Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book (84852 Views)

This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala / Soyinka Meets Sowore In Abuja Ahead Of His Court Appearance (Photos) / Unbowed And Unbroken: TIB Members Visit Defiant Sowore In DSS Detention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by laudate: 6:53am On Apr 24, 2018
rusher14:
Nigeria is set to get another new oil refinery as a government push to end fuel imports attracts investors to the industry.

Petrolex Oil & Gas Ltd. plans to build a $3.6 billion plant with a capacity of 250,000 barrels a day, Chief Executive Officer Segun Adebutu said in an interview in Lagos. The closely held company is working on the “front-end engineering design” and will complete construction in 2021, he said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-06/nigeria-s-refining-push-prompts-3-6-billion-plan-from-petrolex

Can you read? Or did you fail simple comprehension tests in school? I repeat Petrolex does NOT own a refinery. Even the article you quoted claims they plan to build one. Do you know how many companies in Nigeria are just planning to build one? All their plans are still on paper. undecided Planning to build does not translate to ownership.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by rusher14: 8:34am On Apr 24, 2018
laudate:

Can you read? Or did you fail simple comprehension tests in school? I repeat Petrolex does NOT own a refinery. Even the article you quoted claims they plan to build one. Do you know how many companies in Nigeria are just planning to build one? All their plans are still on paper. undecided Planning to build does not translate to ownership.

Can you see the timeline to hint you how serious the investors are ?

Argue with your keyboard.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by anyaekekehinde(m): 11:01am On Apr 24, 2018
rusher14:

STOP copying and pasting and read the content of what you produce.

KNOC is a public owned company.

Do you understand what that means?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korea_National_Oil_Corporation?wprov=sfla1

Indian Oil company:

Indian Oil's equity shares are listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange of India.[24]

As of 31 December, 2017, the Promoters Government of India held approx. 56.98% of the shares in Indian Oil Corporation. Public held the rest 43.02% of the shares - this includes Mutual Fund Companies, Foreign Portfolio Investors, Financial Institutions/ Banks, Insurance Companies, Individual Shareholders and Trusts.[25]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Oil_Corporation

Rosneft:

Initial public offering of 2006

On July 2006, Rosneft placed 15% of its shares traded with a total value of US$10.7 billion in an initial public offering (IPO) at the London Stock Exchange, the Russian Trading System, and the Moscow Interbank Currency Exchange. Part of the shares were distributed among the Russian population through banks such as Sberbank and Gazprombank.[6][citation needed]

The Federal Service for Financial Markets authorized the placement and circulation outside the country of a 22.5% stake in Rosneft. Rosneft announced a placement value of US$5.85–US$7.85 per share and global depository receipt (GDR), based on the company's capitalization after consolidation of US$60-80 billion. It was planned to place shares for at least US$8.5 billion in order to repay loans to Western banks, including interest and taxes.[citation needed]

On July 14, the official results of the placement value were announced. Shares were priced at US$7.55, almost at the upper end of the price band, resulting in Rosneft's capitalization—taking into account the upcoming consolidation of its subsidiaries—at a value of US$79.8 billion, making Rosneft surpass Lukoil as the largest oil company in Russia. Investors bought 1.38 billion shares for US$10.4 billion: 21% of the shares were bought by strategic investors, 36% from international investors from North America, Europe, and Asia, 39% from Russian investors, and 4% from Russian retail investors. 49.4% of the total IPO volume accounted for four investors, including BP for US$1 billion, Petronas for US$1.5 billion, and the CNPC for $0.5 billion. Individuals were submitted applications for the purchase of 99,431,775 shares of the oil company, and as a result, most of the new shareholders were individuals; partly because of this IPO was given the unofficial name of "people's."[13][14]

Rosneft's IPO became the largest in the history in Russia and the fifth in the world in terms of the amount of money raised at the time. The announced amount could increase by another US$400 million if the global placement coordinators realize the option of buying another 53 million GDRs of Rosneft at the price of placement within 30 days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosneft

China:
Chinese watchdog says 1.34 million officials punished for graft since 2013.
That's almost the population of Bayelsa state.
Ordinary Dino gets arrested and y'all go into a frenzy.
Zero tolerance for corruption.
Country is a single party entity- at least in practice.

Aramco:
Saudi Arabia is a monarchy which means all of state assets are actually under the control of the royal family - more like Chinedu and sons.
ditto for Abu Dhabi .

Key people
Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan (Chairman of the Supreme Petroleum Council)
Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber (Director-General and CEO)

I won't argue with you again, it's obvious you can argue against fact. Knoc, kepco are all national companies owned by Korean government being the largest share holder.

Korea National Oil Corporation (KNOC) is the national oil and gas company of South Korea and one of the most important industrial companies in the country.

That a company is a national oil company means it cannot sell it shares right?

Arguing with you is toxic

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by anyaekekehinde(m): 2:23pm On Apr 24, 2018
South Korea
There are many state-owned enterprises in South Korea.

Incheon International Airport.
Korail
Seoul Metro
Seoul Metropolitan Rapid Transit Corporation
Korea National Oil Corporation- KNOC
Korea Land and Housing Corporation
Korea Electric Power Corporation-KEPCO
Korean Broadcasting System

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_government-owned_companies?wprov=sfla1

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by laudate: 5:51pm On Apr 24, 2018
rusher14:
Can you see the timeline to hint you how serious the investors are ?

Argue with your keyboard.

It is one thing to propose a timeline (anybody can do that!), and it is another thing to meet that timeline. Proposing or suggesting a timeline does not translate to ownership of a refinery, please. Kindly educate yourself! shocked Has the refinery been built, and is it operational as at today? So what da heck do you mean by Petrolex owns a refinery? Grow some sense, abeg!

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by anyaekekehinde(m): 9:15pm On Apr 24, 2018
laudate:

Bros abeg don't mind that fo.olish Nigga.

Even me myself, I can say I want to start building a refinery tomorrow.

To that guy:
It means, I already own a refinery.

The guy needs his brain to be checked.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by nwakibie3(m): 8:41am On Apr 25, 2018
bekpo:

Did ur Lord GEJ actually paid subsidy and to whom did he pay, and did he actually have value for it? The answer to d question will certisfy ur curiosity. I do not join issues with daft otherwise I end up dignifying them.

and ur personal savior BUHARI is not paying subsidy he claimed never to exist even paying more than what GEJ paid and u still buy fuel above 90naira u bought during GEJ tenure.

swerve abeg... HYPOCRITE
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 25, 2018
Sirjamo:
Well, looking back now, I wish she had taken Mr Duke's advice, she eventually messed up our economy.

did she? what about the economy of cross river that duke messed up, the state is heavily indebted due to loans duke obtained for the white elephant tinapa project.
all successive guvnors after duke are tied down to servicing the loans as a result there are no funds for developing the state, the state resorts to high taxes to meey obligations, this has only scared a companies from coming to caly

duke shud face reality he cant be president of nigeria
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by Sirjamo: 9:28am On Apr 25, 2018
quentin06:

did she? what about the economy of cross river that duke messed up, the state is heavily indebted due to loans duke obtained for the white elephant tinapa project.
all successive guvnors after duke are tied down to servicing the loans as a result there are no funds for developing the state, the state resorts to high taxes to meey obligations, this has only scared a companies from coming to caly

duke shud face reality he cant be president of nigeria
I am not interested in what Duke did in Cross River, its not my state.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by bekpo(m): 10:15am On Apr 25, 2018
nwakibie3:

and ur personal savior BUHARI is not paying subsidy he claimed never to exist even paying more than what GEJ paid and u still buy fuel above 90naira u bought during GEJ tenure.

swerve abeg... HYPOCRITE

The greatest hypocrite herein is u who have big eyes but could not see. But blinded by hypocritical reasoning and thought.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 25, 2018
Sirjamo:
I am not interested in what Duke did in Cross River, its not my state.

but u seem interested in,what he said about iweala, is she ur bae?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by nwakibie3(m): 12:48pm On Apr 25, 2018
bekpo:

The greatest hypocrite herein is u who have big eyes but could not see. But blinded by hypocritical reasoning and thought.

u never answered my question
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by WhiteJacket: 10:12pm On Sep 07, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

Wetin Sowore do? You are just sensationalizing. There is nothing special in what I read there. He revealed their conservation. So? What more? The conversation wasn't even cordial afterall.
Besides, stfu about "withdrawing support for Sowore 2019". You never supported him. We know people like you, your sentiments and where your heart lies. undecided
To people who see, know and speak the truth. Wisdom you shall inherit.
as for me and my household
SOWORE FOR PRESIDENT 2019!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Your God Is Powerless And Useless - Dr Olufunmilayo Reacts To Deborah's Death / Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria / Hauwa Liman & Alice Loksha May Be Killed Tomorrow By Boko Haram - ICRC's Alarm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.