Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,116 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Patriotism Aside, Should Alex Iwobi Leave Arsenal Because He Isn’t Good Snuff? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Patriotism Aside, Should Alex Iwobi Leave Arsenal Because He Isn’t Good Snuff? (386 Views)

Luis Suárez Told He Isn’t Part Of Ronald Koeman’s Barcelona Plans / It Will Be Difficult To Stay — Lichtsteiner Set To Leave Arsenal In Summer / Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Patriotism Aside, Should Alex Iwobi Leave Arsenal Because He Isn’t Good Snuff? by qwenu: 5:31am On Apr 23, 2018
Alex Iwobi has been on the first team for the past few years. He may not always start but you must admit that worst-case scenario, he gets in as a substitute. My friends, all Arsenal fans had a heated discussion on Whatsapp today regarding the quality of Alex Iwobi. Here’s how it all started. As you all know, Arsenal played West Ham in a London derby yesterday. Alex Iwobi started the game. He was substituted in the second half and Aubameyang came in. As has been recorded in the history books, following Alex Iwobi’s substitution, Arsenal scored 3 goals within 20 minutes. Here’s the discussion (more like argument) among my friends. Before I go on, these 3 friends are all Nigerian (born and bred).

Emeka: “Wenger is the architect of his own failure. How can a coach bench Auba and play Iwobi?” “He removed Iwobi and they scored 3 goals……” Merci Arsene!

Deji: “Emeka, He benched Auba because of the formation. My concern isn’t about starting Iwobi ahead of Auba but our lack of a world-class keeper, defender, and defensive midfielder over the last 10 years since Jens Lehmann, Sol Campbell and Patrick Viera left.”

Emeka: “Iwobi should not play on Thursday… He is not good enough… If Ihenacho cant make Man City bench, Iwobi should go out on loan. Auba should have started with Lacazette…you cant pay him 250k a week to put him on the bench.”

Deji: ” I agree with you Chinedu, the game changed once Auba entered. Iwobi isn’t good enough to start in a team that aspires to win the league. Iwobi is only good enough for a mid-table team at best.”

Chinedu: “All these Iwobi haters!!! I agree he is not a starter yet and he has room for improvement. A loan period with a good coach will do him good.”

Emeka: “It is not hating. It is practical. you can see him looking to pass the ball even before he gets it trying to avoid blame for lost possession. Little initiative. No runs behind the defense. He needs to go to a mid table team in La Liga and get games.”

Read the full story and see the compilation of interesting social media posts on Alex Iwobi from the past few days by clicking here

www.qwenu.com

1 Like

Re: Patriotism Aside, Should Alex Iwobi Leave Arsenal Because He Isn’t Good Snuff? by Kalapizim(m): 7:05am On Apr 23, 2018
Close control, good vision and passing out of tight spaces. every coach desires a player with these attributes in his team especially the midfield.
Only Ozil and Iwobi have those attributes in Arsenal for NOW. Nevertheless Iwobi is still young and has adequate time to improve.
Re: Patriotism Aside, Should Alex Iwobi Leave Arsenal Because He Isn’t Good Snuff? by anaton(m): 7:47am On Apr 23, 2018
Not only snuff but tobacco. cry

(1) (Reply)

YES! Arsene Wenger Admits He Was Sacked By Arsenal / Sex-for-marks-scandal: Student Scored 45 Not 33 / Just In! Barcelona Legend Andres Iniesta Announce Club He Would Join Next…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.