Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Android OS Is Eating Too Much Of My Data. Pls Help!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android OS Is Eating Too Much Of My Data. Pls Help!! (1032 Views)

Seems Google Android One OS Is The Best For Android / Huawei Hongmeng OS Is Reportedly “60% Faster” Than Google’s Android / Help! Android OS Is Finishing My Data! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android OS Is Eating Too Much Of My Data. Pls Help!! by jozz(m): 9:01am On Apr 26, 2018
Pls guys I need help with regards to the data consumption on my phone.1G data lasts only 2 weeks. checking the analysis shows that the highest data use goes to android OS, sometimes as much as 500mb.

I don't download or watch live videos. All I do is limited to naira land,WhatsApp, opera news and Google. I have tried many suggestions but still no change. Guys with expertise on phone issues,pls help a brother out.
Re: Android OS Is Eating Too Much Of My Data. Pls Help!! by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:15am On Apr 26, 2018
Turn off background data or turn on your data saver if you're using Nougat
Re: Android OS Is Eating Too Much Of My Data. Pls Help!! by jozz(m): 9:22am On Apr 26, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:
Turn off background data or turn on your data saver if you're using Nougat

Data saver has always be on. But I can't find where to turn background data off. Am using techno k7.
Re: Android OS Is Eating Too Much Of My Data. Pls Help!! by MarkWayne89: 9:39am On Apr 26, 2018
Try checking your Android OS to see if you can identify any unwanted apps. These could be viruses, or simply buggy or unwanted apps that simply install themselved without your knowing. Here's what you have to do:

1. Boot into safe mode
2. Search through your apps (go to Settings > App Manager > Downloaded Apps)
3. Uninstall any suspicious apps (or anything that shouldn't belong there - be careful not to uninstall a default app that is required by your OS).
4. Remove the Device Administrator Status of the uninstalled app: Go to Settings > Security > Device Administrator. Here, you will see all the apps with this status. Simply look for the app and uncheck the box which grants it this status.

https://www.unlockunit.com/blog/how-to-tell-if-your-phone-has-a-virus

Also, did you do any updates recently? Bear in mind that higher data consumption doesn't mean that you have a virus, it can simply mean that your phone needs more data, which sometimes is caused by updates.
Re: Android OS Is Eating Too Much Of My Data. Pls Help!! by jozz(m): 9:57am On Apr 26, 2018
MarkWayne89:
Try checking your Android OS to see if you can identify any unwanted apps. These could be viruses, or simply buggy or unwanted apps that simply install themselved without your knowing. Here's what you have to do:

1. Boot into safe mode
2. Search through your apps (go to Settings > App Manager > Downloaded Apps)
3. Uninstall any suspicious apps (or anything that shouldn't belong there - be careful not to uninstall a default app that is required by your OS).
4. Remove the Device Administrator Status of the uninstalled app: Go to Settings > Security > Device Administrator. Here, you will see all the apps with this status. Simply look for the app and uncheck the box which grants it this status.

https://www.unlockunit.com/blog/how-to-tell-if-your-phone-has-a-virus

Also, did you do any updates recently? Bear in mind that higher data consumption doesn't mean that you have a virus, it can simply mean that your phone needs more data, which sometimes is caused by updates.

Thanks bro for your answers. but before I look into what u said, can u help me locate where I can turn off background data on techno k7.it is usually easily to find on other devices but not on this phone. Or us this feature absent
Re: Android OS Is Eating Too Much Of My Data. Pls Help!! by Whizpeter(m): 10:08am On Apr 26, 2018
Download Android firewall plus (afwall+) from playstore and thank me later. It requires a rooted device tho.
Re: Android OS Is Eating Too Much Of My Data. Pls Help!! by Whizpeter(m): 10:08am On Apr 26, 2018
Download Android firewall plus (afwall+) from playstore and thank me later. It requires a rooted device tho.
Re: Android OS Is Eating Too Much Of My Data. Pls Help!! by MarkWayne89: 10:11am On Apr 27, 2018
jozz:

Thanks bro for your answers. but before I look into what u said, can u help me locate where I can turn off background data on techno k7.it is usually easily to find on other devices but not on this phone. Or us this feature absent

Thanks, you need to go to "Data Usage" and turn on "Data saver" (I think this is the process, however, I don't have a tecno with me).
Re: Android OS Is Eating Too Much Of My Data. Pls Help!! by jozz(m): 3:11pm On Apr 27, 2018
MarkWayne89:

Thanks, you need to go to "Data Usage" and turn on "Data saver" (I think this is the process, however, I don't have a tecno with me).
Not working
Re: Android OS Is Eating Too Much Of My Data. Pls Help!! by MarkWayne89: 8:53am On Apr 30, 2018
jozz:
Not working

I don't know anything else, sorry bor sad

Did you manage to fix it?
Re: Android OS Is Eating Too Much Of My Data. Pls Help!! by johnnyholtby(m): 11:53am On Apr 30, 2018
Download no root firewall and you're good to go.... thank me later though cool
Re: Android OS Is Eating Too Much Of My Data. Pls Help!! by blackweaver(m): 1:36pm On Apr 30, 2018
Whizpeter:
Download Android firewall plus (afwall+) from playstore and thank me later.
It requires a rooted device tho.

I use noroot data firewall doesn't require root. Works like a charm

1 Like

Re: Android OS Is Eating Too Much Of My Data. Pls Help!! by Ovie56(m): 2:39pm On Apr 30, 2018
did you change your font recently

(1) (Reply)

I Need Huawei Honor 9 Lite!!! / Watch The Full Camera Comparison Between The Latest Infinix Note 5 Stylus Vs Tec / Get 3.6gb Data For #600 And 6gb For #1000 On Glo Special Data Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.