Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Eating Meat Last Or First In Meals, How Do I Train My Kids - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Eating Meat Last Or First In Meals, How Do I Train My Kids (1248 Views)

New Year: Who Can Help Me With How To Cook Fried Rice For My Kids / See The Food My Kids Just Had As Lunch. / Eating Meat Last: Why Do Most Nigerians Do This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eating Meat Last Or First In Meals, How Do I Train My Kids by DreamSonInlaw(m): 9:59am On Apr 25, 2018
So we all grew up (especially in Africa) with the notion that children should finish eating their meals first before going on to eat their meat. Infact, eating meat before you touch your food in some quarters is perceived as lack of proper home training.

So it got me thinking on what explanation to give my kids on this matter.

Re: Eating Meat Last Or First In Meals, How Do I Train My Kids by preciousosas1(m): 10:24am On Apr 25, 2018
Allow them eat meat any point when having a meal. There is no sound or generally accepted rationale behind eating meat either at the end or beginning of a meal.

3 Likes

Re: Eating Meat Last Or First In Meals, How Do I Train My Kids by DreamSonInlaw(m): 1:17pm On Apr 25, 2018
preciousosas1:
Allow them eat meat any point when having a meal. There is no sound or generally accepted rationale behind eating meat either at the end or beginning of a meal.

Thanks, I'll start with myself so it will be easy
Re: Eating Meat Last Or First In Meals, How Do I Train My Kids by Benbisco(f): 4:26pm On Apr 26, 2018
I think there really isn't any special time to eat meat while eating.I as an adult eat meat while eating food and it is a motivation to continue eating so I will not fuss about it if my children do same.
Re: Eating Meat Last Or First In Meals, How Do I Train My Kids by DreamSonInlaw(m): 1:14pm On Apr 27, 2018
Benbisco:
I think there really isn't any special time to eat meat while eating.I as an adult eat meat while eating food and it is a motivation to continue eating so I will not fuss about it if my children do same.

I gotcha
Buh how about on instances where your kids go to an aunt place or someting and they start to eat the meat first and she rebuke them...you know there are aunties like that.
Re: Eating Meat Last Or First In Meals, How Do I Train My Kids by Benbisco(f): 3:44pm On Apr 27, 2018
DreamSonInlaw:

I gotcha
Buh how about on instances where your kids go to an aunt place or someting and they start to eat the meat first and she rebuke them...you know there are aunties like that.

Well, they do not have to start with the meat anyway(I will not encourage that) but its not a big deal if they eat it a little into the meal. If big Aunt complains, Just laugh and tell her it doesn't really matter and try to convince her that its actually not a big deal.
Re: Eating Meat Last Or First In Meals, How Do I Train My Kids by DreamSonInlaw(m): 11:18am On Apr 28, 2018
Benbisco:

Well, they do not have to start with the meat anyway(I will not encourage that) but its not a big deal if they eat it a little into the meal. If big Aunt complains, Just laugh and tell her it doesn't really matter and try to convince her that its actually not a big deal.

You sound like a sweet parent already.
Re: Eating Meat Last Or First In Meals, How Do I Train My Kids by Benbisco(f): 1:35pm On Apr 28, 2018
DreamSonInlaw:

You sound like a sweet parent already.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Big, Mature Chickens In Abuja @#2,500 / Nafdac Need To See This / Heart Food Macaroni Available For Sale And Supply In Large Quantity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.