Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Her True Love (romance) Literature - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Her True Love (romance) Literature (2199 Views)

Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos / Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Award For Literature In 1986(throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Her True Love (romance) Literature by Ameverywoman(f): 9:04am On Apr 23, 2018
The potbellied bald headed man's eyes looked around the piece of land.He shook his head at the desperate man standing next to him.

"I have amassed enough wealth.

Your land doesn't entice me.This place is undeveloped.The infrastructure terrible.I Can't wait till it does to get back the money I loaned you."

"But that's the only thing i had as collateral when we made this deal.I don't have anything else to exchange for"the other man sorrowfully said.

"Oh yes you do."

"What could you possibly want?"

My house isn't up to your taste and so are my vehicles.My businesses are all in debt.What is it that you want from me?"

"Your daughter.Your only daughter!"

"You ANIMAL!NEVER! OVER MY DEAD BODY"
the other man screamed lurching for the Sherlock's rolls of fat that he called a neck.

The Sherlock's bodyguards held him back as the other man shook with rage and disbelief.They were struggling to stop him from the way their veins bulged from their biceps.He had planned this all along and knew it was a smart idea to bring them along .If not the father would have beaten him to pulp.He had heard that he was good with his fists.

"I don't mind kicking you out of your house,taking over everything.But if you give her to me.All is forgiven.You will be my in-law.I can't let you suffer.She will be a queen"

"She .....S-h-e i-s n-o-t -e-v-e-n 14!!!!!' my God!'She's a child.My only daughter··········· my last child.You are a father have you no mercy.Of all the women you have and can get. It's a child you want?"
the debtor wept .

"Yes.I've had my eyes on her since she was 8.I wanted her to grow up a little so that it won't cause so much drama .But she's turning 14.In our culture that's a young woman.Not legal in the white man's laws .But it's a woman.She looks like a woma.........

"BASTARD! MONSTER.I WILL KILL YOU IF I HAVE TO THAN HAND OVER MY CHILD"

"Alright then.Then you will regret ever doing business with me.

The fat pig got in his Ford Luga SUV as the bodyguards released the other man and followed him .
Then they drove off leaving the other man weeping on the ground.

"My God what do I do?Iman will never forgive me.Oh God I didn't know.What do I do?"he wept .

A call came through his phone.He wiped his tears and looked at the caller ID.It was his wife.
She was worried.He was two hours late.He was supposed to have shown the Sherlock the piece of land that was collateral for the money they owed then go home after they agreed when he would give him the title deed to the land.

2 Likes

Re: Her True Love (romance) Literature by skubido(m): 2:32pm On Apr 23, 2018
Nice starting. Following

2 Likes

Re: Her True Love (romance) Literature by Ameverywoman(f): 8:36am On Apr 25, 2018
"Papa Alex good evening "
his wife greeted him taking in the look of despair playing on her husband's face .

He looked old today.She was aware of the financial challenges they were facing .But today he looked weary .As if he had been carrying the world's problems on his shoulders.

"Good evening "he answered back abseminded.

"Would you like me to bring your tea first or would you rather have your food?"

"Bring them both"

"Iman come and help me bring tea for your father"her mother called from the kitchen.

"Okay mum am coming" the teenager answered from within her bedroom.

A few minutes she went to the kitchen ad joined her mother.
"Bring me a cup too I'd like to have some tea as well"

"Okay mum"

Mr Issac Amani looked up as his wife came in bearing the tray with the food flasks.He didn't have appetite for the food despite the tantalizing aroma that engulfed his nostrils.His stomach disagreed with him though as it grumbled in protest .He wasnt going to refuse the food.He didn't want his wife to strangle him in his sleep.He had enough problems as it was.

Then she came in.The baby of the family.His only daughter the apple of his eye.She was the perfect blend of genes.Her bedroom eyes,flawless ebony skin,slender frame all from him while her kinky long hair, the soft feminine curves and small pearl white teeth that illuminated the souls around her made her smile billboard worthy.
This child woman had unfortunately attracted a hyena.

"Daddy ,good evening"she greeted joy lighting up her face.

"Good evening Iman"he answered back his face lighting up as well despite the ache in his heart.

"We tried to call you but you didn't pick out calls........"

"Iman,let your father eat.Chuchuchu this mouth of yours likes typewriter.He's tired and hungry."

Iman made a face and sulked to the amusement of her father.He always enjoyed this drama with his favorite females.Thank God for his wife.Because he was sure Iman would've been a brat .He was a responsible and disciplinary father but with Iman she stole his heart.She was the oops baby.He was a content father of three boys that were in school when his wife found out they were expecting again.And to his absolute joy it was a girl.
He wasn't a father who's heart was on favoring one child over another but with Iman he knew it was more than dotting. Luckily his wife stepped in when the little girl would use manipulation to try and deceive her father .
Re: Her True Love (romance) Literature by Ameverywoman(f): 8:49am On Apr 25, 2018
This is my informal welcome to everyone who interested in reading this work of fiction.I don't mind getting corrected but be civil at it cause truth is rudeness might meet my psycho alter ego grin .I have been a huge fan of a couple of writers here on nairaland and wouldn't mind them getting tagged as well as other interested readers .The writing bug has been nagging at me and I finally caved in.
Enjoy sending peace and love to everyone.
Hope you like my work beautiful people kiss
Re: Her True Love (romance) Literature by Ameverywoman(f): 8:54am On Apr 25, 2018
skubido:
Tanks a lot 4d update Ma.

Ride on, is making sense

Appreciate it. smiley Gracias
Re: Her True Love (romance) Literature by skubido(m): 9:12am On Apr 25, 2018
Tanks a lot 4d update Ma.

Ride on, is making sense

1 Like

Re: Her True Love (romance) Literature by IdeyFindWife: 10:16am On Apr 25, 2018
Nice build up
Good dialogue

Bring more updates
Re: Her True Love (romance) Literature by Ameverywoman(f): 1:47pm On Apr 28, 2018
smiley
skubido:
Nice starting. Following
Re: Her True Love (romance) Literature by Ameverywoman(f): 1:47pm On Apr 28, 2018
IdeyFindWife:
Nice build up
Good dialogue

Bring more updates

I Sure will.Thank you
Re: Her True Love (romance) Literature by Ameverywoman(f): 8:17am On Apr 30, 2018
The two lovers playfully fed each other the delicious pieces of roasted goat meat,mukimo and kachumbari serving on the side.They were regular customers to the restaurant .Every end of the month a Sunday afternoon dedicated to spending time for themselves away from duties and everyone.

"Lola,I am thinking of opening a butchery "he said quietly after taking a gulp of the Tusker beer.

He saw her frown.But she didn't say a word.

"What do you think my love?"

"How is that going to be possible with you working as the Amani's houseboy?And i thought you were thinking of going into a polytechnic to further your studies"

He smiled sadly and stared off into the distance .Then he downed the rest of the beer in his glass.And filled another .

"You know that Mr Amani is going through financial
difficulties don't you?He can't sponsor me through school like he promised and I can't blame him.So I want to use the money I have saved up and open a butchery and continue saving up for the piece of land we will eventually settle at"

Lola's was quiet.Her afternoon ruined.Here she has been dreaming about the perfect Telenovela life she would have.Her fiancee though a houseboy had managed to complete his secondary school working as a houseboy thanks to the kindness of Mr Amani.Then he invested in her dream to own a salon.From a house help to a self employed saloonist.She could afford her rent and pay for the bills that resulted frim her line of business.

The next plan was for him to enroll for higher studies and start his own Mechanic shop selling car and other automobile spare parts .And then she could laugh in the face of that bald toothless butcher that had insulted her for rejecting his advances over a poor uneducated houseboy .Her Musa was going to get in the same trade!She could feel the rising of her bile.And she could picture his gloating face. She could almost picture his face as he laughed at her .

"Hello lovers"a voice spoke startling her as a chair was pulled beside Musa.

She looked up irritated the voice being a familiar one.
It was no other than Kevin.She despised that fool with passion.He was the" Google " of the Undugu town .Kevin had little birds that told him everyone's dirty secrets.And he made it an occupation as well which was shrewd of him.He allied himself with the criminals and powerful local politicians in the town because he was despised by everyone else.

"Kevin,what do you want ?" Lola asked wondering why this romantic afternoon was going all wrong.Kevin was a bad omen.And she couldn't wait to get rid of him

"You are always mad.The only time I see you smiling is only when you are attending to your customers and when Musa is around"

"Watch your mouth ,Kevin"Musa calmly answered in a chilly voice.

"Am not always mad.It only that I have an allergic reaction to immature strays like you " Lola sweetly fired back.

Musa had to cough to hide his chuckle as Lola's words caught him off guard.He knew she had a bad mouth.Serves Kevin right.He didn't know that the guy was even doing sitted there acting like they were childhood friends.Kevin was arrogant and prideful.

"Am here to make a deal with you Musa"

Lola rolled her eyes as Musa looked him in the eye with revulsion mirrored all over his face.

"I won't do it"

"You didn't even heard what it is"

"No thank you.Your reputation precedes you"

"Am willing to pay you handsomely"

"Babe,let's go "Musa got up looking visibly angry as he gestured for the waiter to come.

"50K just to eaves drop and tell me if your boss is planning to travel and t he destination"

"Kevin,I will wipe the floor with your face" Musa thundered at him.

Kevin was out of his seat as if the coals from hell had been placed there.He had never been good at defending himself physically.He was all talk and no play and when fists started flying he always tucked his tail and ran for dear life.

"It's not stealing Man.C'mon!And I didn't ask you to kill anyone.Just a little information that's all.Think about the money your boss is not doing we........"

The next thing heard was the roar of laughter as Kevinhad sprinted into the Uber he came in when Musa got up from the table and headed towards him.

The two lovers left the restaurant in a foul mood.Somehow they both could feel that this was the beginning of a change they knew they couldn't stop.As they parted their only hope was that their love would be strong enough to weather whatever challenges would be in their path .
Re: Her True Love (romance) Literature by skubido(m): 3:40pm On Apr 30, 2018
Tanks. Kip it coming

1 Like

Re: Her True Love (romance) Literature by Ameverywoman(f): 2:53pm On May 19, 2018
Iman sank her head further in the pillow believing she was dreaming.Then she heard the knock again.

She punched her pillows with right hand as the left one searched for her phone.She found it and looked at the time.
3Am.The knock came louder and she rose from the bed her eyes stinging from interrupted sleep.She was still sleepy after staying up late binge watching "Black sails".What was her mom waking her up for this early.She opened her bedroom door and meet her mother who had a stern look on her face.

"Iman,go have a shower we're leaving by five am"

"I've only had 30 minutes of sleep Mom"'

"Iman I don't have time for arguments be ready by five even if your not you'll put on your makeup in the moving car.Make a choice"

She watched her mother's physique confused.She heard her father asking her mom if she was up and her mind was a sleepy jumbled mess.No one had mentioned they were travelling.She flicked on the lights on in her bedroom illuminating the girlish room that was painted purple.The yellow curtains,wall paintings
and pictures of her contrasting with the dark hue color of royalty.The decor was inspired by a picture she had fallen in love with on pininterest and her father had indulged her.Her parents were so impressed that they agreed to redo their duplex interior. She was too young when they moved in the house and found the decor outdated and now everyone everyone who stepped foot in their house afterwards could attest she had talent for interior design.

She didn't know what had made her parents plan this unexpected trip but she didn't want a headache and scolding to top it all up .She could feel an incoming migraine due to interrupted sleep as she walked to her bathroom. Excitement bubbled inside of her.This was unusual but that meant that the trip was a surprise.And she wasn't going to miss out on.

She walked over to her closet after her shower and run her hands over a dress she had recently purchased from Zara.But changed her mind and settled for diesel blue pants and a cardigan.The weather had been gloomy the last few days and she didn't want her mother endless questions on why she had ignored the weather and all.Today she was going to be a good girl because they planned a secret trip and she was part of it.

Spreading her queen sized bed she rearranged her fluffy pillows that made her feel like she was in a Hollywood star's bedroom she smiled gleefully.Her hair though was a mess.She had planned to have it done in the afternoon and it seemed that had escaped her mother's notice.she ran her fingers through the kinky curls and made a messy bun and then carefully laid her edges.Smiling at her reflection she looked back at her room.Neat and tidy and she blew a kiss at the huge poster picture she had of Trey Songz.

The Amani's had breakfast and by six am they were ready to embark on their journey.Iman texted Lola canceling her hair appointment and dozed off as her father started the car.
Re: Her True Love (romance) Literature by skubido(m): 7:58pm On May 20, 2018
Been awhile oo. Hope all is well
Re: Her True Love (romance) Literature by skubido(m): 4:27pm On Jun 16, 2018
OP, what's up na

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Make A Sentence That Contain Alphabelt A-z / Let's Go Back To January 2014. / Republic Day Speech Hindi Englsih

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.