Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,084 members, 7,811,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy (2513 Views)

How Obasanjo Made Nigeria, Africa's Fastest Growing Economy. / Ben Murray-Bruce: Poverty Is The Fastest Growing Business In Nigeria / Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by pascal558(m): 5:12pm On Apr 24, 2018
According to a report published by CNN, Ethiopia now stand tall as the country with the fastest growing economy in Africa. Report: Ethiopia, Africa's second most populated country, is forecast to be the fastest growing economy in Sub-Saharan Africa this year, according to new data from the IMF . Ethiopia's economy is predicted to grow by 8.5% this year. The figures signal continued economic expansion following a long period of impressive growth. In the last decade, Ethiopia has averaged around 10% economic growth, according to the IMF. To boost the economy, the country is pursuing a number of large-scale infrastructure projects, including the Grand Renaissance Dam and a railway network. "(Ethiopia) has had a very high growth rate and I think that's a result in large part of a very concentrated effort by the government to boost industrial production and manufacturing," said Vijaya Ramachandran, an economist at the American think tank Center for Global Development (CGD). Ramachandran, along with three academics, released a report suggesting Ethiopia can follow in China's footsteps, and become a destination for low-wage manufacturing jobs. Source: https://edition-m.cnn.com/2018/04/24/africa/africa- largest-economy/index.html?sr=twCNN042418africa-largest- economy1225PMStoryGal&rm=1

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by pascal558(m): 5:13pm On Apr 24, 2018

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by dodelight(m): 5:52pm On Apr 24, 2018
If this is true, then shame on anyone who still supports this present failure called an administration!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by dadavivo: 5:54pm On Apr 24, 2018
Buhari has finally finish us, after him I think my grandfather will take over from him. since Nigerians prefer grandpas

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by SalamRushdie: 5:54pm On Apr 24, 2018
Under Jonathan we were the world's fastest growing economy yet we condemned him and went ahead to elect an animal

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by olawalepopoola: 6:13pm On Apr 24, 2018
Do you know Nigeria contributes massively to this development. Ethiopian airlines is one of the most patronized airways by Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by Sarrakii: 6:15pm On Apr 24, 2018
Stop wasting your time prepared for disintegration or revolution government are busy telling you go get your PVC after election has being called.

Nigeria policemen and Military stop killing protested Nigerians remember we are in this mess together those politicians who have looted our country dry that are sending you to killed have their children in the best University in the World while you hardly feed yourself and your children, stop protecting them emulate the brave Egyptian police and Military who was ordered to shoot protesting citizen during Egypt revolution but rather they choose to give them cover until the Government was overthrow. Is time for revolution no more waiting for Election that will still be rigged as usual.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by pascal558(m): 6:42pm On Apr 24, 2018
dodelight:
If this is true, then shame on anyone who still supports this present failure called an administration!
bro its the plain truth,countries are working hard to upgrade their standards....

7 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by SalamRushdie: 6:43pm On Apr 24, 2018
olawalepopoola:
Do you know Nigeria contributes massively to this development. Ethiopian airlines is one of the most patronized airways by Nigerians

What are you saying ?

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by pascal558(m): 6:45pm On Apr 24, 2018
dadavivo:
Buhari has finally finish us, after him I think my grandfather will take over from him. since Nigerians prefer grandpas
our youths that are busy watching how one girl called Nina is exposing her small yansh yhu want us to give government yo abi
https://www.freshstuffs.com.ng/2018/04/bbnnigerian-lady-begs-to-wash-cee-c.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by pascal558(m): 6:50pm On Apr 24, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Under Jonathan we were the world's fastest growing economy yet we condemned him and went ahead to elect an animal
How did we get here??

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by proeast(m): 6:51pm On Apr 24, 2018
Nigeria's position when GEJ was in power. God punish Buhari!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by SalamRushdie: 6:53pm On Apr 24, 2018
pascal558:

How did we get here??

Jonathan years was my most prosperous year in Nigeria till date, my business picked up so much then and I achieved a lot but funny snuff I campaigned against that govt and voted for this satanic cow called Buhari ...i feel really bad about everyday ..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by SIRmanjar(m): 7:00pm On Apr 24, 2018
Wow! That's good I luv ethiopians..They can be very calm ad hospitable but very aggressive when provoked..They stood there ground against those blood thirsty jihadists back in the days.

God bless Ethiopia the Black Christian nation that stood there ground against oppressors.
Dem Europeans ad asians.

What do they have as dia mineral resources?Dem get oyel?

6 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by pascal558(m): 7:00pm On Apr 24, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Jonathan years was my most prosperous year in Nigeria till date, my business picked up so much then and I achieved a lot but funny snuff I campaigned against that govt and voted for this satanic cow called Buhari ...i feel really bad about everyday ..
a good example of the devil you know is better than an Angel you don't know!

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by pascal558(m): 7:03pm On Apr 24, 2018
SIRmanjar:
Wow! That's good I luv ethiopians..They can be very calm ad hospitable but very aggressive when provoked..They stood there ground against those blood thirsty jihadists back in the days.

God bless Ethiopia the Black Christian nation that stood there ground against oppressors.
Dem Europeans ad asians.

I love this!

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by wickyyolo: 7:13pm On Apr 24, 2018
Ethiopia is the only African country I can marry from. kiss

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by pascal558(m): 10:11pm On Apr 24, 2018
wickyyolo:
Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by Xander85: 10:18pm On Apr 24, 2018
SIRmanjar:

Dem Europeans ad asians.

And they're landlocked to boot! Makes you wonder if we're actually cursed!undecided

7 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by ednited(f): 5:47am On Apr 25, 2018
We don't have oil, we are land locked but we are still growing because we are trying to use what we have in a proper way. If we had united, we could expect better.

Africa has a lot of resources but one thing we didn't understand is that 'it is not about what we have but what we can do with what we have.'

If we fight because of resource, it will be cursed but if we use it to grow, it is blessed!

4 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by emmasege: 5:51am On Apr 25, 2018
We were once like them.

Pray they never vote an imbe.cile like the Daura.Dullard as their next prime minister.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by Nobody: 6:04am On Apr 25, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Seconded... was even trying out new businesses. Thought of a number of things, now getting marginal profit from one alone seems like a do or die affair.

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 25, 2018
Everyone now has a stupid opinion on nairaland. I have been to Ethiopia on several occasions and that country can't even be compared to Anambra in terms of business activities. Most of their imports are from China with no meaningful industry around.

The best hotels are Hilton and Sheraton which are nothing but crap; the country's source of revenue is Ethiopia airline but nobody will tell you the regime is the most repressive in Africa with zero tolerance for government opposition.

As usual since everybody wants to blame Buhari and praise Jonathan, hence we jump at every nonsense thrown at us. Need I remind you, a hundred dollars is about 3000 Birr which is more useless compared to your 36000 naira and they have just one telecommunication company shocked

Yes inflation, joblessness, lack of infrastructures and poor human right record are also high in Ethiopia!

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by orisa37: 6:42am On Apr 25, 2018
Hail Salase's Prayers are being heard.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by ProYouAdminsUK: 7:12am On Apr 25, 2018
How did you campaign for PMB? Can you prove that you did, because I find that hard to believe.
SalamRushdie:

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by pascal558(m): 7:13am On Apr 25, 2018
Xander85:

And they're landlocked to boot! Makes you wonder if we're actually cursed!undecided
I am telling you
Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by pascal558(m): 7:15am On Apr 25, 2018
emmasege:
We were once like them.

Pray they never vote an imbe.cile like the Daura.Dullard as their next prime minister.
Amen
Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by pascal558(m): 7:17am On Apr 25, 2018
Bluetooth2:

Everyone now has a stupid opinion on nairaland. I have been to Ethiopia on several occasions and that country can't even be compared to Anambra in terms of business activities. Most of their imports are from China with no meaningful industry around.

The best hotels are Hilton and Sheraton which are nothing but crap; the country's source of revenue is Ethiopia airline but nobody will tell you the regime is the most repressive in Africa with zero tolerance for government opposition.

As usual since everybody wants to blame Buhari and praise Jonathan, hence we jump at every nonsense thrown at us. Need I remind you, a hundred dollars is about 3000 Birr which is more useless compared to your 36000 naira and they have just one telecommunication company shocked

Yes inflation, joblessness, lack of infrastructures and poor human right record are also high in Ethiopia!
the word was DEVELOPING and not DEVELOPED!!!!! it means they are trying to improve!

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 25, 2018
pascal558:
the word was DEVELOPING and not DEVELOPED!!!!! it means they are trying to improve!

Lmao are they better than Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by ProYouAdminsUK: 7:23am On Apr 25, 2018
Probably because it's only African country whose women can be persuaded to marry a bigot like you.
wickyyolo:

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by pascal558(m): 7:24am On Apr 25, 2018
Bluetooth2:

Lmao are they better than Nigeria?
same way we mocked south Africa and other Africa countries some years ago who are now doing better than us today
https://www.freshstuffs.com.ng/2018/04/another-nigerian-burnt-to-death-in.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Is Now Africa's Fastest Growing Economy by lastempero: 7:28am On Apr 25, 2018
Bluetooth2:

When last did u visit Ethiopia because I could remember they commissioned a national railway system there 3 to 4 years ago which is top notch and our country is still struggling with a steam engines for ages now that's underdevelopment on our part and theirs is in the development stage.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don't Go To War With Wike / Rochas Building Bridges Without Iron Rods / S. Court Judgement: Speaker (PDP) To Take Over After Governor's Impeachment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.