Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

HOW YOUR IELTS WRITING IS ASSESSED - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / HOW YOUR IELTS WRITING IS ASSESSED (570 Views)

The Ielts Writing Tasks - The Key To Succeeding / Why Candidates Fail The Ielts Writing Test And The Solution / Why Candidates Fail The Ielts Writing Test And The Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HOW YOUR IELTS WRITING IS ASSESSED by kunyeo(m): 1:20pm On Apr 24, 2018
[/b]Hi guys,I was an examiner and teacher of English-related subjects, with some insights into assessment,which I hope to share with you on this forum especially as it relates to IELTS.Keep the question coming!

[b]Task Achievement
- This criterion generally assesses how appropriately, accurately and relevantly the response fulfils the requirements set out in the task, using the specific number of words given-150 for Task 1 and 250 for Task 2.You are also assessed on the basis of how fully developed your answer is, in terms of relevance and full development.

Coherence and Cohesion-This criterion is concerned with the overall clarity and fluency of the message: How the response organizes and links information, ideas and language. Simply, the ‘flow among sentences and paragraphs.’ It assesses the ordering of information or ideas; how these are organized and whether or not there is a logical progression in the content presented across the whole script. Effective use of paragraphs is equally salient here.

Lexical Resources-The examiner here assesses the range and variety of vocabulary the candidate has used with natural and sophisticated control and the accuracy and appropriacy of the use, in terms of the specific task. Idiomatic expression, sophisticated phrasing and spelling are also addressed here.

Grammatical Range and Accuracy- This part tests the range, accuracy and flexibility of the candidate’s grammatical resource, as shown in the candidate’s writing at sentence level. The following are also assessed: Being able to manage successfully the relationship between complex and simple sentences; writing with minimal grammatical errors and accurate/appropriate use of punctuation.

Re: HOW YOUR IELTS WRITING IS ASSESSED by Iamemblem(m): 2:39pm On Apr 24, 2018
@kunyeo, I am happy to read this. Please kindly add me on WhatsApp 09067008390 ad am planning to book my IELTS exams soon. Trying to get a coaching center
Re: HOW YOUR IELTS WRITING IS ASSESSED by kunyeo(m): 2:55pm On Apr 24, 2018
Iamemblem:
@kunyeo, I am happy to read this. Please kindly add me on WhatsApp 09067008390 ad am planning to book my IELTS exams soon. Trying to get a coaching center

Okay.
Re: HOW YOUR IELTS WRITING IS ASSESSED by johndom: 3:31pm On Apr 24, 2018
Re: HOW YOUR IELTS WRITING IS ASSESSED by kunyeo(m): 4:17pm On Apr 24, 2018
johndom:

Gladly .
Re: HOW YOUR IELTS WRITING IS ASSESSED by kunyeo(m): 2:33pm On Mar 19, 2019
COMMON ERRORS TO AVOID IN YOUR IELTS ACADEMIC TASK ,1 WRITING
1.understand the question to identify the key features.and variables which may be two or more.A QUESTION may require you to compare the rate of employment and unemployment in a particular country, which means that the 2 variables are to be presented with the supporting documents for.To approach this question, quickly tabulate under the following headings: similarities, differences and the changes.Through this approach,you can be sure you are not leaving out any detail.

(1) (Reply)

Guys Please I Need Your Help To Understand GCE EXAMS / National Open University 2018 Registrations Closing Today. See What To Do Now / Business Analyst Job Description & Career Profile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.