Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,346 members, 7,954,405 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:17 PM

No Unilag SPGS Website?: Is Nigeria A Serious Nation? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No Unilag SPGS Website?: Is Nigeria A Serious Nation? (542 Views)

Unilag Spgs Past Questions Msc Computer Science 2024/2025 Exam Study Guide / 2022/2023 Unilag SPGS Screening Exercise / Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Unilag SPGS Website?: Is Nigeria A Serious Nation? by ochukoccna: 12:00pm On Apr 26, 2018
Morning y’all
It is with a heavy heart I post this
I’m no Einstein nor Tesla
Just a regular Joe seeking for technological knowhow
I just got off a futile search on Unilag’s website for their PG school
A university which calls itself as the nation’s pride
As an alumnus, it is embarrassing that in April 2018, Unilag has no functioning post graduate website
A tool that can help her interface with the world
I’ve used it before but I don’ know if its still in use
Look at how we castigate Seun when Nairaland is down needlessly
In this information age, it a scandal that the PG’s school last twitter post was almost 3 years back
14th August 2015 to be precise

They might have other social media information outlets but why keep any functional without regular updates?
So I have to stop all that I’m doing and haul off my black a$$ to Akoka for information I may not even get
Why then were we tearing our hair out at Sen Udoma [budget and planning minister] who goofed on Nigeria’s debt profile when asked repeatedly by a CNN anchor some time back at an investment event?
Why are we as a nation never serious?
The little things pave the way for the bigger ones
Look at the tragedy of governance all over this country
What if I was a foreigner wanting to come study in Lagos, how do I get information?
In this days of e-learning, this is pathetic
Why then are we pissed our learning institutions lead at the back when global academic ratings come out?
Is Nigeria ready for the AI age?
Is Nigeria a serious country?
I hope we can find the right answers

Re: No Unilag SPGS Website?: Is Nigeria A Serious Nation? by dominique(f): 12:16pm On Apr 26, 2018
Possibly a temporary network issue
Re: No Unilag SPGS Website?: Is Nigeria A Serious Nation? by ochukoccna: 12:21pm On Apr 26, 2018
The twitter feed has a link to to a blank "something is coming" page
Even using google is of no help undecided undecided

Re: No Unilag SPGS Website?: Is Nigeria A Serious Nation? by ochukoccna: 12:26pm On Apr 26, 2018
dominique:

Possibly a temporary network issue

I doubt that
I'm no IT guru but the website has been non-existent for a while cool cool
If otherwise, google would have a cached copy to serve you with but the attached image says otherwise
Also is that why the last twitter post of a very important branch of Unilag almost 3 years old?
shocked shocked

Re: No Unilag SPGS Website?: Is Nigeria A Serious Nation? by HigherEd: 12:38pm On Apr 26, 2018
The fact that universities have websites was as a result of NUC imposing it on them. If some could they wouldn't even have a website. So they do it half heartedly as they do everything else. Just compare the trash university of Ibadan and Unilag call a website and compare it to universities in the west and you would see a terrible gap.

I don't even think some universities have facebook or twitter accounts where they could best relate with prospective students. No you would have to travel miles just to visit the poo centers that call themselves universities only for them to treat you like a piece of trash.

Unfortunately they have also infected some poorly founded private universities to do the same thing.
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: No Unilag SPGS Website?: Is Nigeria A Serious Nation? by CodeTemplar: 12:51pm On Apr 26, 2018
Pathetic.This is proof our educational system is below average.

Which serious school that is expecting serious foreign national to apply there will have such a pathetic cyber presence?

This is why covenant uni and other private schools delivering the goods deserve some respect and not constant pulling down like life starts and ends with competition.

1 Like

Re: No Unilag SPGS Website?: Is Nigeria A Serious Nation? by Jazmiynne: 6:04am On Apr 27, 2018
I did my MSc at unilag 2015/2016 session. Up till last year there was the spgs website - a very functional one where we saw our names on the admission list, did course registrations, payments, checked results, etc.

However, I tried logging in today and it seems the site is currently being worked on. That doesn't mean it never existed. They are working on the site.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Identify The Odd Speech Sound In This Question? / Unilag Post Utme Area Of Concentration / Fake Receipts: Abia Polytechnic Recovers N43m From Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.