Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,486 members, 7,823,131 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

The Troubles Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Troubles Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (1636 Views)

The Samsung Galaxy A8 Series Full Specs & Price / Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Goes Official: 6.3″ WQHD+, Dual Cameras, 6 GB RAM & More / Unboxing The Infinix Note 4 Pro X571 With X-pen In The Box For N70,500 (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Troubles Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by Whizzahd(m): 2:16pm On Apr 24, 2018
What is your experience with the Samsung Galaxy Note 4... Pleasing or awful?

1 Like

Re: The Troubles Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by baba4thegehs: 11:41pm On Apr 24, 2018
Note 4 is High End smartphone!

Never for once had issues with that device.

It's a very complete phone!

2 Likes

Re: The Troubles Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by Whizpeter(m): 1:36pm On Apr 25, 2018
So after allowing henry007 and I to argue finish on that your s5 thread, you've opened another thread for another phone.
Until you tell me the reason why you changed your mind concerning the s5, I ain't telling you anything about the note 4.

2 Likes

Re: The Troubles Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by henry007(m): 4:30pm On Apr 25, 2018
Whizpeter:
So after allowing henry007 and I to argue finish on that your s5 thread, you've opened another thread for another phone.
Until you tell me the reason why you changed your mind concerning the s5, I ain't telling you anything about the note 4.

What did we argue about? I don't recall arguing about S5 lol
Re: The Troubles Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by Whizzahd(m): 5:31pm On Apr 25, 2018
Whizpeter:

the s5 has poor battery life, less ram, less storage, poorer camera. plus I love the S pen. although the lg v10 would be a more viable option.

1 Like

Re: The Troubles Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by Whizpeter(m): 5:59pm On Apr 25, 2018
Whizzahd:

the s5 has poor battery life, less ram, less storage, poorer camera. plus I love the S pen. although the lg v10 would be a more viable option.

You've just used style to bring in another phone, should we be expecting a third thread from you? cheesy

Well, the note 4 is a great phone and stands well against it's direct competitors. If you've got the means then go for the note 4, it's a better choice than the s5.
Re: The Troubles Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by Whizpeter(m): 6:00pm On Apr 25, 2018
henry007:

What did we argue about? I don't recall arguing about S5 lol

Lol... grin grin
Re: The Troubles Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by henry007(m): 7:19pm On Apr 25, 2018
Whizzahd:

Any phone you're buying from around that year would have a dilapidated battery, no original replacement in the market either so don't pretend you're buying any aged Samsung phone for the battery life.

Also processor wasn't battery saving or anything compared to what obtains now. You would need to carry a charger around and use it 3-4 times daily. Be prepared

2 Likes

Re: The Troubles Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by Whizzahd(m): 8:25pm On Apr 25, 2018
henry007:

Any phone you're buying from around that year would have a dilapidated battery, no original replacement in the market either so don't pretend you're buying any aged Samsung phone for the battery life.

Also processor wasn't battery saving or anything compared to what obtains now. You would need to carry a charger around and use it 3-4 times daily. Be prepared

cool. my gionee p5 mini fell. it was then working when I turned it on for about 30mins, after which it turned off and has refused to turn on ever since. any ideas?

1 Like

Re: The Troubles Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 25, 2018
henry007:

U have spoken well. A lot of people don't seem to understand that smartphone batteries shelf life is around 2-3 yrs then it starts to lose charge. Buying a 4 yr old used phone don't expect great battery unless buyer is really lucky and the phone was sparingly used by the original owener and has been left on the shelf for a long time. Also for a phone with removable battery, chances are the Nigerian dealers would have swapped the original battery for s fake one.

3 Likes

Re: The Troubles Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by henry007(m): 8:52pm On Apr 25, 2018
Whizzahd:

cool. my gionee p5 mini fell. it was then working when I turned it on for about 30mins, after which it turned off and has refused to turn on ever since. any ideas?

I think the fall damaged something but i'm not an expert. Let experts open it up.
Re: The Troubles Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by Whizzahd(m): 9:23pm On Apr 25, 2018
greenhulk:

U have spoken well. A lot of people don't seem to understand that smartphone batteries shelf life is around 2-3 yrs then it starts to lose charge. Buying a 4 yr old used phone don't expect great battery unless buyer is really lucky and the phone was sparingly used by the original owener and has been left on the shelf for a long time. Also for a phone with removable battery, chances are the Nigerian dealers would have swapped the original battery for s fake one.

I called the s5 battery life poor relative to that if the note 4. I don't even plan on rocking the battery that comes with the phone. a new battery isn't my problem
Re: The Troubles Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by Whizzahd(m): 9:25pm On Apr 25, 2018
henry007:

I think the fall damaged something but i'm not an expert. Let experts open it up.

its now working after the fall
seems like the battery was dead to the core. I just had to leave it to be charging for a while
Re: The Troubles Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by henry007(m): 9:55pm On Apr 25, 2018
Whizzahd:

its now working after the fall
seems like the battery was dead to the core. I just had to leave it to be charging for a while

Can't relate man. I don't let my phone battery die off. After the first or second warning. I find some way to charge or switch it off myself.
Re: The Troubles Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by Whizpeter(m): 10:02pm On Apr 25, 2018
henry007:

Can't relate man. I don't let my phone battery die off. After the first or second warning. I find some way to charge or switch it off myself.

Sounds like what I'll do too..
Some people will have 1% of battery power remaining but they will still be chatting on whatsapp and doing other mundane stuffs until the battery breathes its last.

1 Like

Re: The Troubles Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by yeman1(m): 9:46am On Apr 26, 2018
Galaxy note 4 is a good phone. I'm planning to buy d one of 64bits soon
Re: The Troubles Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by donbenie(m): 12:40pm On Apr 26, 2018
The Note 4 is old and dated,spec and design wise..have bought it twice and sold it twice simply because it is too outdated..4 years is a long time in the Smartphone world,look for something more modern even if it is midrange like the Galaxy J7 Pro 2017,if you must use a Samsung..#MYOPINION

1 Like

Re: The Troubles Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by Whizzahd(m): 12:44pm On Apr 26, 2018
donbenie:
The Note 4 is old and dated,spec and design wise..have bought it twice and sold it twice simply because it is too outdated..4 years is a long time in the Smartphone world,look for something more modern even if it is midrange like the Galaxy J7 Pro 2017..#MYOPINION

like the Camon x?
Re: The Troubles Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by donbenie(m): 4:48pm On Apr 26, 2018
Whizzahd:

like the Camon x?
Am not into Tecno and Mediatek phones..check the reviews,at least 2G RAM should be your minimum..

1 Like

Re: The Troubles Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by cupid4ig(m): 12:40am On Apr 28, 2018
yeman1:
Galaxy note 4 is a good phone. I'm planning to buy d one of 64bits soon
i have galaxy note 4 for sale at 45k slightly negotiable
Re: The Troubles Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by yeman1(m): 4:20am On Apr 29, 2018
cupid4ig:
i have galaxy note 4 for sale at 45k slightly negotiable
What model ?
Re: The Troubles Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by Ejadike(m): 6:28am On Apr 29, 2018
The note 4 is an awesome device but you could test other brands, like TECNO.
Re: The Troubles Of The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by cupid4ig(m): 12:58am On Apr 30, 2018
yeman1:

What model ?
international version

(1) (Reply)

Almighty Samsung Foldable Phones; Not So Mighty Afterall / Huawei Mate 30 Pro Word's Most Sophisticated Camera System / Locate And Trace Your Lost/stolen Phones In 3 Minutes - See How

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.