! undecided undecided

Thats a harsh one,
Re: Kalu Says:we Voted Mko,obj: Its Time For Yorubas To Support The Ibo Candidacy by Bankole01(m): 9:33pm On Mar 16, 2007
It is high time we stopping using race as qaulification for office. Kalu is a monumental failure and a thief as governor. If the Yoruba did not support Obasanjo, why does Kalu think he will get our support.
I support Buhari for his discipline and will support any Nigerian who shows such trait.
Re: Kalu Says:we Voted Mko,obj: Its Time For Yorubas To Support The Ibo Candidacy by abdkabir(m): 9:39pm On Mar 16, 2007
Y not vote for Pat Utomi!
Re: Kalu Says:we Voted Mko,obj: Its Time For Yorubas To Support The Ibo Candidacy by bawoodinma(m): 12:01am On Mar 17, 2007
I honestly don't see anything wrong in what kalu says or insinuates. He is the true representation of not only the sayng that when good men run away bad men take over. Nigeria is in the doldrums and kalu is the true representation of the state of Nigeria - a point of 'almost' no return. The fellow is not only an illiterate, he is also an idiot.
Re: Kalu Says:we Voted Mko,obj: Its Time For Yorubas To Support The Ibo Candidacy by smile4kenn(m): 5:02am On Mar 17, 2007
bawoodinma:

I honestly don't see anything wrong in what kalu says or insinuates. He is the true representation of not only the sayng that when good men run away bad men take over. Nigeria is in the doldrums and kalu is the true representation of the state of Nigeria - a point of 'almost' no return. The fellow is not only an illiterate, he is also an idiot.

You guys should take it easy on him.
Re: Kalu Says:we Voted Mko,obj: Its Time For Yorubas To Support The Ibo Candidacy by topisdo: 3:18pm On Mar 29, 2007
Can someone tell Orji kALU THAT pRESIDENCY IS NOT A BEAN CAKE THAT ANYONE CAN SHARE?
Re: Kalu Says:we Voted Mko,obj: Its Time For Yorubas To Support The Ibo Candidacy by Ezinwannem: 6:13pm On Mar 29, 2007
can sum1 plz tell dat man 2 go and rest, end of politics for him, vote 4 whomeva u wanna voteeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Kalu Says:we Voted Mko,obj: Its Time For Yorubas To Support The Ibo Candidacy by PeeDaVinci: 9:07am On Mar 30, 2007
Stupid man

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: ''war'' In Central Nigeria / Deep Corruption In British Airways. / Ibru Family To Retain 10% Equity In Oceanic Bank Plc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.