Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,668 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable (16299 Views)

Omoworare: Buhari Didn't Undermine Osinbajo By Travelling Without NASS Notice / US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 / Payment Of $462m For Fighter Jets, Impeachable Offence, Reps Tell Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by emperormossad(m): 11:54am On Apr 24, 2018
Stop whatever you're doing and pause for a moment.
Think about what half a billion dollars can do for our education and health sectors. Just think. Think about what the proceeds can do for new vibrant start-up SMEs.
Just think.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by alebz007: 12:05pm On Apr 24, 2018
Good afternoon dear friends, How're we doing today? Just want to wish you all a beautiful day Thinking of building a second income stream? Join Oriflame today!!
Details/Enquiries? Kingsley 08149322437
God bless you.
Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by Durchmann(m): 12:07pm On Apr 24, 2018
GavelSlam:

Voice don dey change.

grin

I no follow u and the other guy dey drag matter O!

I'm only bothered that in a bid to prove a point , we usually skip the use of vital words in order for our arguments to hold water.

As a citizen of Earth, politics is essential. You can't do away with it because it can determine your future whether you decide to pay attention to it or ignore it. However , politicians are the reason why we are where we are today and they are ready to twist and coin words and emotions of people in order to achieve their selfish interests. The sooner we learn to read between the lines, the better informed you are to make an active decision on how politics will affect you.

Even the media will make your job difficult because they are also broadcasting the news tainted with the interests of those who they serve.

So when I see people post on a public forum such as nairaland, by reading between the lines, I can deduce where their interests lies and what motivates those interests.

It's not a bad thing. It's just humans always looking out for themselves.

wink
Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by bejeria101(m): 12:28pm On Apr 24, 2018
A man of that age without sense is a crime to humanity!
Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by Cherez: 12:28pm On Apr 24, 2018
seunmsg:
The headline is simply sensational and a figment of the imagination of the editors of cable news. The president was not misled and nothing in the piece above suggested that he was misled. He simply gave an anticipatory approval and he stated it clearly in his letter to the national assembly.

We had a deadline to beat and considering that we've been negotiating for this military equipment since the time of Jonathan, the presidents decision is the only patriotic option available. The money was paid directly into US governments treasury and not to middle men. That alone brings some level of confidence that corruption is not involved. It would have been worrying if cash was loaded on to a private jet and flown illegally to middle men in US as it was done during the Jonathan days.

It is now left for the national assembly to regularise the procurement by including it in the 2018 appropriation act that is still before them as requested by the president.
Before now, I respected your views to nationalists but recently you are showing your colors that even the unlearned will easily decipher.
TRULY, I WAS DECEIVED INTO VOTING PMB!
I HAVE DECIDED NOT TO VOTE COME 2019 cos even the so called Sowore may be decieving us like PMB did.
You brought in GEJ here forgetting that an embargo was on GEJ by the US not to buy arms from Russia or the international arms black market so GEJ had the cash approved by NASS and tried to buy arms from the "ILLEGAL" INTERNATIONAL ARMS BLACK MARKET.
Many countries do this; every country running a nuclear arm program is doing that illegally but in this case of GEJ's illegallity it is somewhat right.
SAME TO AN EXTENT FOR WHAT PMB JUST DID BUT IS WORSE THAT WHAT GEJ DID.
Now, you want to compare this with what PMB did which is worse off?
The hypocrisy of this govt and it's supporters is so damning that even the devil will not even attempt to do.
I dey hail all of una

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by maxzzo1(m): 2:07pm On Apr 24, 2018
Buhari na small pikin
Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by StaffofOrayan(m): 2:11pm On Apr 24, 2018
I can't help but laugh as you sell your future away, this government that immediately approved half a billion $ for jets budgeted just over a billion $ for education and you are trying to sound smart, the irony

GavelSlam:

Stop dribbling like a child would saliva.

This thread is about the ECA give a position and stop looking for my attention.

Which of his critics have you asked to pipe down on their constant vilification?

Let me guess ..zilch.

Stick to the matter at hand.

The ECA has been in operation since OBJ Yes or no?

Did any of the other presidents seek legislative consent before spending from the ECA?

Where were the insults reigned on them when they didn't?

Who threatened them with impeachment when they did?

When you give all these answers I would take you as a Nigerian who is truly concerned about the nation and not someone who has an insidious agenda.

Till then, you are same of the same.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by GavelSlam: 2:18pm On Apr 24, 2018
StaffofOrayan:
I can't help but laugh as you sell your future away, this government that immediately approved half a billion $ for jets budgeted just over a billion $ for education and you are trying to sound smart, the irony

Hypocrite.

Can you study if there's the threat of kidnap or suicide bombing?

Just say you want the government to fail so you can gave something to gloat at.

In addition, speak about the ECA which is the topic of discussion and save your sermon for the Sunday school.

Hypocrite.
Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by GavelSlam: 2:21pm On Apr 24, 2018
StaffofOrayan:

Hypocrite the executive arm of government submitted the 2018 budget 5 months ago. Have you bothered to even drop a line of complaint against the activities of the national assembly or it does not appeal to your hypocritical sentiments?
Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by GavelSlam: 2:21pm On Apr 24, 2018
StaffofOrayan:

Hypocrite.

Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by StaffofOrayan(m): 2:27pm On Apr 24, 2018
7% for the education of a the Nigerian youth is a sign of a failed government,
An insurgency inside an insurgency is a sign of a failed government
Your claim on the ECA is that Johnathan did it, wasn't the president elected because he promised to be everything Johnathan wasn't?
It's 3 years and you are still clinging on to Johnathan, PDP rubbish,
Another regime bites the dust without electricity or plans for the teeming youth
But hey you gotta get paid, it's tough out there

GavelSlam:

Hypocrite.

Can you study if there's the threat of kidnap or suicide bombing?

Just say you want the government to fail so you can gave something to gloat at.

In addition, speak about the ECA which is the topic of discussion and save your sermon for the Sunday school.

Hypocrite.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by GavelSlam: 2:32pm On Apr 24, 2018
StaffofOrayan:
Your claim on the ECA is that Johnathan did it, wasn't the president elected because he promised to be everything Johnathan wasn't?
Another regime bites the dust without electricity or plans for the teeming youth

Hypocrite.

it suits you now to say Jonathan's perhaps wasn't the best.

Hypocrite the ECA has been in use for at least 14 years. Please show me one line you wrote for it to be done away with.

Hypocrite.
Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by GavelSlam: 2:39pm On Apr 24, 2018
StaffofOrayan:

Hypocrite.

if you were slightly concerned about the educational sector wouldn't you put pressure on the Assembly to pass the budget as little as it is?

Where has your voice been all along?

Hypocrite.
Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by plaetton: 2:39pm On Apr 24, 2018
GavelSlam:

Been waiting for your response since I provided Falana's quote.

What happened?

Would be slightly hypocritical if you had said anything wouldn't it?
Hypocritical about what?
The link you provided wouldn't open. I wanted to read it first before responding. After several attempts I gave up.
Perhaps network issues.
I will try to open the link again.
Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by GavelSlam: 2:39pm On Apr 24, 2018
plaetton:

Hypocritical about what?
The link you provided wouldn't open. I wanted to read it first before responding. After several attempts I gave up.
Perhaps network issues.
I will try to open the link again.

How convenient.

grin
Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by StaffofOrayan(m): 2:40pm On Apr 24, 2018
Who cares about Johnathan and all the APC PDP crap they deceive you with, sowore2019, Im not on your old school gravy train, I see in one of your prior replies you quotes sahara reporters grin grin #takeitback

GavelSlam:

Hypocrite.

it suits you now to say Jonathan's perhaps wasn't the best.

Hypocrite the ECA has been in use for at least 14 years. Please show me one line you wrote for it to be done away with.

Hypocrite.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by StaffofOrayan(m): 2:44pm On Apr 24, 2018
Hahaha blame me for your illiterate president giving the education sector the same amount for military jets, and then go abroad and say the youth are uneducated LMAO keep digging your kids would vote for Buhari's kids

GavelSlam:

Hypocrite.

if you were slightly concerned about the educational sector wouldn't you put pressure on the Assembly to pass the budget as little as it is?

Where has your voice been all along?

Hypocrite.
Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by GavelSlam: 2:44pm On Apr 24, 2018
StaffofOrayan:
Who cares about Johnathan and all the APC PDP crap they deceive you with, sowore2019, Im not on your old school gravy train, I see in one of your prior replies you quotes sahara reporters grin grin #takeitback

I'm for good governance and do not give a Shi.t about APC. I am however convinced Buhari as an individual is doing as best any incorruptible man would do.

I have the right to quite any media that appeals to me.

Sowore is a good man and I would support him had Buhari not been in the equation.

Supporting him however would be supporting PDP because Sowore cannot win and would only dilute APC votes.

People like you would end up voting PDP at the polls and I am not fooled.

Hypocrite take care .
Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by GavelSlam: 2:45pm On Apr 24, 2018
StaffofOrayan:
Hahaha blame me for your illiterate president giving the education sector the same amount for military jets, and then go abroad and say the youth are uneducated LMAO keep digging your kids would vote for Buhari's kids

Hypocrite this would be my last respomse to you.

Obviously, you are an unstable troll.

Banter with your keyboard.

Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by sexyanyabubakar(f): 2:48pm On Apr 24, 2018
Paperwhite:
Buhari remains a disgrace. angry Them sware for this president ni Guess it not another "Buhari is not aware syndrome"? Was buck passing really the reason why this failure of man was elected as president?
So unfortunate the NASS only fights when its selfish interests are @ stake otherwise Buhari should by now not only have been impeached but cooling/shinning his ass in jail. angry
This act of corruption perhaps may be responsible for the failed attempt to change the leadership of the Senate last week in order to get their rubberstamp stooges in place.
Sai baba zombies what sayeth you guys.Guess the man is still making the work difficult?
Is it the opposition that made the FG and his ministers to hide and pay themselves millions of dollars each month for doing nothing , while preaching Recession caused by corruption. Opposition made his Children Billionaire for life. South Africa YOOTS has done it. Its not a rocket science. The YOOTS knew if they waited for the next election, Zuma will come back for free money
Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by StaffofOrayan(m): 2:54pm On Apr 24, 2018
Whatever makes you happy bro, you would soon join the movement, I wonder if a 75 years old man can be awake for over 5 hours a day, especially a sickly one at that, if you haven't seen that Buhari doesn't run this country then you are brain dead

GavelSlam:

I'm for good governance and do not give a Shi.t about APC. I am however convinced [b]Buhari as an individual is doing as best any incorruptible man would do.

I have the right to quite any media that appeals to me.

Sowore is a good man and I would support him had Buhari not been in the equation.

Supporting him however would be supporting PDP because Sowore cannot win and would only dilute APC votes.

People like you would end up voting PDP at the polls and I am not fooled.

Hypocrite take care .[/b]
Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by plaetton: 2:59pm On Apr 24, 2018
GavelSlam:

Been waiting for your response since I provided Falana's quote.

What happened?

Would be slightly hypocritical if you had said anything wouldn't it?

--Human rights lawyer and activist, Barrister Femi Falana, has urged the National Assembly to investigate the unconstitutional withdrawal of $496million from the excess crude account (ECA) by President Muhammadu Buhari.

The presidency had confirmed that Buhari gave anticipatory approval for the withdrawal $496million to the United States to pay for Tucano Aircrafts.

Falana, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN, said, “Since 1999, anticipated approvals have been the order of the day.

“Presidents (Olusegun) Obasanjo, (Umaru) Yar’Adua and (Goodluck) Jonathan were alleged to have spent N1.5trillion without parliamentary approval. We thought that that era had gone for good.

“The National Assembly should investigate the withdrawal with a view to stopping the executive”.
--

The above is the article in your link.

First of all , let me award your a 'D' for effort. After much prodding, you have at least made an effort, albeit a feeble one , to show a reference.

However, if the Sahara report article is your proof, then I am sorry to inform you that you didn't pass the test.

Let's put on our critical thinking helmets and analyse the article.
The key part of the article quotes Femi Falana as saying that OBJ, Yar'Adua and GEJ WERE ALLEGED to have spent N1.5tr without parliamentary approval.

This is what is considered in common English Comprehension as Heresay or in local parlance, Dem say Dem say.

It doesn't meet the standard test of proof or fact.

ALLEGED by whom ?

Alleged by the a Senate or house investigative committee ?
Alleged by The Auditor General ?
Alleged by the CBN ?

Unless it is publicly alleged by any of these official bodies, your assertion remains nothing but baseless innuendos.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by GavelSlam: 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2018
plaetton:

--Human rights lawyer and activist, Barrister Femi Falana, has urged the National Assembly to investigate the unconstitutional withdrawal of $496million from the excess crude account (ECA) by President Muhammadu Buhari.

The presidency had confirmed that Buhari gave anticipatory approval for the withdrawal $496million to the United States to pay for Tucano Aircrafts.

Falana, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN, said, “Since 1999, anticipated approvals have been the order of the day.

“Presidents (Olusegun) Obasanjo, (Umaru) Yar’Adua and (Goodluck) Jonathan were alleged to have spent N1.5trillion without parliamentary approval. We thought that that era had gone for good.

“The National Assembly should investigate the withdrawal with a view to stopping the executive”.
--

The above is the article in your link.

First of all , let me award your a 'D' for effort. After much prodding, you have at least made an effort, albeit a feeble one , to show a reference.

However, if the Sahara report article is your proof, then I am sorry to inform you that you didn't pass the test.

Let's put on our critical thinking helmets and analyse the article.
The key part of the article quotes Femi Falana as saying that OBJ, Yar'Adua and GEJ WERE ALLEGED to have spent N1.5tr without parliamentary approval.

This is what is considered in common English Comprehension as Heresay or in local parlance, Dem say Dem say.

It doesn't meet the standard test of proof or fact.

ALLEGED by whom ?

Alleged by the a Senate or house investigative committee ?
Alleged by The Auditor General ?
Alleged by the CBN ?

Unless it is publicly alleged by any of these official bodies, your assertion remains nothing but baseless innuendos.

Another hypocrite.

I have provided a fresh link.
If you say Jonathan ever asked the Senate for approval of use of funds from the ECA then you were born a liar and certainly would go as a liar.

Hypocrite.
Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by plaetton: 3:20pm On Apr 24, 2018
GavelSlam:

Another hypocrite.

I have provided a fresh link.
If you say Jonathan ever asked the Senate for approval of use of funds from the ECA then you were born a liar and certainly would go as a liar.

Hypocrite.
It seems the further we go in this discussion the more your comprehension and critical thinking weakness are amplified.

Your above garbled response makes no sense whatsoever.
Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by Bizibi(m): 8:19pm On Apr 24, 2018
GavelSlam:

I dare you to use your education to say or do something sensible.

What am I even saying?

What education?
close your mouth sycophant!!!
Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by chichar1(f): 9:47pm On Apr 24, 2018
GavelSlam:

Illiterate.
dunce
Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by Paperwhite(m): 9:56pm On Apr 24, 2018
slimghost:

So a human being supposedly created in God's image and given sense wrote this and then another 8 idiots liked it? It is finished! This is about the most stupid and dumb submission I have read this month. tuaaaah!
The herded crew of this catastrophic APC regime are really sickening.
Re: Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable by Modarun(m): 12:36am On Apr 25, 2018
How can a president, a whole leader of a nation say he is misled into such a thing? These idiots dont know its an indictment of how clueless and incompetent they are. How do they expect us to trust them for four more years with this level of incompetence? it simply means, Buhari can be misled into signing away our country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kolawole Lawal Of APM Defects To APC / Gunmen Kidnap Betinah Benson, Mother Of Konbowei Benson, Bayelsa SSG's Mother / Jonathan Continues To Impress!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.