Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

The Eight States That Buhari Can Rely On Come 2019 Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Eight States That Buhari Can Rely On Come 2019 Elections (1207 Views)

Only Buhari Can Determine Extension Of Lockdown In Lagos, FCT – FG / Buhari Can Do Little Or Nothing About Ganduje Video - Garba Shehu / Buhari Can Be Impeached Over Magu – Senator Okurounmu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Eight States That Buhari Can Rely On Come 2019 Elections by TheBureau: 10:34am On Apr 23, 2018
These eight states, Bauchi, Gombe, Jigawa, Kano, Katsina, Sokoto, Yobe and Zamfara have consistently back President Buhari in all the presidential elections, with the exception of the that conducted in 2007 which many considered to be highly flawed.

Together, the number of PVC accredited voted in those states alone amount to nearly 8 million, a third of the nation’s total, handing the President an advantage going in the 2019 elections, if the trend should continue.

8 million is also equivalent to the total number of PVCs issued out in all the South East, South South and South West, as well as half of that given out in the North Central, North East and North West.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Eight States That Buhari Can Rely On Come 2019 Elections by panco: 10:59am On Apr 23, 2018
include lagos state on that list.
TheBureau:
These eight states, Bauchi, Gombe, Jigawa, Kano, Katsina, Sokoto, Yobe and Zamfara have consistently back President Buhari in all the presidential elections, with the exception of the that conducted in 2007 which many considered to be highly flawed.

Together, the number of PVC accredited voted in those states alone amount to nearly 8 million, a third of the nation’s total, handing the President an advantage going in the 2019 elections, if the trend should continue.

8 million is also equivalent to the total number of PVCs issued out in all the South East, South South and South West, as well as half of that given out in the North Central, North East and North West.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Eight States That Buhari Can Rely On Come 2019 Elections by WisdomFlakes: 11:14am On Apr 23, 2018
Surely 2019 won't be as easy as 2015 was for Buhari. He will most likely lose a few states he won the last time around, especially in the NC. If things continue at the rate they are going, he may just lose reelection because he keeps losing followers and supporters by the day, or so it seems. The NC and SW will be very critical to his reelection ambition because his traditional Northern base seems somewhat in tact. It's going to be tough for him. But I think he is beatable.

1 Like

Re: The Eight States That Buhari Can Rely On Come 2019 Elections by CilicMarin: 11:27am On Apr 23, 2018
WisdomFlakes:
Surely 2019 won't be as easy as 2015 was for Buhari. He will most likely lose a few states he won the last time around, especially in the NC. If things continue at the rate they are going, he may just lose reelection because he keeps losing followers and supporters by the day, or so it seems. The NC and SW will be very critical to his reelection ambition because his traditional Northern base seems somewhat in tact. It's going to be tough for him. But I think he is beatable.

It will be landslide for Buhari in 2019, trust me. The Governors in the South South/South East, with exception of Wike, (that supposed to be working against Buhari) are all working for the reelection of President Buhari, because of their own reelection survivals.

Presidential elections are always predictable in Nigeria. There is no surprises here. Just wait till PDP announces their candidate, then you will surely know, Buhari is still very popular.

The real politicking is in 2023, when the power rotation shifts to the South.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Eight States That Buhari Can Rely On Come 2019 Elections by kingsman66(m): 11:28am On Apr 23, 2018
PVC......power PVC ......power PVC.......power
Re: The Eight States That Buhari Can Rely On Come 2019 Elections by WisdomFlakes: 11:53am On Apr 23, 2018
CilicMarin:

It will be landslide for Buhari in 2019, trust me. The Governors in the South South/South East, with exception of Wike, (that supposed to be working against Buhari) are all working for the reelection of President Buhari, because of their own reelection survivals.

Presidential elections are always predictable in Nigeria. There is no surprises here. Just wait till PDP announces their candidate, then you will surely know, Buhari is still very popular.

The real politicking is in 2023, when the power rotation shifts to the South.

I don't think he will win by a landslide, if at all he ends up winning (which is a likely scenario). GEJ's electoral defeat should be a fitting case-study, considering how the combination of his power of incumbency, federal might, and unprecedented financial war-chest still failed him in the end. 2019 is still very pregnant my friend. A lot can still happen. The ruling party faces a potential and likely implostion which may result as a fallout of their upcoming convention, irrespective of which camp emerges from the power struggle. I don't see the likes of Saraki and Kwankwaso remaining in the APC by early next year, let alone support Buhari's reelection. More political realignments and reapproachments are still coming. As for the SE/SS (with the exception of maybe Edo) I think you overestimate the influence of their governors in swaying votes in Buhari's favour because the two zones dislike for Buhari is just too deepseated and entrenched especially in the grassroots. For me, even without a PDP candidate, the outcome of the 2019 presidential election is still 'too close to call' even at this point.

2 Likes

Re: The Eight States That Buhari Can Rely On Come 2019 Elections by enlady(f): 11:59am On Apr 23, 2018
I like your view. I also believe the journey to 2019 is loaded with suprises

WisdomFlakes:

I don't think he will win by a landslide, if at all he ends up winning (which is a likely scenario). GEJ's electoral defeat should be a fitting case-study, considering how the combination of his power of incumbency, federal might, and unprecedented financial war-chest still failed him in the end. 2019 is still very pregnant my friend. A lot can still happen. The ruling party faces a potential and likely implostion which may result as a fallout of their upcoming convention, irrespective of which camp emerges from the power struggle. I don't see the likes of Saraki and Kwankwaso remaining in the APC by early next year, let alone support Buhari's reelection. More political realignments and reapproachments are still coming. As for the SE/SS (with the exception of maybe Edo) I think you overestimate the influence of their governors in swaying votes in Buhari's favour because the two zones dislike for Buhari is just too deepseated and entrenched especially in the grassroots. For me, even without a PDP candidate, the outcome of the 2019 presidential election is still 'too close to call' even at this point.

2 Likes

Re: The Eight States That Buhari Can Rely On Come 2019 Elections by WisdomFlakes: 12:06pm On Apr 23, 2018
enlady:
I also believe the journey to 2019 is loaded with suprises

Exactly. Buhari is proving to be an increasingly unpopular candidate by the day just as it was with Jonathan before the last elections. And if his popularity continues to dip and pubic discontent and resentment towards him persists up till the election, he will either lose reelection or be faced with perhaps an unprecedentedly hostile populace for the remainder of his second tenure. If his handlers don't do something fast to arrest the trend, his candidature may even become a big embarrassment to his own party.
Re: The Eight States That Buhari Can Rely On Come 2019 Elections by GavelSlam: 12:29pm On Apr 23, 2018
It would not surprise me if PDP picks Buhari as their candidate sef.

grin
Re: The Eight States That Buhari Can Rely On Come 2019 Elections by CilicMarin: 12:29pm On Apr 23, 2018
WisdomFlakes:

I don't think he will win by a landslide, if at all he ends up winning (which is a likely scenario). GEJ's electoral defeat should be a fitting case-study, considering how the combination of his power of incumbency, federal might, and unprecedented financial war-chest still failed him in the end. 2019 is still very pregnant my friend. A lot can still happen. The ruling party faces a potential and likely implostion which may result as a fallout of their upcoming convention, irrespective of which camp emerges from the power struggle. I don't see the likes of Saraki and Kwankwaso remaining in the APC by early next year, let alone support Buhari's reelection. More political realignments and reapproachments are still coming. As for the SE/SS (with the exception of maybe Edo) I think you overestimate the influence of their governors in swaying votes in Buhari's favour because the two zones dislike for Buhari is just too deepseated amd entrenched especially in the grassroots. For me, even without a PDP candidate, the outcome of the 2019 presidential election is still 'too close to call' even at this point.
Re: The Eight States That Buhari Can Rely On Come 2019 Elections by tribalmall: 12:55pm On Apr 23, 2018
All these noisemakers from Igbo land are here again.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Watch Your Every Step If You Must Win, Because You Are Being Followed / 4 Major Achievement Of The Buhari Administration / Nigeria Lacks Visionary Leaders—dangote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.