Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

"Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka (49506 Views)

Mikel Obi And His Family In Nigeria, Wife Experiences Culture Shock, Dances / Olga Diyachenko Welcomes Nigeria To Russia With Loved Up Photo With Mikel Obi / Olga Diyachenko, Mikel Obi's Wife Reveals How They Met & Started Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Nate187: 1:32pm On Apr 24, 2018
bigtt76:
These people don't even know how this things work ....you think all that millions he's raking in is all his? Do you know how much of it he needs to spend on tax, insurance, mortgage financing, health care, fitness and so on? Do they realize he's married? Do they also realize he now has kids or his playing days are getting over?

Family, please be patient ....your seemingly wealthy relatives are not your ATM o!
abeg forget that,my brother is not half as rich as mikel and he is not in the country either but he helps the family in very big ways,and he just got my brother a car ,and got me and my elder brother a Mercedes E350

2 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Ekiseme(m): 1:32pm On Apr 24, 2018
activelyA:

Lolzx grin grin grin

Esseee omio
Eneebe?

100 sense right? ? angry angry
kọrọ gbagoo agbago
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Softhands(m): 1:32pm On Apr 24, 2018
Na oyinbo wife say make cousin no get sense abi? No worry...e be like say na u b the cousin sef... with your opolo eyes.
dadavivo:
Fear Oyibo wife
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Softhands(m): 1:33pm On Apr 24, 2018
Not only in the east, it's all over Nigeria...
steveDpro:
This is a common issue in the eastern part, we should learn how to mind our business.

2 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by bigtt76(f): 1:37pm On Apr 24, 2018
That he got you guys those stuff doesn't mean its all rosy for him ....you don't know what he went through to get all those things. Besides ....ask yourself how many times has he visited you guys?

Nate187:
abeg forget that,my brother is not half as rich as mikel and he is not in the country either but he helps the family in very big ways,and he just got my brother a car ,and got me and my elder brother a Mercedes E350

2 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by tiwiex(m): 1:38pm On Apr 24, 2018
bizza45:
last time I checked , helping someone is not by force ...it's his money if he wants to help na e choice , if e no want na still e choice
Yes it is not by force. Also taking care of his father's brother is not by force but sound right unless his father and uncle have their own differences. People saying it is not an obligation are definitely right but we seem to be comparing ourselves to developed countries where they have jobs and welfare. We don't have much support system. Even if Mike no like in uncle, he is not God and we should learn to support. Especially family. My comment is general because I don't even know Mikels angle so we can't hold brief and it is not an obligation but let's help when we can. Makes no sense to contribute to charity when your family members have health challenges he can help with. Not my business just a general observation it it's true.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by bigtt76(f): 1:41pm On Apr 24, 2018
Good so something must have changed or he went through hell from them hence he stopped. Don't forget his father was kidnapped once, that may also be a factor too.

He may be scared of sending money home so no one goes to harm his family ....it may be for their own good but I still believe his father might have been a factor in his behavior if negative to his families.

vickydevoka:

When mike was playing 4 Chelsea he was sending over 1 million to all his siblings every month. I use to be close to tochukwu ( mike fav. last born)

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by bigtt76(f): 1:43pm On Apr 24, 2018
I don't deny he can't help if he wants to but there may be an underlying factor in his not doing that ....no one knows this except he (Mikel).

Gbabe2:
Guy,
You are totally wrong. If he wants to help them, he can. God has placed him in that position to help and make others smile. You live in Nigeria and you know how things work over there. To the glory of God, I don't have a thousand of what he rakes in, yet I do spare a lot to make people smile every now and then. Givers never lack my brother.
I will share my personal experience with Mikel way back in 2006. I was working in a club in London as "PEKE" that's meant for folks that understand. He came into the club and was buying beer for people, which is typical of an african. We crossed our path and I thought my savior for that day has come. Unfortunately for me, he was like do we have Nigerians doing this kind of a job in London and bla bla bla. At the end, he only gave me 10 pounds which I was grateful for. I have met people while doing that job then, that gave me 200 pounds without blinking an eye.
What I can deduce from such experience in life is that, work hard, pray to God, dont ever rely on mortals and whenever you have the opportunity, give, give and give. It is always good to give and make people smile regardless. Thats my one cent

2 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by donbenie(m): 1:48pm On Apr 24, 2018
SuperSuave:
You guys seem to be in support of Mikel, he should who love to his extended family too.
Mikel Obi is nobody's ATM machine,it's his prerogative to help if he so wishes,am sure he has personal financial issues to deal with without being bothered by every Tom Dick and Harry who wants to reap where they did not sow..some people are leeches..

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by SOFTENGR: 1:49pm On Apr 24, 2018
thesicilian:
Lazy people. Because one person in the family is doing well others should sit down with folded arms expecting free food.
What he asked for is to show he cares, not necessarily money. At least he should ask after his uncle's welfare.

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 24, 2018
fabianiweka:
stupid idiot lazy Nigeria youth your papa dey sick you wan carry am go give your cousin.why will he help your father?what did your Father did for him
Abeg make your papa die make milkel fit take care of him family
are you well?

2 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Sportxclusive: 1:52pm On Apr 24, 2018
I don't no y pple feel dey are entitle to other poles struggle and hustle.....dea are other ways of asking for help instead of sounding as if he holds you anytin. Mikel Obi still has his personal problem. make una no kill am wit una own problem

3 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by vickydevoka(m): 1:52pm On Apr 24, 2018
bigtt76:
Good so something must have changed or he went through hell from them hence he stopped. Don't forget his father was kidnapped once, that may also be a factor too.

He may be scared of sending money home so no one goes to harm his family ....it may be for their own good but I still believe his father might have been a factor in his behavior if negative to his families.

some guys no De send their cousin unless u re 4rm de same fade not moda
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by vickydevoka(m): 1:52pm On Apr 24, 2018
bigtt76:

some guys no De send their cousin unless u re 4rm de same fade n moda
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Sportxclusive: 1:56pm On Apr 24, 2018
Nate187:

everyone has dea own problem and aspiration. everyone is not your problem. going out is a choice and never forced on anyone, funny enof no one knows if Mikel has his own problem

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by donbenie(m): 1:56pm On Apr 24, 2018
oshe11:
Alil help wouldn't hurt. I mean 1dollar is over 300naira here....
Why not forsake one friday night party and use the money to help your family
And who is his family?a distant relative who has to describe who he is to Mikel in order to make him remember who he is? Can you imagine the amount of hangers-on who are trying to milk Mikel dry by playing the relative card?..he should as well forsake all his wealth in order to keep all these shameless leeches happy..
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by onyii4ev: 1:57pm On Apr 24, 2018
Mikel Obi is a stingy fool.
He should keep spending his money on that Russian garbage.

At the end of the day, those kids will go to their mom's side and he'd be bitter and lonely.
These family members that he's neglecting today are the same ones he'd fall back on when times change.

It's probably because of this same tightfistedness that his father was kidnapped.[/quote]

Hmmm...
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by gaby(m): 2:01pm On Apr 24, 2018
4C2215131:

I can relate!

Sometimes you just gotta turn the blind eye to their sense of entitlement and help them anyway. At the end, they still fam even if lots are dickheads! Makes me sleep better at night knowing I'm helping folks who don't deserve nada from me. You doing it already with the elder bro of the knucklehead that called you up. Please don't stop now. It's a beautiful thing, helping folks out.

You are right my brother...after all ' Mad man no dey shame,na him family members shame dey catch'
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by maxiuc(m): 2:11pm On Apr 24, 2018
MVLOX:
Notice me kind of person spotted....
that notice me fool didn't know the efforts made to reach Mikel both on phone calls emails

Something pushed that young man to make it public

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by anyicash(m): 2:17pm On Apr 24, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Mikel Obi is a stingy fool.
He should keep spending his money on that Russian garbage.

At the end of the day, those kids will go to their mom's side and he'd be bitter and lonely.
These family members that he's neglecting today are the same ones he'd fall back on when times change.

It's probably because of this same tightfistedness that his father was kidnapped.
"never you judge a book by it's cover" nothing is what they seem.

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by MASTERMIND04(m): 2:21pm On Apr 24, 2018
oshe11:
Alil help wouldn't hurt. I mean 1dollar is over 300naira here....
Why not forsake one friday night party and use the money to help your family
I just tire my brother

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 24, 2018
bignero:
naija family and entitlement mentality

igbo family and "hes my brother and he must help me" are like 5 and 6

dont even go tribal cos am igbo

nothing wrong in mikel lending a hand though

but i say to the cousin...,you have greatness in you,you can surpass mikelin all ramifications, all you need is BELEIF ...mikel isnt God,

now you think you will get his attention by embarassing him in public?
Oga you are not igbo. If you are, then your kindred has a mentality different from that of an average igbo man. No insult intended. Have you heard of the Igbo adage "igbo ama eze"? Please don't generalize next time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 24, 2018
SOFTENGR:

What he asked for is to show he cares, not necessarily money. At least he should ask after his uncle's welfare.

Did they care for him when he was in Nigeria? You don't know the truth of matter. I have stupid extended family members like this.

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by unmask: 2:29pm On Apr 24, 2018
bigtt76:
These people don't even know how this things work ....you think all that millions he's raking in is all his? Do you know how much of it he needs to spend on tax, insurance, mortgage financing, health care, fitness and so on? Do they realize he's married? Do they also realize he now has kids or his playing days are getting over?

Family, please be patient ....your seemingly wealthy relatives are not your ATM o!
his mode of communication is wrong....but saying he doesn't have money to help, that I don't agree with.....after all his bills, he has more than enough for himself and his extended family

2 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by bigtt76(f): 2:31pm On Apr 24, 2018
I agree but do you know what his bills are like? undecided

unmask:
his mode of communication is wrong....but saying he doesn't have money to help, that I don't agree with.....after all his bills, he has more than enough for himself and his extended family
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by picowire: 2:47pm On Apr 24, 2018
Man work hard don't hope on any folk for help believe in yourself and pray

3 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by pegger: 3:13pm On Apr 24, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
pls say what you know oversabi.

So if Mikel give his relatives 10m he will become poor abi?

Mikel does not owe anyone 10m. If they want to spend 10mn they should try and figure out how to earn it.

2 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by desmond2pk: 3:20pm On Apr 24, 2018
O boy, help your family with that little change you have now. It will finish soon like babyaro then it's only your family members that can help.

For those who are saying that he must not help. You are wrong. We are ibos. We help each other. Ask mikel, someone helped him. Someone paid money for his trip. Help your family. They are they are the reason God made you rich.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by tonquendo4u(m): 3:22pm On Apr 24, 2018
Oga goan hustle
Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by pegger: 3:25pm On Apr 24, 2018
MASTERMIND04:

I just tire my brother

you have only read about one side of the story. it would be fair to hear Mikels side. By the way, Mikel doesn't owe him or his family. This sense of entitlement sucks. That guy needs to get a life and stop this blackmail.

2 Likes

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by aysuprano(m): 3:56pm On Apr 24, 2018
I could remember mikel bought 200 luxurious buses for his father to start up a transportation company when he joined Chelsea then....if this complain was from his brother or sister of the same father and mother i will be hurt but from a distant cousin probably they were not helping when mikel was suffering

1 Like

Re: "Mikel Obi Not Helping His Family" - His Cousin, Obiekezie Chukwuemeka by oshe11: 4:39pm On Apr 24, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Sometimes you help and instead of them to use the money for themselves they instead take it to a shrine the it's with all kinds of nonsense and bury it . From experience I can tell you it's notveasy to help Africans
Yeah....

Thats true though

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Flaunts His Incredibly Fit Physique Ahead Of Oleksandr Usyk Fight / A PSG Fan Shattered His Television After PSG 1 - 3 Man Utd Loss (Photos) / Mikel Obi's Twins With Baby Mama (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.