Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

I Hope I Haven't Been Duped. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Hope I Haven't Been Duped. (717 Views)

Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner / Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan / How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hope I Haven't Been Duped. by breadtom: 4:48pm On Apr 22, 2018
I hope I haven't been scammed. I went to the bank to withdraw some money and someone asked me to assist her,she intend to withdraw 2,500 and she had 2,400 left in her account.But I helped credit her account with 100 naira so that she can be able to withdraw the complete money. I told a friend about it and he said she might have used dat to trickr to get my bank details to dupe me.Note the transfer was done by me on my phone. Kindly advise , hope this is not true?Cos am scared .Can someone get scammed through one's name and account number?
Re: I Hope I Haven't Been Duped. by breadtom: 6:03pm On Apr 22, 2018
Re: I Hope I Haven't Been Duped. by agarawu23(m): 7:03pm On Apr 22, 2018
breadtom:
I hope I haven't been scammed. I went to the bank to withdraw some money and someone asked me to assist her,she intend to withdraw 2,500 and she had 2,400 left in her account.But I helped credit her account with 100 naira so that she can be able to withdraw the complete money. I told a friend about it and he said she might have used dat to trickr to get my bank details to dupe me.Note the transfer was done by me on my phone. Kindly advise , hope this is not true? Cos am scared .Can someone get scammed through one's name and account number?
Fat lie. She can't do nothing with your account details unless she has your bvn, ATM and pin.
Re: I Hope I Haven't Been Duped. by Stephaustin(m): 7:14pm On Apr 22, 2018
I doubt the possibility of being duped in this way.
Banks while sending alerts for transactions done through transfers, don't include the account details of the sender. Therefore, getting your account details is very difficult in this context.
Re: I Hope I Haven't Been Duped. by Ay04z(m): 9:43pm On Apr 22, 2018
Lol.... Goan and sleep ur account is safe
Re: I Hope I Haven't Been Duped. by 4kings: 10:12pm On Apr 22, 2018
It's more difficult than that, unless she is a good hacker(which I highly doubt), then you're safe.
Re: I Hope I Haven't Been Duped. by Thebrightest(m): 1:28am On Apr 23, 2018
breadtom:
I hope I haven't been scammed. I went to the bank to withdraw some money and someone asked me to assist her,she intend to withdraw 2,500 and she had 2,400 left in her account.But I helped credit her account with 100 naira so that she can be able to withdraw the complete money. I told a friend about it and he said she might have used dat to trickr to get my bank details to dupe me.Note the transfer was done by me on my phone. Kindly advise , hope this is not true?Cos am scared .Can someone get scammed through one's name and account number?
Your account is safe joor. Fear fear

(1) (Reply)

Paypal Fund Needed / Become A Reseller Or A Distributor Of Fast Moving Products / How To Fix AT&T Error Code 44703?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.