Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,011,347 members, 7,360,924 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 March 2023 at 10:14 PM
Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Business Analyst Job Description & Career Profile (501 Views)
UTME: JAMB Speaks On Parents, Others Making Changes To Candidates' Profile / Human Resource Analyst Job At The Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management / Top 10 Business Analyst Job Interview Questions (2) (3) (4)
|Business Analyst Job Description & Career Profile by rahulsingh2015: 9:07am On Jun 13, 2018|
In today’s complex business environment, if you’re the one who digs evaluating and analyzing data, interacting with a variety of people, bringing meaningful insights, creating solutions, a career as a business analyst could be for you. Before you line up the things, it is imperative to know the significance and what exactly is business analytics meant for.
Business analysis is the process of understanding business needs, capturing, analyzing, documenting the requirements, and delivering the requirements to the relevant stakeholders. Business analytics is used to evaluate organization-wide operations and can be performed from sales to customer services. With an eternal thirst to be best in the market, there should be consistent performance and this is where business analysts come into the picture. Business analyst produces the requirements which distinctly state the business needs to enhance the competitiveness and the performance of a company. Business analyst acts a bridge in between the current issues and the answers to mend it. Business analysts consistently work on improving or updating a computer system like how an architecture builds.
Business Analyst Job Description: Business analyst conducts market analysis, gather essential data, ensure business data, compile into reports, which managers and shareholders can use. Exceptional communication, analytical, and technical skills are must-have traits to be a business analyst though. As a business analyst, you are expected to have the following skills.
● Creating, analyzing, and validating detailed functional specifications.
● Using business analysis, flow charts, activity diagrams, document analysis, workflow analysis.
● Interpreting business needs of customers and translating them into the application and operational requirement with the help of strong analytical and product management skills.
● Creating a detailed business analysis, outlining problems, figuring out opportunities and solutions for a business.
● Communicating the benefits of your recommendations across departments and assist to address any uncertainty.
● Collaborating proactively with internal and external customers to analyses information needs and functional requirements and delivering use cases, interface designs as when required.
● Delivering work products throughout the project life cycle.
● Challenging the presumptions of business units on how they can execute their strategies successfully.
● Producing written documentation to support the work, report on findings to present to the stakeholders when necessary.
● Using the natural language to develop requirement specifications.
Business Analyst Duties:
● Understanding the requirements of the business. The vital role of a business analyst is to work with the project stakeholders and understand their requirements and translated them in a technical way that developers can understand.
● It is an inevitable responsibility of a business analyst to lead ad hoc or formalized teams as they need to coordinate and structure on designated projects or assignments to achieve fruitful results.
● Business analyst’s core responsibility is to correct defects, make changes, maintenance and enhancement of the values of the system. They are also expected to provide reports of several documents.
● Helping technically in training and coaching of professional and technical staff.
● As mentioned earlier, the business analysts main role is to build the business requirement specification. They have to develop informative, usable, and coherent documents for the professional success. Hence, technical skill is must to become a data analyst.
● A business analyst must be strong in decision making and can use the formalized techniques like decision matrix which assists in making business appropriate and possess the top-notch quality to provide the best possible service for the clients.
● Business analysts responsibilities don’t end up with the identification of needs and requirements but also expected to ensure that the product is functioning well as it has been designed. This is where user acceptance testing comes into the picture and business analysts should actively come up with several test scenarios.
Business Analyst Salary: Salary of a data analyst usually is dependent on the organization and job responsibilities. It’s not a surprise that business analysts do get a substantial paycheck compared to other roles in entry-level considering the fact that they have the responsibility to meet the end.
But, you have to be outstanding and exhibit your skills to stand out from the cluster. So, what are you waiting for? EduPristine offers a top-notch big analytics source that gives your career a much-needed boost. Let us know in the comment section below how this article have helped you in getting insights.
Click here for more information - https://www.edupristine.com/blog/business-analyst-jd-duties-salary
Uniport students campaign against Plastic pollution and other Earth issues / One Year Masters Program In Nigerian Universities / What Is GMAT | Graduate Management Admission Test Details
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47