Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,003 members, 7,952,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:55 AM

Content Writers and Bloggers fall in here! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Content Writers and Bloggers fall in here! (358 Views)

Website Owners And Bloggers Needed / Content Marketers And Bloggers Needed Urgently / Content Writers And Bloggers Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Content Writers and Bloggers fall in here! by emmyid(m): 12:29pm On Apr 23, 2018
I need answers urgently from experienced content writers in Nigeria.

What should be the salary expectation of a full time content writer whose job description is "to work 5 days a week, 8 hours a day (9-17). Ideally, we expect the completion of 10 short posts (200-250 words) per day and 2 editorials around 500-1000 words per weekweek".

I look forward to your replies. Thanks for your time!
Re: Content Writers and Bloggers fall in here! by emmyid(m): 12:44pm On Apr 23, 2018
13 views and no replies! Ewww.. . Help a sister biko
Re: Content Writers and Bloggers fall in here! by SoNature(m): 1:16pm On Apr 23, 2018
emmyid:
13 views and no replies! Ewww.. . Help a sister biko

The last time I attended an interview at one of the foremost IT companies in Nigeria, they gave me a test to write and I did.

During the interview, they were marvelled at my level of experience.
When they asked my preferred salary, I told them 150k. They stopped smiling at me immediately. grin

To date, they've yet to get back to me. angry

Yes, I earn close to that from freelance writing, and I often wonder how writers on full-time deal with writer's block and possible development of scoliosis

Well, the summary of my story is that most Nigerian companies don't pay writers well.

So, if you really want my advice, don't go above 100k
Re: Content Writers and Bloggers fall in here! by emmyid(m): 1:51pm On Apr 23, 2018
SoNature:

The last time I attended an interview at one of the foremost IT companies in Nigeria, they gave me a test to write and I did.

During the interview, they were marvelled at my level of experience.
When they asked my preferred salary, I told them 150k. They stopped smiling at me immediately. grin

To date, they've yet to get back to me. angry

Yes, I earn close to that from freelance writing, and I often wonder how writers on full-time deal with writer's block and possible development of scoliosis

Well, the summary of my story is that most Nigerian companies don't pay writers well.

So, if you really want my advice, don't go above 100k

Wao! Thanks alot bro. This is really insightful.

(1) (Reply)

Vacancies At Garki Hospital Abuja / Software Engineer In India Must Be Based In India Already To Apply / Urgent! Any Part Time Job In Benin For An Undergraduate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.