Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,598 members, 7,820,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Who Controls A Home In A Family? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Controls A Home In A Family? (598 Views)

Man Builds Replica Of Taj Mahal For Wife As Home In India(photos) / Women, DNA Testing Is Not A Home Breaker: It Can Vindicate You (opinion) / 4 Generations Of A Family In One Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Controls A Home In A Family? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 23, 2018
I have seen alot of series of debate concerning this and most times people would air their opinions which differs from others..

So i would like to see opinions of nairalanders on this issue..

In a family who do you think controls the home?
The man or the woman?
And how do such person do?
Re: Who Controls A Home In A Family? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:14pm On Apr 23, 2018
both PARENTS control a home, they sit down and resolve issues in a mutual understanding manner....and if they have opposite views on matters of the home, and CANT resolve these issues, then they probably shouldnt be together, to begin with.

2 Likes

Re: Who Controls A Home In A Family? by SuperSuave(m): 5:15pm On Apr 23, 2018
uche
Re: Who Controls A Home In A Family? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 23, 2018
In my own opinion i think both the wife and the hubby controls the house..

How?

When any of them bring up an idea about anything in the house, both would sit down and solve the problem democratically and not one having a final control of the house as to anything happening in the house must the final decision of the man or the woman be it wrong or right, that is autocracy.

I honestly think any form of autocracy in a family is not a way forward to a better society..
Re: Who Controls A Home In A Family? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 23, 2018
Lalasticlala seun
Re: Who Controls A Home In A Family? by OmoAlata1(f): 6:43pm On Apr 23, 2018
Can you define “control the home”?
Re: Who Controls A Home In A Family? by twosquare(m): 7:56pm On Apr 23, 2018
shocked shocked

Control or Leads? iS IT MILITARY DICTATORSHIP?
Re: Who Controls A Home In A Family? by anath(m): 8:36pm On Apr 23, 2018
Good question
Let me tell u how a family is run effectively well, the woman is the manager while the man is the owner. Just like the owner of an hotel is not usually the manager. The manager does most of the direct control of the activities while the owner gives out an indirect control to the manager of which he cascades down to other workers. Let me explain this analogy for the home, the home owner(man) is usually not around goes out to look for money, but the manager(woman) is always with the kids gives direct control to everyone and pass most feedback to the owner. The man(owner) provides everything for the woman to manage the home effectively. So try as much as possible to understand this concept...
Re: Who Controls A Home In A Family? by Chubhie: 8:47pm On Apr 23, 2018
It depends. For a proponent of atleast 10-15 years age gap between the husband and wife as me, The mantle of leadership clearly falls on the shoulders of the man who in this case must provide leadership by example till his woman shows signs of emotional stability to handle complex issues without blowing fuse.

A union of say equal or 2-4 years gap should be rotated under the discretion of whoever shows the presence of mind at any given time.

1 Like

Re: Who Controls A Home In A Family? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 23, 2018
OmoAlata1:
Can you define “control the home”?

it is self explanatory
Re: Who Controls A Home In A Family? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 23, 2018
Brilliant contributions. Unfortunately most couples these days are either too immature or too fickle to ensure that the right pairing of partners is made before marriage.

Since most women are beginning "grow wings" lately the onus lies on the man to employ all forms of maturity to manage the wife into submission.

The man must now earn the respect of his wife which was hitherto given without negotiation.

Except for a few ladies raised in good homes with solid training, most ladies out there will require the fine tunning of a dedicated, matured and outstanding man to shape them into the perfect fit.

Needless to say some wont heed leading to the recent scourge of broken homes we are currently facing.

Who controls the home ? The woman manages the home but the man is the head of the home.
Re: Who Controls A Home In A Family? by ImaIma1(f): 9:53am On Apr 24, 2018
anath:
Good question
Let me tell u how a family is run effectively well, the woman is the manager while the man is the owner. Just like the owner of an hotel is not usually the manager. The manager does most of the direct control of the activities while the owner gives out an indirect control to the manager of which he cascades down to other workers. Let me explain this analogy for the home, the home owner(man) is usually not around goes out to look for money, but the manager(woman) is always with the kids gives direct control to everyone and pass most feedback to the owner. The man(owner) provides everything for the woman to manage the home effectively. So try as much as possible to understand this concept...

This captures it aptly although it.is still subject to the the agreement of.both parties.

(1) (Reply)

Man Beats His Mother To Death During A Fight In Indianapolis, US / This Will Make You Cry... / This Story Of A Female Vulcanizer Who Works With Her Husband In Enugu Will Melt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.