Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,772 members, 7,827,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Newsosinbajo Condemns Killing Of Priest By Herdsmen - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Newsosinbajo Condemns Killing Of Priest By Herdsmen (299 Views)

A Priest Came Out From The Ghastly Car Accident Without Any Injury. Photos / See Viral Video Of Priest Who Slapped A Child During Baptism / Two Teaches Attacked By Herdsmen Along Ewekoro, Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Newsosinbajo Condemns Killing Of Priest By Herdsmen by olami839: 10:31pm On Apr 25, 2018
Mr Yemi Osinbajo, Vice President of Nigeria, has condemned the killing of two priests in Benue state.

Herdsmen attacked St. Ignatius Quasi Parish Ukpor-Mbalom in Ayar-Mbalom community of Gwer East Local Government Area of Benue State on Tuesday, April 24, 2018, after killing two Catholic priests and 17 church members.

According to report, Osinbajo described the killing as a heinous sacrilege. he, however, stated that the devil’s plan is to cause religious conflict in Nigeria. He made this known in a statement at the Inauguration of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry headquarters auditorium in Gbagada, Lagos state.

“…I was notified of the violation of a Catholic church in Benue State by armed killers, who went there while a burial mass was taking place and killed the priest and some worshippers.

“It is not only a heinous sacrilege but high wickedness to kill persons in the place of worship. As I discuss these issues with the President and other members of the security council, it is evident to me and to many that the devil’s biggest agenda is to stoke up a religious conflict in Nigeria; one that will make it impossible for anyone to preach the gospel or even Muslims to worship in their mosques. A few days ago in Bama, a mosque was burnt and many died. ......

https://mashable.com.ng/osinbajo-condemns-killing-of-priest-by-herdsmen/

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

What's Wallls Cladding ? / Today Is My Birthday / Ethical And Moral Sustainability Of The African Youths - By Benneth Anumihe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.