Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,371 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces (42602 Views)

Difference Between BSc And BSc(Hons) / What's The Difference Between Bsc (Hons) And Ordinary Bsc? / Dichotomy: HND Graduates Can’t Rise Above Grade Level 14 ― FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by Sheyman95(m): 1:14pm On Apr 24, 2018
OrestesDante:
angry angry angry
☣ ☠

The differences are in us not on paper.

☣ ☠
well, its both.
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by Lilimax(f): 1:15pm On Apr 24, 2018
prechbills1:
No matter what FG says... the difference between HND and BSC is clear and will continue to be clear grin

1 Like

Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by Lilimax(f): 1:16pm On Apr 24, 2018
Printerscanner:

Buhari just scrapped HND/BSc dichotomy which has been there for years. You all should appreciate Buhari for always taking the bull by the horns. BVN was introduced by GEJ, yet he could not enforce it totally. Buhari did this without blinking an eye. Rogue politicians cannot keep money in several ghost accounts again, they now hide money in their farms and villages. Single Treasury Account nko, GEJ introduced it but lack courage to enforce it making several government agencies to have hundreds of unmonitored accounts all over the world. Buhari enforced the STA and rouge agencies have no where to hide including Atikuchukwu's Intel that has been defrauding Nigeria.

Please appreciate Buhari for the courage to always take the bull by the horns.
So you believe in this fake Buhari regime
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by MidasTouche01(m): 1:21pm On Apr 24, 2018
Tell this to NIA and ARCON
angry

1 Like

Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by dimmikel: 1:30pm On Apr 24, 2018
Only the labour market can decide that. Make fed. Govt find something else to talk about
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by Adeboyefa(f): 1:31pm On Apr 24, 2018
kingjoe:
when I will believe them is when someone from a polytechnic gains admission to study masters degree without pgd.then call me and tell me it is same

That day will come only when polytechnics are allowed (by government) to run their own Masters and Doctoral programs in technological courses. Universities will naturally prefer BSc holders (especially from their own universities) to HND holders when it comes to postgraduate admissions.

A Yoruba proverb says, "Tí a bá fi ọkọ́ lé wèrè lọ́wọ́, ọ̀dọ̀ ara rẹ̀ ni yóò roko sí" [If you give even a mad man
a hoe, he will pile up the soil towards himself, i.e.feather his own nest]
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 24, 2018
Una cup of kunu.. My HND+ACA+(ACCA invew) over any Bsc .... Instead to Dey pity ya certificate beta up ur game.. No dull ur senses
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by Adeboyefa(f): 1:51pm On Apr 24, 2018
dimmikel:
Only the labour market can decide that. Make fed. Govt find something else to talk about

Each prospective employer will decide who to employ based on :
* your performance at the interview and the aptitude test;
*who you know;
*your dressing and comportment;
*who you resemble in face or name.

You may be the best applicant for the job and still not be employed if your face and/or name reminds the prospective employer of his/her worst enemy.
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by n1ky(f): 2:09pm On Apr 24, 2018
sshyne:
Am not in anyway against polytechnic certificates, but based on my findings I noticed a reason why HND is lower to BSC. I was going through a polytechnic handbook(name withheld) and majority of there HOD is a Mr. not even a Dr. Most poly have lower number of Dr. talk more of professors. That's just my opinion

You can only become a professor in the Universities. It cant be award in a polytechnic.

1 Like

Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by omokab: 3:35pm On Apr 24, 2018
kingjoe:
when I will believe them is when someone from a polytechnic gains admission to study masters degree without pgd.then call me and tell me it is same
are u telling me that hnd holder can't be admitted for masters program without pgd,you are telling lies. With upper credit and working experience you can go for masters straight without doing pgd ashnd holder. You can make a research on this.
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by timmyshot(m): 4:28pm On Apr 24, 2018
NairaMaster1:

Some of my course mates that had 3rd class and pass went for PGD and my cousin that had distinction in both ND and HND from Yabatech was given masters even though he had to take 3 undergraduate courses.

Life is unpredictable. Let the government convert all the poly to uni tech.

Bro how did he go about it!?
I will be glad if you can explain
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by Dominicandy: 4:48pm On Apr 24, 2018
My 5 years in the university studying Electrical Engineering can't be measured with a poly graduate.
Team B-Tech
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by tete7000(m): 6:45pm On Apr 24, 2018
harrismcse:
[color=#990000][/color]

Even if the curriculums are not the same why should the HND graduate have a growth cap in the organization? and why should he/she's entry level be lower?
the truth is that they are both trained to do different things in some spheres of life and I dnt believe that should affect salary group or pay.
and when they are both trained to do the same thing then the best man for the job should have it.

The root of the problem must be addressed, until that is done solutions are cosmetic. Govt may remove the capping but will private organisations do they same? They will always refer to the curriculum and initial concept. So in the long run dichotomy remains because govt can't dictate how private organisations run their business.
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by Pharaoh001(f): 8:56pm On Apr 24, 2018
crestedaguiyi:

check your facts very well and be sure you are asking the school authority or hod not some student who think he knows yet knows nothing.

live facts from Dean office,Faculty of Engineering,Ui...

You'd better face the reality before it'll be too late.
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by urose93(f): 10:09pm On Apr 24, 2018
Etianwanokon:
Serious story. Makes the Circular known to State Governments for implementation. This agitation has been going on for long.
I'm presently working on promotions and this is posing as a serious threat to HND holders.

mkpö abadie.
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by Hephkay05: 11:26am On Apr 25, 2018
[quote author=crestedaguiyi post=66972352]
Are u serious abou wat u said kos I've been making enquires Abou SchoolS dat admits hnd directly
Re: Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces by Miraxy(m): 8:46am On Jun 26, 2019
Fake

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Full Meaning Of BTW / UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student / Four Chrisland School Teachers Arraigned In Court Over Gang-Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.