Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,261 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) (43870 Views)

Guests Take To Their Heels As Wind Makes A Show At A Burial Ceremony / "Please Attend My Burial"- Dead Man Begs People To Come For His Burial In Poster / Drunk Comedian Climbs A Palm Tree At A Burial In Okigwe, Imo (2) (3) (4)

Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by donbachi(m): 8:32pm On Apr 22, 2018
It is done when the man died at the age of 80 and above.it is an ikwerre tradition for an owhor holder also.

Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by fifty5(m): 8:35pm On Apr 22, 2018
Omo this people na ogun worshiper dem be o
Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:36pm On Apr 22, 2018
Good for him
VANITY
Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by anibi9674: 8:36pm On Apr 22, 2018
givan:
Why is everybody in Rivers State acting like the ancient Vikings in brutality?

Ndigbo, biko nu, stop violence in Rivers state!
Violence is not in our culture! We are hard working youths and not lazy yoots!

Chuba nu ego! Rapu oku!
cuz we are sailors
Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by thunderbabs: 8:37pm On Apr 22, 2018
No matter what we expect of our society to be like, compared to the developed world, we have to always remember, THIS IS AFRICA!!!

You cant take these things out of Africa coz of civilization xcept the coming of Christ
Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by Chiedu4Trump: 8:41pm On Apr 22, 2018
deomelllo:
Used to think Rivers state is a major and cosmo place, but it's safe to conclude that it's just another backward, barbaric, archaic and stone age village.
U be badass oh
Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by SmartMugu: 8:45pm On Apr 22, 2018
deomelllo:
Used to think Rivers state is a major and cosmo place, but it's safe to conclude that it's just another backward, barbaric, archaic and stone age village.
That's one of the reasons for NYSC. Explore other places. I was in that area for one year, I was very grateful I returned home safely.

Their ways dey different for that end. You'll meet nice people and crazy people I met both but met more of crazy people where I stayed. Everyone automatically assumes ure an enemy if they don't know you.

Fear those people o.

Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by Amarabae(f): 8:45pm On Apr 22, 2018
naijaking1:

River state have people, human beings, and their culture despite all the political hoopla. Buring the dead by sacrificing animals is a well established Igbo tradition you will find all over Igboland. Chituru Amadi's burial is no exception. It's only the uneducated that look down and call other people's culture backward, barbaric, or archaic. A little lesson in anthropology or sociology will do you a lot of good.
Please they are ikwerres.
Don't start the ikwerre Igbo brouhaha here please

Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by rentAcock(m): 8:46pm On Apr 22, 2018
deomelllo:

Ode, where do I start from?

From cutlass carrying thug and backward governor carrying cutlass and threatening to kill his own people or the daily slaughtering and cult activities all over the state,.

Abeg keep quiet if you ave nothing better to say.

How do u post a picture above a comment like u did here?
Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by troublemakea(m): 8:48pm On Apr 22, 2018
Fuckyoumod:
sharap there! How dare you spill poo?

How dare you make mockery of a people's custom and tradition? Your papa na Englishman? Abi you mama wey carry u for nine months or six months inside her belle na British citizen? No wonder Buhari thinks your lazy! nonsense write up.

infact o nor mind the ragtag... abeg teach the deomelllo abi demonfellow some sense jare angry
Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by ja2ken(m): 8:50pm On Apr 22, 2018
Ikwerre pple!!!! , please not all Rivers pple do this poo culture..
Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by oluwaahmed: 8:57pm On Apr 22, 2018
[quote author=deomelllo post=66938465][s][/s]

The fact that your ancestors used to do doesn't mean you should in 2018 perpetrate the same thing. This is 2018, not 1809 or 500BC..

Back then when they bury kings, they used to bury their slaves alive with the king to serve them in the afterlife, but are they still practicing such evil and barbaric cultural nonsense today? No, they don't.

That was a lame and backward analogy

[/quote

Shut up! The previous oni of ife wasn't he buried along with his slave, the one who ran away only to die later of swollen belly. Was Jesus not sacrificed (literally killed) for the redemption of Christians? If u don't find it weird when Christians plead the blood of Jesus on them for healing and forgiveness, why should you find it bizzare that a dog (not a human) was used to appease this man's God's? Black people naturally foolish in the enjoyment of mental slavery.
Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by vioment: 8:58pm On Apr 22, 2018
If only we fit dey use our brain for beta things like the say this thing say the youth used a quick digging machine for digging the ground.

If Nigerians do more in cooperating innovatively and technologically, I bet my money on Nigerians if our mind dey am. The problem we have is how to change our mentality. We are intelligent people but we dey waste our intelligence.

Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 22, 2018
deomelllo:
[s][/s]

The fact that your ancestors used to do doesn't mean you should in 2018 perpetrate the same thing. This is 2018, not 1809 or 500BC..

Back then when they bury kings, they used to bury their slaves alive with the king to serve them in the afterlife, but are they still practicing such evil and barbaric cultural nonsense today? No, they don't.

So you cannot distinguish between a dog and a human? Or is the dog your kind?

Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by erico2k2(m): 9:03pm On Apr 22, 2018
deomelllo:
[s][/s]

When ever I see people talk like this I laugh, I wonder who you are comparing Rivers people with, the Americans or the English? cos they too have thier own celibrations worse thant this and you know what you have to even pay to be part of it.
Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by millomaniac: 9:35pm On Apr 22, 2018
naijaking1:

River state have people, human beings, and their culture despite all the political hoopla. Buring the dead by sacrificing animals is a well established Igbo tradition you will find all over Igboland. Chituru Amadi's burial is no exception. It's only the uneducated that look down and call other people's culture backward, barbaric, or archaic. A little lesson in anthropology or sociology will do you a lot of good.

Dont bother. The dude is an empty ignoramus.
Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by ifud(m): 9:36pm On Apr 22, 2018
cuz we are sailors
Beast you.
Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by victorazyvictor(m): 9:46pm On Apr 22, 2018
Skinnienigga:

So you have used one report from one part of the state to judge the full state.

You are very smart oh.

He said the truth. I've been to Rivers and they have arcade cultures.
Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 22, 2018
decatalyst:
I thought rituals and stuffs ain't performed in that side nau

Nothing like ritual in Igbo land. killing a dog could be mere tradition in their community.
Igbos can kill cows or goat's as part of culture, Depending on the area.
Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by GaggleNSwallow: 10:20pm On Apr 22, 2018
Pagan9ja, kindly explain the meaning of this rubbish?

Who are these clowns appeasing now - the gods or the spirit of the dead?
SMH!
Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by GGirll: 10:30pm On Apr 22, 2018
decatalyst:
I thought rituals and stuffs ain't performed in that side nau
No be this your dog they just killed??
Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by Busarana: 10:33pm On Apr 22, 2018
I buy all gift cards

NOTE: I BUY iTUNES and AMAZON WITH AND WITHOUT CASH RECEIPT....... $200 SINGLE itunes card

itunes
$10-$100

Amazon
$10-$100

Walmart
$10-$100

Vanilla
$10-$100

Steam wallet card
$10-$100

I am still buying at a very good rate and cashout is instant.

Contact me for your gift card sales and get credited in 5minutes
whatsapp or call ; 08168835608..... � � ❤ �
Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by Oluwaseun0704(m): 10:43pm On Apr 22, 2018
Dog killed and beheaded...... Lols......Have you seen any animal survived beheading before? No point of saying killed and beheaded, it's like a repeatition
Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by macuwon(m): 10:45pm On Apr 22, 2018
budusky05:
It is a ritual

The dead man belongs to a � cult called oboni.

The boy that cut off the heads of those animals takes over from the late dad.

Oga say what u know. Thats a culture the whole of igbo land. I just performed it last week sef as part of my fathers funeral rites. What the hell is oboni
Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 22, 2018
deomelllo:
you're as smart as an American who thinks Africa is a country.

Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by Skinnienigga(m): 11:30pm On Apr 22, 2018
victorazyvictor:

He said the truth. I've been to Rivers and they have arcade cultures.

Arcade abi?

Correct guy. Hope you played some games in their arcade culture oh grin

Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by fakati(m): 12:11am On Apr 23, 2018
naijaking1:

animal as in dog ok make I come dey go
Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by Rozaytee: 12:40am On Apr 23, 2018
Uzobest4christ:
Africa still have a long way to go
am telling u...stupid and idiotic barbaric act...
Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:23am On Apr 23, 2018
deomelllo:
[s][/s]

They have substituted slaves with animals as per changing times. but the concept remains the same.
Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:24am On Apr 23, 2018
budusky05:
It is a ritual

The dead man belongs to a � cult called oboni.

The boy that cut off the heads of those animals takes over from the late dad.

Thank you for the mature response.
Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:26am On Apr 23, 2018
donbachi:
It is done when the man died at the age of 80 and above.it is an ikwerre tradition for an owhor holder also.

Thank you for the matured response..
Re: Dog Killed And Beheaded At A Burial In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:28am On Apr 23, 2018
GaggleNSwallow:
Pagan9ja, kindly explain the meaning of this rubbish?

Who are these clowns appeasing now - the gods or the spirit of the dead?
SMH!

How is it rubbish? Dont you eat goat or dog? These people eat dogs!

At first glance I thought they are devotees of the Lord Ogun but then I saw its Rivers State.

So readthe comments above mine to get your answer. Apparently its an Ikwerre tradition.

The Moment This Bride & Dad Cried On Her Wedding Day / Newly Wedded Couple Ride In Tractor (Photo) / Photos Of A Groom Crying At His Wedding

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51