Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Charging A New Bought Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Charging A New Bought Phone (1266 Views)

My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen / Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry / Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charging A New Bought Phone by Sesgist(m): 11:43pm On Apr 24, 2018
How long does it takes to charge a new bought phone for the first time before using?
Re: Charging A New Bought Phone by Sunkyphil(m): 5:48am On Apr 25, 2018
Once it gets to 100%
Re: Charging A New Bought Phone by Realboygenius(m): 5:57pm On Apr 25, 2018
Once it's 100%
You're good to go.
Re: Charging A New Bought Phone by kvngjesse(m): 6:29pm On Apr 25, 2018
Sesgist:
How long does it takes to charge a new bought phone for the first time before using?
Depends on the phone.
Re: Charging A New Bought Phone by guji12(m): 11:05pm On Apr 25, 2018
kvngjesse:

Depends on the phone.
Deres nofin like depends on the phone.. no phone charges more than 100%..

1 Like

Re: Charging A New Bought Phone by samodan(m): 1:03am On Apr 26, 2018
You do not actually need to charge your new phone to a 100% before using, I never do.
I don't really understand how a myth from the 90s is still alive till today

We no longer use Nickel-cadmium batteries that had the memory effect where you had to charge it fully so it didn't forget where it's full capacity is at.

We've used Li-Ion batteries that put an end to all that
And now we use Li-polymer batteries.
There's no such thing

Thanks

9 Likes

Re: Charging A New Bought Phone by Afobear: 6:46am On Apr 26, 2018
samodan:
You do not actually need to charge your new phone to a 100% before using, I never do.
I don't really understand how a myth from the 90s is still alive till today

We no longer use Nickel-cadmium batteries that had the memory effect where you had to charge it fully so it didn't forget where it's full capacity is at.

We've used Li-Ion batteries that put an end to all that
And now we use Li-polymer batteries.
There's no such thing

Thanks
only sensible folk here

2 Likes

Re: Charging A New Bought Phone by samodan(m): 1:38pm On May 19, 2018
Afobear:
only sensible folk here

Thanks
I wish a lot of us actually didn't believe things so easily and did a little research.

Our discussions would be a lot more productive

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charging A New Bought Phone by HeyCorleone(m): 1:48pm On May 19, 2018
According to a research by Battery University, you can even use your phone with the battery out of the box.

You no longer have to wait to charge it till it's full before you start using it.
Re: Charging A New Bought Phone by Afobear: 8:03pm On May 19, 2018
samodan:

Thanks
I wish a lot of us actually didn't believe things so easily and did a little research.

Our discussions would be a lot more productive
you dey mind your country people? The rather exhaust their data watching Emmanuelle
Re: Charging A New Bought Phone by Abiodunspectre(m): 6:22pm On May 21, 2018
Charge till full just like I did with my camon x pro
Re: Charging A New Bought Phone by samodan(m): 1:58am On May 22, 2018
Afobear:
you dey mind your country people? The rather exhaust their data watching Emmanuelle

grin grin

(1) (Reply)

COME IN; Help A Brother Decide / Nokia X: First HMD Smartphone To Sport A Notch / See This Samsung Smartphone, It Is A Fine Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.