Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate (22906 Views)

Ijaws And Ibibios Which One of them Is More In Population / Population Growth: Nigeria Sitting On Time Bomb – Governor Yari / GDP Growth Rate Of West Africa, Nigeria Becomes Last On The List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by asawanathegreat(m): 3:34pm On Apr 26, 2018
I hope u guys do minus the people they are killing everyday in our population
Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by islandmoon: 3:37pm On Apr 26, 2018
Buhari kingsmen from Chad, Niger, Mali and Sudan is solely responsible for this, they are everywhere in Nigeria now

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by Flatties: 3:37pm On Apr 26, 2018
OgahBohz:

lolzzz

u be real phuck boy ..

Well, I'll only agree.....

If your fada nna bouy
Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by Ironi: 3:38pm On Apr 26, 2018
The Nigerian government should seriously start thinking of population control because this is not good for Nigeria and West Africa.

A Family should be restricted to at most 2 children after which the male balls must be removed or vasectomy performed to sterilise the man.

The resources of Nigeria cannot continue to sustain this reckless free for all procreation.

It is also not good in any way for West Africa because Nigerians will migrate in their numbers in search of sustenance and with their lawlessness, criminal ways, violence and fierce tendencies a Nigerian in any place is one too many.

West Africa will bear the brunt, very troubling.
Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by yazzman(m): 3:41pm On Apr 26, 2018
Robisky001:
Population growth is a two hedge sword. It can either be a blessing or a curse. I guess you now know where Nigeria falls in?
curse abi?
Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by ChimuchiYola(f): 3:42pm On Apr 26, 2018
Wetin concern me??
Lai Mohammed is still a minister .... Mtcheeew
Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by me69: 3:50pm On Apr 26, 2018
Don't forget that Nigeria is very bad at keeping records. The rate might just be a reglection of the fact that we count people that we left out in 2000. I sincerely beleive that if china has 1.4b people, at least nigeria's population should not be below 500m
Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by OgahBohz: 3:51pm On Apr 26, 2018
Igbos:
Well, I'll only agree.....
If your fada nna bouy

buhahahahahaha,
guy abeg nor ki me with laf biko,
chai did somebody rape your mother ni ?
why you so pained ?
lolzzz yeye guy..
Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by Flatties: 4:01pm On Apr 26, 2018
OgahBohz:

buhahahahahaha,

guy abeg nor ki me with laf biko,

chai did somebody rape your mother ni ?

why you so pained ?

lolzzz yeye guy..

Buhahahaha

Yeah! Emi nonny
Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by CSTR1003: 4:06pm On Apr 26, 2018
Nigerians fucck too much and without the commensurate protection against conception.
And I don't mean abortion .

We are just reducing our own standard of living by ourselves .
Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by Kazeem47(m): 4:15pm On Apr 26, 2018
So all those BOKO HARAM no reduce the population sef.na wa o.
Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by Horus(m): 4:18pm On Apr 26, 2018
No Nigeria is not overpopulated, far from it. We have to look at the population density of Nigeria, ( people per square mile ). The population density of Europe is higher than in Nigeria, (more people per square mile than Nigeria), so in fact Europe is overpopulated and Europeans are not complaining about it. We just have to create more jobs for the young generation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 4:24pm On Apr 26, 2018
I AM HAPPY & PROUD OF MY COUNTRY
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 4:25pm On Apr 26, 2018
I AM HAPPY & PROUD OF MY COUNTRY
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by skallion7(m): 4:37pm On Apr 26, 2018
Ironi:
The Nigerian government should seriously start thinking of population control because this is not good for Nigeria and West Africa.

A Family should be restricted to at most 2 children after which the male balls must be removed or vasectomy performed to sterilise the man.

The resources of Nigeria cannot continue to sustain this reckless free for all procreation.

It is also not good in any way for West Africa because Nigerians will migrate in their numbers in search of sustenance and with their lawlessness, criminal ways, violence and fierce tendencies a Nigerian in any place is one too many.

West Africa will bear the brunt, very troubling.
There's no sense in what you wrote here, you should face your country's ghana problem
Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by ProYouAdminsUK: 5:22pm On Apr 26, 2018
If you think our population is too high, consider our high mortality rate in Nigeria. Tell me a month that goes by that Nigerians do not hear of somebody dying in their community. Ignore official figures; I contend we have lowest life expectancy in the world.

Do this calculation to estimate life expectancy.

Take average age of everyone you remember to have died in last 1 year.

Include still births or infants record their age as zero if stillborn at full term or close to full-term ; record age as 1 for babies dying between 6months and 12months.

Include deaths from accidents, car crashes etc and violent crime etc.
Don't include those that you have not personally met (with exception of stillborn babies which should include), Don't include people who you do not know their age.

I did this calculation and was amazed at the average age.

I am keen to learn what figure others arrive at before giving you my figure.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by DonMekino(m): 6:34pm On Apr 26, 2018
With about 80%+ brainless up there.....odikwa egwu
Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by johnson232: 6:39pm On Apr 26, 2018
Ghana no dey that list oooo Wonder why they are better than nigeria....
Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by piagetskinner(m): 7:10pm On Apr 26, 2018
nigerians keep having sex like rabbits on heat
Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by Water101(f): 7:19pm On Apr 26, 2018
ProYouAdminsUK:
Also in population death rate.

We have amongst the lowest life expectancy in the world.

We lead the world in infant mortality and childbirth mortality.

Our high birth is necessary due to our high mortality rate.

Our population is amongst the few assets we have. No nation ever became a superpower with a tiny population.

Our population is not our problem we have enough land and resources to cater for 1 billion people. Our problem is governance. Getting governance right and disengaging from nations who covertly sabotage our development should be our focus.
Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by Water101(f): 7:29pm On Apr 26, 2018
ProYouAdminsUK:

Our population is amongst the few assets we have.

Our population is not our problem we have enough land and resources to cater for 1 billion people. Our problem is governance.
aside maternal mortality and infant death,jungle justice,fulani killing,sickness,people die on daily basis.in a car accident 14,20,30 and above die instantly or burn to death have any woman in nigeria birth this number of children in a day?NO! How many people register a death certificate of their relative who is decease?hardly,but people get birth certifate in my view people die equally or even more than d birth and just as u said we need good governance & in addition good church leaders and not greedy ones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 26, 2018
Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by thunderbabs: 8:08pm On Apr 26, 2018
Having sex all the time is about the only thing that tickles our fancy in this austere environment created by the head of the herdsmen. undecided

Since we cannor com n die coz buhari doesnt want money to circulate... We jus ve to find joy enjoying something else na, abi shocked
Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by grandstar(m): 1:57am On Apr 27, 2018
I don't trust these figures though Nigeria might be true
Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by akigbemaru: 2:43am On Apr 27, 2018
Opinionated:
Nigeria leads the world in terms of population growth rate. We are driving the increase in the number of people on the planet more than any other country in terms of percentage growth rate.

Our research (see table below from Internetworldstats) shows that of all the top 10 countries in the world with the highest population, Nigeria has the highest growth rate of 58% between years 2000-2018 which is quite astonishing.

A similar study by the Spectator Index gives Nigeria a higher score when it comes to population growth over the last 20 years.

Population growth, past twenty years.

Country Population Growth Rate in the last 20 Years

Nigeria 72%
Saudi Arabia 69%
Egypt 55%
Pakistan 54%
India 34%
Indonesia 31%
South Africa 31%
Turkey 29%
Mexico 26%
Canada 22%
United States 18%
UK 13%
China 12%
France 11%
South Korea 11%

This shows 2 things primarily:

1. Nigerians are prolific when it comes to sex and,

2. Family planning is not something most Nigerians care about.

While countries like Poland, Japan and Germany seem on the other end of the spectrum of population growth rate over the last 2 decades, with -2%, 0% and 1% respectively, they are faring better with less social upheaval and higher standards of living compared to Nigeria.

A lot of our problems relating to poverty and underdevelopment can be traced to poor planning and population control. There is little improvement in infrastructure, health and education to meet the increasing population. Already, Nigeria’s middle belt is a battleground between herdsmen and farmers clashing over scarce fertile land and water.

Nigeria’s huge population can be an asset but it takes proper control and planning to make this happen. Uncontrolled population growth portends a bleak future if nothing is done now.

Like this Twitter user asked: “Nigerians, what’s the rush?”

source: How Nigeria is the ‘World Champion’ in Population Growth Rate

Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by bobnatlo(m): 8:04am On Apr 27, 2018
Donchukz:
If our population growth rate is not checkmated,am afraid;Robert mathus theory will come into play,where the struggle for space and resources will make the fittest eat up the weak.[color=#990000][/color]
It's already happening bud
Just look at the way elections are contested in this country.
Or even the way politicians live after elections
Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by bobnatlo(m): 8:34am On Apr 27, 2018
Dalamama:
I personally don't believe that our growth rate is that high. We tend to over inflate everything in Nigeria. Our birth right is high but our death rate is also very high. People die like flies in Nigeria year in year out. Nigeria's population is no where near 195 million. At most our population will be like 140 million or a little less.
Did u read the write up at all??
U have one of d fastest population growth in d world
50% of your population is below 20 (unproductive)
The supposedly productive age of 25 - 45. There no job for them Do u even know that between 01/206 to 09/2017 close to 8m Nigerians lost their jobs according to NBS.

World Poverty clock last yr reports that our population growth is proportional to our poverty growth ( meaning as we grow in number poverty n joblessness is proportionally growing as well)

With all these you are saying we are blowing things out of proportion.
So y ar we dying like flies if not poverty growth. If it's very ok for u. Pls nobly look around u to see the true picture of our country.
The order day I had to quickly request for a teenage girl to come work in my firm (at least B4 her admission was true). All because an old manager of a small
Firm wanted to sleep with her B4 she get a contract work paying less than 10k.

U didn't ask ur self y this govt was enrolling family members through the back door into customs, CBN, FIRS, PPMC etc

Guy we gats have to do something B4 something do us in this country. And definitely not with this crop of political leaders period

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by Gudiza(m): 9:36pm On Apr 27, 2018
bobnatlo:

World Poverty clock last yr reports that our population growth is proportional to our poverty growth (meaning as we grow in number poverty n joblessness is proportionally growing as well)
scary stuff...
Check out the no of children for Important figures around the world

Number of children.

King Salman: 13
Trump: 5
Erdogan: 4
Kim Jong-un: 3
Putin: 2
Xi Jinping: 1
Modi: 0
Shinzo Abe: 0
Macron: 0
Merkel: 0
May: 0" ~ spectatorindex
Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by BumperNO: 2:29pm On Jan 16, 2019
ProYouAdminsUK:

We smiley have amongst the lowest life expectancy in the world.

Our population is amongst the few assets we have. No nation ever became a superpower with a tiny population.

Our population is not our problem we have enough land and resources to cater for 1 billion people. Our problem is governance. Getting governance right and disengaging from nations who covertly sabotage our development should be our focus.
Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by OmilAguTutors: 1:08pm On Feb 07, 2019
smiley
ProYouAdminsUK:

Re: Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate by OmilAguTutors: 1:09pm On Feb 07, 2019
smiley
ProYouAdminsUK:
If you think our population is too high, consider our high mortality rate in Nigeria. Tell me a month that goes by that Nigerians do not hear of somebody dying in their community. Ignore official figures; I contend we have lowest life expectancy in the world.

Do this calculation to estimate life expectancy.

Take average age of everyone you remember to have died in last 1 year.

Include still births or infants record their age as zero if stillborn at full term or close to full-term ; record age as 1 for babies dying between 6months and 12months.

Include deaths from accidents, car crashes etc and violent crime etc.
Don't include those that you have not personally met (with exception of stillborn babies which should include), Don't include people who you do not know their age.

I did this calculation and was amazed at the average age.

I am keen to learn what figure others arrive at before giving you my figure.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From Ike Ekweremadu's 56th Birthday Celebration / Court Orders Police To Pay OurMumuDonDo N50m Over Attack During Protest / EFCC Is Chasing Shadows, Only God Can Decide 2019 - David Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.