Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict (17363 Views)

KOGI STATE: APC screens out over 9 aspirants ahead of the Primaries / Ekiti Election: Ekiti APC Chairman, Jide Awe Resigns / Ekiti APC Protests Against Fayose's Verbal Attacks On Buhari (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by Aminat508(f): 7:26pm On Apr 26, 2018
@AMILOADED

Ahead of the governorship election in Ekiti state, the people of the state, most especially eligible voters have conducted a screening exercise on the thirty aspirants jostling to succeed Governor Ayodele Fayose under the platform of the opposition All Progressives Congress.

The result of the screening exercise made available to Amiloaded correspondent revealed the level of contributions made by the thirty aspirants to their party, their closeness or otherwise to Ekiti people in the street and how they are being perceived by the people and party members.

The result also showed that a former member of the House Of Representatives, Congressman Bimbo Daramola had spent 13 years in the APC and that is street credibility is marked "very remarkable. "

According to the result titled: "The People's Screening Esxercise of Ekiti State APC gubernatorial Aspirants," Daramola had never defected from the APC and that evidence of his contributions to the APC is "substantial"

Meanwhile, some other screened aspirants' street credibility was marked "unknown" while others including the immediate past governor of the state and the incumbent Minister of steel, Dr. Kayode Fayemi are marked "average " on street credibility with substantial evidence of contributions to the APC in the state.

Other aspirants screened include Mr Kola Alabi, Senator Gbenga Aluko, Rt. Hon. Femi Bamisile, Dr. Wole Oluyede, Mr. Debo Ranti Ajayi, Chief Oladiran Banabas Adesuwa, Dr. Makanjuola Akindele Owolabi, Hon. Bamidele Faparusi, Capt. Sunday Adebomi, Chief Dele Okeya, Aare Muyiwa Olumilua, Bisi Aloba, Sesan Fatoba, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, Sen. Babafemi Ojudu, a former Personal Assistant to Asiwaju Bola Hameed Tinubu and a former member, House of Representatives between 2011 and 2015, Hon. Michael Opeyemi Bamidele, Mr. Ogunkayode Oladipo, Barr. Victor Olumuyiwa Kolade, Oluomo Oluwole Oluleye and Prince Olatunji Tosin Olofinluyi.

Others are Engr. Kayode Ojo, Dr. Adebayo Orire, Bodunde Adeyanju, Sen. Ayo Arise, Mr. Muyiwa Coker, Mrs. Christiana Mojisola Yaya Kolade, Otunba Yinka Akerele, the National Deputy Chairman, Southwest APC, Chief Segun Oni, and Deacon Esan.

For Alabi, he was perceived as "detached" from the people of Ekiti. He has spent two years in Ekiti APC. Aluko did defect from PDP to Labour before returning to APC . He was convicted before being vacated. The people perceived him as elite.

Bamisile is said to have had issues with Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife and has spent four years in APC where he defected to from the PDP. His street credibility is marked "very visible. "

Oluyede had spent two years in APC and his street credibility is marked "unknown." The people rated Ajayi as being "unknown " to them in his six years in the party.

Adesua who defected from DPP was also said to be unknown to the people. Owolabi who defected from Labour Party to APC is equally said to be unknown to the people.

Faparusi, member of the House of Representatives, though known to the people was said to have rendered a "modest" service to the party in his eight years membership.

Adebomi and Okeya who defected from the PDP have spent two years in while their street credibility is unknown. Olumiliua is slightly visible to the people of the state and his service record in the party in his 12 years is moderate.

Aloba who has spent three years has no obvious contribution to the party in his three years membership. Fatoba has no obvious contribution to the party and street credibility in his ten years membership.

Former governor of Ekiti, John Kayode Fayemi (JKF) is said to have average street credibility and has contributed substantially to the party. Ojudu contributed substantially to the party with average street credibility in his 18 years.

Micheal Opeyemi Bamidele (MOB) also has substantial contribution and street credibility in his rating. Bamidele, a former commissioner for 8 years in Lagos is said to have issues on trust owing to his defection from PDP to APC in 2014. Oladipo is not know to the people neither did he contribute anything to the party.

Kolade, Oluleye, Olofinluyi, Ojo, Orire, Adeyanju, Arise, Coker, Akerele and Esan are unknown to the people and party in terms of contributions.

Kolade has been available to the party interms of contributions and Oni, who was unseated by the tribunal in 2010 has been moderate in street credibility. The former member of ETF is seen as being stingy and not well integrated into the mainstream of the party

Source: https://www.amiloaded.com/2018/04/governorship-poll-ekiti-people-conduct.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by Aminat508(f): 7:33pm On Apr 26, 2018

Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by Martzki: 7:56pm On Apr 26, 2018
chai!
Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by ishowdotgmail(m): 7:56pm On Apr 26, 2018
Think BAMFEM will be the right choice for APC. Such a strong man for Fayose

1 Like

Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by veacea: 7:59pm On Apr 26, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by MYHUBBY: 7:59pm On Apr 26, 2018
.let that devil push APC to pick fayemi then kolapo shouldn't campaign much, fayemi defeat would be one the most disgrace defeating in the history of Nigeria

he's exhausted politically, if APC want to pull weight, segun oni should be consider hence all the rest would become history

ekiti still like segun oni, he's a listening man

11 Likes

Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by NORSIYK(m): 8:00pm On Apr 26, 2018
PDP will win with a landslide

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by ericdon50: 8:02pm On Apr 26, 2018
undecided undecidedwho cares
Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by Ahmeduana(m): 8:04pm On Apr 26, 2018
Aminat508:
@AMILOADED

Source: https://www.amiloaded.com/2018/04/governorship-poll-ekiti-people-conduct.html?m=1
SO THEY ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE THAT WILL MATCH FAYOSE STREET CREDIBILITY? e ti ku ta, KASUA NKU YAYI KONTE
Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by 1stallon(m): 8:05pm On Apr 26, 2018
Transparency

1 Like

Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by agabusta: 8:06pm On Apr 26, 2018
MYHUBBY:
.let that devil push APC to pick fayemi then kolapo shouldn't campaign much, fayemi defeat would be one the most disgrace defeating in the history of Nigeria

he's exhausted politically, if APC want to pull weight, segun oni should be consider hence all the rest would become history

I have been hearing same from a lot of Ekiti folks that Segun Oni is very much popular and is the only candidate that can win the state for APC.

I really dont know what Fayemi is still looking for.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by billante(m): 8:08pm On Apr 26, 2018
Can you imagine 30 Aspirants

I thought they said yorubas are politically matured according to afonjas and bubu!

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by Slurity(m): 8:10pm On Apr 26, 2018
NORSIYK:
PDP will win with a landslide
Hahaha, Fayose alone is what we voted for in PDP, Yoruba state is APC States.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by johannesburg(m): 8:10pm On Apr 26, 2018
Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 8:22pm On Apr 26, 2018
grin
Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by MYHUBBY: 8:31pm On Apr 26, 2018
agabusta:

I have been hearing same from a lot of Ekiti folks that Segun Oni is very much popular and is the only candidate that can win the state for APC.

I really dont know what Fayemi is still looking for.

Fayemi is just a favoured man, not a politician

during his regime I was in ekiti before rerun and his administration. he only dine with elites and his fellow politicians

he don't understand that ekiti politics is a locale one, he's playing international politics in Ekiti

I never for once see him, the first day I would have see him when he entered unad, it was teargas they used to send students off

Ekitian then wait for him at the poll, even his ward at isan oye ekiti, fayose defeated him

an incumbent governor was defeated with high margin and the same man is still having gut to contest for governorship seat In Ekiti

the defeat APC would face picking fayemi, would send APC to its permanent grave

segun is just the second recognized governor in ekiti after fayose even fayose they fear his popularity

he's a man of little words but very compassionate and listening

2 Likes

Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by benuejosh: 8:31pm On Apr 26, 2018
Having stayed in Ekiti State for a period of time, i believe Segun Oni would carry the day if the ticket is handed over to him. He is extremely loved and popular too. Man of the people. Fayemi will be a colossal failure if that ticket is handed to him. Most people Love Segun Oni.

2 Likes

Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by oluemmakay(m): 9:03pm On Apr 26, 2018
benuejosh:
Having stayed in Ekiti State for a period of time, i believe Segun Oni would carry the day if the ticket is handed over to him. He is extremely loved and popular too. Man of the people. Fayemi will be a colossal failure if that ticket is handed to him. Most people Love Segun Oni.
I can't say less. During his tenure, he awarded the contract to tarr the major road in my community. It was given to a foreign contractor who did a wonderful job.
Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by asobo: 9:13pm On Apr 26, 2018
Street credibility.
Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:33pm On Apr 26, 2018
billante:
Can you imagine 30 Aspirants

I thought they said yorubas are politically matured according to afonjas and bubu!
federally
At state level may the best man win
Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by moneyman4god: 9:34pm On Apr 26, 2018
I also see CSO as the best choice and preferable candidature for the APC. fayemi is a very proud and arrogant person. he sees himself has been better than the Ekiti people dat voted for him. Segun's legacy is written all over the wall of ekiti, im so sure even Fayose will perfer CSO as his successor. I so moved.
Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by dman4mdmoon(m): 9:57pm On Apr 26, 2018
MYHUBBY:

Fayemi is just a favoured man, not a politician

during his regime I was in ekiti before rerun and his administration. he only dine with elites and his fellow politicians

he don't understand that ekiti politics is a locale one, he's playing international politics in Ekiti

I never for once see him, the first day I would have see him when he entered unad, it was teargas they used to send students off

Ekitian then wait for him at the poll, even his ward at isan oye ekiti, fayose defeated him

an incumbent governor was defeated with high margin and the same man is still having gut to contest for governorship seat In Ekiti

the defeat APC would face picking fayemi, would send APC to its permanent grave

segun is just the second recognized governor in ekiti after fayose even fayose they fear his popularity

he's a man of little words but very compassionate and listening

What is the meaning of Ekitian? It must be a new word! I have never heard of that before.
Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by MYHUBBY: 10:08pm On Apr 26, 2018
dman4mdmoon:

What is the meaning of Ekitian? It must be a new word! I have never heard of that before.

and do I look like online tutor?

1 Like

Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by dman4mdmoon(m): 10:22pm On Apr 26, 2018
MYHUBBY:

and do I look like online tutor?

Then don't use words that are confusing except you want to create your own words. There is nothing like Ekitian. The right thing to say is the "people of Ekiti", Ekiti man or Ekiti woman.

1 Like

Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by MYHUBBY: 10:24pm On Apr 26, 2018
dman4mdmoon:

Then don't use words that are confusing except you want to create your own words. There is nothing like Ekitian. The right thing to say is the "people of Ekiti", Ekiti man or Ekiti woman.

are you stupid naturally or you're just using the stupidity deliberately?

Ekitians is my used of word, you can hang yourself if u ain't comfortable with it
Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by dman4mdmoon(m): 10:39pm On Apr 26, 2018
MYHUBBY:

are you stupid naturally or you're just using the stupidity deliberately?

Ekitians is my used of word, you can hang yourself if u ain't comfortable with it

It is good to know that you are the one that created the word to suit your purpose. At least, the World will not be mislead. One of the beauties of Nairaland is anonymity. If not, you will think twice before using the word "stupidity" on people. Though, I won't take offence in that.
Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by SirBunky85(m): 10:59pm On Apr 26, 2018
Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by SirBunky85(m): 11:01pm On Apr 26, 2018
MYHUBBY:

are u from and reside in ekiti state?
Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by SirBunky85(m): 11:04pm On Apr 26, 2018
benuejosh:
unfortunately,fayemi controls the apc structure in ekiti and he might get the ticket
Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by MYHUBBY: 4:30am On Apr 27, 2018
dman4mdmoon:

It is good to know that you are the one that created the word to suit your purpose. At least, the World will not be mislead. One of the beauties of Nairaland is anonymity. If not, you will think twice before using the word "stupidity" on people. Though, I won't take offence in that.

sharap there, does the word kwaran emanate from the dico. wetin dey do all dis indomie generation sef

don't let me descend on u coz if I do u may not like the outcome?
Re: Governorship Election: Ekiti APC Screens 30 Aspirants, Gives Verdict by kaystick86(m): 7:50am On Apr 27, 2018
From the recommendations above, most of the top guns on the list has issues with street credibity and biafam with serious legal issue.

From my submission, Daramola has scored 90%

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obasanjo Commissions Memorial Library In Oyo State (photos) / We Are Not Part Of Those That Sealed Onnoghen’s Chambers – Police. / LIRS Shuts Down Portal That Exposed Tax Payer's Data After NITDA Intervention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.